2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)

touch

15 minutes ago, imkirby34 said:

I'd gladly trade your temperature for the rain that's expected for the tournament I'm playing in tomorrow.  At least the wind is only supposed to be ~10 mph and it's actually supposed to be that annoying constant light rain as opposed to heavy stuff expected later in the week.

image.png.60f5713dd006353ee17d69d06a8fddd0.png

Nice temp here but overcast 

A6C8CDF0-CD02-4F5E-8E10-5CE4D0705B99.jpeg

• Like 2

Final Four Contest 

LP               Alabama   Duke         Houston   U Conn           winner   Alabama

DMM           Arizona    Duke         Texas       Gonzaga         winner   Gonzaga

imkirby       UVA          Marquette Xavier      Gonzaga         winner   Gonzaga

NJBF          Alabama  Marquette Texas        Kansas           winner   Kansas

CS              Alabama  Duke         Xavier        U Conn           winner   Duke

TS              Alabama   UCLA        Texas        Purdue           winner   UCLA

DLR           Alabama   Purdue       Houston    Kansas          winner   Houston

TLindy      SDSU        Purdue       Texas         U Conn          winner   Texas

NCL           Alabama  Duke          Texas          UCLA             winner   UCLA    

25 points for each correctly picked team that makes it to the Final Four.

50 points for predicting the National Champion. 

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

20 minutes ago, ChipStrokes said:

i didn’t play until i was 32, even though my dad had been bugging me to play for close to 10 years at that point already. 

i regret waiting so long now, not only because i love the game, but because that would have been another 10 years of rounds together. 

that being said, i get to play about 5-10 rounds a year with my dad and they’re always my favorite. i’m long and crooked and he’s short and straight and a lights out putter, so i’m usually stuck buying lunch. 

now my son is 2 and a half and i’ve already got him swinging a club. i can’t wait for the day i can bring him to the course with me. 

Gotta ask. So ur long and crooked, and working on speed training??? Just want this those tee shots even further OB?! 😂 

Semi kidding and I get it. I use to obsess over distance and my son def still does. He bought and did the exact same speed routine ur doing. When I first started I was the same. Nowadays I still get the occasional 300+ yard drive and Friday had a 237 yard tee shot w/4i on a short par 4. I’d be fine all day long now with decently long and in the fw. But I guess it’s short sided of me to assume ur not working on the rest of ur game as much as you are the speed stuff. And not really any of my business anyway! Haha

Hope this finds you feeling better Chip. 

F0C8C307-9F4D-4BC6-A020-9C2FD9773805.jpeg

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 2

Just now, touch said:

Final Four Contest 

LP               Alabama   Duke         Houston   U Conn           winner   Alabama

DMM           Arizona    Duke         Texas       Gonzaga         winner   Gonzaga

imkirby       UVA          Marquette Xavier      Gonzaga         winner   Gonzaga

CS              Alabama  Duke         Xavier        U Conn           winner   Duke

TS              Alabama   UCLA        Texas        Purdue           winner   UCLA

DLR           Alabama   Purdue       Houston    Kansas          winner   Houston

TLindy      SDSU        Purdue       Texas         U Conn          winner   Texas

NCL           Alabama  Duke          Texas          UCLA             winner   UCLA    

Congrats Big Fish, you are the only one left with all four of your teams still in it. 💥

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Gotta ask. So ur long and crooked, and working on speed training??? Just want this those tee shots even further OB?! 😂 

Semi kidding and I get it. I use to obsess over distance and my son def still does. He bought and did the exact same speed routine ur doing. When I first started I was the same. Nowadays I still get the occasional 300+ yard drive and Friday had a 247 yard tee shot w/4i on a short par 4. I’d be fine all day long now with decently long and in the fw. But I guess it’s short sided of me to assume ur not working on the rest of ur game as much as you are the speed stuff. And not really any of my business anyway! Haha

Hope this finds you feeling better Chip. 

relative to my pops, yeah i’m crooked haha. 

but you’re right, lots of swing work going on as the same time as the speed work. 

we’ll see where i’m at in a few weeks when i can get out on a course. 

and thanks, i’m feeling better. fever broke but (somehow) i’m still running to the bathroom. down 7lbs and counting 

• Like 2

Ping G425 LST 9º | TPT 15LO

TM SIM2 4W 16.5º | Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8TX

TM SIM2 7W 21º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland RTX Raw 52/mid 56/mid 60/full | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping Custom PLD Anser 2

Just now, ChipStrokes said:

relative to my pops, yeah i’m crooked haha. 

but you’re right, lots of swing work going on as the same time as the speed work. 

we’ll see where i’m at in a few weeks when i can get out on a course. 

and thanks, i’m feeling better. fever broke but (somehow) i’m still running to the bathroom. down 7lbs and counting 

Crazy how it affects everyone differently. My dad had it over a year ago and still has a cough. Dang raccoon dogs! 😠 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, touch said:

Final Four Contest 

They're fallin' like flies...

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

1 hour ago, TiScape said:

And buh bye Blue Devils 👋🏼 Quite the decline since Coach K retired. Still a quality team, but def a different feel. At least to me as a pretty casual college b-ball fan.

27-9 record, 10 consecutive wins coming into today, an ACC title run, and undefeated at home in Coach Scheyer's first season.   I do not think of the season as being any kind of decline at all.  Starting 4 freshman and a junior with a few older guys coming off the bench, the team played hard and tough all year.  Missing a starting forward today, Duke ran into a very physical, aggressive, large, and well-coached Tennessee team.  

No one that follows Duke would think this was a disappointing (or declining) season.  Today's loss is not easy to swallow but overall this year's team will be fondly remembered as the team that continued on the Duke legacy. 

And Mrs NCL agrees!:classic_wink: 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NCLancer said:

27-9 record, 10 consecutive wins coming into today, an ACC title run, and undefeated at home in Coach Scheyer's first season.   I do not think of the season as being any kind of decline at all.  Starting 4 freshman and a junior with a few older guys coming off the bench, the team played hard and tough all year.  Missing a starting forward today, Duke ran into a very physical, aggressive, large, and well-coached Tennessee team.  

No one that follows Duke would think this was a disappointing (or declining) season.  Today's loss is not easy to swallow but overall this year's team will be fondly remembered as the team that continued on the Duke legacy. 

Oh okay. I just always seem to remember them winning the ACC and not having more than 4-5 losses with coach K. But like I said, I’m a casual college bball fan at best. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NCLancer said:

Great points and well said NCL.👍

It was a fine season for yours and Mrs. T Money's Blue Devils.

2 hours ago, touch said:

Congrats Big Fish, you are the only one left with all four of your teams still in it. 💥

Well that didn't last long.

Final Four Contest 

LP               Alabama   Duke         Houston   U Conn           winner   Alabama

DMM           Arizona    Duke         Texas       Gonzaga         winner   Gonzaga

CS              Alabama  Duke         Xavier        U Conn           winner   Duke

NCL           Alabama  Duke          Texas          UCLA             winner   UCLA    

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NCLancer said:

I think the basketball winning score will be less than the golf winning score!!

It wasn't. Story to come on the amazing shot that won the golf tournament this afternoon. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DLeightonReid said:

I took up golf in my late 30's after spending many summers playing slow-pitch softball.  My father took up golf in his 60's and we were able to play several rounds of golf together.  One of my favorite memories happened when we were on a par 3 hole with an elevated green, where the ground dropped off on the right side into some trees.  My father's tee shot went into the trees on the right side, so his second shot was blind and uphill.  Dad's shot ricocheted off some tree limbs and landed off the green.  I quickly grabbed his golf ball and set it next to the hole and shouted "great shot".  I actually planned on telling him I had moved his ball, but he was so excited I kept my mouth shut.  Until his dying day, my father's favorite golf story to tell was of the great shot he hit that day.  Each time he would tell the story, I would smile and agree that it was a tremendous shot.  

What a fantastic story DLR, thanks .

Way to provide your father with a long lasting cherished golf memory. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TiScape said:

My son actually got me back playing during the shutdown when the only thing open were the golf courses. I had sold my clubs and hadn’t played in years. 98% of my rounds are w/him. He has a passion for it and it’s a wonderful bonding time with him. Not often these days a dad can spend 4hrs with his son hanging out and talking about life and so many other things. 

That's awesome, there's some hope yet, I catch my kid chipping in back yard once in a while. I do hope he takes it up to someday to do the same.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TiScape said:

2 racks in the smoker. ~4hrs to go! 🐷 

E2976B54-26CE-4DF9-A63C-8180C316337B.jpeg

Looking forward to seeing your racks when finished. TS can grill boys, DMM too. 👍

What will be accompanying the ribs as side dishes? Salad? Wine?

Dessert?  I'm getting nosy. 😅

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Honey 🍯 cornbread and a green salad 🥗 

yum 

1 hour ago, imkirby34 said:

My dad wasn't a golfer - tennis was his sport.  Mainly because of that, tennis was the first sport that my brothers and I all learned.  I ran across this picture of my dad shortly after he passed away so, unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the story behind it.  All I know is that it was taken just after he got out of the Air Force.  You'll note he's wearing slippahs.  My parents were born in Hawaii, so it's not surprising.  

image.png.9d673fcc6a86b2505585290be6915e85.png

This is awesome.  I hope I remember to share the photo of my dad as a kid swinging a club.  Maybe early 40s.  He played tennis through college.  

Edited by Petethreeput
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, TiScape said:

And the finished product 

E2C1221A-AB7D-4DD8-BB0C-1E7C4F3D0F5F.jpeg

Masterful grilling skills once again TS. They look fab. Enjoy the deliciousness NorCal. 

• Thanks 1

• GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)
  • GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)