Wish Scotty would bring out a Legacy range

Longballjock

7 hours ago, MattM97 said:

Just any, if you watch any Scotty videos on his YouTube channel he'll mention the dots being easy branding/marketing without the need to see the putter up close. 

I'm not a fan of the multiple dots on those Select Tours but dots are their thing I guess. 

Was this the inspiration for the 3 red cherry dots?

image.png.a949772d7587ef5a6c451be85b75a5b5.png

• Haha 1

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

7 hours ago, SetTheBarrHigh said:

Me newest Cam came out in 2004. It’s tough to improve upon these two lines. 

7EFE9445-F1A9-4CF6-B721-B19E79C58F8E.jpeg

Love your Mid Sur , the heavy head must feel great. Might look at picking 1 up so I can play it at 33" without having to add tape. The newest one I gamed was a studio style a long time ago. But went back to my circa 62 no1. Think it will be going back in the bag for next season. A new paintfill and scotty grip and it will be good to go.

Driver: Taylormade Sim Max 10.5*, UST Attas Prototype DK 7x 44.5"

5wood: Ping G400 16.5*, Ping Tour 7x 42"

2iron: Srixon ZX 18* , Aerotech steelfiber i95s, 1* Flat standard Length.

3hybrid: Ping G410 20* Flat, Fujikura 2.0 8x

4&5irons: Ping i200 , Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S. 1* Flat

6-pw: Ping i Blade , Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S. 1* Flat

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 52* & 58* , Aerotech Steelfiber i95s. 1*Flat

Putter: Nike Method 001 "Oven" flowneck.

Grips: Lamkin UTX 

Ball: Vice Pro Plus (white & Neon yellow)

10 hours ago, btyh said:

All I ask is that he quit with the 3 cherry bombs at this point. Otherwise I'm fine ebay hunting the classics. 

I wish they would use a single cherry bomb on the left next to titleist script. Great look I think. But the 3 are just boring at this point.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RobotDoctor said:

Was this the inspiration for the 3 red cherry dots?

image.png.a949772d7587ef5a6c451be85b75a5b5.png

Wouldn't be surprised if he saw a vehicle or office with that logo on his was to work often then one day had an idea of his own.

• Haha 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

6 minutes ago, Longballjock said:

I wish they would use a single cherry bomb on the left next to titleist script. Great look I think. But the 3 are just boring at this point.

I'm over all of it. Even worse are the big single tour dots all the "scotty haters" who says scotty is a copy cat and go buy Byron Morgan's that is basically a scotty cameron saying "it's the greatest putter" ever ruined it and now every resto company are putting them on putters like it's a guaranteed one putt if you get it on your putter. Sorry for the rant. My biggest equipment annoyance.images.jpeg.cfffde2c2d137372ccef12bd5196012e.jpeg0d22c4c1a8e1fb1ee288685f98cd0533.jpg.95246d8fa323e2996cfc1a296262bc9f.jpgunnamed.jpg.822359f43a2ab78cffd0dffc10b41531.jpgBeautiful-Byron-Morgan-DH89-303SS-Putter.jpg.b833af53036a1f8069bb4ba4cc7dcf0a.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, btyh said:

I'm over all of it. Even worse are the big single tour dots all the "scotty haters" who says scotty is a copy cat and go buy Byron Morgan's that is basically a scotty cameron saying "it's the greatest putter" ever ruined it and now every resto company are putting them on putters like it's a guaranteed one putt if you get it on your putter. Sorry for the rant. My biggest equipment annoyance.images.jpeg.cfffde2c2d137372ccef12bd5196012e.jpeg0d22c4c1a8e1fb1ee288685f98cd0533.jpg.95246d8fa323e2996cfc1a296262bc9f.jpgunnamed.jpg.822359f43a2ab78cffd0dffc10b41531.jpgBeautiful-Byron-Morgan-DH89-303SS-Putter.jpg.b833af53036a1f8069bb4ba4cc7dcf0a.jpg

Mine is when they don't know the purpose for the dot and put it on the toe side 🤦‍♂️.

But doesn't matter as much on heavier putters.

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

1 minute ago, btyh said:

As horrible as the 3 dots are what's worse is Byron throwing it on his putters 2087575474_images(1).jpeg.56fd10fdeb6a0c3a35095fc61effc50d.jpeg

Byron does what customers want, if someone wants "Tour Proto" on the putter he'll stamp it. He won't put any logos or branding if that's what's asked too.

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

12 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Byron does what customers want, if someone wants "Tour Proto" on the putter he'll stamp it. He won't put any logos or branding if that's what's asked too.

Yea more power to him. More the keyboard warriors saying copy cat this copy cat that have a [scotty cameron] from another builder 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, btyh said:

Yea more power to him. More the keyboard warriors saying copy cat this copy cat that have a [scotty cameron] from another builder 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Everyone in the end copied Karsten, just matters who can do what a customer wants, for a specific model and for the price they can pay.

I'll admit there are a few versions of Scotty's putters that are really nice like his Oil Can NP2, always thought that was his nicest NP2 shape for my, was just never made in LH. So I found someone who makes a similar looking head and got it made how I wanted it for me.

• Like 4

Lefty - WITB Thread

6 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Everyone in the end copied Karsten, just matters who can do what a customer wants, for a specific model and for the price they can pay.

I'll admit there are a few versions of Scotty's putters that are really nice like his Oil Can NP2, always thought that was his nicest NP2 shape for my, was just never made in LH. So I found someone who makes a similar looking head and got it made how I wanted it for me.

Yea if you can't afford something gives no reason to give hate. All growing up In the game I always wanted a cameron. Gives you drive, gives you something to <work> for. Something that is lacking in the states. 

Now unfortunately left hand situation is sad. My closest friend is lefty but still has his love for cameron. gives me alot of respect for him due to the lack of left hand options but didn't stop him from playing what gives him the most passion. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, btyh said:

The difference is that unless you're a top touring pro or top ranked amateur you cannot pick your markings or stamps on a putter from Cameron.  With Byron Morgan it is the buyer who chooses what markings or stamps Byron puts on.  Byron offers a putter and lets the buyer choose everything about a putter from specs, weld necks and marks and stamps.  Not fair to lump Byron in this category without acknowledging this.

• Like 2

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

1 hour ago, MattM97 said:

Like this one? ....

IMG_8608.jpg

IMG_8610.jpg

Of course I wanted something to acknowledge this was made by Byron Morgan.

IMG_8609.jpg

I am sending my DH89 back to Byron to add "DH89" and "GSS" on the bumpers and have the top line rolled.  I might add the head weight on the toe (end),  This putter is at 352g at the moment.

But getting back to what you were saying, Byron leaves the stamping to the buyer and I originally chose minimalist. 

Edited by RobotDoctor
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RobotDoctor said:

The difference is that unless you're a top touring pro or top ranked amateur you cannot pick your markings or stamps on a putter from Cameron.  With Byron Morgan it is the buyer who chooses what markings or stamps Byron puts on.  Byron offers a putter and lets the buyer choose everything about a putter from specs, weld necks and marks and stamps.  Not fair to lump Byron in this category without acknowledging this.

Not the hate on Byron it's the ones on here giving hate to cameron and they have a look alike like the examples I've shown. 

Personally Ive always been interested in early circle t putters. knowing they were used by someone or sat by the practice greens on Monday through Wednesday. Every one I've come across someone had a story with it. New Cameron's and New gallery circle ts are hard to understand and justify 

2 minutes ago, RobotDoctor said:

Like this one? ....

IMG_8608.jpg

IMG_8610.jpg

Of course I wanted something to acknowledge this was made by Byron Morgan.

IMG_8609.jpg

Good quality work you have. some of my favorite Byron's. just a clean slate. And unique long neck. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, btyh said:

56 minutes ago, btyh said:

Yea if you can't afford something gives no reason to give hate. All growing up In the game I always wanted a cameron. Gives you drive, gives you something to <work> for. Something that is lacking in the states. 

Now unfortunately left hand situation is sad. My closest friend is lefty but still has his love for cameron. gives me alot of respect for him due to the lack of left hand options but didn't stop him from playing what gives him the most passion. 

Not everyone who says Cameron copied Karsten Solheim or TP Mills is a hater.  This is the most over used term on the internet.  Ridiculous is what it is.  The fact is that Cameron did many of his redesigns from these two great designers, so did a lot of other companies and small putter makers.  Solheim was probably the greatest innovator of putters in the putter design arena, by far.  That said, I don't hold it against Cameron to add his design elements to the Anser, TP Mills One, or Kia Ma's mallet design.  Good for Cameron and good for any other company who did this as well.  With regards to a Cameron redesign, I think the American Classic VII (the intended Inspired by Phil Mickelson that never happened) is one of the best works he did and a putter that I can certainly appreciate.  I have owned an original 8813 putter and believe Cameron's version is simply stellar.  That said some of Cameron's inspiration comes from other sources, like Leica Cameras (as it is rumored).  Who cares, Cameron designs putters, Byron Morgan designs putters, Tyson Lamb designs putters, Bob Bettinardi designs putters, as do a lot of other companies.  Good for all of them.  At the end of the day people should buy what makes them happy and play golf.  👍

Edited by RobotDoctor
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, btyh said:

Not the hate on Byron it's the ones on here giving hate to cameron and they have a look alike like the examples I've shown. 

Personally Ive always been interested in early circle t putters. knowing they were used by someone or sat by the practice greens on Monday through Wednesday. Every one I've come across someone had a story with it. New Cameron's and New gallery circle ts are hard to understand and justify 

Good quality work you have. some of my favorite Byron's. just a clean slate. And unique long neck. 

I asked for this long neck.  I don't like plumber's necks.  Too many angles to my liking.  A friend had a putter like this at an outing I was at back in 2014 and I really liked it.  Byron made the putter how I asked from flow neck, shaft offset, stamps and finish.  I would say the biggest differentiator between Cameron and Morgan is the accessibility of Byron Morgan.  Then again I can understand with Cameron and not having the masses having direct access to him.  Scotty Cameron is a brand onto itself, figuratively and literally.  I do say that I like the old Cherry Dots, like Tiger's.  This was done for weighting not looks and it took off because, well, it was Tiger Woods.  I do think the Cherry Dots and Circle T has become too much.  I also like the old Circle T putters when they were stamped and were done for actual tour made putters.  Thank TCC and a few high end, high volume collectors for having the Circle T craze go nuts.  Personally I would rather have a Circle L putter.  😆

• Like 2

Some decent points coming across in the thread. I'm guessing most people own an older model scotty that they like to roll from time to time ??.

I have never even seen a byron Morgan putter here in Scotland so I can't comment on them. But we all no most derived from the anser style putter from ping. And now the mallets are really modelled after TMs spider putter.

• Like 1

Was never a fan of the insert models.  The feel was off.

I picked up a Studio Select Fastback for a song over the summer as a backup Scotty.  The feel off the face is just as amazing as a proper forged blade.

Titleist TSR3 10*: LA Golf Olyss 65S

Titleist TSi2 16.5*: Aldila Rogue Silver 125 70S

Titleist TSR3 19*:  LA Golf Ozik Black Tie 105S

Titleist TSi2 22*: Aldila Tour Blue 105TX

Grindworks PR-202 6-PW: Nippon Modus3 120X

Edel SMS 48*V / 60*T:  Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Grindworks Barrett 52* / 56*: Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Fastback

8 hours ago, SetTheBarrHigh said:

The Pro Platinum is still 42” from when I played it as a belly putter in college.

I cut the Studio Stainless down to 33”. They’re money if you play a shorter putter. 

You're not lying I have a few myself. 33.5, and 34. The catilina classic 2007 is same size as the midsur without the plumbers neck but 251g. Didn't get along with it not having a plumbers so it's currently going to be a long neck project. 

• Like 1