2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Calling All Broomstick Users

OspreyCI

21 hours ago, TT2017 said:

Here's a new video that has some useful info. It'll be interesting to track his progress too.

I just bought a Mezz Max 47" myself and the major reason I did so was because of watching a couple of Edel fitting videos in which he talks about 'cover' golfers etc. Quite an eye opener and it immediately resonated with me and made sense of my miss pattern. I theorised that a broomstick will allow me to address my issues. That said, I putt just fine with any type of putter and grip, but as many of us are doing, I'm trying to gain just one more shot...

Enjoy the journey with the broom. I love mine and every round is so much fun because of my putting. The broomstick just takes out all of the thinking when you stand over a putt. Make a good read and it just goes in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2023 at 9:22 AM, TonyRo said:

Their suggestions tracks almost exactly with what I've found myself. I'm 6'2" and I use a 46.5" DF, which feels about right to me. I also have an Arccos sensor on top, which adds a half inch or so - an interesting idiosyncracy with broomsticks, as my thumb goes on top. I started at 48" and found I wanted a bit more bend as well. 

As another data point - Aaron Wise is 6'1" and cut his broomstick down to 46". 

Arccos question for you - does the putter track with your thumb over the sensor? I tested a mocked up broom over the weekend and when I put my thumb on top the putter sensor was turning off and not being picked up. Just what you want to be thinking about while putting - is my thumb messing up the Arccos sensor 🙂 

I also do not like the feel of the putter sensor versus the grip cap. I have some LAB putters coming and am debating what to do about the Arccos sensor.

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

I think Arccos sensors emit a very frequency pitch when activated (not sure how, maybe it's when there's excessive motion or when they're flipped upside down into playing position), so I suppose it's possible that when you cover them up with your thumb it makes it more difficult for your phone or Arccos link to hear it. 

I love Arccos and will definitely continue to use it, but to be honest I stopped using the putting sensor. The reason is that I had a number of missed strokes broomstick and normal, and also unless you're super meticulous about setting the pin location, your putting distances will be WAY off and it will throw off your strokes gained putting and around-the-green stats. I pace off all of my putts anyway, so it became a lot easier for me to simply enter the number of putts and each of their distances in Arccos on my walk/ride to the next hole anyway - their interface makes that quite easy. 

On 8/15/2023 at 11:21 AM, ewaldbeukes said:

Perpendicular, left arm parallel like McCarron video and right hand down the shaft with index finger running down grip (fairly normal RH grip). 

Sorry - late to this game.  I just got a broom - I am between 6'1"/2" and got a 45". At first I started with feet together and an open stance, that was good but I tended to pull a few left due to the open shoulders. I also had my left arm close to the body.

Since then I ended up doing my left arm just like Adam Scott with the left thumb on top of the shaft, but I am less bent over. Then it was what to do with the right arm. I do a standard grip with index finger down the shaft like you said, but my right arm was bent a bit. Then I ended up with the right arm straight and further down the shaft - then I just rock the shoulders. Now the only question is how much bend is in my back.

I think the broom takes a bit of time to figure out how it works for you. I am not really sure how you could do a normal fitting in a store unless they had a lot of variety of putters. I taped a FW shaft on a putter and started messing around and measuring length and angle 🙂 

So far so good for me with the broom

• Like 2

On 12/9/2023 at 10:26 AM, ajlacombe said:

Sorry - late to this game.  I just got a broom - I am between 6'1"/2" and got a 45". At first I started with feet together and an open stance, that was good but I tended to pull a few left due to the open shoulders. I also had my left arm close to the body.

Since then I ended up doing my left arm just like Adam Scott with the left thumb on top of the shaft, but I am less bent over. Then it was what to do with the right arm. I do a standard grip with index finger down the shaft like you said, but my right arm was bent a bit. Then I ended up with the right arm straight and further down the shaft - then I just rock the shoulders. Now the only question is how much bend is in my back.

I think the broom takes a bit of time to figure out how it works for you. I am not really sure how you could do a normal fitting in a store unless they had a lot of variety of putters. I taped a FW shaft on a putter and started messing around and measuring length and angle 🙂 

So far so good for me with the broom

That left elbow is the key. Have it pointed parallel left of the target. The rest is whatever you are comfortable with. Just like you said, takes time to figure what YOU are comfortable with. Rock the shoulders. Enjoy making WAY more putts! 

Kinda funny, almost every time I go to a course and practice putting I always get comments about it. People see me making so many and just have to say something. Lol. 

Edited by OspreyCI

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

16 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

That left elbow is the key. Have it pointed parallel left of the target. The rest is whatever you are comfortable with. Just like you said, takes time to figure what YOU are comfortable with. Rock the shoulders. Enjoy making WAY more putts! 

Kinda funny, almost every time I go to a course and practice putting I always get comments about it. People see me making so many and just have to say something. Lol. 

So I played my first round with teh MEZZ Max broomstick today.  I have practiced a ton with it on my green and was super confident heading in to the round.

Weather was a balmy 36º after lots of rain so kind of sloppy and wet greens with 8-10 mph winds - not the greatest.

Short putting was stellar. The thing I struggled with was getting the ball to the hole on longer putts. The impact even sounded dull - playing partners even commented on the lack of any sort of click - played ProV1 on the front and switched to the ProV1x on the back.

I made sure the putter face was clean and the click was better, but I still struggled hitting the putts hard enough - and I thought I was hammering the putts. I am guessing I was not rocking the shoulders and maybe was wristy?  Who knows

I still need to figure out what to do with the damned Arccos putter sensor because I do not want it on the ned of the putter

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ajlacombe said:

So I played my first round with teh MEZZ Max broomstick today.  I have practiced a ton with it on my green and was super confident heading in to the round.

Weather was a balmy 36º after lots of rain so kind of sloppy and wet greens with 8-10 mph winds - not the greatest.

Short putting was stellar. The thing I struggled with was getting the ball to the hole on longer putts. The impact even sounded dull - playing partners even commented on the lack of any sort of click - played ProV1 on the front and switched to the ProV1x on the back.

I made sure the putter face was clean and the click was better, but I still struggled hitting the putts hard enough - and I thought I was hammering the putts. I am guessing I was not rocking the shoulders and maybe was wristy?  Who knows

I still need to figure out what to do with the damned Arccos putter sensor because I do not want it on the ned of the putter

Just will take time to get the length of stroke for the length of putt. Longer ones take a little more time getting used to it. Shorter putters almost take a little acceleration where are a LAB Broom is more about length of stroke. I will say my lag putting has been the best part for me using a broom. Just give it time.

• Like 2

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Like to add to the thread…. I just can’t use any other right hand grip than just a normal putter grip. I try and try to make the pencil type (Glover/Scott) work and it just not for me for some reason. No clue why it does not. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

On 12/10/2023 at 4:33 PM, OspreyCI said:

Like to add to the thread…. I just can’t use any other right hand grip than just a normal putter grip. I try and try to make the pencil type (Glover/Scott) work and it just not for me for some reason. No clue why it does not. 

I have been practicing a ton after getting my MEZZ Max broom last week and keep experimenting with grip.  Left hand is dead set on left thumb on top of shaft.

For the right hand - my arm is extended fully down the shaft so it is pretty much straight. Tonight I thought I was doing the Lucas Glover grip and was not even in the same ball park, but I stumbled on something that feels great to me. Essentially it is a regular grip that you would take with an iron or wood with the right hand and then move your index finger from underneath the shaft to on top of the shaft so the shaft is running between the index and middle fingers.

Now it is a matter of how the index finger gets wrapped or just pointed out.  I kind of like just pointing it out. With the actual Glover grip I can not do that because I do not feel like I have any control over the putter and I need the control to move it back. With my current grip setup I feel like I have a solid triangle and the club is like an elephant trunk that I swing by rocking my shoulders. Distance is achieved by length and speed of teh rock - I think if neither of those it just happens

Also LAB gave me a 5-6 week estimate on an order placed 11 days ago and it is now being built - too cool. Then it will be another DF vs MM shootout. The short putts with the broom are incredibly automatic - way less thought on those.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ajlacombe said:

I have been practicing a ton after getting my MEZZ Max broom last week and keep experimenting with grip.  Left hand is dead set on left thumb on top of shaft.

For the right hand - my arm is extended fully down the shaft so it is pretty much straight. Tonight I thought I was doing the Lucas Glover grip and was not even in the same ball park, but I stumbled on something that feels great to me. Essentially it is a regular grip that you would take with an iron or wood with the right hand and then move your index finger from underneath the shaft to on top of the shaft so the shaft is running between the index and middle fingers.

Now it is a matter of how the index finger gets wrapped or just pointed out.  I kind of like just pointing it out. With the actual Glover grip I can not do that because I do not feel like I have any control over the putter and I need the control to move it back. With my current grip setup I feel like I have a solid triangle and the club is like an elephant trunk that I swing by rocking my shoulders. Distance is achieved by length and speed of teh rock - I think if neither of those it just happens

Also LAB gave me a 5-6 week estimate on an order placed 11 days ago and it is now being built - too cool. Then it will be another DF vs MM shootout. The short putts with the broom are incredibly automatic - way less thought on those.

Thanks for sharing. I have also experimented with the right hand like you are describing. I am with you on the Glover grip, no contrail when going back with it. Wrapping that index finger around really solidifies it. I’ll give it a shot again myself on my putting mat. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

7 hours ago, ajlacombe said:

You are gripping with the right hand exactly like I do which is Bernhard Langer style. IMHO it keeps the right hand out of the stroke. Promotes rocking of the shoulders.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

read some of this thread. Has been interesting to read about some of your guy's experience with these putters. Never have tried a broomstick style before, got the itch recently to test now, have a mezz max broom coming in from someone on here tomorrow. Look forward to practicing and seeing the differences. My biggest issues have been short putts and some days my stroke gets very handsy and jabby. Ive had many rounds this year where i was dialed in everywhere except putting. Hoping this can help me fix those issues when I adjust to the style. I feel like ive hesitated on trying a broom as its very unique and not the best looking style to many, but they have slowly grown on me seeing more winners with them in the bag. Also seems many videos Ive watched on people trying a broomstick, specifically a lab. They just can't accept that it may be a better option for them than a cooler regular putter.

3 hours ago, SaVo_ said:

read some of this thread. Has been interesting to read about some of your guy's experience with these putters. Never have tried a broomstick style before, got the itch recently to test now, have a mezz max broom coming in from someone on here tomorrow. Look forward to practicing and seeing the differences. My biggest issues have been short putts and some days my stroke gets very handsy and jabby. Ive had many rounds this year where i was dialed in everywhere except putting. Hoping this can help me fix those issues when I adjust to the style. I feel like ive hesitated on trying a broom as its very unique and not the best looking style to many, but they have slowly grown on me seeing more winners with them in the bag. Also seems many videos Ive watched on people trying a broomstick, specifically a lab. They just can't accept that it may be a better option for them than a cooler regular putter.

Haha - this made me think of my own journey with LAB. Tried the MEZZ then the DF 2.1 and originally thought there was no way I could ever putt with a branding iron, and ribbing about it being a branding iron will never stop but my caring about the ribbing did stop.  I do not even see anything wrong or out of the ordinary with any of my LAB Golf putters - their looks do not matter except that the size of the DF gives me a lot of confidence

Haha on "cooler" as well.  IMO coolness is in the ability of the player to roll the ball in teh hole with whatever they use and however they use it.

The broom is awesome one short putts since it is hard to manipulate it in the downswing. As Sam said it is a one handed swing and I think all issues with weirdness in teh putting stroke is the fact that you are using two hands to do something that is small - where a full swing is in general bigger than a putting stroke.

My only issue so far is when i have to really step on a putt to hit it a long way 30+ feet - I am not set in my ways yet to have that down under pressure - I kept leaving putts short.  I am sure that will dial in with more practice.  Good luck with your broom journey!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Played twice this weekend - typical winter golf so conditions were wet, windy and cold. Greens were aerated and bumpy. Mu broom stroke has been pretty good except the long putts and putts from off the green.

In yesterdays round I could not get the longer putts anywhere near the hole. Shorter putts continued to be very good.  Today was a different story. I missed one shorter one  by not hitting it hard enough and the break took it. 

I had a couple of 15'ers from off the green and nearly made them. I had a 50 footer from the fringe that I got to inside 2' and I putted one from the fairway about 15' off teh green and another 20' on - I put that inside 2' as well.

The issue has been feeling comfortable really rocking the shoulders to hit the long putts. When I practice I am not thinking nearly as much as I do when I play and thinking = bad for me 🙂 

My DF broom is still in production  and I can not wait to be able to have teh DF and MEZZ Max go head to head

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ajlacombe said:

Played twice this weekend - typical winter golf so conditions were wet, windy and cold. Greens were aerated and bumpy. Mu broom stroke has been pretty good except the long putts and putts from off the green.

In yesterdays round I could not get the longer putts anywhere near the hole. Shorter putts continued to be very good.  Today was a different story. I missed one shorter one  by not hitting it hard enough and the break took it. 

I had a couple of 15'ers from off the green and nearly made them. I had a 50 footer from the fringe that I got to inside 2' and I putted one from the fairway about 15' off teh green and another 20' on - I put that inside 2' as well.

The issue has been feeling comfortable really rocking the shoulders to hit the long putts. When I practice I am not thinking nearly as much as I do when I play and thinking = bad for me 🙂 

My DF broom is still in production  and I can not wait to be able to have teh DF and MEZZ Max go head to head

Great stuff man. After reading this, just get used to rocking to shoulders even more on 20-50 footers. Don’t get too handsy trying to create speed. Just rock the shoulders more or longer backswing is what I mean. Trying to artificially produce speed with a broom is where things go wrong. 

• Like 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

36 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

Great stuff man. After reading this, just get used to rocking to shoulders even more on 20-50 footers. Don’t get too handsy trying to create speed. Just rock the shoulders more or longer backswing is what I mean. Trying to artificially produce speed with a broom is where things go wrong. 

That was/is the problem - I am not generating it with anything but shoulders but that is new to me, so I was leaving them short because I obviously used my hands and arms for a regular putter. That was right in my face when I kept leaving them 10 feet short 😞 

IMO you can only learn to use the broom out on the course under pressure. I have practiced a ton but I can not practice 50 footers on a green that is only 32' long 🙂  This has been a ton of fun learning the broom - all of the comments/opinions have really helped make more progress than I could on my own.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

For you guys with the Lab broomstick, what head weight did you go with? 485, 500 (std), or 515 gm? I have rolled a few variations of the Odyssey 2 ball broomstick which have a 450 gm head weight. 500 gm seems super heavy. If you had the yips, I think you would want to go heavy. I don't struggle with my stroke/path. My thought was to go with the lighter 485 gm head. At the same time, I'm sure Lab decided on 500 gm as standard for a reason. 

• Like 1

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 60 6.5 / Aerojet LS 3 - AD TP 7X / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / Cobra Tour 5-P, RTX6 50 M KBS $ Taper HT S+ / 56F - KBS 610S / 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 S/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour

13 minutes ago, cw1209 said:

For you guys with the Lab broomstick, what head weight did you go with? 485, 500 (std), or 515 gm? I have rolled a few variations of the Odyssey 2 ball broomstick which have a 450 gm head weight. 500 gm seems super heavy. If you had the yips, I think you would want to go heavy. I don't struggle with my stroke/path. My thought was to go with the lighter 485 gm head. At the same time, I'm sure Lab decided on 500 gm as standard for a reason. 

I send my DF 2.1 Broom back and went heavier. Love it because I sucked at life and putting. Problem solved!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

On 5/15/2023 at 1:10 PM, Long Shot said:

I am just over 6 foot. I play a Lab Mezz Max in 46". I find it a good length for my height and posture. 

I have noticed from time to time if I get too much forward lean (actually very subtle), I start missing the sweet spot of the putter. Anyone else have this issue?

I have adjusted my length as the season progressed and I got more comfortable with this technique. I have landed at 44.5" and have had a good amount of success with it. 

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 9* Ventus Black 60x

Sim2 15* GD Tour Ad Hd 

Callaway X Hot pro 20* Hybrind Tour AD HD 95x

Srixon ZX-7 4-p Modus 120x

Vokey SM9 50, 54, 58

Lab Mezz Max C/B 

Well Santa  in the brown truck just dropped off  a box from Portland 🙂  I got the DF 2.1 Broomstick with the TPT shaft 79.5º lie and 46" length. My other LAB Broom is the MEZZ Max at 79.5º/45" and the same shaft.

First let me just say the headcover is really cool and the closure works "pretty" well - I wish they would adopt the flat across flat closure that Delila did for me. This closure is SO easy to open with one hand and the flap never gets hung up on the shaft

IMG_9323.jpg.29b93f79284227e429b0fd5498de772c.jpg

The I Believe cover fits well and looks sharp.

Man the DF 2.1 in orange is a stunner.  I also like the Lab split grip because the grip cap is concave so it feels good for my left thumb to rest there more-so than on the convex Winn grip on my other broom.

The feel of the putter is amazing rolling some balls inside.  I will try to get outside in a  bit to have a shootout between the two brooms.

The one thing I have realized over the last few days is that with the broom, I need to essentially lock down the hands, arms and shoulders at setup and the putting motion is the rocking of the shoulders only.  Not saying I am tense but that I am NOT flipping the wrists for power - the shoulder rock speed is the stroke. It is feeling more and more natural.  I will also make sure to stroke a bunch of long ones on the practice green before rounds to get a feel for longer backswings on those longer putts. Thank you to @labgolf for another great putter.

IMG_9322.jpg

IMG_9321.jpg

9FGV3.jpeg

uoUyQ.jpeg

• Like 4

On 12/21/2023 at 2:50 PM, ajlacombe said:

Well Santa  in the brown truck just dropped off  a box from Portland 🙂  I got the DF 2.1 Broomstick with the TPT shaft 79.5º lie and 46" length. My other LAB Broom is the MEZZ Max at 79.5º/45" and the same shaft.

First let me just say the headcover is really cool and the closure works "pretty" well - I wish they would adopt the flat across flat closure that Delila did for me. This closure is SO easy to open with one hand and the flap never gets hung up on the shaft

IMG_9323.jpg.29b93f79284227e429b0fd5498de772c.jpg

The I Believe cover fits well and looks sharp.

Man the DF 2.1 in orange is a stunner.  I also like the Lab split grip because the grip cap is concave so it feels good for my left thumb to rest there more-so than on the convex Winn grip on my other broom.

The feel of the putter is amazing rolling some balls inside.  I will try to get outside in a  bit to have a shootout between the two brooms.

The one thing I have realized over the last few days is that with the broom, I need to essentially lock down the hands, arms and shoulders at setup and the putting motion is the rocking of the shoulders only.  Not saying I am tense but that I am NOT flipping the wrists for power - the shoulder rock speed is the stroke. It is feeling more and more natural.  I will also make sure to stroke a bunch of long ones on the practice green before rounds to get a feel for longer backswings on those longer putts. Thank you to @labgolf for another great putter.

IMG_9322.jpg

IMG_9321.jpg

9FGV3.jpeg

uoUyQ.jpeg

Absolutely love the new setup! Congrats. Good to hear how you are getting along with the broom. My practice today went so good. Just rock the shoulders. 

Little tweak for all. If I get my left elbow pointing too much at the hole I feel like I push it a little. Worked on getting my left elbow PARALLEL to the target and it really helped. Just rolling it and over end. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Experienced Broomstick users how important is it for you to get your eyes directly over the golf ball? I have a 78 degree lie angle and I can be 1 ball to 2 balls inside the line sometimes. Didn’t think much of it till Will Zalatoris said something about getting his eyes over the ball so I was curious what everyone else thinks.  

Rogue ST Triple Diamond 9°/ Ventus Blue TR 7X
Ping G410 15.5°/ Tour AD DI 8x
Taylormade P790 UDI 2/ Ventus Blue 9x
Mizuno Pro 243/ N.S Pro Modus Tour 125s
Mizuno T22 Wedges 50°-55°-60°/ Project X 6.0 Wedge Shafts
Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

On 12/23/2023 at 1:35 PM, ohiogolfer58 said:

Experienced Broomstick users how important is it for you to get your eyes directly over the golf ball? I have a 78 degree lie angle and I can be 1 ball to 2 balls inside the line sometimes. Didn’t think much of it till Will Zalatoris said something about getting his eyes over the ball so I was curious what everyone else thinks.  

Oh man - this is a religion question - with a normal putter the supposed best position is slightly inside the line. I am not sure what to say with the broom. I do find that I need my eyes close to the line and that revolves around setup.

I set the putter and step into the putter. I am still getting used to it all. Today I struggled with sanded greens - the speed was inconsistent.  First putt just ran out of gas and finished on the lip from 15', second hole I drained a 20 footer and then made nothing the rest of the day.  I think your setup is key but you can not fret too much over exactnes of anything like eye position, but if your eye position is too far off you are going to tilt the putter and potentially scuff it and/or misshit the putt

Its coming for me but trying to change to the broom at this time of year has been tugh with bumpy greens.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2023 at 10:33 AM, wayward_points said:

I just scooped up a 2023 2Ball 10 Broomstick to try out. It is 48" but I think I am going to chop it to 44.5" (same as my driver) and throw a new grip on it. Excited to give this one a try before diving into a LAB Mezz 1 Max Sweeper. 

So you're the person that bought the one I saw on CPO.  😜    Obviously, that's completely in jest unless, of course, it's true in which case it's still in jest.  Hehe.

• Haha 2

Paradym Ai Smoke TD 10.5* (@ 9.5*) / Ventus Blue TR 6S

TM SIM2 Max 3HL 16.5* / Kuro Kage TiNi 70S

Paradym 5W 18* / GD Tour AD HD 7X

Ping G425 5H 26* / Ventus Velocore Blue HB 8S

Callaway '21 Apex Pro 5-PW / Fujikura Axiom 125X

Callaway JAWS 52*/56*/60* / KBS $-Taper 130 "8i Spinner"

Argolf Pendragon XL (Broomstick)

Snell MTB Black

Got to try a Mezz Max broom in PGA Tour Superstore today. Of course I was making absolutely everything.

My right hand ruins everything when I putt and the broom really kept it quiet. I may have to join the dark side.

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

23 hours ago, imkirby34 said:

So you're the person that bought the one I saw on CPO.  😜    Obviously, that's completely in jest unless, of course, it's true in which case it's still in jest.  Hehe.

Must have been me haha I'm planning on cutting it down to 44.5" and throwing a superstroke grip on it. That length seems to get my left arm parallel to the ground which from what I read is what you want. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 10:00 PM, ajlacombe said:

Arccos question for you - does the putter track with your thumb over the sensor? I tested a mocked up broom over the weekend and when I put my thumb on top the putter sensor was turning off and not being picked up. Just what you want to be thinking about while putting - is my thumb messing up the Arccos sensor 🙂 

I also do not like the feel of the putter sensor versus the grip cap. I have some LAB putters coming and am debating what to do about the Arccos sensor.

In short, the answer is no.  I used various broomstick last year and along with the sensor being covered by thumb and/or the putter face being so far from sensor, it RARELY picked up putt.  

This was the #1 reason I cancelled Arccoss for the upcoming season.  IMO, if it can't record your putts properly and are you constantly worried about pin locations, you aren't focused on what you should be focused on.  I'm a stat head but it became much to cumbersome around the green.  And IMO, if you aren't properly locating flag and proper distance of putts, ALL of the strokes gained data is skewed (approach, around the green AND putting).  They have a way to go on the tech before I fork over $150 again.