2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Full Swing KIT Member Experience and Testing! Follow Along Here!

5 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Yeah, thanks that's good point, but I am generally fine on space,  don't have any problem with recommended total distance of 20 feet or so for FSK.  Indoors it's probably 30 to 40 feet long and 20 feet wide and 20 foot ceilings.   Outdoor will mostly be on a grass range, but even when on the mats I will have enough from behind it as well. 

Decisions decisions. 🤔🤔

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gtyler14 said:

Decisions decisions. 🤔🤔

I should do the WRX'er thing, buy each one 🙂

• Like 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

1 hour ago, SwingBlues said:

...yeah, thats my wish list "studio" mode. Right now it's pure data only and the dispersion circle. No shot tracer at this moment. I'll let the guys with the E6 chime in as they may have a shot tracer in that sim mode.

As of now, for outdoor, definitely no shot tracer that I see. 

Given how progressive Full Swing has been with KIT, it's just a question of time for these enhancements. Also I had an interesting conversation with Riley, good friend and PGA Pro down at Balboa range. He mentioned when he was talking to Customer Service, Full Swing is committed to 7 years with the current KIT design. Not surprising considering how advanced their radar is compared even to the top end Trackman 4.

I just went back and read your initial review again from start to finish, I may have said it earlier but it bares repeating, it's one of the most comprehensive and informative reviews I have read on many sites!   WRX and Full Swing hit a homerun when they selected you to test and review.  

There were several points you mentioned that I had forgotten, such as the swing video, which you mentioned a few posts back, so that is a plus.   I like the UI of the Ipad and Iphone that I saw, and again noticed it has a few metrics that BLP doesn't such as face to path.   

The ease of use on course for just simple read out and go is really enticing, as I get to play and practice a lot on our closed course, so I could easily set it up on a hole and hit Prov's to get real on course data.  

Thanks again for your continued input here! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Vokey

17 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Well I joined the Full Swing Kit Team today.   

Thanks to all the great reviews and ongoing commentary here by the testers, it was very helpful in making a decision.  Thanks to @double or triple? who I've known here for too many years for answering some of the dumb off line questions via text.  The Video done by the WRX staff was awesome, thanks to @knudson81 for the great work on that as well as the one with Tursky. 

I did a lot of research on this unit, Bushnell LP, MEVO + and even some on the GolfZon Wave.   They all have their pros and cons, but at the end of the day there were more features of the FSK that I liked.   

Now the tough part just waiting for delivery but RJ at @FullSwingSimulators said he'd have it out by tomorrow.   

This is awesome. We would love to hear your thoughts about it, too!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GolfWRX_Official said:

This is awesome. We would love to hear your thoughts about it, too!

Definitely will share them here if that’s ok 

• Like 2

Vokey

Posting here to see if other users have run into similar issues. I've had the Kit since April of this year. After using it regularly, I've done my best to stay patient and work with support, but it seems I'm having a hard time getting support to get in contact with me.

Issue 1: When using the FS app (on an 2023 ipad pro), a lot of the time the app pulls up with a black screen. I can't access the practice session. It generally requires me to turn off/on the ipad, and in some cases I have to completely delete the app off the ipad and redownload.

Issue 2: E6 for simulate game play doesn't pick up short shots. I've connected with support on this but they weren't much help. We have the "short shot" toggled on, we've tried both premium balls as well as titleist RCT balls, but for every chip shot, I have to hit 3 or 4 balls to get it to pick up and register.

Has anyone experience similar issues? If so, how did you go about fixing it?

I'd like to think that I could walk out to my unit, turn it on, and be hitting balls in under 5 minutes, but most of the time I feel like I'm wasting so much time trying to get it to register shots.

I really want to stick with FSK, but at what point is it worth looking at another similar unit that's more reliable?

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

• Thanks 1

Ping G430 LST 9° w/ GD AD-VF 7 TX
Taylormade SIM TI 15° w/ GD AD-DI 8X

Srixon u85 2-Iron w/ MMT 100
Ping Blueprint S 4-W, Ping s159 50°S w/ KBS $Taper 125
Ping Glide 4.0 54°s, Vokey SM9 60°T with Modus 125 Wedge
L.A.B. Mezz 1 w/ACCRA

Titleist ProV1 / AVX / Z-Star ♦

18 hours ago, cocolamb22 said:

Posting here to see if other users have run into similar issues. I've had the Kit since April of this year. After using it regularly, I've done my best to stay patient and work with support, but it seems I'm having a hard time getting support to get in contact with me.

Issue 1: When using the FS app (on an 2023 ipad pro), a lot of the time the app pulls up with a black screen. I can't access the practice session. It generally requires me to turn off/on the ipad, and in some cases I have to completely delete the app off the ipad and redownload.

Issue 2: E6 for simulate game play doesn't pick up short shots. I've connected with support on this but they weren't much help. We have the "short shot" toggled on, we've tried both premium balls as well as titleist RCT balls, but for every chip shot, I have to hit 3 or 4 balls to get it to pick up and register.

I'd like to think that I could walk out to my unit, turn it on, and be hitting balls in under 5 minutes, but most of the time I feel like I'm wasting so much time trying to get it to register shots.

I really want to stick with FSK, but at what point is it worth looking at another similar unit that's more reliable?

Sorry to hear your issues. 

My friend has an iPad Pro, may be 2 years old and I have a relatively new 9th Gen iPad. Before that I had an iPad Air 2 that is NOT on the compatibility list and now, about 10+ years old. From my side, my 9th is on iOS 17.2 and app version is while my Air2 is on iOS 15.x (I don't really use my Air2 now with KIT) but both have the latest KIT 

Full Swing app is 1.2.5 (2589)

With all 3 iPads, I have not seen any "black screens" that you are seeing. The only issues I have seen and documented was some connection issues where the video would not record. However, based on my troubleshooting, I think that has more to do with the Apple Wifi/KIT app. To work around this, I just shutdown and restart my iPad when I get to the range and the video always worked. But I never had any black screen. 

I also keep my iPad next to KIT and it would verbalize any numbers I set it to (another GR8 feature of the KIT App) so I can hear and see the numbers I am focusing on 

Now, it's just the video capture that was my issue. The app itself never had any issues getting the LM numbers from KIT.

My friend's iPad Pro, he had a WIFI "cannot connect" at startup. We fix it by having him restarts his Pro, it was fine. He never restarts his iPad, iPad is loaded to the wazzoo with apps he never uses. He also does not have any issues looking at past Sessions either. I know cause we discuss his Sessions the next day and he talks about noticing this or that from the Session we did.

All this was before app 1.2.5 and the KIT firmware 1.21 (10) updates. Last time I use (last week) the KIT app in iPad it connected straight away, no restart needed

So, what version of app & firmware are you using? Did you try and call Support?

Also check your distance. It sound like you are using KIT indoors and outdoors, we assume? I think, for indoor, it's 10ft back of the ball and 16 ft infront of the ball is the space requirement for indoor mode. I don't use KIT indoor so may be the other guys can chime in with E6 et al @zap311 @hartrick11

You can also try to reach out to @FullSwingSimulators here but I think you're better off calling Support and getting a live Customer Service person

Let us know how you go

Edited by SwingBlues

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

I never had a blank screen issue, so can't speak to issue #1 unfortunately. Maybe the newer ipad software/hardware created some issue that FS needs to work out, but it hasn't been an issue on either my phone (think it's iphone 13pro) or iPad (2nd gen ipad pro from like 6 years ago). I'm surprised to hear that support hasn't been that helpful because for me they have been super responsive.

On issue #2, I had similar issues with short shots - this is outside into a net in my yard with the appropriate distances in front and behind, but I have no space to do it completely indoors. Switching to RCT balls reduced the issue substantially, effectively catching everything from 30-60 yards, but for <30 yard shots it still wasn't great if I'm being completely honest (it would miss like 1 out of every 4 shots). For me, I haven't used the E6 for full rounds too often and could imagine the frustration building if that is your main objective with this unit and you consistently run into issues around the greens. My use case is for range/target practice, and for that the E6 works flawlessly, though I can't wait until the FS app is able to show a shot tracer, because for me that will just remove the need to use E6 at all.

• Like 1

Driver:  TSi3 10* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: TSi2 14.25* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Hybrid | Utility: TSi2 19* w/ AD IZ 95x | P790 UDI w/ KBS PGI 100

Irons: P7 Combo (790 4i, 770 5-7i, MC 8-p)

Wedges: SM7 52 F, 58 M w/ Modus 125S

Putter:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

On 12/12/2023 at 3:09 PM, cocolamb22 said:

Still working on some issues and going back and forth with Tier 2 support. Hoping to get this sorted out soon.

On another note, I reached out to Full Swing about their new "Studio Package".

Seeing as I already have a FSK unit, they did let me know that as a current owner of one if I wanted access to the Full Swing software for simulated gameplay, it would require that I purchase one of their custom PC laptops. 

If anyone is interested, the cost of the laptop was just north of $3k with the FS gameplay software running $500/year.

Listed under the “Games” tab you will find scramble, wolf, and skins.  1-8 players at a time.

Practice Area:

Customizable Golf Channel Driving Range

Course List:

1. Bluejack National 
  2. Great Northern 
  3. Muirfield Village (New)
  4. Payne’s Valley
  5. Quivira Los Cabos
  6. Spyglass Hill GC
  7. The Farms Golf Club
  8. Torrey Pines North
  9. TPC Boston
  10. TPC Craig Ranch
  11. TPC Deere Run
  12. TPC Louisiana
  13. TPC River Highlands
  14. TPC San Antonio
  15. Wade Hampton Golf Club

*Courses in green are PGA stops.

Just wanted to pass this along for anyone who was wondering as I was!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

L.A.B. Mezz 1 w/ACCRA

Ok I have had the FSK for two weeks now and can give my opinion.  

First off I was debating on a camera unit (Uneekor or BLP) versus radar (Mevo+ or FSK).  My use case is 99% game improvement using real balls both on the range and outdoors into a net.  Radar IMO was the logical choice but I didn't like the setup quirkiness of the Mevo+ and I didn't like the $$$ of the FSK either 🙂 .  With the one thousand off holiday sale with the FSK I decided to go this way.  Yes it's substantially more than the Mevo+ but the ecosystem of the FSK seemed to be geared more towards my use case, I am an Apple guy, and the app is really polished.  Plus I like that I can just sit the FSK down, align, and start hitting. I think I could use this on the course when there is nobody else playing to get real data without slowing down my group. 

Support has been great answering the few questions I have had (relating to shipping and E6) and this unit is honestly a "set it down and starting hitting" easy.  Never really had a unit like this so the data is interesting. Learned that I can't spin my backup irons enough (Adams CMB with C-Taper) lol.  The built in camera with all the data has helped confirm some of the major swing changes I am in the middle of are 100% putting me and the club face in a better spot.  To me this is more than a toy, it's a tool that I will use to not only improve my swing but to understand how the ball might react at different elevations when I travel. 

There are a few improvements that are apparently on the way like being able to set the "temperature" and have that shot data normalized to reflect what the ball might do.  Would be valuable data to have written down in my playing notes.  I am not sure if this can be done but having the ability to select that you are hitting with a range ball with normalized data would be interesting. The only options I have are premium and RCT ball and my local range has balls that are about as far from precious as you can get lol.  At home into my net I hit RCT balls and the data and yardages look spot on.   I know folks want a shot tracer to show if the ball if fading or drawing with a shot. TBH if I know the device is lined up correctly towards my target line I can figure out the shot shape by my path/face and where the ball ended up.   

I do have E6 setup with just the driving range for fun. Again I don't think I will be using this as a sim but it's nice to see this exists if I ever change my mind. 

Don't have a lot more to add that hasn't been said already. It's a solid unit and I have had zero issues running it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wfrogge1 said:

Ok I have had the FSK for two weeks now and can give my opinion.  

First off I was debating on a camera unit (Uneekor or BLP) versus radar (Mevo+ or FSK).  My use case is 99% game improvement using real balls both on the range and outdoors into a net.  Radar IMO was the logical choice but I didn't like the setup quirkiness of the Mevo+ and I didn't like the $$$ of the FSK either 🙂 .  With the one thousand off holiday sale with the FSK I decided to go this way.  Yes it's substantially more than the Mevo+ but the ecosystem of the FSK seemed to be geared more towards my use case, I am an Apple guy, and the app is really polished.  Plus I like that I can just sit the FSK down, align, and start hitting. I think I could use this on the course when there is nobody else playing to get real data without slowing down my group. 

Support has been great answering the few questions I have had (relating to shipping and E6) and this unit is honestly a "set it down and starting hitting" easy.  Never really had a unit like this so the data is interesting. Learned that I can't spin my backup irons enough (Adams CMB with C-Taper) lol.  The built in camera with all the data has helped confirm some of the major swing changes I am in the middle of are 100% putting me and the club face in a better spot.  To me this is more than a toy, it's a tool that I will use to not only improve my swing but to understand how the ball might react at different elevations when I travel. 

There are a few improvements that are apparently on the way like being able to set the "temperature" and have that shot data normalized to reflect what the ball might do.  Would be valuable data to have written down in my playing notes.  I am not sure if this can be done but having the ability to select that you are hitting with a range ball with normalized data would be interesting. The only options I have are premium and RCT ball and my local range has balls that are about as far from precious as you can get lol.  At home into my net I hit RCT balls and the data and yardages look spot on.   I know folks want a shot tracer to show if the ball if fading or drawing with a shot. TBH if I know the device is lined up correctly towards my target line I can figure out the shot shape by my path/face and where the ball ended up.   

I do have E6 setup with just the driving range for fun. Again I don't think I will be using this as a sim but it's nice to see this exists if I ever change my mind. 

Don't have a lot more to add that hasn't been said already. It's a solid unit and I have had zero issues running it. 

Good write up.  

I only have had mine out for one session as noted above.   I will concur on the set it up, turn it on line it up and start hitting aspect.    I too am an Apple user so I had my iPad laying on a table next to where I was hitting and could check all the numbers easily after each shot.   

Our range balls are brand new, but I did get an occasional out of whack spin number like 6000 on a driver, I may hit 3200 on a bad swing but no way near 6000.  But as I mentioned above this has happened on trackman as well when OEM are out for fitting days. 

i looke forward to taking it out to a hole when our couese is closed and hiring some shots with ProVs and seeing some results. 

Like you I won’t be a heavy sim user. But I do have an e6 license and will try it on that eventually. 

• Like 1

Vokey

On 12/13/2023 at 10:55 AM, SwingBlues said:

has more to do with the Apple Wifi/KIT app.

10/4

I have never had any of the issues @cocolamb22 is having trouble with.  The only issue I've had is connection.  I've had the unit for a couple months and I've lost connection  3 times.  Each time I just opened settings and reconnected.  I did not lose my session.   Sounds like a device issue or an update was not installed.  You could request another unit if you feel it's a hardware issue.   @FullSwingSimulators can we get some help to @cocolamb22

• Like 1

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

3 hours ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

10/4

I have never had any of the issues @cocolamb22 is having trouble with.  The only issue I've had is connection.  I've had the unit for a couple months and I've lost connection  3 times.  Each time I just opened settings and reconnected.  I did not lose my session.   Sounds like a device issue or an update was not installed.  You could request another unit if you feel it's a hardware issue.   @FullSwingSimulators can we get some help to @cocolamb22

Thanks guys. Full swing support has been great. We’re working through some of the issues. The unit really is solid. 

my biggest gripe right now is we do a weekly guys night playing a round. It’s winter here so it’s something we look forward to every week. However, once we get inside about 50 yards, the unit “freezes” or something and won’t pick up shots. It’s been spotty at best. I absolutely love just hitting in range mode. The data is so valuable. But our weekly group has been frustrated. Is just a buzz kill when it doesn’t pick up shots (in E6 sim play).  This past week we basically played and if you missed the green in regulation, we had to select the “pick up” option. Everyone in our group “shot” over 200, lol (it gives the entire group a 12 on the hole when you pick up)

anyways, it just takes away from our weekly money games and little tourneys we want to do. Hopefully we get it working soon. 

Here’s our setup for reference:

IMG_0751.jpeg

• Like 2

L.A.B. Mezz 1 w/ACCRA

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, jeffwaltersmail said:

We have a downhill driving range.  If the FSK uses radar to track the entire flight, does anyone know if there is a setting that will adjust for the downhill part so we don't end up with excessive yardages?  Thanks

My former home course has a downhill range also and FSK does have an normalized option you can toggle on to give you the “regular” yardages

Flightscope has updated their FS Golf app to enable the Mevo+ to read club head speed without a ball. Does the FSK have that capability?

Edited by HiTrajLoSpin

TaylorMade Stealth 2 12° - Ventus Velo Blue 5R2

PING G425 Max 5-Wood (@16.5°) / 7-Wood (@19.5°) - Ventus Velo Red 5R2

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 21° / 24° - AD HY 65R

Mizuno MP245 6-GW - AD 75R SSx1

TaylorMade MG4 52.08 - AD 75S (8i) / 56.12TW - AD 75S (9i)

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 WH

Titleist ProV1x

1 hour ago, HiTrajLoSpin said:

Flightscope has updated their FS Golf app to enable the Mevo+ to read club head speed without a ball. Does the FSK have that capability?

Nope.

Funny, because I sold my PRGR once I had KIT 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

• 4 weeks later...

I had mine out for the first time in a couple weeks due to snow.   And while reviews sessions.  I had these questions.  I emailed them to @FullSwingSimulators a few days ago but haven’t heard back. 

Curious if any of the testers or anyone else has the answers. 

I do have a couple questions about the FullSwing I've searched but can't find answers to.    

1) Was I supposed to receive a verification or access code to get the e6 connection that is provided with the unit?   
2) Is there a way that a session or part of a session can be exported  to either a cell or email.  I see how the video of single shot can be exported and shared to someone but not the actual shot data for one shot or for a session.

Vokey

On 1/27/2024 at 12:48 PM, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

I had mine out for the first time in a couple weeks due to snow.   And while reviews sessions.  I had these questions.  I emailed them to @FullSwingSimulators a few days ago but haven’t heard back. 

Curious if any of the testers or anyone else has the answers. 

I do have a couple questions about the FullSwing I've searched but can't find answers to.    

1) Was I supposed to receive a verification or access code to get the e6 connection that is provided with the unit?   
2) Is there a way that a session or part of a session can be exported  to either a cell or email.  I see how the video of single shot can be exported and shared to someone but not the actual shot data for one shot or for a session.

For the E6 code I put in a support ticket and got it. 

For sharing shot data I can go to the session and click the three dot menu on the top left to share.  Gives full data for the entire session and a CSV 

6 hours ago, wfrogge1 said:

For the E6 code I put in a support ticket and got it. 

For sharing shot data I can go to the session and click the three dot menu on the top left to share.  Gives full data for the entire session and a CSV 

Thanks for the info.  I’ll do that for the e6 

I did click the 3 dots and on the iPad I got export but it only exported the video.   No option to share or csv. 

I’ll double check it on both the iPad and iPhone 

Thanks 

Vokey

21 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Thanks for the info.  I’ll do that for the e6 

I did click the 3 dots and on the iPad I got export but it only exported the video.   No option to share or csv. 

I’ll double check it on both the iPad and iPhone 

Thanks 

Maybe this is a premium membership option. When you talk to support make sure you ask if you should have been provided this for free (first year).  Playing around with my outdoor net setup yesterday and here is an example of what it looks like

Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 6.33.05 PM.png

Edited by wfrogge1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wfrogge1 said:

Maybe this is a premium membership option. When you talk to support make sure you ask if you should have been provided this for free (first year).  Playing around with my outdoor net setup yesterday and here is an example of what it looks like

Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 6.33.05 PM.png

I did get the product key from support. 👍

I do have the premium membership.  I accidentally found that screen today.  But forgot how I did it and when I click the 3 dots now all I get is an option for a screen like this. 

im sure its 100% me missing some obvious step I stumbled on before but am not able to find my way back.  

IMG_0149.png

Vokey

The difference in look is because you're looking at the shared link on your phone. On a computer/ipad it will look like the bigger view above.

You can still get all the individual shots as a list on your phone. You need to turn your phone landscape and scroll down under the dispersion graph. In the Key Data, underneath the club name (Driver) there should be a > arrow with the number of shots next to it. Click the arrow and it should show a table with all shots.

Hope that helps.

16 hours ago, glennles said:

The difference in look is because you're looking at the shared link on your phone. On a computer/ipad it will look like the bigger view above.

You can still get all the individual shots as a list on your phone. You need to turn your phone landscape and scroll down under the dispersion graph. In the Key Data, underneath the club name (Driver) there should be a > arrow with the number of shots next to it. Click the arrow and it should show a table with all shots.

Hope that helps.

So the first part I phone vs I actually figured out last night.  Got it to work on the I pad fine. 

However, on the phone I tired Landscape mode in every metric and none of them went to Landscape--Yes I have the Portrait mode lock off--I learned that several months ago by accident 😉    Although to be honest landscape of the entire shot metrics on the phone might not be much use.   I try to use the I pad as much as possible. 

Thanks for the help, one other question.  Will videos only show on the device you used for that session.  Meaning if I use my I pad for  a session, the videos won't show on my I phone if I go to review that session later, that is the way it is for me, is that correct?

Vokey

• 2 weeks later...

Question for the group…

I was hitting on my sim the yesterday just on the Full Swing App. I was comparing 3 different driver shafts and getting some numbers. One of my biggest pet peeves is not being able to change color on driver so I can compare them in the same

session. 

so I hit some on driver, then changed the club to ‘3W’ to compare shafts. Distance numbers were significantly lower even tho swing speed and ball speed were similar. Then I did the same on the ‘5W’ club select to compare the 3rd shaft. Again, a significant number drop off. I realized the numbers were altered based on selected club, not just the numbers. 

so to further dive into this issue, I hit my utility iron. First I hit it on “3 iron” club select, then after about 7-8 shots I switched it to ‘4 hybrid’. Same club, same numbers, and again a significant drop off in distance (about 15 yards on average). 

so now it got me thinking. Is this common ? Or is this an issue? Has anyone else experienced this?

I had to go back to hitting a shaft for about 15-20 swings, then start a new practice session to compare the 2nd shaft and again for the 3rd shaft while writing down my data averages. Not a very efficient way of doing it. 

if I’m missing something or if there’s a setting I need to change please let me know. Having hit on trackman many times I know it doesn’t matter what club you’re hitting it will still give you accurate data, although it’s helpful to select your club for tracking purposes. 

TIA!

L.A.B. Mezz 1 w/ACCRA

46 minutes ago, cocolamb22 said:

Question for the group…

I was hitting on my sim the yesterday just on the Full Swing App. I was comparing 3 different driver shafts and getting some numbers. One of my biggest pet peeves is not being able to change color on driver so I can compare them in the same

session. 

so I hit some on driver, then changed the club to ‘3W’ to compare shafts. Distance numbers were significantly lower even tho swing speed and ball speed were similar. Then I did the same on the ‘5W’ club select to compare the 3rd shaft. Again, a significant number drop off. I realized the numbers were altered based on selected club, not just the numbers. 

so to further dive into this issue, I hit my utility iron. First I hit it on “3 iron” club select, then after about 7-8 shots I switched it to ‘4 hybrid’. Same club, same numbers, and again a significant drop off in distance (about 15 yards on average). 

so now it got me thinking. Is this common ? Or is this an issue? Has anyone else experienced this?

I had to go back to hitting a shaft for about 15-20 swings, then start a new practice session to compare the 2nd shaft and again for the 3rd shaft while writing down my data averages. Not a very efficient way of doing it. 

if I’m missing something or if there’s a setting I need to change please let me know. Having hit on trackman many times I know it doesn’t matter what club you’re hitting it will still give you accurate data, although it’s helpful to select your club for tracking purposes. 

TIA!

recommendation is to add multiple drivers to you bag instead of changing clubs because the system is calibrated to look for ball in certain windows based on the club you select. Driver is different set up compared to fairways 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1