2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Fujikura Axiom, anyone hit these yet?

James Cole

On 5/11/2023 at 5:24 PM, phizzy30 said:

Thanks for the feedback.  I was able to test Axiom 125x recently as well and concur.  They seem to be more stable than the MMT and feel smoother as well.  One of my clients who I golf with is sponsored by TM and we went to his CC earlier this week and I hit his P7MC.  Hit about 30 balls and I'm sold.  Now I have to find a way to convince the wife to let me reshaft my irons, lol. 

LOL  Axiom more stable and smoother... that's a statement.

I only go to the wife when wanting a new track rocket.... thinking about a new M5.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX 6.0 Wedge 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x, ProV1x or AVX

On 5/11/2023 at 8:24 PM, phizzy30 said:

Thanks for the feedback.  I was able to test Axiom 125x recently as well and concur.  They seem to be more stable than the MMT and feel smoother as well.  One of my clients who I golf with is sponsored by TM and we went to his CC earlier this week and I hit his P7MC.  Hit about 30 balls and I'm sold.  Now I have to find a way to convince the wife to let me reshaft my irons, lol. 

dont tell her anything, only that u had your current shafts painted, have them delivered to your work

• Haha 1

Driver- TITLEIST TSr2 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CLEVELAND RTX-6 50/54/58 Tour Spinner 
Putter- PING  PLD Ally Blue 4

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

6 hours ago, mws82 said:

Any updates?

Played 36 on Saturday and so far really like them. Just initial thoughts for now as I didn’t get any range time before the rounds. The feel and sound is superb. Buttery smooth. Everyone I played with individually commented specifically on how good they sounded. Dispersion seemed to be pretty good as well. Hit 6 iron to under 12ft on two separate occasions, which was nice to see. I’ve had Tour Issue X100s in the bag for the last 4+ years and was able to flight the ball/hit knockdowns just as well as I could with the X100s. Ball flight/launch was similar to X100s as well. Nothing high and spinny that would get killed into the wind. I need some more time with them to comment further on distance. They definitely are not any shorter though. As far as the build went; they swing weighted very similar to my X100s and I tipped as Fuji suggested. 

• Like 3

On 5/5/2023 at 5:38 AM, zlawson36 said:

Hi JC,

I bit the bullet and had Will Peoples build me a set of ZX5 MK II 4-AW with Axiom 105S. I have been gaming Modus 105S for the better part of 2 years now, so I feel like I can offer some insight.

Mind you, I have only played one round with my new set, and have not hit any range balls. Here are my initial impressions:

Feel: They feel very smooth but stable. I was worried when I ordered them because some graphite shafts can feel board-like or harsh. I have experience playing Ventus Blue Velocore in my driver and these give me a similar load and release feel in the irons. Now, I recently switched from Ventus Blue in my driver to Nemesys, but I still loved the VB and the way it performed and felt. Going back to the iron shafts, if you are worried about them playing too stiff or hard to load compared to Modus 105, I can say that they feel great. I thought these launch in a nice window, and felt the same throughout my set. I play my irons +3/4" because I am 6'6". If you have a competent builder build them out to a proper swingweight, I think they will perform great. With the unique 3 parallel blank system that they use, you need to make sure you have somebody who knows what they are doing build them up. That's really all of the insight I can share right now, so I hope this helps.

Any difference in dispersion between the 105s and Axioms?

should i have a club builder put this into my shaft for me? if i have done it with steel, am i okay to do it with a graphite?

Driver: Callaway Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 9°, Ventus Black TR 6X, Pure Grips Wrap

3 Wood: Titleist 15° TSi2, Ventus Blue TR 7X, Pure Grips Wrap

3 Hybrid: Titleist 18° TSi3, Ventus Blue 8-X, Pure Grips Wrap 

Irons: Srixon ZX7 MKII 4-PW, Axiom 125X, Pure Grips Wrap

Wedge: Titleist 50°, 54°,58° Vokey SM9, Axiom 125X, Pure Grips Wrap

Putter: :ping: PLD Custom - Anser 2

Bag: Player III Stand-14 Way- Iridium-

Glove: Vice Pure Color

Ball: Chrome Soft X

Dexterity: LH

7 hours ago, smdunlop said:

should i have a club builder put this into my shaft for me? if i have done it with steel, am i okay to do it with a graphite?

Graphite is a different process than steel

• Like 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

• 5 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Taz Kim said:

so i finally pulled the trigger and got the Axiom shafts.  I previously used the modus3 105 stiff on my miura km700 and now have the Axiom 105 stiff shafts.

background.  I am not an elite ball striker.  hcp is 6.4.  driver swing speed is 95-101.  carry is around 230-240.  avg distance 260.  7 iron goes 150-155 carry.  I would say im in the middle of the pack. 

comparison: 

the goods:

The modus has amazing feel.  you can feel every mishit and get a good idea of where you missed on the clubface.  it also has a good spring like feel to it on good hits.  flight is not too high and not too low.  has good penetration.

the bads: 

I had the tendency to hook or over draw alot.  felt a little heavy for 105 as well.  was difficult for me to get it really high when needed.

Now for the axiom shafts please keep in mind i only had one range session and one round under these bad boys.

the goods:

the looks are freaking eye pleasing as hell.  the matte black with the subtle silver engravings.  the velecore stamp.  just so sexy.

the weight is pretty light which is crazy considering im comparing a 105 to a 105.  could be placebo but it does feel lighter.

looking down at the ball the contrast of black shaft to silver head makes it easier to align.  again could be a me thing.

feel is really nice.  really solid and kinda sneaky long.  it doesnt feel as jumpy as the modus3 but it seems to go farther.  will need to test more.

height is nice.  noticeably higher than the modus.  

and swinging the club seems more effortless.

dispersion for me is much tighter.

the bads.

the only thing i can think of at this point is that the feel is a little muted.  nothing to complain about but the feedback is definitely less then the modus.

conclusion.  i am a strong believer that there is no one shaft that is made perfect for everyone.  but if you are in a similar boat as me these seem to fit really well.

IMG_8590.jpg

IMG_8589.jpg

Thanks for the write-up.  Great to have another solid option in that 100-110g range that many of us prefer and come from like the Modus 105.  

IMHO, the Axiom will suffer from being a niche premium shaft, not generally available.  The MMT 105, SF i110 and Recoil Dart 105 among others are available at generally reasonable up-charges from many OEMs.  I look forward to trying the Axiom 105 at some point.

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 and 5 Woods, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

On 6/22/2023 at 8:18 PM, Taz Kim said:

so i finally pulled the trigger and got the Axiom shafts.  I previously used the modus3 105 stiff on my miura km700 and now have the Axiom 105 stiff shafts.

background.  I am not an elite ball striker.  hcp is 6.4.  driver swing speed is 95-101.  carry is around 230-240.  avg distance 260.  7 iron goes 150-155 carry.  I would say im in the middle of the pack. 

comparison: 

the goods:

The modus has amazing feel.  you can feel every mishit and get a good idea of where you missed on the clubface.  it also has a good spring like feel to it on good hits.  flight is not too high and not too low.  has good penetration.

the bads: 

I had the tendency to hook or over draw alot.  felt a little heavy for 105 as well.  was difficult for me to get it really high when needed.

Now for the axiom shafts please keep in mind i only had one range session and one round under these bad boys.

the goods:

the looks are freaking eye pleasing as hell.  the matte black with the subtle silver engravings.  the velecore stamp.  just so sexy.

the weight is pretty light which is crazy considering im comparing a 105 to a 105.  could be placebo but it does feel lighter.

looking down at the ball the contrast of black shaft to silver head makes it easier to align.  again could be a me thing.

feel is really nice.  really solid and kinda sneaky long.  it doesnt feel as jumpy as the modus3 but it seems to go farther.  will need to test more.

the bads.

the only thing i can think of at this point is that the feel is a little muted.  nothing to complain about but the feedback is definitely less then the modus.

conclusion.  i am a strong believer that there is no one shaft that is made perfect for everyone.  but if you are in a similar boat as me these seem to fit really well.

IMG_8590.jpg

IMG_8589.jpg

Thanks for this. Two questions were you playing x100 120? Or 130 weight? I’m playing 120 but anm really interested in similar flight and spin.  Also how do you like the km700, I’m an 7.2 but iron play is my biggest strength, I wouldn’t say elite though. I can tend to get a little steep. 

7 hours ago, Mob said:

So I finally got to try these today.  I hit them head to head vs. my set up.  Srixon ZX7 7 iron head on both.  Steelfiber 95 S vs. Axiom 105 S.  D2 swingweight for both. I went back and forth with each multiple times hitting sets of 5-10 shots in each set.  The data was clear for me.  

Steelfiber:

Launch angle 19.5 degrees

Spin rate 5200 rpm

Swing speed 80 mph

Carry distance 162 yards

Axiom:

Launch angle 20.5 degrees

Spin rate 5400 rpms

Swing speed 79 mph

Carry distance 160 yards

However dispersion was significantly better with the Axiom.  My bad swings with the Steelfiber were 45 feet offline, while my bad misses with the Axiom were 21 feet offline, so a pretty impressive difference.  I was also getting about 9 yards of roll out with the Steelfiber, so my fitter thinks the  added spin with the Axiom will be a benefit as well.  Basically giving up a couple of yards for half the dispersion; great trade off as far as I am concerned.  I definitely felt like I was hitting the sweetspot more consistently with the Axiom.  I have the shafts on order, so we will see if this holds true on the course.

Based on yours and others’ reviews, I took a chance and have ordered Axiom for my KM700s to replace my Recoil Proto 95s. Candidly, I need to replace the Proto anyway as I went to 95 as an experiment, and it’s just too light for me. Looking forward to it!

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 9deg  Ventus TR Blue 6 S

Callaway  Paradym 💎💎💎 3 wood Ventus TR Blue 7 S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 18 & 24 deg Ventus HB 8 S

Miura KM700 4-P Fujikura Axiom 105S

Miura Milled Tour Wedge 52 deg Fujikura Axiom 105S

Callaway JAWS Full Toe 58deg Fujikura Axiom 105S

32.5" LAB Golf DF3 w/BGT Stability One Black | Pistol 2.0 Grip

Custom Vessel Lux Cart Bag

46 minutes ago, TM135 said:

Been playing c taper stiff since I can remember. Just prefer the linear feel and  dispersion killer. Axiom feel linear like a c taper or more DG?

Judging by the way people talk about them, they sound kinda like PX LZs….

• Like 1

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

I love Modus 105 s but switched to graphite. Fitted at CC. Best for me was KBS TGI 100 . Axiom was in the mix but was not superior to other shafts. TGI don’t play nearly as stiff as many on here claim. 

Stealth OG 10.5 Ventus Red 6s

Epic flash 18deg Fujikura pro 6.0s

Maverick 21deg 7wd Fujikura pro 7.0S

5i-Aw Srixon ZX5  KBS TGI 100

52 Glide 4.0 SS KBS TGI 100

56 Glide 4.0 WS KBS TGI 100

60 Glide 4.0 TS KBS TGI 100

Lab DF3 70 deg 35.5" Accra Black

21 hours ago, KensingtonPark said:

Based on yours and others’ reviews, I took a chance and have ordered Axiom for my KM700s to replace my Recoil Proto 95s. Candidly, I need to replace the Proto anyway as I went to 95 as an experiment, and it’s just too light for me. Looking forward to it!

I have them on order as well.  My fitter says that Fujikura can be alittle slower than other companies, so it maybe a couple of weeks before I have them installed.  We will see how this experiment works out.  Indoor launch monitor data is favorable, but we all know how inconsistently that translates to on course results.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR2 with Metaflex 5H shaft 
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

On 6/22/2023 at 3:18 PM, Taz Kim said:

comparison: 

the goods:

the bads: 

the goods:

the bads.

Thanks! Could you post a pic of the entire set with the shaft logo showing? I am trying to confirm my expectation that the "Velocore" logo gets closer to the hosel within each sublength. Thanks!

On 6/22/2023 at 12:52 PM, jeffrey r said:

IMHO, the Axiom will suffer from being a niche premium shaft, not generally available.  The MMT 105, SF i110 and Recoil Dart 105 among others are available at generally reasonable up-charges from many OEMs.  I look forward to trying the Axiom 105 at some point.

Agree. 

Axiom will suffer mostly due to pricing quotes at $650-$700 for “7” shafts, add install, near $875+, plus limited availability.   I have 3 Ventus Velo wood shafts, so won't be considering Axiom.  Fujikura has reached my limit. 😛

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey

9 hours ago, hammergolf said:

Here is a pic of my set. The Velocore stamping will adjust by 1/2” in each shaft of the version due to tipping.

image.jpeg.5ec686461c862f53b08adab5a835b69c.jpeg

That is exactly what I wanted to see. I suppose that's reassuring since I will know that they took off length from the correct portion of the shaft. Thank you! 

• Like 2

On 6/22/2023 at 9:18 PM, Taz Kim said:

comparison: 

the goods:

the bads: 

the goods:

the bads.

IMG_8590.jpg

IMG_8589.jpg

What is that sexy ferrule?

The cost of new irons, then Axiom shafts in irons, plus Ventus Velo TR in woods, fancy ferrules and grips – only to card 80+ is a head shaker.  Like paying 250k for a P-car, adding a 7k tune kit for the track, 2 sets of tires, only to never go faster than 120 mph (193.12 kilometers per hour) is a real head shaker. LOL 

Update: After scratching my head for a while, may switch to Axiom.

Edited by Pepperturbo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey

On 7/6/2023 at 1:36 PM, Pepperturbo said:

The cost of new irons, then Axiom shafts in irons, plus Ventus Velo TR in woods, fancy ferrules and grips – only to card 80+ is a head shaker.  Like paying 250k for a P-car, adding a 7k tune kit for the track, 2 sets of tires, only to never go faster than 120 mph (193.12 kilometers per hour) is a real head shaker. LOL 

But think how good they must feel when they Valet their lizard green GT3 with 850 miles on the odo. 

Same for when you do a bag drop with some Axioms...oh wait. right. No one cares. 🙂

The price point of these puppies is certainly niche for now. Oooof. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, bvanlieu said:

But think how good they must feel when they Valet their lizard green GT3 with 850 miles on the odo. 

Same for when you do a bag drop with some Axioms...oh wait. right. No one cares. 🙂

The price point of these puppies is certainly niche for now. Oooof. 

LOL – I NEVER valet GT, pay valets extra to self-park.  Valets like to test the car, but only 99.9% of them are NOT familiar with a 3k lb car with nearly 500hp+ and equivalent tq.

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey

Just posted my initial take on the Axioms in the Fujikura Members Experience thread. Sharing the link here just in case somebody's interested and doesn't make it over into that thread:

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide