2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)

touch

10 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Thanks for posting! Def a sweet automobile. Has some serious Nissan 370Z vibes to me looks wise. My thought is, $300K for a new Mustang??? Worth it or not, tuff pill to swallow. 

Yo, I thought you’d like that. I’m thinking it’s a big hit with ‘Muricans who have no issue dropping that kind of 💰 on a ride.  

Don’t you usually end up selling a car like that for what you bought it for or more? 

We should all chip in on LL and buy one!! 🤣

5 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

So, I get pulled over doin 96mph 😱

Was in HS coming back from watching our girls basketball 🏀 team playoff game lol

Cop be like,

Im going to write the ticket for 84mph cause otherwise I’d have to throw you in jail 🤣 🙏 

Omg that was close I would have prolly lost my license for sure!

What are you in for? 
Speeding

😂

• Haha 1

Hey DJ @chisag how about taste of your "On Air" voice from back in the day?

I'd like to hear you introduce a few old rock and roll songs from when you were a well known voice on the FM dial in Chicago. Could you post a sound check for those of us that are curious?

• Like 1

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

1 hour ago, Petethreeput said:

If a PGA teaching Professional asks for 2 strokes based on handicap, do you give it?  I think they are close enough its straight up, but I just want to have some reasons why beside the fact he is 40 yds longer than me off the tee, 9 years younger, and better looking.  @deadsolid...shank I am looking forward to this.  It is a local couples trip and the balls fell and it is us and your old GM.

Ask him if this is what marriage has brought him to, asking for strokes!

Im trying to remember, I think we usually played straight up. And like we’ve talked, he usually was on the paying end. The one thing you and I both know, if he’s asking for strokes, he must not be playing well. Because if he asks, he must need them. But I’d still negotiate him down to just one!

And color me green with envy. Miss playing with him. Have a great time and tell him hello for me if you would. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Yo, I thought you’d like that. I’m thinking it’s a big hit with ‘Muricans who have no issue dropping that kind of 💰 on a ride.  

Don’t you usually end up selling a car like that for what you bought it for or more? 

In some cases yes. Great example is the Ford GTs. I’m sure these will sell for well over sticker 

1 hour ago, deadsolid...shank said:

Ask him if this is what marriage has brought him to, asking for strokes!

Im trying to remember, I think we usually played straight up. And like we’ve talked, he usually was on the paying end. The one thing you and I both know, if he’s asking for strokes, he must not be playing well. Because if he asks, he must need them. But I’d still negotiate him down to just one!

And color me green with envy. Miss playing with him. Have a great time and tell him hello for me if you would. 

He is not playing well, but he also has his new wife with him so he is going to trying really hard.  I did text him and asked if it wouldn't be too emasculating to ask and be given strokes in front of his new wife from a guy like me.  He hasn't replied, but he did say he didn't want 2 strokes, just one a side.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, touch said:

NerveMovie's GIFs on Tenor

I say heck no. What a greedy Pro. He's scared of you. Remind him that he hits his driver well past yours. Remind him also that he has a "golf related" job title and you don't. Those two things alone should erase his need for two pops. Take him down Pete. Show that rascal that you are not to be tangled with on a golf course !  😁

Yep my exact sentiments too---- Take him down even match

• Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

1 hour ago, bscinstnct said:

Mustang buyers are fickle.  If I maybe crass.  To ask over a certain price for a mustang , it better have a big pair of stones ….and looking like a Nissan just doesn’t say that. That says small guy with a turbo.  The amount of HP doesn’t matter.  And it’s a fine line.  Take the 93-95 and 00 cobra R models.  All kinds of road course race car goodies. But they remained true to form.  You immediately knew what they were . A ford.  Ford has an issue right now with their EV crap , and some other marketing that’s alienating their base customer.  Good luck with that.  I can tell you how it ends.  The hipsters dump you in 6 months , and the core folks will swap to dodge hemi products and never come back . The truck guys will go to toyota.  And never come back.  Futuristic doesn’t cut it.  Especially whne it’s rewarmed  Japanese design cues.  

• Like 1

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

5 hours ago, Fellaheen51 said:

FCC limits AM radio stations to 50 kW max.  Depending on atmospheric conditions, stations could be picked up across a wide range at night.  South of the border stations have higher broadcast wattages.  

Back in the day that old station in Matamoras Mexico was pushing around a million watts. I have picked it up all over the USA when things were right. WBT in Charlotte NC used to advertise One Million Watts on AM. I have sat in Downtown Manhattan and picked it up as clear as if I was on North Tryon Street in Charlotte. Used to sit at my house in Charlotte and pick up WOWO Fort Wayne Indiana and WLOS in Chicago clear as a bell late night hours

3 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Mustang buyers are fickle.  If I maybe crass.  To ask over a certain price for a mustang , it better have a big pair of stones ….and looking like a Nissan just doesn’t say that. That says small guy with a turbo.  The amount of HP doesn’t matter.  And it’s a fine line.  Take the 93-95 and 00 cobra R models.  All kinds of road course race car goodies. But they remained true to form.  You immediately knew what they were . A ford.  Ford has an issue right now with their EV crap , and some other marketing that’s alienating their base customer.  Good luck with that.  I can tell you how it ends.  The hipsters dump you in 6 months , and the core folks will swap to dodge hemi products and never come back . The truck guys will go to toyota.  And never come back.  Futuristic doesn’t cut it.  Especially whne it’s rewarmed  Japanese design cues.  

Ya, the look is pushing it but they are definitely pushing the narrative they are keeping true to the “soul” of the Mustangs roots as a “street” car

• Like 1

2 hours ago, touch said:

Come on boys, who wants to get in the Time Machine with me and go back for week? 

1967 Motorola transistor radio tunes in both AM and FM music vintage ad |  eBay         

1962 Motorola Battery Powered Portable Transistor 'Shirtpocket'  Radio PRINT AD | eBay  

I'm pretty sure the AM radio station that I listened to as a kid on my hand held transistor radio could be heard all over the Midwestern states.  CKLW the Big 8 out of Windsor, Ontario was very powerful.  🕺

And I have that Tyrone Davis album on one of my play lists

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TiScape said:

What are you in for? 
Speeding

😂

Had an employee drop a 03 cobra power plant into a 95 cobra one morning.   Got it going and then left for the day.  Came back the next morning. We tuned it. And he drove it to lunch.  On I26 he was clocked at 137 in a 70.  He calls me from the side of the road “ hey boss. Will you come get my car at exit xyz.  I’m going downtown and they said they’d let someone get it if they fit here before the tow truck “.    So we loaded up and went and got it. I posted his bond ($800) an hour later and they let him out.  He got lucky that it was early enough in the day to see the judge.  He did community service for 6 months to keep 1 point on his license to drive back and forth to work on.    

So in hed coast to work .   Every morning. Putting around in a car that put 500 plus HP to the wheels.  And he’s going 35 …😂.  

also funny story that finished that one. He married a year later. Has two kids. And that car is in his barn. Hadn’t been driven since.  He offered it to me. But I hate to buy it because I know it would kill him to see me drive it. It’s a factory removable hardtop convertible.  499 made in 95.  And only made in 95.  Life kills the fast car business for most of us.  I’ve worked on them for the last 23 years and never finished one of my own.  Somebody always buys it before it’s done.  Never once. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

27 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

He is not playing well, but he also has his new wife with him so he is going to trying really hard.  I did text him and asked if it wouldn't be too emasculating to ask and be given strokes in front of his new wife from a guy like me.  He hasn't replied, but he did say he didn't want 2 strokes, just one a side.

Oh man, that’s brutal Pete!!

• Haha 2

Whew. Weenie Roast ran late last night. Played for 2 1/2 hours. Didn't get to bed till 4AM.

I'm rather tired today 😂

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TiScape said:

I woulda thought that was early for you based on some of ur Lounge posting activity! 
😂

Haha Lounge posting is a bit less physically taxing than punk rock drums! 2 1/2 hours is a long set with nothing more than a few 5min breaks! 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

2 minutes ago, aenemated said:

Haha Lounge posting is a bit less physically taxing than punk rock drums! 2 1/2 hours is a long set with nothing more than a few 5min breaks! 

Ohhh, my bad. I associated the being tired w/the going to bed at 4am, not the drumming… Not the 1st time I’ve misunderstood 💩 this morning. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, aenemated said:

Whew. Weenie Roast ran late last night. Played for 2 1/2 hours. Didn't get to bed till 4AM.

I'm rather tired today 😂

How did the name Franks and Deans come to be? 

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

You can have the expensive Mustang. For a little more than 300K ($346,695) I'll take this. 😄

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2021-mercedes-amg-gt-black-series-7/

2021_mercedes-amg_gt-black-series_001-Exterior_2021-Mercedes-AMG-GT-Black-Series-32647-scaled.jpg?fit=2048%2C1366

2021_mercedes-amg_gt-black-series_005-Exterior_2021-Mercedes-AMG-GT-Black-Series-32680-scaled.jpg?fit=2048%2C1365

2021_mercedes-amg_gt-black-series_040-Interior_2021-Mercedes-AMG-GT-Black-Series-32999-scaled.jpg?fit=2048%2C1366

The twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V8 features direct injection and dry-sump lubrication for a factory rating of 720 horsepower and 590 lb-ft of torque.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, touch said:

You can have the expensive Mustang. For a little more than 300K ($346,695) I'll take this. 😄

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2021-mercedes-amg-gt-black-series-7/

2021_mercedes-amg_gt-black-series_001-Exterior_2021-Mercedes-AMG-GT-Black-Series-32647-scaled.jpg?fit=2048%2C1366

2021_mercedes-amg_gt-black-series_005-Exterior_2021-Mercedes-AMG-GT-Black-Series-32680-scaled.jpg?fit=2048%2C1365

2021_mercedes-amg_gt-black-series_040-Interior_2021-Mercedes-AMG-GT-Black-Series-32999-scaled.jpg?fit=2048%2C1366

The twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V8 features direct injection and dry-sump lubrication for a factory rating of 720 horsepower and 590 lb-ft of torque.

This 100x over the Ford 😊And $50k less to boot. No 🧠 er

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Sorry guys. If we’re talking that kind of coin , I’m bringing the hammer.  300mph ford GT. 

The price of those starts at $500k.  I was keeping the cost at $350k or less like the Mustang that was posted. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, touch said:

The price of those starts at $500k.  I was keeping the cost at $350k or less like the Mustang that was posted. 

I’m buying a Hyundai Palisade and keeping my extra $300k

• Haha 1

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

20 minutes ago, touch said:

Nah. Not a 2006 model 😂.     This is $200k ( $150k new) and some red necks…. Well under $400k.   The Germans or the Italians have still not figured out how to beat a ford and some red necks.  

• Like 1

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

• GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)
  • GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)