2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Full Swing KIT Member Experience and Testing! Follow Along Here!

27 minutes ago, double or triple? said:

recommendation is to add multiple drivers to you bag instead of changing clubs because the system is calibrated to look for ball in certain windows based on the club you select. Driver is different set up compared to fairways 

I guess my concern with this is adding multiple drivers doesnt change color code so how do I differentiate? I asked full swing about this and said it was a feature that might come later 🤷🏼‍♂️

is that the same with my utility iron? Seems a little off since it’s not a hybrid or standard iron that I would be getting such different numbers with the same swing

Edited by cocolamb22

Ping G430 LST 9° w/ GD AD-VF 7 TX
Taylormade SIM TI 15° w/ GD AD-DI 8X

Srixon u85 2-Iron w/ MMT 100
Ping Blueprint S 4-W, Ping s159 50°S w/ KBS $Taper 125
Ping Glide 4.0 54°s, Vokey SM9 60°T with Modus 125 Wedge
L.A.B. Mezz 1 w/ACCRA

Titleist ProV1 / AVX / Z-Star ♦

On 1/30/2024 at 12:47 PM, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Thanks for the help, one other question.  Will videos only show on the device you used for that session.  Meaning if I use my I pad for  a session, the videos won't show on my I phone if I go to review that session later, that is the way it is for me, is that correct?

The app data syncs with the cloud, so you should be able to access your shots and videos from any device using the FS app. 

If you have the premium plan, it will save all historic sessions & videos. If not, there’s a cap on how many videos will be available. 

• Like 2

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 9* |  Ventus Blue Velo 6S

TaylorMade Stealth+ 3W   | Ventus Blue Velo 7S

Titleist TSR3 5W | Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist TSR2 4H  |  Graphite Design AD-DI 85S

Titleist T150 5 - GW | Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105X

TaylorMade MG3 54*  58* | Dynamic Gold S400

TaylorMade Spider GT Notchback

Titleist Pro V1 | Srixon Z-Star Diamond

47 minutes ago, zap311 said:

The app data syncs with the cloud, so you should be able to access your shots and videos from any device using the FS app. 

If you have the premium plan, it will save all historic sessions & videos. If not, there’s a cap on how many videos will be available. 

I do have the Premium.  So far I  can see the sessions on both devices but only see the videos on the device I was using during that session.   I tried using both the I phone and I pad during the last session and the I phone —the 2nd one o tried to connect wouldn’t connect.  

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

5 hours ago, cocolamb22 said:

I guess my concern with this is adding multiple drivers doesnt change color code so how do I differentiate? I asked full swing about this and said it was a feature that might come later 🤷🏼‍♂️

is that the same with my utility iron? Seems a little off since it’s not a hybrid or standard iron that I would be getting such different numbers with the same swing

You can filter the clubs using the "Y" like symbol in the Dispersion tab of Sessions. That allows you to see All, club 1 only, club 2 only, club 3 only or a mix depending on what you filter out or in.

Yeah, not having the color makes it less than ideal to compare the same clubs

I would not recommend using different clubs to represent different drivers though

@zap311 @hartrick11 @double or triple? @Carolina Golfer 2

Hey, do any of your guys use KIT in the range at night? Riley and I noticed our units are somewhat inaccurate at times especially with the drivers when using KIT at the range with the lights? Mid irons and in are fine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

6 hours ago, cocolamb22 said:

I was testing shafts recently and made three different drivers (named them after the shaft) so I could switch between them and collect the desired data sets.  It was pretty easy.  Yes, it would be cool to have color coded, but all I really need is the different data sets. @SwingBlues for the tip ✌️

Edited by Avidswampthing66
  • Like 1

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

8 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

You can filter the clubs using the "Y" like symbol in the Dispersion tab of Sessions. That allows you to see All, club 1 only, club 2 only, club 3 only or a mix depending on what you filter out or in.

I would not recommend using different clubs to represent different drivers though

Hey, do any of your guys use KIT in the range at night? Riley and I noticed our units are somewhat inaccurate at times especially with the drivers when using KIT at the range with the lights? Mid irons and in are fine

I only wish we had a decent range around with lights.  Our sister couese is building a very nice range with lights and Top Tracer and little bar/snack bar overlooking it.  But doesn’t start construction in it until this summer. 

Vokey

53 minutes ago, MikekiM said:

Quick question for those that have been using this, can this easily be used on course if I just want carry numbers and spin during approach shots and par 3's?

Not too concerned with alignment on those type of shots, mostly just the carry and spin.

I thinking I can just set it down and hit like with a GC4?

yes and no. Yes in that it’s very easy to use on course no problem. No in that you need to set target on screen using your phone app (unless your not using the app and using onboard controls). Also as discussed previously you have to note club being used in order to have proper window for radar. But I’ve used mainly on course and it’s very simple and quick to use 

2 hours ago, double or triple? said:

yes and no. Yes in that it’s very easy to use on course no problem. No in that you need to set target on screen using your phone app (unless your not using the app and using onboard controls). Also as discussed previously you have to note club being used in order to have proper window for radar. But I’ve used mainly on course and it’s very simple and quick to use 

Edit....

Got what you are saying about selecting the club and that its easy and simple to use. 

Edited by wfrogge1

On 2/11/2024 at 8:31 PM, SwingBlues said:

I haven't used the KIT at a range at night, but I can definitely do that pretty easily so will try to get out to one in the next week or so and report back.

• Like 2

Driver:  TSi3 10* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: TSi2 14.25* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Hybrid | Utility: TSi2 19* w/ AD IZ 95x | P790 UDI w/ KBS PGI 100

Irons: P7 Combo (790 4i, 770 5-7i, MC 8-p)

Wedges: SM7 52 F, 58 M w/ Modus 125S

Putter:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

21 minutes ago, Fran83 said:

If I'm hitting off a mat in the range, do I need to raise the FSK to the same height as the mat?

There is about 40mm different from the ground to the hitting area on the mat.

The FSK is 40mm below the mat for reference.

In a message from the FSK support team: "Often times we'll elevate the Kit slightly above the hitting surface by less than an inch, such as a thick magazine, or piece of thick plywood."

Ping G430 LST 9° w/ GD AD-VF 7 TX
Taylormade SIM TI 15° w/ GD AD-DI 8X

Srixon u85 2-Iron w/ MMT 100
Ping Blueprint S 4-W, Ping s159 50°S w/ KBS $Taper 125
Ping Glide 4.0 54°s, Vokey SM9 60°T with Modus 125 Wedge
L.A.B. Mezz 1 w/ACCRA

Titleist ProV1 / AVX / Z-Star ♦

2 hours ago, Fran83 said:

If I'm hitting off a mat in the range, do I need to raise the FSK to the same height as the mat?

There is about 40mm different from the ground to the hitting area on the mat.

The FSK is 40mm below the mat for reference.

Take an old club towel, lay that flat on the ground where you want to sit KIT. Open up the KIT clam shell case and lay it flatside down on the towel.

You now have 2 heights to elevate your KIT. I often use the taller one. Don't think it makes too much diff...

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

26 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

Take an old club towel, lay that flat on the ground where you want to sit KIT. Open up the KIT clam shell case and lay it flatside down on the towel.

You now have 2 heights to elevate your KIT. I often use the taller one. Don't think it makes too much diff...

I haven't been elevating mine from the concrete to above the mat.  Now I know why I'm missing 30 yards 🙂

• Haha 1

Vokey

1 hour ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

I haven't been elevating mine from the concrete to above the mat.  Now I know why I'm missing 30 yards 🙂

32... 33

😁 & 🍻

• Like 1

Thanks for the feed back, my numbers all seemed very low for type of the shot shapes I'm experiencing. 

I'll elevate the unit tomorrow and see if it's and better.

Does the colour of the ball also matter? We have yellow and really bright yellow.

I'm trying to see what factors could affect the FSK.

Edited by Fran83

On 2/14/2024 at 3:17 PM, Fran83 said:

Thanks for the feed back, my numbers all seemed very low for type of the shot shapes I'm experiencing. 

I'll elevate the unit tomorrow and see if it's and better.

Does the colour of the ball also matter? We have yellow and really bright yellow.

I'm trying to see what factors could affect the FSK.

If you're at the range - the quality of the ball makes a world of difference. Pick the best to hit

Hey fellas, quick question for Full Swing golf kit users. Just started the process of building my home simulator.  I have the Full Swing machine but that's it so far. I've been using a net for a year. Does anybody have any suggestions on which company to use for the screen etc. I did the initial design with Carls but haven't pulled the trigger. I got a bunch of suggestions from everyone out there but I wanted some ideas from Full Swing users. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Or just point me in the right direction if there is a Full Swing users simulator build forum. I wouldn't mind having it installed either, but I was trying to keep the budget around 5-10k. Thanks. 

• Like 1

It seems like the feedback here is that if your hitting at the range with normal range balls (not all country clubs/ranges have premium balls) that your numbers will be SKU'd and not normalized.  That is the only factor that keeps me from wanting to invest in a cheaper unit like this as the only other option would be using it only on the course with a premium ball or setting up a SIM with premium ball to which a radar rangefinder isn't better than a quad for example indoors.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, mliedtke02 said:

It seems like the feedback here is that if your hitting at the range with normal range balls (not all country clubs/ranges have premium balls) that your numbers will be SKU'd and not normalized.  That is the only factor that keeps me from wanting to invest in a cheaper unit like this as the only other option would be using it only on the course with a premium ball or setting up a SIM with premium ball to which a radar rangefinder isn't better than a quad for example indoors.

There is no way any company can accurately normalize a range ball. There is too wild a variance in quality, condition, flight limiting and no standard to this measurement, etc...

What I have found with the FSK is that with range balls the ball speed numbers and spin are spot on with other units.  On the range the only data points I care about are club path (path to target), and AoA. To be honest it's more than good enough for the other data points given that the balls at my range are mixed with limited flight, new balls, and warn out balls. 

Edited by wfrogge1
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 8:31 AM, wfrogge1 said:

There is no way any company can accurately normalize a range ball. There is too wild a variance in quality, condition, flight limiting and no standard to this measurement, etc...

What I have found with the FSK is that with range balls the ball speed numbers and spin are spot on with other units.  On the range the only data points I care about are club path (path to target), and AoA. To be honest it's more than good enough for the other data points given that the balls at my range are mixed with limited flight, new balls, and warn out balls. 

This is true and all that I truly care about as well.  However, FS claims they are working on it so time will tell.  If they can create an average, with extensive data sets, then I do believe it's possible.  *Most cheap range balls are just hard two piece surlyn golf balls.

Edited by Avidswampthing66

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

4 hours ago, Granto86 said:

Can you export data yet? I havent used mine in a while and want to compare data with my R10.

Yes, you can use the share icon to open in a browser and from there, you can export a CSV file. This is for a specific session, but there’s no way to export cumulative club data yet. 

If you go back a few pages, I posted a screenshot for this. 

Edited by zap311
  • Like 2

On 2/28/2024 at 8:26 AM, IHaverGolf said:

Any word on dynamic loft or other metrics being added to the current data points?

i don't know if this has been asked before, but I'd love to see Descent Angle added.   

• Like 1

Vokey

14 hours ago, jfeldt7 said:

Just saw on the app update details that it says we can change the color per club now. Looking forward to trying that out tomorrow!

Nice, thanks for the heads-up. Yep, it's here.

This is the App Store info:

2024-03-0200_33_14.png.05756152cbbf355893310a986d3bd9af.png

My Bag, you can change the color of the new club and also existing clubs:

2024-03-0200_34_34.png.a1ce241ab2d879fcb3490232dfd8fb62.png

Pick your color:

2024-03-0200_34_42.png.75e33a82ed2d23f42ead10157c84a0b3.png

Also, all your past sessions will also reflect the colors you chose for My Bag. Here's my old Session comparing the Forged Tec X and JPX 921 8i iron:

2024-03-0200_51_55.png.d699c41147e91ac42621c1babbdca305.png

While its a really nice to now have this feature, it really should have been a Day 1 release

Now, if we can only get a Range Ball Normalization in the next firmware update. I think its about due (seems like 3 to 4 months per Release), Last release was Nov 2023 for 1.21

What say you @FullSwingSimulators

😉

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 2

I just updated the app as well and it was very easy to change colors from the My Bag section. Here’s a screenshot from a past session that makes it much easier to compare results. 

IMG_8961.png

Edited by zap311
  • Like 3

On 3/2/2024 at 2:47 AM, SwingBlues said:

Nice, thanks for the heads-up. Yep, it's here.

This is the App Store info:

2024-03-0200_33_14.png.05756152cbbf355893310a986d3bd9af.png

My Bag, you can change the color of the new club and also existing clubs:

2024-03-0200_34_34.png.a1ce241ab2d879fcb3490232dfd8fb62.png

Pick your color:

2024-03-0200_34_42.png.75e33a82ed2d23f42ead10157c84a0b3.png

Also, all your past sessions will also reflect the colors you chose for My Bag. Here's my old Session comparing the Forged Tec X and JPX 921 8i iron:

2024-03-0200_51_55.png.d699c41147e91ac42621c1babbdca305.png

While its a really nice to now have this feature, it really should have been a Day 1 release

Now, if we can only get a Range Ball Normalization in the next firmware update. I think its about due (seems like 3 to 4 months per Release), Last release was Nov 2023 for 1.21

What say you @FullSwingSimulators

😉

Now we're cooking!  This was probably my chief complaint with FS.  Now we need normalization for the range, and shot shape added to the swing video (wouldn't that be SICK!!)

• Like 2

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

10 hours ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Now we're cooking!  This was probably my chief complaint with FS.  Now we need normalization for the range, and shot shape added to the swing video (wouldn't that be SICK!!)

On Thursday when i did my 2nd session after the uodate, for the first 2-3 shots i saw a path line on the grid that ended where the shot did.   Then after 4-5 shots it waa gone snd i never saw kt again. I swear i wasn’t drinking 😬

• Haha 3

Vokey