2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

APPLY NOW: Fujikura VENTUS TR Black and Red Shafts! 4 Testers Needed!

1. City, State? Jacksonville, FL

2. Handicap? 14
3. Current driver setup? Ping G425 Max 9.5* ventus black 6S
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Red TR 6S
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I love my ventus black, but like to test out the Red profile.
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely 

1. City, State? Bend, OR

2. Handicap? 8
3. Current driver setup? Stealth plus 8°, 63g HZRDUS Yellow hand-crafted 6.5, green MCC+4 grip with an extra wrap
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? TR Black X-stiff
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Never have used a Ventus shaft before and want to see how it compares to my HZRDUS!!
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Definitely!!

1. City, State? Lake Charles, La.

2. Handicap? 12.5
3. Current driver setup? Stealth + 9* with Ventus Blue 5R
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? I would love to test a Red TR 6R shaft in my Stealth + 3wd
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Big fan of the Ventus line and I love the red in my 3 wd
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes Sir I am, thank you so much

St. John’s, NL, Canada

Callaway Mavrik Sub-Zero 9.5 Project X EvenFlow 5.5 Neutral Setting.

Ventus Red 6 R.

I have been curious about Fujikura for a while.  Have not had the opportunity to use many of their products over the years.  It would be great to have the chance to change that and get a real feel for what they offer.

I would really enjoy the chance to be able to review and write about this kind of experience.  I feel that with a big amount of Range time and some appropriate playing time I will have information and opinions that should be helpful.

Edited by strikurjim
Wrong shaft entered

[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Nike Vapor Fly Mitsu Tensei Blue 50 S[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Nike Covert Tour 15* Mitsu Kuro Kage Silver 60 S[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 913 18* MItsu Diamana Blue R[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Mizuno MP-64 3-PW Project X 5.5[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Mizuno T-4 50* T-4 54* DG Spinner[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Nike VR Pro x3x 58* DG [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]TM Rosa Maranello[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]TM TP '15 Ball[/font][/size]

1. Hopkinton, MA

2.  3.5 Handicap index
3. Current driver is a Callaway Mavrik SZ, Adila Rogue Silver 130 MSI 70 TS 45 inch length, zcord grip
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test?  Black TR 70 X, and 60X  
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Would like to compare ball flight and spin characteristics, as well as dispersion with my mevo plus launch monitor, current shaft not working for me
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes, happy to provide comparisons and launch monitor data as I have the pro package mevo plus and will proceed screen shots from this tool as well.

City, State? Edwardsville Illinois 

2. Handicap? 3.7
3. Current driver setup? Sim Max 9* Ventus Blue 6S
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Red 6S
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? See how the red TR effect ball flight
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? You bet. Thanks 

1.  Lebanon, MO

2. Handicap 8
3. Ping G425 Max 9* with Ventus Velocore Blue -R 
4. Ventus TR Red 5-S 
5.  I really like the Blue 6-R so I would be interested in comparing it to the Red 5-S
6.  Yes, absolutely.  

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° with UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 Wood 14.5° with Ventus Velocore Blue-6R

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG 0311 Gen 3 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 57°

SC Phantom X 11.5  putter

1. City, State? Washington, DC

2. Handicap? 7
3. Current driver setup? Taylormade SIM2 Ventus Black 7X
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Black TR 7X
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I've had really good experiences with the Black (driver), Blue (fairway) and Blue TR  currently in my fairway wood.  I'd like to see how the Black TR works for the driver, if its the same improvement I experienced with the Blue -> Blue TR in my fairway wood this will be a winner!
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely, would be able to share a review, pics in the real world and comparison on a launch monitor.

Taylormade Qi10 9* Ventus TR Black 7X
Taylormade Qi10 Tour 15* Ventus TR Blue 8X

Titleist TSR3 18* Ventus Blue+ 9X

Mizuno Pro 245 4-5 Project X 6.0

Mizuno Pro 243 6-PW Project X 6.0
Taylormade MG4 50.09 Project X 6.0

Taylormade MG4 TW 55.11 Project X 6.0

Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Raw 60.10 Project X 6.0

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5+/Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

1. City, State? lees summit, MO

2. Handicap? 1-2.5
3. Current driver setup? Ping G410 LST with Ventus velocore Red 6x
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? TR Red 6x tipped 3/8"
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I love the Ventus line, I've owned 2 blues, 2 blacks and current playing the red in my driver and 3 wood.  Naturally I'd LOVE to try the new TR Red.
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Oh yes, very detailed with good comparison from the original line (I still own the black and use it as a backup)

How To Apply
1. City, State? Cranston, RI

2. Handicap? 7.9
3. Current driver setup? Lefty Cobra LTDx 9* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6S
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Red 5S
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I hit my Blue HZRDUS a little too low, and wonder if the lighter Red 5S would be a better fit and feel. 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? YES!

Cobra Aerojet 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 5S

Callaway Paradym 3 Wood 15* Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 Silver 70S

Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 3H 18* and 4H 21* Aerotech Steelfiber FC 75S

Callaway Paradym 5 Hybrid  24* Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 Silver 75S

Callaway Apex CF19 Forged 6-AW-SW  Recoil 95S

Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 58/10 Mid TT DG Spinner

Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One CH

1. City, State? Louisville, KY

2. Handicap? +0.2
3. Current driver setup? Titleist TSI3 w/ Ventus TR Blue 70S
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Black 70S
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Blue vs Black TR will be a consideration that many low handicap/high spin/medium transition players will need to make. I'd like to pay particular attention to performance on off-center hits to evaluate differences in ball-flight and spin characteristics between the two models.
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? yes

1. City, State?  Peachtree City, GA

2. Handicap?  7
3. Current driver setup?  Ping G400 Max 10.5 / Alta CB 55 stiff
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test?  Black / 6S
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts?  Seems like a great shaft and the ventus line is awesome. 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Yes. 

1. Jasper, GA

2. Handicap? +1.2
3. Callaway Subzero Mavrik 10.5 Graphite Deaign AD TP 6X
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Ventus Red TR 6X 
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I want to compare the launch characteristics between the original Ventus and the TR line and hopefully see improvement in launch angle and ball speed. 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely 

Ping G425 Max Ventus TR Black 6X
Ping G425 16* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Ping G425 19* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro 85 X
Srixon ZX7 with Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX
Callaway Jaws Raw 50/55/60 MMT 125 TX

Bettinardi 8.0 Proto LAGP 

On 8/4/2022 at 9:19 AM, GolfWRX_Official said:

1780479373_FUJIVENTUSTRBLACKREDTESTING.png.4fe04744ef42c9bf533d6638356108c1.png

GolfWRX has teamed up with Fujikura for an extremely exciting testing opportunity for our members! We are looking for 4 of our members to test out and review Fujikura's Ventus TR Black and Red shafts, which just released today. The extended VENTUS TR line now features three launch profiles (mid-high, mid, and low) that are  designed specifically to stiffen torque in the section of the shaft where golfers need it most, leading to increased stability and consistency.  Each VENTUS TR profile provides similar feel to its original VENTUS counterpart, but with enhanced stiffness and reduced launch and spin. 

About Fujikura VENTUS TR Black (Low Launch/Low Spin)
The stiffest VENTUS profile to date. As a shaft designed for players with a rapid transition, spread tow fabric reinforces the mid/handle section even further from original VENTUS Black, holding up to even the most aggressive moves to the golf ball. 

About Fujikura VENTUS TR Red (Mid-High Launch/Mid-Low Spin)

The softest tip section of the TR line-up is ideal for players seeking a mid-high launch profile with controlled spin and increased stability.

Learn more about Fujikura VENTUS TR shafts here.

Find your nearest authorized Fujikura dealer here.

How To Apply
1. City, State?

2. Handicap?
3. Current driver setup?
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? 
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts?
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?

That's it. GolfWRX and @Fujikura Golf will select the testers in about two weeks. This is for good-standing members in the USA only.

1128585171_ScreenShot2022-08-04at3_54_58PM.png.0b7f346e10cbf998ba9a46cbc12ad912.png

1. Topeka KS

2. 6.6

3. Ping 425 HZRDUS black stiff

4. Black stiff

5. Looking for a little lower launch and a bit more control.

6. Would love to do a full write up and contribute.

1. City, State- Fort Worth TX

2. Handicap- +3
3. Current driver setup-Ping G410lst ventus blue 6x tipped 1.5 inches plays 44.25 inches
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test-Black 5x
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts-the current setup has been great but tipping was an issue. Would love to give this a try
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates-absolutely!!

1. City, State? Ringoes, NJ

2. Handicap? 7
3. Current driver setup? Stealth plus 9° w/ventus black 6x
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Ventus Black tr 6x
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I have all ventus shafts in my woods so would love the opportunity to test out the newest line! 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely! It would be an honor. 

Curious as to who gets their name called with these shafts! 🤔  I have a feeling they are going to be very popular 

Driver: Titleist TSR3 UST Mamiya Prototype  

Fairways: Titleist TS2 13.5* UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue

Utility: Titleist U500 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue HB

Irons:  T350 4 & 5, T200 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges: Vokey SM9 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Proto 

Ball: ProV1 Left Dot

How To Apply
1. The Woodlands, TX

2. Handicap Index = 7.8
3. Ventus Velocore Red 5 trimmed, Titleist TSi2 10 degree with Surefit set at C1, Golfpride MCC Plus4 grip 
4. Would like to test VENTUS TR shaft  Red with R+ flex 
5. Want to test Fujikura's new TR for my driver and/or 12 degree Orlimar Plus 2W (? better than my Fuji Speeder 652 EX Tour?) 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  SURE

1. City, State?

Peachtree City, GA

2. Handicap?

3. Current driver setup?

Titleist 915 D4 w/Diamana TB 60TX
Ventus TR Red X/TX

I’ve always been a Diamana guy, but always been intrigued by the Ventus 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?

Absolutely

Titleist 915 D4 9.5 Diamana TB 65TX
Titleist 915 F 16.5 Tensei Pro Blue 75TX
Titleist 915 Hd 23.5 MMT Hybrid 85TX
Titleist 716 T-MB 5, 716 CB 6-7, 716 MB 8-9 True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X-100
Titleist Vokey SM5 F 46.08 True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S-400
Titleist Vokey SM5 F 50.08 True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S-400
Titleist Vokey TVD M 54.10 True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S-400
Titleist Vokey TVD K 58.10 True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S-400

Titleist Vokey SM7 M 62.08 True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S-400
Scotty Cameron 009 Prototype in Charcoal Mist

1. City, State: Charlotte, NC

2. Handicap: 9
3. Current driver setup: PING G425 LST w/ Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.3 stiff
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Black Stiff
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts: I would like to compare against not only my main shaft as well as with Oban, I do plan on purchasing a Ventus shaft. I think this would be an excellent opportunity. 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates: 100%, I would certainly appreciate the opportunity and contribute to this great community. 

Edited by Omi7000

1. City, State? Prosper, TX

2. Handicap? +3
3. Current driver setup? Titleist TSI 3, 8.0 with the Atmos Black 6TX
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test?  The Black 6TX, if possible.  I'm willing to try them all out.
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts?  I hit one the other day for the first time and it blew me away!  Would love to see what these can do.
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Absolutely!

1. City, State? Greenville, Ohio

2. Handicap? 5.7
3. Current driver setup? Taylormade Stealth Plus 9* with Fuji Ventus 6X black
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Black
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Because the prior generation is amazing
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Sure will

1. Fish Creek, WI

2. 2.8
3. 9˚ TM Stealth + and a Ventus Black 7TX
4. VENTUS TR Black 7TX
5. Would love to compare the newest generation vs the tried and true. Can the improved feel handle the speed without feeling loose?
6. YES! Have a swing studio with launch monitor and tech to log data and analyze.   

Edited by PFT-Mark

Taylormade Stealth 2+ Driver Ventus TR Black

Taylormade Stealth+ 5W Ventus Black

Titleist TSi3 2i Hybrid Ventus Black HB

Titleist Titleist T200 3i & 4i Ventus Black HB

Mizuno MP-20 HMB 5-7i KBS $Taper

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 8-9i KBS $Taper

Vokey Wedges 58˚-52˚-46˚ KBS $Taper/CTaper

Scotty Cameron Special Select JET NP LA Golf TPZ

1. City, State? Bismarck, ND

2. Handicap? 1.5
3. Current driver setup? Callaway Rogue ST Max LS with stock Ventus Blue 6x
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Ventus TR Black 6
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I'm enjoying the stock shaft and want to see if the TR lives up to the hype. 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? You bet!

1. City, State? Warren, NJ

2. Handicap? 4.8
3. Current driver setup? Gen 4 PXG 0311XT 9* with Diamana Limited+ 60X
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test?  Black 6X
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Heard lots of good things on Ventus lineup
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Most definitely

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

1. City, State? Annandale, VA

2. Handicap? 2.8
3. Current driver setup? Callaway Epic Speed 9.0, Accra Tour Z RPG 50S
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Ventus TR Red 5S
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Was fit into prior-gen Ventus Blue
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Full of golf-word-salad and ready to give all the photos and updates required.

1. City, State?

Victoria, TX

2. Handicap? 

+0.6      

3. Current driver setup?

Ping G400 LST 8.5 (playing 9* little +), Ping Tour 75X (Standard Length)

Ventus TR Red 6S should be a better fit for my game. I play a lower ball flight with my driver that I would like to be able to bring up while keeping spin manageable. I have tried “high launch” shafts before but have not gotten along with the profile. The Ventus TR Red sounds on paper like it would be a great fit for me and I was fit for the original Ventus Red a year or so ago but couldn’t pull the trigger at the time. The UST Ping Tour I play now is a very soft X, so I think in most shafts I will be a better fit in an S flex. I play Project X 6.0 in my irons and wedges, and Hzrdus Black 75 6.0 in my 4 wood.

I have been intriqued by the Ventus shaft line and was fit at one time into the Ventus Red (in a Ping G410 driver). I think that the profile of the TR Red would fit myswing well. I currently swing the driver at 103-105mph but have The Stack System on order to try and gain some distance this offseason.

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high-quality photos, and future updates?

Absolutely! I am already a published author, so I am definitely able to handle some update posts. I have good photo equipment and am a member of a club with excellent range facilities.  I think I would be able to create good, informative content with my review.

Ping G430 LST (10.5*) / Ventus Red 6X

Ping G430 Max (15*) / Ventus Red 7X

Srixon Z785 4-PW Accra 115i Green

Ping Glide 2.0 46* SS / 52* SS 58* TS Accra 120i Wedge

Wilson Infinite North Side

Titleist Pro V1X

On 8/8/2022 at 9:04 AM, GolfWRX_Official said:

APPLY NOW!

1.  La Quinta, CA

2.  3.6
3.  Ping G400, Ping Tour S
4.  Red 6S or 7S
5. What caught my eye when reading the article,  the new weave of the TR which reduces twisting/torquing and drooping during the swing.  I currently feel that twisting of the shaft,  resulting in many low heel contact in my current driver setup. I have not yet hit a Ventus shaft, but see that it has been widely accepted and played on all tours. 
6.  Yes, I will do an extensive review with pictures on all aspects from receiving to in-play performance.

Edited by Desert Player

Driver:  Ping G400 LST, 9*, Aldila X-Torsion S, 60g / Ping Tour 173-65g S

3WD:  TM M3, 15*,  UST AVIX core, TS Green, 79g / Tour Edge Exoctics Ti-Cup face,15*, Arthur Excalibur TFW, TS

Hybrid:   Titleist 585H, 19*, Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8, X, 80g

Irons:  Titleist CB 714, 4-PW,  DG s300, +1/2”, 2*up

Wedges:  Ping Glide Gorge 50*SS;  Wilson Top-NOTCH Gooseneck 56*; Nike SV 60/10*

Putter:  Odyssey, White Ice 2; SC Newport 2.5; Wilson ‘Designed By’ 8802 (circa 1960’s