Tensei Pro Orange 1K Release Date?

cheeeezzz

16 hours ago, eric61 said:

Matt over at Plugged In Golf did a review of the TPO 1K. I’m pretty sure it’s OK to post links there, right? Here it is.

I tend to pay attention to Matt because he has about the same speed I do, and his description of feels when he tests shafts typically connects pretty well with what I feel. His gamer is the White 1K, and he says the Orange swingweights about 2 pts lighter and promotes a small draw because of how he reacted to the CB weight shift vs. the White being neutral/fade-biased. 

@phizzy30 does his description pretty much match what you’ve been feeling? I really like the White and have an Orange on the way that I’m looking forward to trying.

Pretty much nailed it.  The TPO 1K flight pattern for me is slight draw when I hit it right.  The 1K was more neutral for me but I wouldn't call it fade biased.  The TPO 1K and 1K feel very similar but I feel as though my dispersion is better with the TPO 1K.  Where the 1K shined was in the ball speed department where I saw it it jump up 2-4 mph. 

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

On 4/8/2022 at 3:35 PM, phizzy30 said:

Pretty much nailed it.  The TPO 1K flight pattern for me is slight draw when I hit it right.  The 1K was more neutral for me but I wouldn't call it fade biased.  The TPO 1K and 1K feel very similar but I feel as though my dispersion is better with the TPO 1K.  Where the 1K shined was in the ball speed department where I saw it it jump up 2-4 mph. 

Any updates on the TPO 1K? Honestly I’m skeptical it could be better than VB lol. I mean I just can’t think of anything performing better but after all you said I might just pull the trigger, I need a little more launch in my G425 MAX but I don’t want any more spin, it’s a 9 head turned all the way down to 7.5

4 hours ago, WeritoK2 said:

Any updates on the TPO 1K? Honestly I’m skeptical it could be better than VB lol. I mean I just can’t think of anything performing better but after all you said I might just pull the trigger, I need a little more launch in my G425 MAX but I don’t want any more spin, it’s a 9 head turned all the way down to 7.5

The VB launched just a tad higher than the TPO 1K.  Spin was in the same ball park.  It really comes down if you want something counterbalanced or not.  It only moves the swing weight 2 points lighter but that can be significant for some golfers.  I feel as though the TPO 1K has more feel than the VB though. 

• Like 1

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

6 hours ago, WeritoK2 said:

1 hour ago, phizzy30 said:

The VB launched just a tad higher than the TPO 1K.  Spin was in the same ball park.  It really comes down if you want something counterbalanced or not.  It only moves the swing weight 2 points lighter but that can be significant for some golfers.  I feel as though the TPO 1K has more feel than the VB though. 

yeah I’m all on board with tpo 1k. I think me and phizzy are the biggest advocates of it lol. In terms of launch it’s different strokes for different folks maybe the counterbalance will change your load and dynamically increase your launch but hard to say on someone’s else’s swing dynamics. Personally coming from VB I maybe noticed a tick up in launch but it’s negligible. For me personally this thing is just point and shoot and don’t really have big misses with lots of curve mainly just slight pulls and pushes with minimal side spin and it’s reassuring that I don’t have a miss like that on the tee. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Glock917 said:

yeah I’m all on board with tpo 1k. I think me and phizzy are the biggest advocates of it lol. In terms of launch it’s different strokes for different folks maybe the counterbalance will change your load and dynamically increase your launch but hard to say on someone’s else’s swing dynamics. Personally coming from VB I maybe noticed a tick up in launch but it’s negligible. For me personally this thing is just point and shoot and don’t really have big misses with lots of curve mainly just slight pulls and pushes with minimal side spin and it’s reassuring that I don’t have a miss like that on the tee. 

While I don't have the 1K, I do have the TPO and the VB and I agree with these sentiments. Haven't been able to try them on the same head, but miss with the VB for me is a pull rather than a hook and the TPO/LST combo I can't seem to turn over at all even with the weight in the draw position.

•  💎💎💎 8* Paradym playing at 7*, ADUB 7X, tipped 1"
  • Ping 425 LST 13* Ping Tour Black 7X
  • Ping 425 2HY 17* Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX, T200U 100X HZ Black, Paradym TD 5 Wood GT 80TX
  • TaylorMade Combo, 1U/1S, PX LS 6.5 
  • 770 4I, P7MC 5-PW
  • SM9 50.08F, SM8 55.11S, SM9 60.06 T
  • Taylormade Spider X Face Balanced, Scotty Phantom X 5s, Odyssey Ten Ball 

Can anyone who has purchased one direct me to a good supplier or someone you ordered from?  Thank you for your help

Cobra LTDX LS, Ventus TR S, Tipped 1" at 44.5, 9 @ 8

Ping G425 Max, Ventus TR 7, Tipped 1" at 42.5, 14.5 @ 13.5

Callaway Apex UW w/RDX Smoke Black 80S, 17 & 21

Bridgestone J38cb w/Nippon Modus 130S SS1x, 5-PW

Callaway Mack Daddy 4 S Grind w/Nippon SPB 130x SS2x, 52

Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind w/Nippon SPB 130x SS2x, 56 & 60

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

Thanks!  I had a fitting today and the Cobra LTDX LS with the original TPO was the clear winner, rolled the dice on the 1k 60S from him.  Can't wait to try it out

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

On 3/2/2022 at 8:13 AM, BirdieBob said:

16 minutes ago, Haber said:

I ordered one from Peoples and had it in hand built to exact spec within a few days. 

i personally got mine from raregolfitems on eBay as well. Gave me a $100 discount from retail which is the main reason I jumped on it. 

7 hours ago, Haber said:

I ordered one from Peoples and had it in hand built to exact spec within a few days. 

Great to hear, can't wait to plug it in

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

Great info guys, perhaps if I like it in the driver I'll look at a 70 for the 3 wood.  It was a little more palatable with the 15% off, thanks!

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

Had mine out at the driving range for the first time tonight. 60X playing 45.5” in a Callaway Rogue ST Max at 9*.

I definitely agree with comments that this is feels just a little softer than the 1K White. It also seems to have just a little extra gas in the tank. 

I’m weird with counterbalanced profiles, I react to them by leaving the face open and hitting slices, which is not really normal for me. That’s how things started today. But I found a groove and started dropping about 10 in a row just past a little marker that’s at 235 and was my aiming point.

(These are very beat-up range balls, so that obviously me distance. But the wind was behind me, so that helped. I really have no data exactly what my launch, spin and carry were — no launch monitors at this range. I max out in the low 110s but felt a little slower today.)

I also had the 1K White with me today. Orange launched higher than White for me. My dispersion with White is just so so good, but I felt like I was getting a little more distance out of Orange. But Orange also looked a little higher and spinnier. That’s purely eyeballing it, and not a particularly useful observation since I was pounding beat-up and sort of muddy range balls and the wind was behind me, but for sure the first thing I’ll be looking at when I can get on a launch monitor. 

It’s a really good shaft and it feels very smooth. Not sure it’s right for me, but it’s staying around for more tests.

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

On 4/11/2022 at 11:38 AM, phizzy30 said:

Phizzy, have you compared Ventus Black versus the new Ventus TR? Or anyone has?

Just now, WeritoK2 said:

Phizzy, have you compared Ventus Black versus the new Ventus TR? Or anyone has?

I was able to test the TR recently.  It's a tweener between the blue and black.  It launched a touch higher than the black but was far more stable than the blue.  I wouldn't quite call it anti-left but the TR would be less prone to curve hard left.  Spin was within 200 rpm of each other. 

• Like 1

Got to spend more time hitting the 1K Orange tonight … I have to agree with @phizzy30 that it wants to draw where the 1K White just wants to go straight. That’s not a bad thing for me, though. It also has just a little more juice than the White. The feel is terrific. The dispersion was great — not quite as good as White but close. I feel like I’ve seen enough to leave it in and give it a go this season.

• Like 1

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

8 hours ago, WeritoK2 said:

1K Orange arriving Monday. Can’t think of anything taking the place of my VB, if this Mitsubishi got some extra launch with same spin and dispersion, I ain’t playing other setup for years… 

Hopefully it works out for you.  The only significant difference I saw/felt was that the TPO 1K had more feel for me over the VB.

Has anyone compared this directly to the previous original Pro Orange? I have a 70TX that I really like. Play it untipped and feel it is really smooth, while being stable. Would like to think this is a more stable, even smoother version. People keep talking about it having a draw bias, and I just don’t see that in my OG PO. That has kinda been something on my mind when thinking of picking one up to compare. I fight the hook as it is and the OG has done well in taking care of that. 

[u]Driver [/u]- Taylormade M5 9 degree - Tensei Pro White 70TX
[u]3 wood[/u] - TEE CB4--Axivcore Tour Green 85X
[u]Hybrid[/u] - Callaway X2hot 18 Tour Green 75X
[u]Irons[/u] - Titleist 714 AP2 4-pw DG X100
[u]Wedges [/u]- SM7 52, SM5 58 DG X100
[u]Putter [/u]- Seemore FGP Mallet

5 minutes ago, rodney24 said:

Has anyone compared this directly to the previous original Pro Orange? I have a 70TX that I really like. Play it untipped and feel it is really smooth, while being stable. Would like to think this is a more stable, even smoother version. People keep talking about it having a draw bias, and I just don’t see that in my OG PO. That has kinda been something on my mind when thinking of picking one up to compare. I fight the hook as it is and the OG has done well in taking care of that. 

I have a 1K coming this week. I'll let you know

• Ping 425 2HY 17* Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX, T200U 100X HZ Black, Paradym TD 5 Wood GT 80TX
  • 770 4I, P7MC 5-PW

1 hour ago, rodney24 said:

My buddy has a TPO that I've tested before.  The 1K version def feels smoother but linear like the TPO.  The transition would be seamless for you.  I would say it's a bit more stable.  Wouldn't call it draw biased.  It was more neutral bias for me. 

For those playing the TPO 1K in driver, what do you have in 3 wood?  Seems many don't try it because of the counterbalance?

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

9 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

My buddy has a TPO that I've tested before.  The 1K version def feels smoother but linear like the TPO.  The transition would be seamless for you.  I would say it's a bit more stable.  Wouldn't call it draw biased.  It was more neutral bias for me. 

If there’s one thing I love about my PO is the linear smoothness of the shaft. It’s just like a one piece bend and feels easy to time and control. I tossed around the idea of tipping it when I built it up, but backed out because I figured it was stable enough as is and I am a historically low spin driver of the ball even with what most would call a higher swing speed. Most all these newer drivers I have to loft up, and still struggle keeping the spin up. 

my pairing of the PO and my C721 has been fantastic. Been driving the ball better than I ever have. Glad I pulled it out of the closet. Was sitting on an uncut one since they were released years ago because of fear of the counterbalancing. 

I love a smooth shaft. Almost to the point of them feeling too soft because it really helps my transition and timing. That’s where my intrigue has been with the new PO 1K. Figured if I could keep the same stability along with even improved feel I can’t go wrong. I’m going to have to pick one up and give it a whirl.

as I wrote that msg this morning I stumbled across a deal on uncut Kai’li White 70TX that I couldn’t pass up. So that will be getting a go before the PO, and hoping for a similar feel as the 1K while being a little cheaper alternative new. 

Edited by rodney24

[u]Driver [/u]- Taylormade M5 9 degree - Tensei Pro White 70TX
[u]3 wood[/u] - TEE CB4--Axivcore Tour Green 85X
[u]Hybrid[/u] - Callaway X2hot 18 Tour Green 75X
[u]Irons[/u] - Titleist 714 AP2 4-pw DG X100
[u]Wedges [/u]- SM7 52, SM5 58 DG X100
[u]Putter [/u]- Seemore FGP Mallet

1 hour ago, NicholasP said:

For those playing the TPO 1K in driver, what do you have in 3 wood?  Seems many don't try it because of the counterbalance?

I have a Graphite Design Tour AD HD 7X. Totally different profile. The HD is my favorite shaft -- it just feels ridiculously fast. But it launches a bit too high and spinny for me in driver. 

7 hours ago, eric61 said:

I have a Graphite Design Tour AD HD 7X. Totally different profile. The HD is my favorite shaft -- it just feels ridiculously fast. But it launches a bit too high and spinny for me in driver. 

Interesting, that's what I'm coming from in the driver is an ADHD 6s.  I currently play an ADTP 7X in a G425 Max 3 wood, which I really enjoy, but the 1k PO felt so good in driver it has me thinking 🤔

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

10 hours ago, NicholasP said:

I was fit into the TPO 1K recently and play a VA Composites Drago in my 3 wood. He tried to fit me into the TPO in my 3 iron, as I was looking to replace the stock Tensei White I got from Titleist. It wasn't bad but I preferred the Thump. I would think the counterbalance aspect doesn't do as much for shorter clubs. 

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X (Ai Smoke TD otw)
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

On 4/18/2022 at 9:53 AM, rodney24 said:

I got my TPO1K today and was able to hit about 20 balls in the local Trackman bay. I'll echo what Phizzy said in that it is definitely a smoother upgrade to the TPO. It was going left all day for me, but I'll chalk that up to a smaller grip than I'm used to and switching back and forth with a 425 LST/472 RPG M5+  combo which I can not pull. I was not making great contact today to due some early releases, so I didn't see the ball speed increase but I did see an uptick in average swing speed (111 - 114 with RPG, 114 - 119 with TPO 1K), so the ball speed will be there. First shaft I've played where it has given me 2-3 more mph swing speed. Hoping my regular size grip and a good swing day will give me the extra ball speed. 

• 770 4I, P7MC 5-PW