2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Colorado WRX 2023

pseudoswede

8 hours ago, Dancin said:

The majority of Coore-Crenshaw courses tend to be that way for me. A few are great all the way through but a bunch of their courses have some real boring holes and in general seem more subued and don't have the fireworks that Doak's courses have. Are you hitting Ocean Dunes or Cape Wickham on King Island?

Limited time so it was either New Zealand or King Island.   It was a tough choice for sure.  Could spend a month plus in the area just golfing

Wow. Less than four weeks until our first FRGC event, and we already hit 40 players (they were able to open one more foursome due to demand). Highland Meadows the following weekend has 38 out of 40 spots filled.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

3 hours ago, pseudoswede said:

Wow. Less than four weeks until our first FRGC event, and we already hit 40 players (they were able to open one more foursome due to demand). Highland Meadows the following weekend has 38 out of 40 spots filled.

Golf just seems to be busier every year! More and more demand

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

5 hours ago, Dancin said:

Why would I be offended from sharing pictures? The only thing that offends me is I'm playing you in 3 weeks and you haven't posted any of your scores.

From the reporting, it seems the only thing posting is going to do is make his handicap go up! 

1 hour ago, TheKrushh said:

Golf just seems to be busier every year! More and more demand

I should've noted that our largest outing last season was 24 players (I think we hit 30-32 a few times the season before). Most weeks, we had to give back tee times due to low signups. Crazy.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, deadsolid...shank said:

What day is the Highland Meadows one?

Sunday, May 7.

• Like 1

Peninsula Kingswood:

WHAT A CLUB....!!!! 

I have never been to a place as soon as you drive into the property it hits you right in the face.  Incredible place.  The entire place was planned so well.

They have 2 courses. It was two different clubs and they joined them roughly 10 years ago.  Between the two they had a decent amount of land they could sell off and got more then expected and invested $100 Milion AUD ($60 Mil USD) in the redo both courses, a massive club house and every type of amenity you could want.  *Debt free too now

Out host (Peter) was incredible. Fantastic person, great player and great trash talker..!  So much fun to be around besides golf.  We got there at 11:30am and left at 8:30pm.  drinks, played, drinks, food and more drinks.  😂

Every member was nice and wanted to BS about golf in the states and how it compares   Should note when I mention members they have 2000 members..! 

The course was just a good layout. The conditions make it look like we are playing on goat farms, tee to green was a smooth and tight as our greens are in Denver...!  Speaking of greens the are using the exact same grass that Augusta uses..!  They went over Augusta and were able to see it. The climate is about so they checked.  They tested a temp green while redoing both courses and works prefect her and it is F'N AMAZING to putt on.   

We played the north course.  They actually put us in some event/tourney they had going  but we played our own ball and did a 2 v 2 match play best ball with the member.  We keep score and by far was everyones best round...big part to scoring was the member giving amazing direction after only 3 holes of watching all of us hit.     The one issue is PK is not in the GHIN system?  Thought that was a bit odd.

We saw a young player locally here at PK..... HOLY CRAP  David (will get his last name) and he played in the event and shot 7 under.  Two weeks ago in a event between the 2 courses he shot 21 under (11 and 10 under)...!!!. Was amazing watching him hit.  His HDCP here is  - 7.17 on there sysem.   A plus 7 HDCP....!  Crazy

IF you are ever able to come here to vitst or play, PK is a MUST PLAY....!  Try and do all day and both courses  if you can..   

*Side note, a nymber of members gave me there info and said "If any of your mates are coming over you hit us up, we will host them"    So we did not offend them at least  😃 

Edit: Also the bunkering here is sooooo cool how it is infinity edges

20230406_165416.jpg

20230406_152730.jpg

20230406_163017.jpg

20230406_114124.jpg

Edited by CDM
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, CDM said:

The one issue is PK is not in the GHIN system?  Thought that was a bit odd.

@CDM  WRONG - search on Peninsula Country GC and the north and south courses are in ghin  (also if you ever find one that isn't in the system but they have a rating, you can enter it manually)

Nice try vanity man. Course looks awesome. I love the bunkering around greens on most Melbourne courses where the greens have little collar or edge and just run into the bunker. San Diego CC is a little similar to that in the US.

Edited by Dancin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dancin said:

@CDM  WRONG - search on Peninsula Country GC and the north and south courses are in ghin  (also if you ever find one that isn't in the system but they have a rating, you can enter it manually)

Nice try vanity man. Course looks awesome. I love the bunkering around greens on most Melbourne courses where the greens have little collar or edge and just run into the bunker. San Diego CC is a little similar to that in the US.

I want Brett has a partner, dude knows how to GAME the system. I've heard a lot of excuses but can't look up the course properly is a new one! 

More seriously, that course looks absolutely filthy. Side note: are all Australians really good at golf? Seems like everyone I run across is amazing. I had a guy at HR who quit for like 10 years to try play tennis. In 1 year he went from shooting mid 80's to being a +4-5 winning our member member with 64-65. Then got bored and quit again.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Dancin said:

HAHAHAHA Paul and I are starting to really worry about your affixation on ofthers HDCP's.  

The name is Peninsula Kingswood County GC and that is what we typed... also Paul says suck it you "sandbagger" 🤣

I was 10 over (82) and from the blue tees 10 over lists at 8.8 HDCP which is dead on.     

Edited by CDM
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, TheKrushh said:

I want Brett has a partner, dude knows how to GAME the system. I've heard a lot of excuses but can't look up the course properly is a new one! 

More seriously, that course looks absolutely filthy. Side note: are all Australians really good at golf? Seems like everyone I run across is amazing. I had a guy at HR who quit for like 10 years to try play tennis. In 1 year he went from shooting mid 80's to being a +4-5 winning our member member with 64-65. Then got bored and quit again.

Whatever gets @Dancin going ... LOL   I guess we justed needed to pick a different name then the name listed on score card 😃

* It is pretty cool they print a score card with you name every time you play.   

Good question about players here. 

Everyone we have played with is around 7-8 HDCP and most played to it but two things we noticed:  

Watching the players on the range you would think most are low single digit playes. Everyone here hits the ball high.  Really high.   Driver down.  Other then the member at Royal Auckland who hit it 300+ pertty much every time most have been the same length as us. *at least who we played with or hung around.  More roll for us and carry for them. 

Second and surprising is most seemed to lack in short game?  Chipping and putting mainly, sand game they all do pretty well.  Maybe just a fluke with who we have played with but they are good ball strikers but chipping and putting was not what I would expect.  

I would say the ones we have played with if they actually practiced short game / putting they would be really low HDCP's I bet. 

Edited by CDM
  • Like 1

Royal Melbourne (Composite Course):

Can not be explained...! 16 holes of holly crap amazing and 2 holes that felt just "okay" but only because the others are that incredible.

Paul  said it best while playing RM......  "Man your and idiot and took a huge risk bringing us to this place" LOL   

It just has that "feel" when you walk through the club house, see all the history and how it is.  Then  go play.  The term "proper" country club comes to mind.  *yes good and bad depending on how you look at it.  

To me I am not sure it has sank in yet but just how lucky we got playing the composite course.  Everyone we spoke to at RM and outside said we are in "rarefied air" given the fact we are non members and more so we are international players.

I know for a fact there was only 4 of us yesterday that were non members who played the COMP course.... the 3 of us and a very nice japanesse fellow who was playing with some members and Mark Hensby (yep that Mark Hensby, such a nice guy) 

We were put out last (which we did not care) at 2:10.   So we had to hustle to get it in. Like flying as they just changed over to daylight savings and we had less then 4 hours.. 

Good news we got all 18 in...!  

The course?  It is everything you have heard / read and more. Have never seen such an amazing compulation of holes on one course (*yes they use 2 courses to do it).  The design is just incredible...!!!!!

Score..........  from Paul @Dancin   "F U" .   HAHAHAHA

We were WAY WAY WAY  outside our limits.  We played the Comp White tees which was playing 7080 yards at sea level.  Blues I think tipped out around 7400-7500 so we pretty much got to see all of it...!   They drop it from 72 to 71 par.    They take one Par 5 and make it a par 4 and it plays roughly 525-530 yards.  I got a 5 so that was par HAHAHA....!  I layed up and hit it to within 15 feet and just barely missed the putt for the 4. 

Acutally was all layed up a bunch (member too) when in doubt and I saved par 5-6 times that way

Cool thing on 18. Playing 465 / 470 roughly into the wind.  Hit a good drive then layed up to avoid the crazy 5-6 bunkers around the green that were double or triple for sure, chipped to within 4 feet and made par.  As I was dropping off the electric trolly and few members where standing around and they said "well played there for par, you avoided all the hazards". So must be the norm to hit into them.

The course is soo pure and demands your attention all the time and every shot in your  golf bag.   

I used to think PD was tough in a lot of aspects with the breeze and it can be but RM Comp course even without weather aspects is a TRUE test.  It was very humbling but pure joy at the same time. 

I could write something about every hole and it is designs its that good.  Bottom line it really is a master piece in design tee to green. 

I will say it started soft"  Par/bogey/par.. Paul was putting on 3 to go 2 under and then it came alive.  Pretty sure we stopped keeping score around hole 7 when we figured out this round was not about score but more experiencing something special...    So very very thankful the member and the club was so gracous enough to let us play.

Edit: the pictures do not do justice to how much elevation there is or slope.  

Edited by CDM
  • Like 2

On 4/3/2023 at 10:03 AM, pseudoswede said:

I'm probably booking City Park next Monday for my birthday PTO

FYI... City Park is aerating their greens on Monday. Needless to say, it's impossible to get a tee time anywhere any weekday now. I tried Denver, Aurora, South Suburban. I guess I'll work in the yard instead.

8 hours ago, pseudoswede said:

FYI... City Park is aerating their greens on Monday. Needless to say, it's impossible to get a tee time anywhere any weekday now. I tried Denver, Aurora, South Suburban. I guess I'll work in the yard instead.

it’s incredible. I took the afternoon off to play in Greeley. Could barely find a parking spot in the lot.  The tee sheet was completely booked. My wife’s office is by the other course in town and she said their parking lot was completely full. 

And the new, don’t have a clue about etiquette, started playing during Covid crew haven’t stopped playing (at least here). Five hour round on a weekday. 

• Like 1

GVR installed TrackMan, not Top Tracer.

https://www.gvrgolf.com/trackman-range

On 4/8/2023 at 12:59 PM, Dancin said:

It was 5:10 at Fox Hollow yesterday. I should have known the horrible golfer crew would be out on Easter weekend. Ranger just sitting in his cart not doing anything when one group was a hole behind. It would have been 5:30 if a few people hadn't quit after 9.

I feel like Fox Hollow often plays super slow anyway....I've had an occasional quick round there, but it usually seems to take closer to 5 hours.  Could also just be confirmation bias on my end.  

54 minutes ago, ASak10 said:

I feel like Fox Hollow often plays super slow anyway....I've had an occasional quick round there, but it usually seems to take closer to 5 hours.  Could also just be confirmation bias on my end.  

It was 4:15 when I played it in march on a weekend. Maybe the crappy golfers don't come out till April.

2 hours ago, Hardrain said:

Interesting. Where did you see this? I can't find anything. Thanks!

E-mail was sent this morning.

image.png.686ca9f014bf237a9d4871099e40a582.png

https://view.contact-client.com/Addons.mvc/Addons/ViewInBrowser?v=Yakntv7JwE9GQEzws%2bFWGO5MI%2bs9D2Iws3OVoTxMHUR0lLpfC%2bwFJ0j5P7atNW3vkRPXaDw2Pds%3d

Wow. Sunday night over Memorial Day weekend is $349, but I'm sure tee sheet is already full for Memorial Day.

Edited by pseudoswede
  • Like 2