Taylormade Stealth 2……it’s happening?????? Black and Red

TRC723

8 hours ago, getitdaily said:

Yeah, I've been all.over the 3w map and settled on rogue st ls around June. It's been good but has that small bit of something that makes me want to keep looking. It's long. It's moderately easy to hit. Doesn't waiver offline a ton. 

After hitting the paradym and aerojet atd models I put my finger on it...those fwys are just really easy to hit. I felt like I could swing anyway I wanted and the ball just lifted and flew. The Rogue has to be hit relatively well or it drops off big time. 

Will finally test s2+ with my gamer shaft today or tomorrow...

Looking forward to your thoughts on the ts2+ 

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 230 15.0 MCA Kaili Blue 70X

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cleveland RTX Full Face 2 58/8 DG Spinner

Scotty Cameron Phantom 5S 34” (Yes the Rife Phenom.Z 34” of 10+ years may be retired) 

Very interesting to hear from a lot of people on this thread being happy about the Stealth 2 Plus being flatter. For me it’s the opposite effect and takes it out of the running for me.

At 6’7 I’ve learned now over the years that my Driver has to have a lie angle of at least 60* or else it just won’t work. So now with the Plus being 56* standard and 58* in the Upright setting, it’s just too flat for my size and my swing.

Will definitely test the Stealth 2 standard and HD versions though which are both 60* in the Upright position like TM Drivers have traditionally been the last few years.

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-7), ZX7 MK II (8-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide

WITB on WRX

8 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Very interesting to hear from a lot of people on this thread being happy about the Stealth 2 Plus being flatter. For me it’s the opposite effect and takes it out of the running for me.

At 6’7 I’ve learned now over the years that my Driver has to have a lie angle of at least 60* or else it just won’t work. So now with the Plus being 56* standard and 58* in the Upright setting, it’s just too flat for my size and my swing.

Will definitely test the Stealth 2 standard and HD versions though which are both 60* in the Upright position like TM Drivers have traditionally been the last few years.

I hate it too. I’m 6’ and have always played my irons 2 degrees up. 

I went back and forth playing stealth and sim2 upright vs flat. This one will def be upright. 

I don’t get the obsession with flat either. I play a draw when I am hitting it well and would never think to correct a hook with lie angle. I’d rather adjust my swing or move the weight. 

I do not like looking at shaft graphics so I will my adapter reinstalled for this one. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BallerNate said:

At 5’7” it directly made it a yes for me.  The only issue with the OG Stealth is the lie angle

• Like 1

2023 bag

myTaylormade Stealth 2 Plus custom 10.5 BGT Brava X Stiff tipped 1”
Taylormade Stealth 2 Tour issue 17.8 deg 5 wood Brava X Stiff FW
Titleist TSR3 4hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Titleist TSR3 5hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Miura CB-302 5,6,7 Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura MC502 8,9,pw Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura HB 50 deg S400 tour issue

Miura K2.0 54/58 S400 tour Taylormade Spider GT 33.5” short slant

Bridgestone Tour B RX

1 hour ago, NoCalHack said:

I hate it too. I’m 6’ and have always played my irons 2 degrees up. 

I went back and forth playing stealth and sim2 upright vs flat. This one will def be upright. 

I don’t get the obsession with flat either. I play a draw when I am hitting it well and would never think to correct a hook with lie angle. I’d rather adjust my swing or move the weight. 

I do not like looking at shaft graphics so I will my adapter reinstalled for this one. 

35 minutes ago, mattsam said:

At 5’7” it directly made it a yes for me.  The only issue with the OG Stealth is the lie angle

It is what it is, can’t make everyone happy and there’s no way to make clubs that will fit everyone.

The lie angle only being able to go up to a max of 58* in the Upright setting just means the Stealth 2 Plus will never be an option for guys like me.

Still lots of options out there, including the standard Stealth 2 and HD versions, so will still consider those.

WITB on WRX

53 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

It is what it is, can’t make everyone happy and there’s no way to make clubs that will fit everyone.

The lie angle only being able to go up to a max of 58* in the Upright setting just means the Stealth 2 Plus will never be an option for guys like me.

Still lots of options out there, including the standard Stealth 2 and HD versions, so will still consider those.

it wouldn’t surprise me if there were adapters that could go up more than 2 degrees. The main issue with those is if you are trying to adjust loft and lie together. 

10 hours ago, BallerNate said:

actually it is 54-58 on lie angle.

STEALTH 2 PLUS+ DRIVER RH 54°-58° 460CC 45.75" D4/D5
STEALTH 2 PLUS+ DRIVER RH/LH 54°-58° 460CC 45.75" D4/D5
STEALTH 2 PLUS+ DRIVER 10.5° RH/LH 54°-58° 460CC 45.75" D4/D5

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NoCalHack said:

it wouldn’t surprise me if there were adapters that could go up more than 2 degrees. The main issue with those is if you are trying to adjust loft and lie together. 

Hmm. Yeah, could be possible. Not sure if the juice would be worth the squeeze on that option though.

WITB on WRX

Played yesterday with new 9 degree plus and the 3 wood. As stated the 3 wood for some reason is absolutely dialed from the get go. Checks all the boxes including high end horsepower and very easy to hit off deck. 

Driver on the other hand I need to dial in and try some shafts. I think I’ll play this closer to 45.5 or slightly less when it’s all said and done. 

The weights on mine are 15g forward 15g back is that how they all are? Do you think we’ll be able to buy lighter ones in future? 

It took me a while to dial in original Stealth plus as well but when I did it was great. I remember first time hitting it I was like damnit this feels off. Then I found the right combo and it was bombs and felt better than anything. 

2 hours ago, tbone18 said:

actually it is 54-58 on lie angle.

STEALTH 2 PLUS+ DRIVER RH 54°-58° 460CC 45.75" D4/D5
STEALTH 2 PLUS+ DRIVER RH/LH 54°-58° 460CC 45.75" D4/D5
STEALTH 2 PLUS+ DRIVER 10.5° RH/LH 54°-58° 460CC 45.75" D4/D5

Yeah, true...Standard would be 54* and upright is 58*. Even worse for tall Golfers...Smh.

WITB on WRX

2 hours ago, mretrade said:

Random question, but do fitters have the fitting heads for this driver and most the new 2023 drivers yet? 

They should. For the Stealth 2 Drivers, the big retailers had their fitting event last weekend.  Some WRXers already have the new drivers in their bags.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2, 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus Velocore TR Red 5R

TaylorMade Qi10 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Fujikura Ventus TR Blue FW 65 R

Titleist T200 Irons, 4-PW, TT AMT Black R300
Titleist SM10 Jet Black Wedges, 50.08 F, 54.12 D, 60.08 SM, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

9 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Yeah, true...Standard would be 54* and upright is 58*. Even worse for tall Golfers...Smh.

it can be.  I'm 6'5" and play my drivers at 45.25" and std lie angle for years but this year have put the driver in the upright lie angle on my TSR2.  I like to fade the ball but really want to take the left side of the course out of play.  I'm right handed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tbone18 said:

it can be.  I'm 6'5" and play my drivers at 45.25" and std lie angle for years but this year have put the driver in the upright lie angle on my TSR2.  I like to fade the ball but really want to take the left side of the course out of play.  I'm right handed.

For sure, all about what works for your individual game.

For me, my miss is right, so any flat or Fade biased Drivers are absolutely disastrous. Super, super rare for me to miss left…that’s a 1 in a 1,000 shot for me.

• Like 1

WITB on WRX

Went to Golf Town last night to hit both the Stealth 2 and Paradym. Unfortunately, they didn't have the same shaft available for both drivers, and the shaft they did have for the stealth definitely wasn't a fit for me - so I'll comment on appearance.

At address, the Stealth 2 is a good looking club. It feels a little 'taller' or deeper than the OG Stealth, but it's a quick adjustment. As for feel, I really liked the sound and feel off the face. Pretty much the same as the Stealth if you ask me.

As for the Paradym, I hit both the standard, and Triple Diamond.

I cannot express how much I disliked the look of the standard model at address. The face felt so unbelievably closed in neutral position I thought I was playing a draw biased driver. The shaft I used for the Callaway was a little better of a match, and I was hitting massive duck hooks (my usual ball flight with driver is a draw). The feel was solid, but It's not something I'm used to, and preferred the Stealth.

The triple Diamond was a bomber. Similar feel to the standard which I didn't really like, but when it connected I was getting it out there 310, and a few over 320. That said - and again, wrong shaft - but the average spin I was getting was like 1500rpm (using GC Hawk launch monitor).

Not sure either driver will replace my 2018 M3, but would like to get properly fit using my normal shaft (76g HZRDUS Yellow X).

• Like 1

Taylormade M3 10.5 /HZRDS 6.5X
Titleist 913fd 15
Taylormade GAPR Mid 3
Titleist 716MB 7-PW
Titleist 716CB 4-6

Vokey SM8 52, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron Tel3 Newport

Bridgestone Tour B X

Hit about 200 balls yesterday on the quad trying to get this stealth 2 driver figured out. Moved the sliding weight towards the heel… then.. flipped the club into upright setting and boom. Started getting that good flush stealth feeling. Now.. achieved a few pretty good high end balls in upper 170’s.. it’s not quite optimized I don’t think. The 3 wood is right on its heels. 

does anyone have any experience with the Tensei 1k Orange? I’m going to try and extract a little more out of this puppy. I need 2 mph ball speed. 

2 hours ago, jonflesh said:

Seems like most of the comparisons are between the plus models with this years track being slightly different, having a flatter lie angle, longer hosel, etc. 

anyone compare the non-plus model to last years?  Any thing significant between the 2022 and 2023 non plus models? 

Yes, not impressed with the new model but neither model compares favourably with the SIM MAX 2 with the same or similar quality shafts - unaffordable  distance loss of c 13 - 20 yds for me. 

4 hours ago, jonflesh said:

Seems like most of the comparisons are between the plus models with this years track being slightly different, having a flatter lie angle, longer hosel, etc. 

anyone compare the non-plus model to last years?  Any thing significant between the 2022 and 2023 non plus models? 

Yeah, curious about that as well.

It was the same thing last year, everyone talks about the Plus but almost no feedback on the standard version.

I tried 9* and 10.5* Stealth Plus heads last year, and also a 9* standard Stealth head, and the Plus heads actually had better results and the same amount of forgiveness.

I think that was a big part of why there wasn’t much talk about the standard…it was much more punishing than the SIM Max and SIM2 Max, which was disappointing to me and many others I’m sure.

Edited by BallerNate

WITB on WRX

• Like 1

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 8*, 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

It only took me 3-4 shots with this Plus 3wd to know I wanted one. Its just so solid and has a great feel. Looks pretty darn good too. I got along well with the weight in the middle for a very limited sample size…maybe 10-12 balls i hit with it. I ll experiment more with it once I get one n the season starts. Like the review above it seems like one hell of a golf club. 

• Like 1

Anyone mess with the rear weight on the plus? Anyway to add some weight under the stock weight? What is under it? Will be a bit before Billy Bobs has weights for these. Might have to hotmelt instead to get some more weight in the head….. not that I have one yet..

TM Stealth2+ 10.5 Diamana T+ 60s

TM Stealth2 15* TM Ventus TR 6-S 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

13 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

Anyone mess with the rear weight on the plus? Anyway to add some weight under the stock weight? What is under it? Will be a bit before Billy Bobs has weights for these. Might have to hotmelt instead to get some more weight in the head….. not that I have one yet..

I took the rear weight off to try and put a small amount of hotmelt in.  The issue is the weight screw is now on the bottom instead of the back, which makes it near impossible to go through the back weight to put in hotmelt.  Luckily I wanted it forward and was able to go through the hosel area. 

• Thanks 1

Stealth 2 9* w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM 3 wood w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM UDI

P790 4 iron 
P770 5-PW
Hi Toe 3 50/54/58
SC Phantom 11.5
TP5X 

16 hours ago, BirdieBob said:

Looks amazing!! My favourite 3W ever was the SIM2 Ti, and hoped the Stealth Plus would be even better, but just wasn't a great fit for me. Found it too fade biased and low spin, and couldn't get it dialed in.

This one looks like it will be super versatile with so many adjustability options though, so this will probably find it's way into my bag and many others eventually. I've got a Cally Apex UW 17* in there instead of a 3W which has shown some good early results though, so won't be easy to beat out.

WITB on WRX

On 1/13/2023 at 11:49 AM, taylorx300 said:

Quick heads up for Stealth vs Stealth 2 drivers. The heads differ if hosel length again, which also happened with 16 and 17 M series.

If you have a shaft you play, and move it for last years head to this years head, it will play longer.

see pics

7169EFA3-4169-4FCC-A712-D1967E2463C8.jpeg

18B9C9D6-B368-423C-8CA5-C66D85C3A137.jpeg

06211F48-1FC4-41F8-97F2-B0C3E37A340A.jpeg

981BEA77-287B-4A2E-83A5-3099227B3865.jpeg

517846CB-752A-4545-8CE9-18729EA9E725.jpeg

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing. Can I ask what your tip to grip shaft measurement is to achieve 45.25 in the Stealth? 

I guess the flatter lie and is making the S2 a taste longer. 

TM Stealth2+ 10.5 Diamana T+ 60s

TM Stealth2 15* TM Ventus TR 6-S 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Still no one that’s hit the standard Stealth 2 that could compare it to the standard Stealth or SIM2 Max so far?

WITB on WRX