James Cole

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max 21* | Project X Denali Blue 80TX

Hybrids: Ping G430 5H @25*, 6H @29 | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 6-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

Spoke with the rep yesterday. He said our demo shafts, and everyone else should be shipping late this week or early next week. Should be soon

Edited by leftypga

SIM 9.0 Ventus Blue 7X, SIM 15* Ventus Blue 8X
U500 2i, OT100, P7.MC 3-4, P7.MB 6-P, Modus 120 X
MG2 53, 58 Modus 120 X, Toulon Garage Austin

• 2 weeks later...

I just built my set out and they feel great. I got the 105x. For reference by driver swing speed is anywhere from 109-113. They don't feel boardy to me like the steelfibers did. It's hard to describe them over the internet but I swing a Ventus blue TR in my driver and woods, which feel great to be. The Ventus blacks feel too stiff and boardy to me as reference. 

So the axiom feel great and when you flush a shot, smooth as butter. There were times when I hit the ball thin and it sent some shocks to my hand as if it were some hardcore steel shafts. 

Overall I like it, doesn't hurt my elbow, looks and feels great. has velocore in it, and didn't lose distance. The flight of my ball seems slightly higher than my x100 but that might be in my head. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, zlawson36 said:

Hi JC,

I bit the bullet and had Will Peoples build me a set of ZX5 MK II 4-AW with Axiom 105S. I have been gaming Modus 105S for the better part of 2 years now, so I feel like I can offer some insight.

Mind you, I have only played one round with my new set, and have not hit any range balls. Here are my initial impressions:

Feel: They feel very smooth but stable. I was worried when I ordered them because some graphite shafts can feel board-like or harsh. I have experience playing Ventus Blue Velocore in my driver and these give me a similar load and release feel in the irons. Now, I recently switched from Ventus Blue in my driver to Nemesys, but I still loved the VB and the way it performed and felt. Going back to the iron shafts, if you are worried about them playing too stiff or hard to load compared to Modus 105, I can say that they feel great. I thought these launch in a nice window, and felt the same throughout my set. I play my irons +3/4" because I am 6'6". If you have a competent builder build them out to a proper swingweight, I think they will perform great. With the unique 3 parallel blank system that they use, you need to make sure you have somebody who knows what they are doing build them up. That's really all of the insight I can share right now, so I hope this helps.

When you say stable do you mean that they are anti-left or that they don't curve too much?  I have the MMT in my irons and they feel ok but I tend to lose them left when my swing is even slightly off or when I'm in in between clubs and and step on one.  LAGP L-series were more stable but I wasn't too keen on the way they felt.  Looking for something that feels smooth yet stable so I'm thinking the Axiom 125x may be the solution. 

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM Qi10 Tour 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

30 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

When you say stable do you mean that they are anti-left or that they don't curve too much?  I have the MMT in my irons and they feel ok but I tend to lose them left when my swing is even slightly off or when I'm in in between clubs and and step on one.  LAGP L-series were more stable but I wasn't too keen on the way they felt.  Looking for something that feels smooth yet stable so I'm thinking the Axiom 125x may be the solution. 

I don't think they're anti-left, but I feel like I can go after it more and not feel like I am going to hook the ball. My miss lately has been a hook, and I felt like the ball started on-line and finished where I wanted. Although me hooking the ball to an extent was my setup issues that I have been working on. 

FWIW, I have experimented with the MMTs (105S) and SF95, and find these to have better feel while still being stable and not difficult to load. I am not a high speed player, but I was timing the shaft perfectly given my tempo which is moderate. 

• Thanks 1

DR: Qi10 Core 10.5˚

FW: G430 LST 3W 15˚ // G430 Max 18˚

UW: OG Apex UW 19˚

HY: G425 22˚H

IRONS: NL 480DB 5-PW

WEDGES: NL 50SS, 54VS, 59FF

PUTTER: Spider Tour CB 38" or Lajosi Lawson Longneck Proto

BALL: Maxfli Tour X

On 5/5/2023 at 7:38 AM, zlawson36 said:

Hi JC,

I bit the bullet and had Will Peoples build me a set of ZX5 MK II 4-AW with Axiom 105S. I have been gaming Modus 105S for the better part of 2 years now, so I feel like I can offer some insight.

Mind you, I have only played one round with my new set, and have not hit any range balls. Here are my initial impressions:

Feel: They feel very smooth but stable. I was worried when I ordered them because some graphite shafts can feel board-like or harsh. I have experience playing Ventus Blue Velocore in my driver and these give me a similar load and release feel in the irons. Now, I recently switched from Ventus Blue in my driver to Nemesys, but I still loved the VB and the way it performed and felt. Going back to the iron shafts, if you are worried about them playing too stiff or hard to load compared to Modus 105, I can say that they feel great. I thought these launch in a nice window, and felt the same throughout my set. I play my irons +3/4" because I am 6'6". If you have a competent builder build them out to a proper swingweight, I think they will perform great. With the unique 3 parallel blank system that they use, you need to make sure you have somebody who knows what they are doing build them up. That's really all of the insight I can share right now, so I hope this helps.

Thanks for the review, awesome info here. Would you mind giving some insight into your swing speeds if you know them? I.e. driver or more specifically 7 iron

7 iron swing speed at 78 mph, and driver around 95 but this was last year after an injury. I am working my speed back up now and expect to be around 82 and 100. My total driver distance is around 260 on average and my 7 iron carry distance is mid 150s to low 160s with a ZX5 MK II

Edited by zlawson36

DR: Qi10 Core 10.5˚

FW: G430 LST 3W 15˚ // G430 Max 18˚

UW: OG Apex UW 19˚

HY: G425 22˚H

IRONS: NL 480DB 5-PW

WEDGES: NL 50SS, 54VS, 59FF

PUTTER: Spider Tour CB 38" or Lajosi Lawson Longneck Proto

BALL: Maxfli Tour X

Additionally, I have a question for the expert club builders/anyone who has insight. Since they have the long parallel, mid parallel, and short parallel flexes - would these characteristics make them easier/good candidates to hard step/soft step? 

Hope that question makes sense. I don’t fully know what I’m talking about. 

5 hours ago, Willrobs1 said:

Additionally, I have a question for the expert club builders/anyone who has insight. Since they have the long parallel, mid parallel, and short parallel flexes - would these characteristics make them easier/good candidates to hard step/soft step? 

Hope that question makes sense. I don’t fully know what I’m talking about. 

Technically yes because tou can tip trim as much as you want creating the hard or soft step.

• Like 1

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / SPDRL-NCK+ CT 120

Wondering what people are doing for a wedge shaft with these? Looking to test hit some when they are available near me, but I’ve recently played DG105 x100 irons with  DG115 wedge shafts or KBS Tour Lite 105x and KBS Tour 120s in wedges so used to the heavier-but-softer wedge shafts. MMT still has the heavier weight class in lighter flex in the iron line but not the scoring wedge line. Typically like to keep roughly same shaft down the line, tried the Tour Lites irons with some S400 wedges and did not get along well. Any thoughts? Overthinking? Build something to test?

Wondering as well, I normally play 105 on all my irons but 130 Dynamic Gold in my 60…

2 hours ago, w1nders said:

Wondering what people are doing for a wedge shaft with these? Looking to test hit some when they are available near me, but I’ve recently played DG105 x100 irons with  DG115 wedge shafts or KBS Tour Lite 105x and KBS Tour 120s in wedges so used to the heavier-but-softer wedge shafts. MMT still has the heavier weight class in lighter flex in the iron line but not the scoring wedge line. Typically like to keep roughly same shaft down the line, tried the Tour Lites irons with some S400 wedges and did not get along well. Any thoughts? Overthinking? Build something to test?

I been using MMT 105s 113g scoring wedge shafts in Gap & LW.  They fit nicely with MMT 95s in 4i-8i and MMT 125s in 9i-W.

MMT 105tx scoring is 117g and MMT 125tx scoring is 130g.  I

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo, Red 59S
  • TSR2 15° Tour AD-VF 74S
  • 718 TMB 17° 2i Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW MMT 105S Wedge
  • SM10 F52.12, T58.4, DG200 127S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

3 hours ago, w1nders said:

there's the fuji MCI wedge line, which has a 125 option.  been happy with it in my wedges, but can't specifically comment on how it pairs/blends with a set of axiom shafts.

🍍 2023 WITB 🍍

Titleist TSR3 9.0* w/ Ventus Black 6x

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 15* w/ Ventus Red 7x

Titleist TSR3 19* w/ Ventus HB Blue 8s

Titleist T200 4-iron w/ Axiom 105x

Artisan LS 720HM 5-PW w/ Modus 115x

Artisan 50*, 56* w/ TT DGS S200

Vokey WW 60* LB-K w/ TT DGS S200

Scotty Cameron Tei3 Newport Two

@Fujikura Golf Any recommendations for a scoring wedge that blends well with Axiom? I also asked this question on Instagram 🙂 In the other Axiom thread someone who played 125X went 125X 4i-60* and tipped their wedges:

50- 1”

56- .5”

60- 0”

I'd say either that or the MCI Wedge 105/125's, but really depends how you use your wedges. I'm demoing Axiom 125X soon and if they beat out the LA L Series (Switching to graphite due to bad back and have had wrists flair up in the past) I'd either go 125X in wedges or just keep my Modus 115 (122g) in my 55 and 60 since I really like my green masters edition shafts haha. I tested the BGT ZNE's and didn't love them enough for $180-$200. I did like/have good results with the LA WV Wedge shaft and if I end up going L Series that would most likely go into my wedges

PING G430 MAX 10K 10.5° | Fujikura Ventus Blue Velo+ (Azalea) 6X

PING G430 MAX 3W 15°@14° | Fujikura Ventus Blue Velo+ 7X

PING G430 MAX 7W 21°@19.5° | Fujikura Ventus Blue Velo+ 8X

PING G430 5H 26°@25° | Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 9X

PING i230 5i-7i, PING Blueprint S 8i-PW | Fujikura Axiom 125X

PING Glide 4.0 Stealth 50°-12 | Fujikura Axiom 125X

PING Glide 4.0 Stealth 55°-11 (56°@55°), 60°-8 (58°T@60°), Glide Forged Pro 60°-09 (59°EYE2@60°) | DG S400 Tour Issue "Season Opener" Masters Edition

PING PLD Custom DS72H 35.5" | BGT Stability Tour Masters M-Edition and L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 MAX 36" White/Green Masters Edition | LA GOLF P-Series 135 White/Green

Titleist Pro V1x

@phizzy30 I demoed the 125X and I’d say they are super stable and borderline anti-left. Here’s a Trackman dispersion screenshot for a 6i demo club. My 6i club speed is 91-92mph. The ones that ended left I was trying to draw. No snap hooks when I stepped on it (94-95mph) and naturally they wanted to fade a little which I highly prefer anyway. Definitely recommend you check them out. Also hit the LA L Series 120’s which felt/performed really good as well (but different. LA went lower and the Stiff worked better for me than the X)

IMG_2236.jpeg

Edited by ajbillings
  • Like 1

PING Glide 4.0 Stealth 55°-11 (56°@55°), 60°-8 (58°T@60°), Glide Forged Pro 60°-09 (59°EYE2@60°) | DG S400 Tour Issue "Season Opener" Masters Edition

PING PLD Custom DS72H 35.5" | BGT Stability Tour Masters M-Edition and L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 MAX 36" White/Green Masters Edition | LA GOLF P-Series 135 White/Green

Titleist Pro V1x

40 minutes ago, ajbillings said:

@phizzy30 I demoed the 125X and I’d say they are super stable and borderline anti-left. Here’s a Trackman dispersion screenshot for a 6i demo club. My 6i club speed is 91-92mph. The ones that ended left I was trying to draw. No snap hooks when I stepped on it (94-95mph) and naturally they wanted to fade a little which I highly prefer anyway. Definitely recommend you check them out. Also hit the LA L Series 120’s which felt/performed really good as well (but different. LA went lower and the Stiff worked better for me than the X)

IMG_2236.jpeg

Good stuff here. Did you happen to hit the Stiff as well?

I hit the Axiom 105s, 105x, 125x and LA Golf L Series 120 in 4 (Stiff) and 5 (X). I had the most success/best numbers with the Axiom 125X and LA 4’s. This was with my current irons (i230). For the Axiom 105s and 105x they felt/SW too light so I either needed some lead tape on my i230’s or a heavier head like the T100 to make them feel “right” to me. All are good options depending on the fit/your swing

Titleist Pro V1x

9 minutes ago, ajbillings said:

IMG_2236.jpeg

Thanks for the feedback.  I was able to test Axiom 125x recently as well and concur.  They seem to be more stable than the MMT and feel smoother as well.  One of my clients who I golf with is sponsored by TM and we went to his CC earlier this week and I hit his P7MC.  Hit about 30 balls and I'm sold.  Now I have to find a way to convince the wife to let me reshaft my irons, lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM Qi10 Tour 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

The weight selection for these shafts seems interesting.  You either have a tour weight, 125, or fairly light at 105.  Their website says the 125's are actually 130g.   Does anyone know what the cut weight is?  i've been playing the DG 120 and the MMT 105 TX which are both about 114g after they are trimmed.  Seems Axiom doesn't have a match for that.  

Also, for those who have built these, is there enough room in the tip for tip weights?  Or do you have to bore them out a little?

Thanks.

Cally AI Smoke TD 9 Ventus Black 6x
Sim 16.5 Ventus Black 7x
Titeist TSi3 18 Hybrid GD Tour AD IZ 85x
Srixon ZX7 Mkii 4-PW DG TI 120 X100
Vokey SM9 50/54/60
TM Spider X Tour Stability Shaft

ProV1

30 minutes ago, shellbmb said:

The weight selection for these shafts seems interesting.  You either have a tour weight, 125, or fairly light at 105.  Their website says the 125's are actually 130g.   Does anyone know what the cut weight is?  i've been playing the DG 120 and the MMT 105 TX which are both about 114g after they are trimmed.  Seems Axiom doesn't have a match for that.  

Also, for those who have built these, is there enough room in the tip for tip weights?  Or do you have to bore them out a little?

Thanks.

don't have cut weight per se but I believe Fuji designed these with an internal opening at the tip to allow tip weights for the purpose of swingweighting. The bore does see much bigger than MMT was. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ajbillings said:

I hit the Axiom 105s, 105x, 125x and LA Golf L Series 120 in 4 (Stiff) and 5 (X). I had the most success/best numbers with the Axiom 125X and LA 4’s. This was with my current irons (i230). For the Axiom 105s and 105x they felt/SW too light so I either needed some lead tape on my i230’s or a heavier head like the T100 to make them feel “right” to me. All are good options depending on the fit/your swing

Ah yes I forgot the 125g doesn’t come in a stiff flex! Thanks for the feedback. 

10 hours ago, shellbmb said:

Thanks.

I literally just finished building mine and the tip weights from the link below were too wide. Had some old lead tip weights for graphite shafts that fit fine. Looking forward to trying them out tomo.

https://billybobsgolf.com/product/brass-swingweights-for-graphite-shafts/

IMG_1025.jpeg

• Like 3

anyone directly compare these to Modus 105s

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 KBS Tour Lite 100s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

On 5/12/2023 at 8:08 PM, Fresh Greens said:

I literally just finished building mine and the tip weights from the link below were too wide. Had some old lead tip weights for graphite shafts that fit fine. Looking forward to trying them out tomo.

https://billybobsgolf.com/product/brass-swingweights-for-graphite-shafts/

IMG_1025.jpeg

Any updates?