2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

2024 mizuno MP iron range

Stu1987

8 hours ago, Chirodad said:

Absolutely - it will be the Mizuno PO, not the order number from PGA-SS - Customer service was very good to help out.

Got the PO number and spoke to Mizuno. My set is in build and will ship by Friday. I guess the customer service number at PGA don’t really know lol…

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 9º Driver Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR1 4 Hybrid Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85S

Mizuno Pro 245 4-PW Dynamic Gold 105 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50º 12F Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM9 56º 12D Dynamic Gold S200

Ping PLD Anser 2D

Finally got to put the MP 243 and 245's through a proper demo session, along with the Blueprint S. My average ball speed with the 243 was only 1 mph less than the 245 and a current set of 225's that I have. All while launching around 1.5* higher and spinning a good bit more. The feel of the 243 was perfect to me as well. I liked both of them considerably more than the Blueprint, I just thought they felt considerably better. Placed an order for the 243.

• Like 3

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS1 IM/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

Ordered 245's on 2/20, delivered 3/15.

Ping PLD Anser 2D

Traded my zx7mkii/zforgedii Combo for 243’s. 

really like them so far. First round tomorrow as some courses are opening here in southern Alberta. 

have the modus 120s in them.. will see if those will be an issue, go so far. But I am use to heavier x flex shafts 

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

243 players 

do you notice a metallic “ping” sound when you hit the 4 iron? It is the only club that does this in the set for me…..

Tri-hot double wide 

On 3/16/2024 at 3:22 PM, Kale_m said:

Traded my zx7mkii/zforgedii Combo for 243’s. 

really like them so far. First round tomorrow as some courses are opening here in southern Alberta. 

have the modus 120s in them.. will see if those will be an issue, go so far. But I am use to heavier x flex shafts 

29 minutes ago, Kale_m said:

243 players 

do you notice a metallic “ping” sound when you hit the 4 iron? It is the only club that does this in the set for me…..

Did you get 120x? It feels much lighter than x100/mmt etc but it won’t swing that unfamiliar because all of the weight is down the bottom end as opposed to switching to something like a KBS or modus 130 where weight is in your hands and you get a bit of counterbalance. The only thing I’d say is that you need to let the shaft do the work. If you try to muscle it you’ll likely spray the ball - low lefts and high rights. If you let it do its thing you’ll notice a pretty goldilocks level of spin and peak height with strong ball speed. Also re the 4i I did not notice that .. sounds weird to me. 

Edited by Tree Levino

23 minutes ago, Tree Levino said:

Did you get 120x? It feels much lighter than x100/mmt etc but it won’t swing that unfamiliar because all of the weight is down the bottom end as opposed to switching to something like a KBS or modus 130 where weight is in your hands and you get a bit of counterbalance. The only thing I’d say is that you need to let the shaft do the work. If you try to muscle it you’ll likely spray the ball - low lefts and high rights. If you let it do its thing you’ll notice a pretty goldilocks level of spin and peak height with strong ball speed. Also re the 4i I did not notice that .. sounds weird to me. 

120s

they feel good so far, hope they work out .

we will see I guess

prefer the look of them at address 

More compared to the srixon combo set 

Tri-hot double wide 

I'm still playing my combo'd 223's happily [7-GW 223, 5-6 225 - SF110 Reg +0.75"].  The 243's I picked up [5-P, KBS Tour S 120 +0.5"] are amazing when I flush them, and the added PW loft/distance definitely helps my gapping.  I'm just still more consistent and higher flight on average with the Steelfibers.  Tempted to swap shafts and see, but I don't think there will be much benefit to be had.

Hit 243, 241, Blueprint S, and 221 today. I preferred Blueprint S to 243. I did not love 241 and out of all 221 was the best iron I hit. Ridiculously consistent and actually kept up to the 243 and BPS speed wise. Anybody else think the 221 was better than the 241? Lower spin and a bit quicker for me - no idea why. 

1 hour ago, Tree Levino said:

Hit 243, 241, Blueprint S, and 221 today. I preferred Blueprint S to 243. I did not love 241 and out of all 221 was the best iron I hit. Ridiculously consistent and actually kept up to the 243 and BPS speed wise. Anybody else think the 221 was better than the 241? Lower spin and a bit quicker for me - no idea why. 

Ridiculously sold my 221. I found them to be relatively easy to hit and distance wise similar to other player CBs. plus they felt great. 

1 hour ago, 1puttTUT said:

I got the 245 gap wedge in today after ordering it on 2/27.

It looks fantastic. Unfortunately the weather is trash this week, but I should be able to use it on vacation next week in NC as long as we can avoid the rain I'm seeing in the extended forecast. 

Really wanting to know how the gapping is in the real world with the 9-pw-gw being 5 degrees apart. 

Driver - JPX 900 9.5
Fairway - Mp 650 15
Irons - MP H4 2-3
- Mp 64 4-7
- Mp 4 8-pw
Wedges -MP T7 54 + 60
Putter - Mp T106

Shouldn’t be any issues with the gapping at 5’ apart. I’ve been playing irons like that for the last 4-5 yrs at least and it’s usually a 15’ yd gap. If I need anything in between I hit knockdown shots 

• Like 2

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (10.5d) - Ventus Blue Velocore 6s (44.75")

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

Ordered a set 3-3 (Sunday) received today 3-21 (Thursday)…so 18 days and that includes 5 weekend days which I think is pretty good on a custom order.

Now another post coming I need help with… 

So as above my buddies order came in today and they’re beautiful 245’s (4-Pw), but here’s my dilemma and I want your alls input. 

Would I be dumb considering a set made up like this: 923 HMP (5 & 6) 1’ weak and then 245 (7-Gw) standard loft?  Just thinking long term that the extra forgiveness/clubhead size in the two long irons would be more beneficial for me long term. The 7-Gw look great but 5, 6 slightly smaller than I’m wanting in the long irons. 

Fire away!

10 hours ago, eddiebigeddie said:

So as above my buddies order came in today and they’re beautiful 245’s (4-Pw), but here’s my dilemma and I want your alls input. 

Would I be dumb considering a set made up like this: 923 HMP (5 & 6) 1’ weak and then 245 (7-Gw) standard loft?  Just thinking long term that the extra forgiveness/clubhead size in the two long irons would be more beneficial for me long term. The 7-Gw look great but 5, 6 slightly smaller than I’m wanting in the long irons. 

Fire away!

Hit them first , you might be suprised 

Tri-hot double wide 

13 hours ago, eddiebigeddie said:

Fire away!

I find the 5 and 6 iron so damn easy to hit. But experimenting is fun and that one doesn't sound too expensive. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AvgSlicer said:

Order just placed for 245 6-G coming from zx5 mkii. They seemed to be pretty comparable forgiveness  wise when testing 

You typically play 6-G?  Just curious to the order for 6-G as I’m contemplating how to split up a set to order. 5-G, 6-G or 7-G. 

25 minutes ago, eddiebigeddie said:

You typically play 6-G?  Just curious to the order for 6-G as I’m contemplating how to split up a set to order. 5-G, 6-G or 7-G. 

I also went 6-G on mine.  The lofts are strong so it’s really like a 5-PW.  I’m questioning my 6 iron to be honest.  I hit the 7 so well, but the 6 is very inconsistent for me.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eddiebigeddie said:

I actually usually play 5-G (current zx5’s) but I thought with a second kid on the way and not much time to practice why not make it easier and replace the 5 with a hybrid. At least I can always add the 5 at a later time worst case

35 minutes ago, AvgSlicer said:

I actually usually play 5-G (current zx5’s) but I thought with a second kid on the way and not much time to practice why not make it easier and replace the 5 with a hybrid. At least I can always add the 5 at a later time worst case

Gotcha and understand. Well, I just placed an order a few minutes ago. Going with 5-G and think I figured out how to make it work. We’ll see once they come in and we get out on the course. The offset in the 5 & 6 was messing with my eyes so ordered those both 1 strong to add offset and the 7-G regular as those looked perfect. 

Edited by eddiebigeddie
  • Like 2

On 3/19/2024 at 4:19 PM, Nismottgtr said:

Really wanting to know how the gapping is in the real world with the 9-pw-gw being 5 degrees apart. 

We'll find out when the courses open up here, it'll be the first thing I test. The gapping in the sim hasn't been as 'bang-on' as I wanted to see. That said, it'll just be a matter or a tweak to the loft here or there.

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

I ordered a set of 245 on 2/26 and received them 3/20. They were a custom order +1/2 inch over standard length and 1* weak.

I requested D2 swing weight and unfortunately they came in at D5 and the Mizuno spec sheet said they used there standard A heads not the lightweight B heads.

The shop I ordered them from called today and said they spoke to the Mizuno rep and the rep stated that do not have B head-weights in the new MP 24X line which seems odd to me. Ive played Mizuno for the last 20 years and that has never been the case. They said the only thing they can do is send them back to Mizuno and remove the +1/2 which I'm not willing to do nor do I want to back-weight with heavier grip to trick the SW scale.

Can anyone else confirm this is the case?

I made the exact same order but 243. Mind don't feel like that heavy of a swingweight, but I'll see if my club has a SW scale to check on. 

I will say my grips were put on terribly. I did +2 wraps & Lamkin UTX, and they're almost all crooked. My 5 iron grip is roughly 45* turned to the left. 

• Like 1

Ping G400
Ping Anser 3W
Ping Anser 3H
Ping i210 4-PW DGTI X100
Ping Glide 50*
Ping Glide 3.0 54* Eye2
Ping Glide 2.0 60* E/S
Ping Vault Anser 2

2 hours ago, gjunky said:

I ordered a set of 245 on 2/26 and received them 3/20. They were a custom order +1/2 inch over standard length and 1* weak.

I requested D2 swing weight and unfortunately they came in at D5 and the Mizuno spec sheet said they used there standard A heads not the lightweight B heads.

The shop I ordered them from called today and said they spoke to the Mizuno rep and the rep stated that do not have B head-weights in the new MP 24X line which seems odd to me. Ive played Mizuno for the last 20 years and that has never been the case. They said the only thing they can do is send them back to Mizuno and remove the +1/2 which I'm not willing to do nor do I want to back-weight with heavier grip to trick the SW scale.

Can anyone else confirm this is the case?

It is interesting you say this. I came from JPX923F with the same shafts, same lengths everything, and just based on feel i think the swing weight is totally different than my JPX923F's so I am not getting on with my 245's just yet. 

I spoke to Mizuno and with my build they should average around D2.5 throughout the set ranging from D2 to D3. My 245's are also a bit longer than my 923F's and should not be, which is strange, as I ordered everything standard.

I am going to bring them in to have the swing weights checked.

Edited by alexc93

Ping PLD Anser 2D