2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Full Swing KIT Member Experience and Testing! Follow Along Here!

Can someone please reply with the data points compared to TrackMan outside with the latest update?

All I read was bad reviews but now I’m hearing it’s getting much more accurate. 

Also, if anyone has done testing with it indoors as well please let me know how accurate it Full Swing was. That’s where they were having the largest issues. 

I have the Mevo plus with pro package and it’s ok, but want to upgrade my system. I teach both indoors and outdoors and want something behind the student (for safety reason) that is more accurate than Mevo. 

As many replies as possible would be appropriated.

thank you,

sal

3 hours ago, Golfhockeybeer23 said:

Can someone please reply with the data points compared to TrackMan outside with the latest update?

All I read was bad reviews but now I’m hearing it’s getting much more accurate. 

Also, if anyone has done testing with it indoors as well please let me know how accurate it Full Swing was. That’s where they were having the largest issues. 

I have the Mevo plus with pro package and it’s ok, but want to upgrade my system. I teach both indoors and outdoors and want something behind the student (for safety reason) that is more accurate than Mevo. 

As many replies as possible would be appropriated.

thank you,

sal

Hey Sal, welcome to the thread 👍

Yeah, if you take a look at the start of this thread, it documents what us 4 WRXers experience with Full Swing and includes comparing our shots on KIT against Trackman 4 AND GC Quad. Numbers were.... DEAD ON

This was with 1.20 (10) firmware back then and we only had 2 firm ware updates post that 1.20 (12) and now 1.21 (10). I would say, post 1.19 the accuracy has improved alot just looking at some older YouTube reviews

Also if you're serious, talk to the Sales Associates at Full Swing. I know when I was talking with Riley (see my post above), Full Swing has some great monthly deals going on for PGA AND also non-PGA.

So check them out and tell them GolfWRX sent you 😉

By the way, hows the face impact data point in Mevo Plus? I'm trying to talk Full Swing into doing this as a near future enhancement - lets hope they listen

@FullSwingSimulators

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Played some sim golf with a few buddies on E6 tonight. FSK wouldn’t pick up chip shots or anything under 45 yards. We tried it as well on the FSK App and still nothing. Anyone seen this before or have a fix? I’ve sent an email for the issue to Full Swing but just curious if others have come across this issue

Ping G430 LST 9° w/ GD AD-VF 7 TX
Taylormade SIM TI 15° w/ GD AD-DI 8X

Srixon u85 2-Iron w/ MMT 100
Ping Blueprint S 4-W, Ping s159 50°S w/ KBS $Taper 125
Ping Glide 4.0 54°s, Vokey SM9 60°T with Modus 125 Wedge
L.A.B. Mezz 1 w/ACCRA

Titleist ProV1 / AVX / Z-Star ♦

Convince me that the 5k cost is worth it over a BLP (with club data) for my use case.  My main use case is personal improvement not simulator play and I will be using this on a real range and into a net outside in my backyard.  The app and device loos really polished but I am having a hard time understanding the 1.5k price difference between this and the BLP. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, zap311 said:

Thanks to @SwingBlues for identifying the latest software updates for FSK. I want to share one improvement that I'm really excited about. The "Share" capability in app now allows you to email yourself session data that you can view in an interactive table (similar to Tableau), outside of the iOS app. This was one of the features at the top of my wish list and I find the design very well done.

Even better, they have included the option to export the data to a CSV file, where you can further analyze the data. To me, this is a significant addition for anyone trying to improve certain swing metrics or compare equipment performance. Here are some screenshots from my (always humbling) most recent session. It confirmed that I need to switch out my 4i for something better, which was also recommended to me in a recent club fitting.

image.png.f957cfba86b05a24f899fa2304cfa155.png

FSK 1.png

FSK 3.png

Do you just run it and get data via the app or do you have FSG?

42 minutes ago, zap311 said:

Thanks to @SwingBlues for identifying the latest software updates for FSK. I want to share one improvement that I'm really excited about. The "Share" capability in app now allows you to email yourself session data that you can view in an interactive table (similar to Tableau), outside of the iOS app. This was one of the features at the top of my wish list and I find the design very well done.

Even better, they have included the option to export the data to a CSV file, where you can further analyze the data. To me, this is a significant addition for anyone trying to improve certain swing metrics or compare equipment performance. Here are some screenshots from my (always humbling) most recent session. It confirmed that I need to switch out my 4i for something better, which was also recommended to me in a recent club fitting.

FSK 1.png

FSK 3.png

That is a fantastic addition, and one that would be very important to me. 

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

2 hours ago, wfrogge1 said:

Convince me that the 5k cost is worth it over a BLP (with club data) for my use case.  My main use case is personal improvement not simulator play and I will be using this on a real range and into a net outside in my backyard.  The app and device loos really polished but I am having a hard time understanding the 1.5k price difference between this and the BLP. 

This is pretty much my exact situation and expected use as well.    The update listed below is big step that not a lot of units offer. 

Vokey

47 minutes ago, zap311 said:

FSK 1.png

FSK 3.png

Are the dispersion circles only visible once a session has been completed or is that something you can see during a practice session?

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to change the color of the club markers? For example, i was comparing a ping 7 iron to a srixon 7 iron. however, on the dispersion range, they both showed up as purple and were indistinguishable from each other. I'd love to be able to switch colors and have them mark differently on the range feature. 

Edited by cocolamb22

Ping G430 LST 9° w/ GD AD-VF 7 TX
Taylormade SIM TI 15° w/ GD AD-DI 8X

Srixon u85 2-Iron w/ MMT 100
Ping Blueprint S 4-W, Ping s159 50°S w/ KBS $Taper 125
Ping Glide 4.0 54°s, Vokey SM9 60°T with Modus 125 Wedge
L.A.B. Mezz 1 w/ACCRA

Titleist ProV1 / AVX / Z-Star ♦

1 hour ago, Gtyler14 said:

Do you just run it and get data via the app or do you have FSG?

You open a session in the FS app and hit the share button to send to yourself via email or text.

IMG_8066.jpeg

• Thanks 1

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 9* |  Ventus Blue Velo 6S

TaylorMade Stealth+ 3W   | Ventus Blue Velo 7S

Titleist TSR3 5W | Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist TSR2 4H  |  Graphite Design AD-DI 85S

Titleist T150 5 - GW | Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105X

TaylorMade MG3 54*  58* | Dynamic Gold S400

TaylorMade Spider GT Notchback

Titleist Pro V1 | Srixon Z-Star Diamond

On 12/1/2023 at 5:06 PM, cocolamb22 said:

Are the dispersion circles only visible once a session has been completed or is that something you can see during a practice session?

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to change the color of the club markers? For example, i was comparing a ping 7 iron to a srixon 7 iron. however, on the dispersion range, they both showed up as purple and were indistinguishable from each other. I'd love to be able to switch colors and have them mark differently on the range feature. 

Dispersion circles populate during session after 3 balls with the same club have been hit 👍🏼 and as far as color changing goes, I believe it is club specific so you would just mark the other 7i as a 6i (or any other club) and then you could distinguish the difference.

• Like 2

I'm loving the FS Kit.  Had a session the other day, and went home and used AirPlay to view swings on my CPU while getting into the data sets.  VERY cool update with sharing.  Used that feature for a student the other day.

• Like 1

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

1 minute ago, wfrogge1 said:

On the Full Swing Facebook page they have a code that gives you 1,000 off the FSK.  At 5k the FSK was out of my price range given what you can get with other monitors but taking a thousand bucks off puts it inline with the competition (when you factor in total cost with subscriptions) so I pulled the trigger. 

Welcome to the FS fam!  

• Like 1

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

Just for fun this sunny Sunday afternoon, I decide to head to the range and try my backup irons and compare to my gamer irons while checking out the new features in the Full Swing app and also check out the "share" function

1. Gamer: Cobra Forged Tec X, shafted with KBS TGI 85 graphite shafts. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips 

2. Backup: Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal Pros, shafted with a KBS TGI 95 graphite shafts. PURE grips with 4 layers

Good quality range balls were used so not quite optimal but hey...

So this evening, I decided to email the captured Session to myself on Gmail from my iPad.

I then opened the link up in my Thorium browser on my Windows laptop:

FPXvsFTX.jpg.95b72f4b95caa5cb99b82284361c9dd1.jpg

Here is the CSV downloaded from the Full Swing webpage and uploaded in my Excel on my laptop:

kpxvsftxexcel.jpg.72901ee15b2746a850d9ff6446ef3dbb.jpg

This is SUPER SWEET 👍👍👍

In summary, there's really nothing in it but it's amazing just seeing the dispersion pattern difference. JPX was left to right while FTX was forward and back. You see this stuff on YouTube but I never expected to see this in my own club testing

I think I will stick with my gamer for now, ball is hotter off the face eventhough the swing speed is slightly slower. Directionally, it's better imho.

Very nice @FullSwingSimulators 👍

❤ this

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 2

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

So still deciding between  this BLP and a distant 3rd Mevo+

So Honesty check for everyone.   Those that have had the Full Swing Kit for a while now.   What are your dislikes and what do you wish it had that it doesn't?

Vokey

On 12/1/2023 at 4:21 PM, zap311 said:

FSK 1.png

FSK 3.png

How do I export it to a CSV file? I didn't realize we could do this!

40 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

So still deciding between  this BLP and a distant 3rd Mevo+

So Honesty check for everyone.   Those that have had the Full Swing Kit for a while now.   What are your dislikes and what do you wish it had that it doesn't?

Why do you have the mevo+ as a distant 3rd?

38 minutes ago, IHaverGolf said:

How do I export it to a CSV file? I didn't realize we could do this!

Click the page icon in the top right corner of the screenshot I posted (next to the metric selection). To get to this link, you have to email it to yourself using the "Share" session in the FS app.

• Like 2

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 9* |  Ventus Blue Velo 6S

TaylorMade Stealth+ 3W   | Ventus Blue Velo 7S

Titleist TSR3 5W | Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist TSR2 4H  |  Graphite Design AD-DI 85S

Titleist T150 5 - GW | Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105X

TaylorMade MG3 54*  58* | Dynamic Gold S400

TaylorMade Spider GT Notchback

Titleist Pro V1 | Srixon Z-Star Diamond

1 minute ago, Gtyler14 said:

Why do you have the mevo+ as a distant 3rd?

Good question.   On other FB groups and a lot of video research, it appears the BLP is far superior for indoor use due to being a camera vs radar.    Also Ihad the regular mevo a couple years ago, and it seems like the BLP is a fire it up and start hitting, the MEVO + seems to take a clot of calibrating and making sure you have everything set up correctly. 

I do like the camera function of the Mevo+ and the data tables it gives.   I guess no matter which device I go with, it'll be sacrificing something that the others have and vice versa

Vokey

1 hour ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Good question.   On other FB groups and a lot of video research, it appears the BLP is far superior for indoor use due to being a camera vs radar.    Also Ihad the regular mevo a couple years ago, and it seems like the BLP is a fire it up and start hitting, the MEVO + seems to take a clot of calibrating and making sure you have everything set up correctly. 

I do like the camera function of the Mevo+ and the data tables it gives.   I guess no matter which device I go with, it'll be sacrificing something that the others have and vice versa

There is a little give and take with any unit. I wanted the FSK to start and would of bought one if there wasn’t so many delays when I went to purchase my sim setup.

The FSk released about 4 months after I bought my mevo+. I have thought about going and grabbing a FSK but I think you’ll have to decide what’s best for your setup. I don’t think setup is so bad with the mevo+ and I think it wouldn’t be any different with the FSK with distance from the ball and alignment. 

I don’t think you can go wrong with any unit. I watched a bunch of videos and the percentages of miss reads/wrong data is pretty close with all of them. You can’t go wrong with a unit that tiger vouches for but the mevo+ is solid. The BLP I don’t love the subscription setup but I understand why and being camera based it’s great indoors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwingBlues said:

So I had the club data enabled GC3 for a while and I had KIT. I included numbers from both LMs in my review on 1st page.

I did not have the Foresight app installed so I was using the 12 data point numbers from the unit itself though the LCD.

I also used both units outdoor only at the range and sometimes on the course. I never use this indoor nor did I use it for the SIM part. My friend has a GC4 completely hooked up to a SIM but I was not interested in that for my needs

2023-05-2918_06_08.jpg.a7242c2264b44b28de72c777da94ac69.jpg

image.jpeg.bc68437440f623ffc4a2803080e4aedf.jpeg

PROS

• KIT is the most compact of the 2. It will fit into your range bag even with the case. The case is very well designed with it's angles to do just that - fit in a golf bag. You'll need a special back pack for the GC3. See my review for the size comparison
  • So easy to read the result of your shot. KIT can show 4 or 1 display on KIT but you can scroll to the other 3 x 4.. No need for an app, just bring the unit. I remember hitting a shot on the GC3, saw the result for a split second and then I had to mess with putting up a second ball into the grid when the GC3 goes into the "waiting for another ball mode"
  • KIT - no  DOT stickers on club face. When I was testing, I can't tell you how many times I hit a shot, looked at the GC3 and then show no club data. WTH.  I forgot the stickers while testing the comparison between my GC3 and KIT. Then the driver needs 4 stickers on the club face for my GC3 to work. I was forever peeling and re-sticking the reflective dots on my clubs as I learned that cleaning the club face with a wet towel does eventually wear out the reflective layer. There's also been many times, I forgot to bring the stickers to the range when I took the GC3. Ooops, ball data only for you Sir. PAIN.
  • Alignment is super easy on KIT. You don't need the FS app either. Just select the "Select Target Line" and you can see where KIT is aiming at. Doesn't have to be ubber precise either as you can just aim the camera on KIT behind the ball. GC3 needs to use the special stick but then again, you can still aim relatively easy but because of the nature of the unit placement, IMO, it's a little cumbersome and less accurate
  • Radar versus camera. KIT does not automatically register it's numbers because it's sending out radar & reading the pings. While our testing show both GC4/GC3 and KIT are very similar, these were under calm conditions. Try working with in conditions where the wind is blowing and lets see who is more accurate with reading the ball flight - the one with the radar or the one with the camera reading the trajectory and speed and estimating. Again, you may want that but there is a difference. You can also put KIT into a normalized mode where you can simulate "ideal" conditions as well but after using both units, I prefer actual data. I guess this is same as GC4 verses Trackman
  • KIT will record your swing on video. You can turn this on or off. So if you're showing a student or yourself, you can associate ball/club data with what your swing was doing. SUPER NICE
  • Battery endurance. If I spend time at the range on a nice sunny day, I never need to worry about KIT running out of juice. It does give 5 hrs of usage. I've used around 4.5 hrs and down to 15%
  • KIT misses less shots than GC3. Based on my experience and also working with my range rats using both GC3 and KIT - we saw more misses on my GC3 than on KIT. Even my buddies commented on that especially using less than perfect balls with GC3. Using less than perfect balls with KIT does effect the spin numbers but not misses. Carry is still accurate in KIT - thank you radar
  • Fantastic Customer Support from Full Swing. They continue to upgrade firmware every 4-6 months by the looks of things.

CONS

• No face impact data on KIT.  KIT is not a GC4 and I don't recall GC3 showing club impact data without the app. If Mevo+ can do this, I think this may come in the future for KIT
  • KIT does not read 30 yards and in chips in the outdoor mode. It does work in the indoor mode though. Full Swing is aware of this and working on it
  • KIT does not do putting outdoor. Never tried the indoor mode so others can comment on this but since it plays E6 it sounds like it will support putting
  • KIT is iOS only, no Android. Full Swing is aware of this and eventhough I am a die hard Droid user, did not bother me to pick up a cheap Gen 9 iPad for KIT usage

WISH LIST

• Face Impact
  • I like the Full Swing app to have the ability to "turn off" a shot and not having to delete a shot
  • Visual down the range graphics mode aka Studio
  • 30 yards and in outdoor mode - coming soon. Perhaps
  • Range ball normalization

The GC3 I had was borrowed from my friend and I had it for like 6+ months. I had no qualms about returning it and using my KIT full time

Like I said, my use of KIT and GC3 was outdoor only. No plans for indoor but even then I think KIT can easily do indoors as well as the other WRX testers have shown

Hope this helps, feel free to reach out if you need any more info

This is awesome!!  I can't thank you enough for taking the time to write all that. 

Funny, even though I mentioned the inside use of the MEVO+ (Radar) isn't as good as BLP, i'm like you my primary use will be on the range for just practice, really not much simulation at all during the season (March to November)  but as we are headed into winter here (maryland) it is likely whatever unit I get I will use indoors a lot the next 3 months or so.    

One question that you mention the visual down range studio in the con. That could be the same thing I've heard.  So if I have the FSK connected to an I pad on the range will it show the ball flight of my shot on the range with a shot tracer.   Or is it purely data only?   That's kind of a big thing to me....only as I'm used to it with my current MLM2.  I would expect for the price being the highest of all these that it would have a shot tracer

Vokey

45 minutes ago, Gtyler14 said:

There is a little give and take with any unit. I wanted the FSK to start and would of bought one if there wasn’t so many delays when I went to purchase my sim setup.

The FSk released about 4 months after I bought my mevo+. I have thought about going and grabbing a FSK but I think you’ll have to decide what’s best for your setup. I don’t think setup is so bad with the mevo+ and I think it wouldn’t be any different with the FSK with distance from the ball and alignment. 

I don’t think you can go wrong with any unit. I watched a bunch of videos and the percentages of miss reads/wrong data is pretty close with all of them. You can’t go wrong with a unit that tiger vouches for but the mevo+ is solid. The BLP I don’t love the subscription setup but I understand why and being camera based it’s great indoors.

Thanks, and I agree, I can't go wrong with any of them.  In all the reviews I saw/read there didn't seem to be any real buyers remorse on any of them.   Other than the 1 in 100 who will find something to complain about on anything.  

The subscription model of the BLP especially the Gold is a good point.  I can get a 20% discount on the purchase, but that just covers the first year, I could see paying $500 a year beyond that as not an easy pill to swallow, and within 3 years, I'm at the same price as the FSK.    Then again when was the last time I had anything golf equipment related for 3 years 🙂

Vokey

1 minute ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

This is awesome!!  I can't thank you enough for taking the time to write all that. 

Funny, even though I mentioned the inside use of the MEVO+ (Radar) isn't as good as BLP, i'm like you my primary use will be on the range for just practice, really not much simulation at all during the season (March to November)  but as we are headed into winter here (maryland) it is likely whatever unit I get I will use indoors a lot the next 3 months or so.    

One question that you mention the visual down range studio in the con. That could be the same thing I've heard.  So if I have the FSK connected to an I pad on the range will it show the ball flight of my shot on the range with a shot tracer.   Or is it purely data only?   That's kind of a big thing to me....only as I'm used to it with my current MLM2.  I would expect for the price being the highest of all these that it would have a shot tracer

...yeah, thats my wish list "studio" mode. Right now it's pure data only and the dispersion circle. No shot tracer at this moment. I'll let the guys with the E6 chime in as they may have a shot tracer in that sim mode.

As of now, for outdoor, definitely no shot tracer that I see. 

Given how progressive Full Swing has been with KIT, it's just a question of time for these enhancements. Also I had an interesting conversation with Riley, good friend and PGA Pro down at Balboa range. He mentioned when he was talking to Customer Service, Full Swing is committed to 7 years with the current KIT design. Not surprising considering how advanced their radar is compared even to the top end Trackman 4.

1 minute ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Thanks, and I agree, I can't go wrong with any of them.  In all the reviews I saw/read there didn't seem to be any real buyers remorse on any of them.   Other than the 1 in 100 who will find something to complain about on anything.  

The subscription model of the BLP especially the Gold is a good point.  I can get a 20% discount on the purchase, but that just covers the first year, I could see paying $500 a year beyond that as not an easy pill to swallow, and within 3 years, I'm at the same price as the FSK.    Then again when was the last time I had anything golf equipment related for 3 years 🙂

I think you decide the space restrictions first then what data you want. If space is an issues go BLP if not then FSK or mevo+.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

...yeah, thats my wish list "studio" mode. Right now it's pure data only and the dispersion circle. No shot tracer at this moment. I'll let the guys with the E6 chime in as they may have a shot tracer in that sim mode.

As of now, for outdoor, definitely no shot tracer that I see. 

Given how progressive Full Swing has been with KIT, it's just a question of time for these enhancements. Also I had an interesting conversation with Riley, good friend and PGA Pro down at Balboa range. He mentioned when he was talking to Customer Service, Full Swing is committed to 7 years with the current KIT design. Not surprising considering how advanced their radar is compared even to the top end Trackman 4.

Thanks, and now that you mention e6, I do have a subscription remaining on awesome golf for a few more months, and I thought it had a shot tracer, I'll have to double check that for sure. 

interesting to hear on the 7 year deal.   I have had a couple  email exchanges with one of the reps RJ and he has been helpful so far. 

Vokey

3 minutes ago, Gtyler14 said:

I think you decide the space restrictions first then what data you want. If space is an issues go BLP if not then FSK or mevo+.

Yeah, thanks that's good point, but I am generally fine on space,  don't have any problem with recommended total distance of 20 feet or so for FSK.  Indoors it's probably 30 to 40 feet long and 20 feet wide and 20 foot ceilings.   Outdoor will mostly be on a grass range, but even when on the mats I will have enough from behind it as well. 

Vokey