New clubs never delivered

Beege35

Has anyone encountered this before?  Ordered new TaylorMade irons which were "delivered" on Friday at 11:10AM.  I checked for them no later than 11:25 (I was checking the tracking every few minutes) and the box wasn't there.  I do live in the city so I walked around and asked a couple neighbors and no one had them.  When I look at the proof of delivery it is a very close-up picture of the label on the box with zero background.  Obviously I have contacted FedEx and they are looking into it but I am not expecting much there.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Am I just out of luck?  

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, please feel free to relocate!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

8 hours ago, tdeutmeyer said:

Sometimes my FedEx deliveries get dropped off at the Post office and I get them the next day by US mail. I'm not sure why.

It's called last mile delivery. Used by both UPS and Fed Ex. Might be used as well by DHL. They have shipping services that start as normal UPS/Fed Ex deliveries. However in many instances those parcels are delivered to your local USPS office first then to your house by the post office. AMZ does this as well.

This has been going on for quite some time. It's not new. You have to pay close attention to the tracking information you have. It's usually for smaller packages/parcels but not always. UPS/FedEx would rather not do residential delivery if they had the choice. Hence the contracts they have with USPS. Sort of like how many USPS Priority mail packages are on UPS/Fed Ex planes travel wise yet the USPS tracking never shows thats where the packages are. 

That said it doesn't seem that a set of irons would have been shipped this way. Hope it is settled soon. 

Edited by grm24

Interesting

It seems like the norm for packages now with USPS is to say "delivered" when I know it just arrived at the post office.  Even more annoying is it often says out for delivery the day it gets to the PO, and then flips to delivered later in the day.  We're short postal workers here, so generally I will see it show up at the house a few days later.  Not a big deal.

For Fed Ex, they're taking photos of the label (looks like they're in the truck when they do it based on the background), and flipping the notice to delivered.  But it actually has been delivered though.  So not sure what's happening to your stuff.

Yadi for President

5 hours ago, AzRoger said:

No help for this one but Ring doorbell (or equivalent) is a big help for these situations, will send a notice to your phone as soon as someone walks up to the door, will even send a package delivered notice if it senses a package was dropped off.

Yea I like using that feature. I recently had a package notification of delivery. I live in a court. I opened the door and there wasn't a package on my porch. I could see the delivery truck leaving the area. I asked my neighbor if they saw where they dropped off a package and they said the person had dropped off packages all over the court. At the fifth house I checked I found my package. I couldn't even match the photo of delivery because it was a pic of the guys foot on the parking lot.

On 2/19/2023 at 5:46 AM, Skhacker said:

All of their parcels are delivered with a GPS location in their system for this very reason. When you get through they’ll be able to pinpoint the exact location the package was dropped off. 

You mean there's a tracking device inside every pkg?

Or you mean they track fedex delivery truck?

Your clubs would not have been sent to USPS for a Smartpost Delivery. You should be calling FedEx support to report the non-delivery. When I had a delivery issue with FedEx, the support was unhelpful as they would only read off a script. I could not get answers from them and would not take the time to get the answer. I ended up calling FedEx HQ in Memphis to complain about the poor customer service and actually got the answer I was looking for.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

Update:

It looks like these were stolen off my side step in the middle of the day, within 15 minutes of them being dropped off.  I contacted TaylorMade and after speaking to a couple different customer support reps they are going to re-ship my irons with a signature required for delivery.  TaylorMade is truly the cream of the crop and because of this instance they have a customer for life in myself.  Another side note, I have already ordered a ring doorbell and will be installing that for the future!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Also check places like Play It Again Sports and area pawn shops.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

2 hours ago, Beege35 said:

Update:

It looks like these were stolen off my side step in the middle of the day, within 15 minutes of them being dropped off.  I contacted TaylorMade and after speaking to a couple different customer support reps they are going to re-ship my irons with a signature required for delivery.  TaylorMade is truly the cream of the crop and because of this instance they have a customer for life in myself.  Another side note, I have already ordered a ring doorbell and will be installing that for the future!

Glad to hear TM gave you great service.  in 2012, I was sent my Ping irons in for a reshaft.  One club had an incorrect shaft band put on it and Ping asked me to send in (at their cost ) the whole set to have them reshafted again and have the correct band on all clubs  (they verified before hand the proper shaft was installed but the wrong band was put on one of the clubs).  They sent me a Fed Ex label for the clubs to get picked up.  My wife was visiting her sister so nobody was home.  When I got home from work, there was a sticker on the door from fed Ex  with a  written message stating there was no package on the porch for pick up.  I asked around and one neighbor verified two different Fed Ex trucks had stopped.  Nonetheless, the package showed no movement.  It didn't even show it was picked up  (nothing showed up on  the Fedex site for over a week).  I called Ping to report the issue.  they said to file a police report and were going to build me a brand new set of S56's to my desired specs as son as the police report was filed.   To make a long story longer, Ping had me call in for a conference call between them regional manager of FedEx for my area.  The Fedex manager all but said the first driver likely stole  the clubs.  The day before my new (the makeup set Ping was going to build at no charge), My s56's showed up in the FedEx system (a few days after the police report had been filed). 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Any updates on the stolen clubs? I’ve just been digging through deal or no deals and need a resolution to the story lol

Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Fujikura Motore Speeder VC7.2 Tour Spec X

Taylormade V-Steel 15* Aldila Tour Blue 75TX

Titleist 913 19* Diamana 82hy S
Srixon ZX4 MKII 4i Modus 105s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-P Modus 105s

TM MG 50/54 Project X 6.5 8i 

TM Tiger Grind 60* TI s400

TM Rossa Tourismo agsi+