2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Full Swing KIT Member Experience and Testing! Follow Along Here!

Good to see Trottie working with the Full Swing KIT

I LOVE Trottie's methodology here -- going from SW, through odd number clubs to driver and back down through the even number clubs

"The more you keep on top of the numbers, the more you keep on top of your loft and lie..."

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

On 8/21/2023 at 1:46 PM, zap311 said:

It's a small sample size, but I've used FSK with E6 and initially had the same problem. Using standard golf balls, the E6 distances were 1-2 clubs longer, so I would airmail the green. As an experiment, I switched to the RCT ball and it did seem to result in more accurate distances. It was only 9 holes, so perhaps a coincidence. In any case, I would give it a try.

I know that when you're using FSK in normal mode, you need to select the RCT ball, but I did not see a way to do this in E6.

You just select RCT ball on the FSK when you are in normal mode, and then switch on E6. When FSK is in E6 you should see the little RCT symbol at the top of the screen. I emailed FS and that is what they told me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had a success with hooking the FSK up to a tv or projection screen? If so can you ushare how this is done. I have been able to connect the E6 to my ipad, but not sure how to get it on the projector or tv.

Ping G430 Max 9* Ventus Black 60x

Sim2 15* GD Tour Ad Hd 

Callaway X Hot pro 20* Hybrind Tour AD HD 95x

Srixon ZX-7 4-p Modus 120x

Vokey SM9 50, 54, 58

Lab Mezz Max C/B 

9 hours ago, omdahl said:

iOS only? FAIL!

Meh, nope, can't agree & I have all Android phones & 2 iPads

We've (WRX group experience) brought this up with Full Swing so they're aware of a need. They're working on it as well as the other requests so who knows the priority given for Android

But also, the iOS app is pretty well built & pretty thoughtful in design. I use the IPad for the screen size & visibility. I think using a phone app is too small but that's my opinion

I prefer an IPad over an Android pad as well, funny enough

My 2c

• Like 1

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

8 hours ago, Long Shot said:

Has anyone had a success with hooking the FSK up to a tv or projection screen? If so can you ushare how this is done. I have been able to connect the E6 to my ipad, but not sure how to get it on the projector or tv.

Yes, there are a few ways for this:

1. you can cast from your from your iPad/iPhone to your TV if it is an AirPlay enabled TV

2. if you have an Apple TV connected to your TV/projector, cast via AirPlay/Screen Mirror to the AppleTV

3. Use an HDMI cord from projector/TV with an adapter to USB-C or Lightning end (depending on iPad/iPhone model) to run from TV/projector to your iPad/iPhone.

For USB-c iPads, we have seen this be a good solve as an option for this set up:

https://a.co/d/iDtGbD3, we have also used an HDMI extender cable to get from projector to your iPad as well (plenty of lengths to choose from out there depending on your setup.

• Like 4

These kits are fantastic.put out of range for me. But I think they are cool.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I’d love to see an option of a range were I could see the entire ball flight. A second request would be a gapping feature similar to what trackman has. Other than that, I’m really happy with my unit!

Edited by cocolamb22
  • Like 1

Ping G430 LST 9° w/ GD AD-VF 7 TX
Taylormade SIM TI 15° w/ GD AD-DI 8X

Srixon u85 2-Iron w/ MMT 100
Ping Blueprint S 4-W, Ping s159 50°S w/ KBS $Taper 125
Ping Glide 4.0 54°s, Vokey SM9 60°T with Modus 125 Wedge
L.A.B. Mezz 1 w/ACCRA

Titleist ProV1 / AVX / Z-Star ♦

11 hours ago, FullSwingSimulators said:

Yes, there are a few ways for this:

1. you can cast from your from your iPad/iPhone to your TV if it is an AirPlay enabled TV

2. if you have an Apple TV connected to your TV/projector, cast via AirPlay/Screen Mirror to the AppleTV

3. Use an HDMI cord from projector/TV with an adapter to USB-C or Lightning end (depending on iPad/iPhone model) to run from TV/projector to your iPad/iPhone.

For USB-c iPads, we have seen this be a good solve as an option for this set up:

https://a.co/d/iDtGbD3, we have also used an HDMI extender cable to get from projector to your iPad as well (plenty of lengths to choose from out there depending on your setup.

Awesome thank you! Setting up an indoor station in anticipation of the colder months. I Love my FSK. In the 10 weeks of having this device It has helped both me as a player, and probably more importantly my HS players. I have always coached a traditionally strong golf team here in NY (strong relative to Northeastern Teams).  But the FSK has really helped me accelerate their progress (it’s tough to make big swing fixes and changes in season). However  I find face angle, path and face to path to be so helpful in addressing small issues day to day with the kids, as well as pinpoint errors and corrections in swings. I have invested time with the kids to them understanding these numbers as well as attack angle, and several other data points. Kids ball striking has steadily improved as has understanding of their swing, data, and causation/relationships leading to their fault patterns. (Also helpful our head pro at course also used FSK so we have two to use daily), so between the two of us the kids have really garnered an understanding of ball-flight data and how it influences their swing.  Kids have really grasped the concept of controlling the face of their club (and not steering it with their hands either cause they quickly saw that doesn’t work). I think you guys would get a kick at sitting back at the range and watching the kids with two FSKs just playing with their feet alignments, face alignments and basically learning by feel and feedback how to hit draws and fades etc. By teaching the kids how to understand their data, it has really unleashed a great curiosity in them, and I have seen an improvement on course. Proud to say two of my seniors are headed to PGM programs next fall, and they have a good head start just by using this machine day in and out.  Big thanks to Garret who is always texting me back when I have some questions on data points and the swing. You guys are great!!! My daughter plays out at SDSU would love to catch up when I’m out there. 

• Like 3

Ping G430 Max 9* Ventus Black 60x

Sim2 15* GD Tour Ad Hd 

Callaway X Hot pro 20* Hybrind Tour AD HD 95x

Srixon ZX-7 4-p Modus 120x

Vokey SM9 50, 54, 58

Lab Mezz Max C/B 

UPDATE - I left my FSK for 2 weeks while I was out of country. Came back and it only lost 3% in charge. Very good.

Also @FullSwingSimulators any idea when the next firmware update will be and what are the improvements, if you don't mind me asking? Seems like 3 to 4 months between updates but looking forward especially range ball normalization (seems to be the most popular request at the moment)

Personally, I would love an ability to put in some notes per session. Kinda sucks to try and remember what was done on what date unless I track this on someother note app.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/24/2023 at 1:05 PM, hartrick11 said:

Path and face to path are the two metrics I am most interested in, so I set my monitor to show those two statistics for every shot, along with carry and backspin (you can pick as few a 1 and as many as 4 stats to show right on the screen of the monitor, which means you don't have to take your phone and look at it after each shot if you don't want to).

As for accuracy, I had one shot with my driver (out of around 20 driver shots) where path was fine but face to path didn't make sense; everything else matched my feels & ball flight results perfectly. This was before I was in the bay that also had the GCQ and Trackman setup, though. When I was in the "competition bay" the Full Swing was bang on with the others, although I did have one shot where the Trackman just didn't show a value for face to path.

In speaking with their team, the path and face to path numbers have gotten more dialed in with recent software updates, so it sounds like they may not have been great before but they seem fine now; I plan to focus on this a lot in my testing, because I totally agree: accurate numbers, especially including the more advanced face and path numbers, for $5k, would represent a real disruption in this market.

Any data to show this from you or others?  As an instructor, these would be two of my most important variables, thanks guys

This still has to be one of the best trips in a while by WRX. 

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

2 hours ago, IHaverGolf said:

Any data to show this from you or others?  As an instructor, these would be two of my most important variables, thanks guys

Are you looking for data-driven comparisons vs quad/trackman? If so, I do not have that outside of our experience at the Grand…happy to answer any questions qualitatively though. I have continued to be impressed with the data that I get, though lately it’s just been confirming my struggles to hit a proper cut with my long irons… If you’re primarily using this outside, in my opinion you aren’t going to see any difference between what KIT and the other two offer, which speaks volumes given the massive price differences. I believe Full Swing also offers a 30 day money back guarantee so it seems like reduced risk for an instructor to try it out. 

• Like 2

Driver:  TSi3 10* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: TSi2 14.25* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Hybrid | Utility: TSi2 19* w/ AD IZ 95x | P790 UDI w/ KBS PGI 100

Irons: P7 Combo (790 4i, 770 5-7i, MC 8-p)

Wedges: SM7 52 F, 58 M w/ Modus 125S

Putter:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

I love mine and continue to use it! Mostly now I look at ball speed after every shot to see how solidly I hit it. Always want to keep an eye on my AOA which can get steep. It is nice to see face to path too. Also, it's really helped to dial in club fitting/gapping issues in my bag. I feel like I have my bag set up perfectly after using my FSK for many months now.

• Like 3

$$$$

On 7/2/2023 at 6:45 PM, SwingBlues said:

Congratz 👍

You'll love the 16 data points and it's accuracy. We had it agains the BIG BOYS and it shined. I have the GC3 myself I much prefer the FSK for its sheer portability and it's radar.

I think what I have seen so far, Full Swing has been really responsive with its firmware updates. Make sure you have the 1.20 (12) firmware update, that's the latest

PS that is ONE HECK of a view for a range, what course is that, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks for the reference to the newest update, do you find this has sorted out any spin axis, face and path issues?

4 hours ago, IHaverGolf said:

Thanks for the reference to the newest update, do you find this has sorted out any spin axis, face and path issues?

If you go back to my review post on this thread (post #3), I l did a comparison with a Foresight GC3 and KIT running 1.20(10) running through PW, 8 iron and driver.

I threw up photo screen shots of GC3 LCD and what the Full Swing app was showing

Back then even with the (10) version, I did not see anything off. Look in the section (about 1/2 way down the post), if you have not already:

FULL SWING KIT compared to Foresight GC3

Now I did not have the Foresight app because I don't own the unit so I had to rely on the 12 data elements shown on the GC3 LCD and I screenshot those

In summary, ball numbers are spot on - spin, ball and club speed, carry. Very minor differences for example club path. However, I don't think I was that ubber precise in my GC3 alignment either so may be that present differences in the teeny weeny degree differences

Unfortunately I had to return the GC3 back to my friend but I've seen enough to trust KIT with the difference. I think at the end of the day, if you want those numbers you have to properly align the unit and give the golfer a definitive target line. It's so easy to be slightly off especially when you run 2 units

Hope this helps

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was inspired by another forum thread and decided to give everyone an update of my original review (here). I have now had the Full Swing KIT for 5 months and here's what I've found:

What I love: 

• I love bringing my KIT to the range. I go to the range 1-2x per week and my sessions are always significantly more valuable with the KIT on hand. I find it easy to grab on my way out and, if I remove the case, it can also fit in my bag garment pocket. On the range, I set the 4 on-screen data points to what I'm working on that day. Typically, I'm looking at data points like launch angle, club path, AoA, and apex. In addition, I love looking at the video recording of my swing to help me see what might be happening on a given shot. It only takes 2 minutes to setup and I never have to worry about leveling....just set target and pick my club. I find the app very easy to use in this setting and the data is accurate, verified by distances from my rangefinder and video of path, peak height, etc.
  • I love that you can hit shots and view data on the launch monitor without using the app. It's really nice to be able to share the KIT with others on the range or on-course where you can just look at those main 4 data points without having to create a session. That said, I'd like to see an easier way to do this in app as well.

What I like: 

• I like the option of bringing the KIT on course, though I find that I can't do this as often as I'd like. If I'm in a foursome on a public course, I feel like I'm going to hold groups up. If I'm playing as a 2some on a private course or it's not a busy day, then I like the ability to measure my on-course results. That said, I don't find this as valuable as the range sessions. 
  • I like the ability to use the KIT as a home simulator with my Rukket net. I found that it is quite accurate and even better with the RCT balls. That said, I currently don't have a great setup for a sim in my backyard and, thus, don't get many chances to use it.
  • I like that you can easily create new club profiles for testing - for example, I create a Driver "Test Shaft" to track data separately for it vs. my gamer. That said, I think it would be even better if you could have a default set of "gamer" clubs and a test mode where it labels a non-gamer club for you.

What could be improved:

• I wish I could see a profile view of my shots, like Trackman, to visualize peak height across different clubs.
  • I wish I could view my session data as a table vs. either individual shots or an avg. of all shots. This would make it easier to compare a set of swings in a practice session, rather than clicking through each swing to see the detailed data. I also think this would help me compare results when testing new equipment.
  • I wish there was a quick "Share" mode in app where you could track other people's shots without it mixing into your own data or averages.
  • I noticed that the audio playback in headphones only works when the app is left "open" on my phone (could just be me). While I like this feature, I find myself looking at the screen more often, since audio will cut out if I open another app and forget to switch back.
  • I occasionally run into an app issue during a session where I have to end and restart the session. It's not often, maybe 10-15% off the time, but I hope FS is able to resolve this in an app update.

Overall, I think the KIT's portability, accuracy, and built-in screen make me Love/Like it while there's room to improve in the software experience and usability. Thanks again to @FullSwingSimulators for the opportunity to test this and I hope this feedback is helpful for you all.

Edited by zap311
typo
  • Like 4

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 9* |  Ventus Blue Velo 6S

TaylorMade Stealth+ 3W   | Ventus Blue Velo 7S

Titleist TSR3 5W | Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist TSR2 4H  |  Graphite Design AD-DI 85S

Titleist T150 5 - GW | Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105X

TaylorMade MG3 54*  58* | Dynamic Gold S400

TaylorMade Spider GT Notchback

Titleist Pro V1 | Srixon Z-Star Diamond

On 10/24/2023 at 11:40 AM, IHaverGolf said:

Has anyone noticed any discrepancies when using indoors into a net?  I'm noticing about 15 yards consistently short through the entire bag.  And no, I have not been embellishing my yardage!

Outside it's been great!

I notice some discrepancies when using regular golf balls. The discrepancies went away when I was using the Titleist RCT balls (as long as I wasn't hitting pitch shots <40 yards, where I still have some issues).

Driver:  TSi3 10* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: TSi2 14.25* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Hybrid | Utility: TSi2 19* w/ AD IZ 95x | P790 UDI w/ KBS PGI 100

Irons: P7 Combo (790 4i, 770 5-7i, MC 8-p)

Wedges: SM7 52 F, 58 M w/ Modus 125S

Putter:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, IHaverGolf said:

Any word on update 1.21?

Not yet, check the link above. Last time it took about a week after the firmware release for Full Swing to update their web page

Full Swing iOS app UPDATED - check this out....

2023-11-2021_16_14.png.8dfbeeddc5dbb2a24d544c158effd18d.png

Love the fact that you can rename your saved sessions...

2023-11-2021_17_01.png.fe174b2052da4332a0771708455f5f5a.png

You can now SHARE a session....

2023-11-2021_29_57.png.97e6736d34525ac393341cc276676bd0.png

Full Swing will do what it does...

2023-11-2021_30_14.png.ef1467d1b16d5a511a79ac8c454e1032.png

Then use whatever tools you want to share - Messages, Email etc. Sweet!

2023-11-2021_30_25.png.9fe8ad819ff15d143bffe431dd1ace35.png

Very nice update to the App

Nice work Full Swing 👍👍👍

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So still no official update news on the 1.21 (10) release from Full Swing, you can find it here when they update it:

https://kitsupport.fullswinggolf.com/hc/en-us/sections/4415163027607-Firmware-Release-Notes

This evening I went to the range and did some testing on my KIT for the 1.21 (10) firmware update, I did not notice anything special. Even tried 40 yards and in chip/pitch shots and tonight it was not picking any shots under 30 yards. Probably didn't hit it high enough for it to register 

This was about the best it would register. I know in my review 6 months ago, the lowest was 26 yards

2023-11-2116_49.37sss.jpg.4e8b1e45d56595b65bc8276f76c0ed01.jpg

I don't think anything was changed here but this was outdoor. I think in the indoor mode it would register 40 and under

One thing I did notice tonight after I got home from the range was when I plugged it into recharge the battery and it was now RECHARGING and appears to be READY (see arrow below):

I checked the Set Target Line and the Club Selection from the Menu and it was all functioning and even set it to Driver.

2023-11-2119_10.38sss.jpg.9f08e13122bde6a72c9a563ef748a606.jpg

That is something new in 1.21 (10). In the past, KIT cannot be turned on and ready while it was charging.

This means that, say, you were in a fitting studio and the battery of KIT was low, just plug it in and let it charge and STILL continue fitting with KIT

Very nice @FullSwingSimulators

👍

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 4

While we are still waiting on update notes, I did find some interesting things.  

Indoors - I noticed MUCH improved indoor metrics compared to my previous 4 weeks of ownership (with no change of variables).  I used to find the club speed to be around 5 mph slow compared to trackman, which affected other numbers such as carry.   Very happy with the update!

• Like 1

FSK owner here and LOVING it! I see the full swing kit studios that are being sold on their website and that includes a laptop with the full swing golf software for gameplay. Does anyone know if that software/computer is sold separately? I have a FSK in my basement simulator but the e6 software is really underwhelming. Would love to be able to purchase the Full Swing gameplay software.

1.21 Release notes are out...

FullSwing1_21.jpg.4442637f7db1ae769bb001b07bb76877.jpg

Just saw their ad for the “Full swing kit studio” offering. The ad shows sim golf with Full swing (not E6). Anyone know of that brand they are going to release their own software package for sim gameplay?

Ping G430 LST 9° w/ GD AD-VF 7 TX
Taylormade SIM TI 15° w/ GD AD-DI 8X

Srixon u85 2-Iron w/ MMT 100
Ping Blueprint S 4-W, Ping s159 50°S w/ KBS $Taper 125
Ping Glide 4.0 54°s, Vokey SM9 60°T with Modus 125 Wedge
L.A.B. Mezz 1 w/ACCRA

Titleist ProV1 / AVX / Z-Star ♦