Nike Footwear 2023 (Unofficial Thread) (***NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS***)

For me the ZIT NEXT % is the most comfy Nike shoe to date.  

the roche, at least for a size 13 was oddly pointed toe and felt too small or too large for sizing. Never found a good fit.  The ZIT % in wide (even tho I don’t wear wide shoes) is perfect fit for me. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

22 minutes ago, Minarets said:

the roche, at least for a size 13 was oddly pointed toe and felt too small or too large for sizing. Never found a good fit.  The ZIT % in wide (even tho I don’t wear wide shoes) is perfect fit for me. 

I agree, I have stopped wearing any Nike spikeless recently as my legs feel really tired after a round, so I've been wearing my white and pink/blue next% every round for the last few weeks, even when the ground is hard they are still mega comfy, and no more sore legs after a round.

And I've only had to rinse them with warm water every other round to keep them looking good too, no yellowing of the toebox yet.

that said I recently scored some TW14s which are now a close contender, even though compared to the next%, they're almost an identical fit, only the toebox seems like its 1/2 size too big, they are still mega comfy and locked in, pity about the creasing.

• Like 1

Driver - TM Stealth HD (10.5) Ventus Red TR 5S

3 Wood - TM Stealth Plus Rocket (14.0) Tensei AV Limited Blue 75
5 Wood - TM Sim Ti (17.0) Ventus Blue 6S

3 Hybrid - TM Stealth 2 Plus (20.0) KBS PGI 85

4 Hybrid - TM Stealth Plus (23.0) KBS PGI 90

Irons - TM P770 5-PW KBS Tour 120

Wedges - MG3 50.09SB 54.11SB

Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5

On 6/23/2023 at 2:51 PM, Drwoods2017 said:

I won't stand for this roshe tour slander.  It gave us some of the best major pack colorways ever. As well as being an affordable high quality golf shoes.  It sounds to be like a lot of people never tried it on or wore it but just didn't like the regular street shoe version.  Those are 2 completely different things. It might have been a mid tier shoe but its a lot better than what nike is making today.

The street shoe version was amazing. At the time, I’d say it was one of the most popular non-signature model sneaker. The hate from the other poster seems out of nowhere. They were so comfortable and perfect for the summer. Honestly would take an $80 pair of Roshes over a $250 pair of Yeezys. 

On 6/23/2023 at 8:14 AM, DoubleBogeyPapi said:

For those of you guys hating on the Roshe Tour, what's your shoe of choice then? It's not in my top 3 but definitely not bottom 3. I'd say it's a mid to high-tier show on my list. I don't think all the hate it's getting is deserved lol. Especially looking at how many people on tour played in it. I'm pretty sure Rory too before the Victory Tours. It's a clean silhouette with a quality leather look. Whenever I saw Fleetwood wearing the white ones, I believe it made me want to get a pair. I have them in black so I wear them on rounds I'm wearing pants at nicer courses. 

I don't hate them. I snagged a pair of them cheap from Ross during the shoe boom last year and found them to be pretty mid for all the love and praise they get around here. Not notably comfortable, and they look kind of...fine. That's all, it's just weird how much adoration they get for how basic they are. They're not even leather, it's like pleather - the worst of both worlds.

To answer your question, my favorite nike shoes currently: Next%, TW13 and Victory Tour 3. All are super comfortable and cover the gamut of athletic style and slightly more traditional style.

That being said, Nike is definitely lagging behind some other brands when it comes to comfortable, functional golf shoes. For walking I love my Ultraboost golf shoes and my UA Charged Phantoms. I also really like Asics Gel, GFore and True Linkswear - all of which are way more comfortable than most Nike golf shoes for me. Definitely moreso than any Roshe.

Edited by chocolate_rehab

Titleist TSR4 // Autoflex SF505

Callaway AI Smoke Max // Tour AD IZ 55

Ping G430 3H, 4H, 5H // Tour AD IZ 65

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM10 52.08, 56.10 // Steelfiber i90PR

Edel Columbia

Just came across this Nike Air Max 1 Golf design. It is thought this might be the official The Open drop, as it is played at Royal Liverpool. Liverpool being the birthplace of The Beatles, this could be a logical design choice. 

IMG_2316.webp

IMG_2317.png

• Like 2

Taylormade Stealth 9o - Even Flow Riptide CB 6.0 S

Srixon ZU65 17o 2i - Miyazaki Tour Issue

Ping G410 22o 4h - Fujikura Pro 2.0 7S

Mizuno MP4 4-PW - KBS C-Taper Lite S

Vokey SM8 50-56-60

Scotty Cameron GOLO S

2 hours ago, SDG90 said:

Just came across this Nike Air Max 1 Golf design. It is thought this might be the official The Open drop, as it is played at Royal Liverpool. Liverpool being the birthplace of The Beatles, this could be a logical design choice. 

IMG_2316.webp

IMG_2317.png

It's been post a while back.  Yeah, this is The Open design for Nike.  Technically not "official" seeing that Nike doesn't sponsor any of the majors.

That patterned mud guard is probably all plastic and these will likely be just as uncomfortable as other AM1 Big Bubbles, but must buy for me.  I'll wear them on cart days.

21 hours ago, chocolate_rehab said:

I don't hate them. I snagged a pair of them cheap from Ross during the shoe boom last year and found them to be pretty mid for all the love and praise they get around here. Not notably comfortable, and they look kind of...fine. That's all, it's just weird how much adoration they get for how basic they are. They're not even leather, it's like pleather - the worst of both worlds.

To answer your question, my favorite nike shoes currently: Next%, TW13 and Victory Tour 3. All are super comfortable and cover the gamut of athletic style and slightly more traditional style.

That being said, Nike is definitely lagging behind some other brands when it comes to comfortable, functional golf shoes. For walking I love my Ultraboost golf shoes and my UA Charged Phantoms. I also really like Asics Gel, GFore and True Linkswear - all of which are way more comfortable than most Nike golf shoes for me. Definitely moreso than any Roshe.

Are the zvt3 comfortable enough to walk in?  I walk all my rounds and have a weird thing with Achilles blisters

TM 2024 BRNR Mini 11.5 Kai'li

TM Stealth plus 3 wood 15 degree, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Sim2 TI 5 wood, 18 degree 

Callaway UW '21, 21 degree

T100 2023, 4-pw, fujikura axiom 125x

Vokey SM10 50(f), 55(s), 60(m)

Odyssey White Hot OG 1 Wide, KBS graphite putter shaft

On 6/24/2023 at 5:58 PM, chocolate_rehab said:

That being said, Nike is definitely lagging behind some other brands when it comes to comfortable, functional golf shoes.

They are just focusing on making "cool" designs for their PE drops at these majors and sole swapping. Most of which are really ugly imo. They don't make shoes with the golfer in mind anymore aside from only the ZIT, VT, and I guess maybe the TW but we haven't seen a new one in forever. 

• Like 2

Driver: Nike VRS Covert

Woods: Nike VRS Covert 3 Wood, Nike SQ Machspeed 7 Wood

Irons: Maltby STI-2 4-9

Wedges: Miura 46º Nike VR Forged 52°, 56°, 60°

Putter: Maltby PTM-5

Ball: Kirkland Signature

3 hours ago, Pvgolf23 said:

Boy, let’s take old sneakers and make them golf shoes.  That’s creative. 

It was one thing to get out of the equipment/hard goods business in golf but to claim they were going to focus on apparel in footwear is the biggest lie they've told. The footwear has been getting gradually less and less innovative/functional outside of the ZIT NXT% and VT3 I guess. They haven't made a new TW shoe since the TW20 and he himself has opted to wear Footjoy. I am not expecting them to reinvent the wheel or anything drastic but actually make quality comfortable golf shoes that cater to the needs of golfers like they used to. 

Nowadays they just throw a G after their popular sneaker model, swap the sole, and call it a day.

They are not catering to the serious golfers they are catering to the sneakerheads/casuals. For any serious golfers who demand performance and quality shoes outside of the old TW model, VT3, and ZIT NXT% there are really no other options, not saying these are bad just that we are limited. 

Now I know bitching on here does nothing I just have to voice my frustration, I am tired of seeing these PE's pop up every major that look hideous and would rather see a new TW model or some of the Lunar React Vapors coming back. RIP Nike Golf

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 6/23/2023 at 5:39 PM, Minarets said:

I love the ZIT, the only negative I have, is that I get a squeaky air bubble after playing in the rain or with moisture in the ground. Not sure if the bubble is popped or what, I am hoping for a new version next year now that the LIV stuff is cooling down, make Nike will make Brooks a new pair of shoes, he won that major, some think thats important to win those. lol  

Titleist tsi3 Diamana tb 60 s pured 

Exotics 3w, Hybrids, most underrated woods around 

Ping i210 w/ Nippons

Cleveland RTX Tour Rack Wedges

Odyssey Tri Hot 5k 

Just now, Snoopy said:

I love the ZIT, the only negative I have, is that I get a squeaky air bubble after playing in the rain or with moisture in the ground. Not sure if the bubble is popped or what, I am hoping for a new version next year now that the LIV stuff is cooling down, make Nike will make Brooks a new pair of shoes, he won that major, some think thats important to win those. lol  

The bubble likely isn't popped.  The flaw with the ZIT Next% is the rigid sole slightly separates from the cushioning above it and air/water gets in there and makes the squeaky sound.  It happened on my pair of ZIT shoes.  I love the ZIT Next% shoes from a comfort standpoint, but they aren't incredibly durable/well-made and I've slipped a few times in barely damp conditions.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

1 minute ago, dwboston said:

The bubble likely isn't popped.  The flaw with the ZIT Next% is the rigid sole slightly separates from the cushioning above it and air/water gets in there and makes the squeaky sound.  It happened on my pair of ZIT shoes.  I love the ZIT Next% shoes from a comfort standpoint, but they aren't incredibly durable/well-made and I've slipped a few times in barely damp conditions.

I have moved on to the zoom victory tour 2s. They are so cheap and a very solid shoe. They look like they are not going to be comfy, but they are great for walking. I have found 3 pairs for less than 100. The white and black, the green and white and the blue and white. 

The ZIT are very comfy as well, I like the ankle collar better on the ZIT, but the sole and spikes on the Victory Tours are great. 

Titleist tsi3 Diamana tb 60 s pured 

Exotics 3w, Hybrids, most underrated woods around 

Ping i210 w/ Nippons

Cleveland RTX Tour Rack Wedges

Odyssey Tri Hot 5k 

3 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

I have moved on to the zoom victory tour 2s. They are so cheap and a very solid shoe. They look like they are not going to be comfy, but they are great for walking. I have found 3 pairs for less than 100. The white and black, the green and white and the blue and white. 

The ZIT are very comfy as well, I like the ankle collar better on the ZIT, but the sole and spikes on the Victory Tours are great. 

VT2 is really comfortable.  The issue with the VT2 is the upper cushioned part of the heel tends to split and reveal the rubber underneath.  I had a few pairs replaced/refunded for that.  The VT3 appears to solve that by redesigning that part of the heel.  The VT2 is a great shoe for the current price.

Edited by dwboston

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

18 hours ago, JLP_GOLF said:

Are the zvt3 comfortable enough to walk in?  I walk all my rounds and have a weird thing with Achilles blisters

Yes, I walked in mine right out of the box (I like to live dangerously) and it was no problem. I never had achilles trouble, so YMMV, but I found the VT3 to be pretty comfortable. I think I prefer Next% for walking a smidge more though.

Titleist TSR4 // Autoflex SF505

Callaway AI Smoke Max // Tour AD IZ 55

Ping G430 3H, 4H, 5H // Tour AD IZ 65

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM10 52.08, 56.10 // Steelfiber i90PR

Edel Columbia

8 hours ago, syders said:

IMG_6168.jpeg

IMG_6167.jpeg

IMG_6166.jpeg

Is anyone wearing these? I haven't seen them much on here or on Reddit. I like the look of them for a spikeless option. 

23 hours ago, DoubleBogeyPapi said:

Is anyone wearing these? I haven't seen them much on here or on Reddit. I like the look of them for a spikeless option. 

Arent they womens?

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / SPDRL-NCK+ CT 120

I recently bought some TW14 and TW15, but they didn't come with any insoles - I put some old LC3 insoles in the TW14 and they're really comfy, and some air max 90 insoles, which aren't the best but they're the only spare ones I had, in the TW15 and I guess they do the job. 

But, just wondering how good or bad the original TW insoles were in the shoes and if there are any off-market ones that would be very similar. at the moment the 14s are the best golf shoes I've ever worn, the 15s would be a close 2nd if they were a little bit more comfier.

Driver - TM Stealth HD (10.5) Ventus Red TR 5S

3 Wood - TM Stealth Plus Rocket (14.0) Tensei AV Limited Blue 75
5 Wood - TM Sim Ti (17.0) Ventus Blue 6S

3 Hybrid - TM Stealth 2 Plus (20.0) KBS PGI 85

4 Hybrid - TM Stealth Plus (23.0) KBS PGI 90

Irons - TM P770 5-PW KBS Tour 120

Wedges - MG3 50.09SB 54.11SB

Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5