2024 The Memorial Tournament WITB Pics & New Titleist GT woods ×

Accra fx or ahould we say Autoflex

tyorke1

58 minutes ago, mktrout said:

so if I can figure out how to cut spin down and lower the ball flight a little bit I think it could hit some bombs.

Lower lofted head.

Srixon ZX5 LS MK II 9.5° - Attas 11 70S
Honma TW747 3HL (16.5°) - Tour AD-IZ 7S

Honma TW747 7 wood - Attas 5 GoGo 7S

Honma TW-X 3 iron - Vizzard 85S (alternates with LW)

4-PW 2015 OnOff Forged Kuro - AMT Tour White X100 SSx2

50°-08 - Fourteen RM-4 - AMT X100
56°-10 - Fourteen RM-4 H grind - AMT X100
64°-10 - Callaway Jaws Full Toe Black - Dynamic Gold Spinner (alternates with 3 iron)

Piretti Cottonwood II, 375g - KBS GPS, P2 Aware Tour

Grips - Star Sidewinder 360

Maxfli Tour Yellow

Vessel Player III - Iridium

21 hours ago, MrFlipper said:

I don't have access to a trackman or anything so my comparisons are based on where I hit to/from on the courses I play regularly. 4 ish index, driver chs prob up near 100 now, smooth transition most of the time. If I jump at it at all with these shafts I spray it way right, so keeping it smooth is a must for me.

Can't really say dispersion is any better vs previous 3 wood. They look the same leaving the club, start and fly through the same windows. Previous clubhead was higher loft as noted before.

Total distance off the ground is 240-260 vs 220-230 previously. Carry prob 230 vs 210 ish. Same dispersion, but a lot longer for me.

Off the tee similar to my previous driver distance, but that's not what I got it for. If anything, for layup holes that I used 3 wood for previously, now I hit it too far. And I find with these type shafts it's hard to hit soft, short bunters. When you're already hitting your smoother swing, hard to swing even smoother to take off distance. Maybe that comes with time. Everything just wants to go pretty straight, so I can't hit a big cut on demand either.

Having said all that, I'm sure enjoying the driver and 3 wood shafts. I haven't hit it this far in decades, literally. Seems kind of messed up but I'm sure pleased about it!

I had this same problem and pretty much fixed it by choking down a bit depending on how much carry I wanted to take off.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

On 8/24/2023 at 9:30 PM, James Cole said:

Anyone compared to the Riptide CB 45g A-Flex its supposed to be very close to autoflex profile. 

I have this shaft you mentioned.  The riptide cb 45 5.0 and I just found an Accra i series 52g m2 for $23. Wow, I really liked my riptide version of the AF, but the Accra ISeries takes the cake. Ball speed up 3mph on average and the highest was my trackman highest ever at 168. Not too impressive, but my Ventus TR lives in the low 160’s. Absolutely incredible. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have a couple rounds in with this shaft in my Driver. I live in Northern Illinois and was playing in 50 degree weather. Really impressed by the results so far and excited to be heading to Florida this weekend to give i5 a whirl. I am committed to trying it for 4 rounds in warm weather.i will report back when I get back early next week. 

G430 Max 10K9 Degrees Accra FX 3.0

G430 LST 3 Wood Accra FX 3.0

Apex UW 19 Mitsubishi MMT

Cobra TEC 4 Hybrid MitsubishiMMT Stiff

JPX Forged 5-G Steelfiber 95R

Callaway Jaws 54m and 58z

Mizuno OMOI #5

Went to Florida last weekend and played finally in some nice weather with the FX.

It did not disappoint at all. I really drove it very well most of the trip. It was surprisingly accurate as well. 
looking forward to playing more with it for sure.

G430 Max 10K9 Degrees Accra FX 3.0

G430 LST 3 Wood Accra FX 3.0

Apex UW 19 Mitsubishi MMT

Cobra TEC 4 Hybrid MitsubishiMMT Stiff

JPX Forged 5-G Steelfiber 95R

Callaway Jaws 54m and 58z

Mizuno OMOI #5

On 12/6/2023 at 9:15 PM, chocolate_rehab said:

Thoughts after one round:

Driver (M0)

• At first, I thought I was going to prefer and keep the Autoflex. The Autoflex has a really noticeable kick that I like, feels like a powerful load that I dig.
  • But I honestly hit one of the longest drives of my life with Accra today, nearly drove the green on a short par 4. That got my attention.
  • I started getting used to the feel and liked it too, it's just different.
  • My swing wasn't perfect today by any means, so the testing will continue.

Fairway (M2)

• Really liked it! Hit a couple super high bombs with it, but didn't get to use it too much today, I hit driver a lot just because I was testing the two driver shafts.
  • Will need a few more rounds but it felt like easy distance and swing depending - stayed pretty straight.
  • Felt stable enough to hit off the ground - I use 3 wood off the deck sometimes to get there in 2 on short par 5s.
  • I went with M2 flex because I've been fit into M3/M4 in Accra fairway shafts before and I wanted to retain some stiffness in the 3 wood. No real science behind it, just my feeling that senior flex would be enough for a little extra distance while keeping good stability.

Would love to get these both on an indoor monitor - might pursue that depending on how the next few outdoor rounds go.

You and me have use Autoflex for the longer time,  I have a few rounds with the Accra under my belt, also indoor GC3 in my golf sim.  I am still undecided.  

My instructor told me I seems to be able to time the Autoflex better.  I can swing both about the same speed, Autoflex seems to curve back to center more, launch a little bit higher and both spin about the same.  Autoflex is definitely has more kick to it and the Accra does not feel like a soft flex at all.

Callaway Paradym TD 9, Autoflex 505.

Callaway Paradym TD 15, Autoflex 505X.

TSR2 7 wood, Ventus TR 6S.
Paradym X 5 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym X 6 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym AI Smoke HL 8 hybrid, Ventus 8S.
PXG Gen4 0311ST, 8 to GW. Steelfiber Private Reserve 95R.
Artisan 54, 58. KBS TGI 90.

Callaway PM grind 64, KBS Hi-rev.
Odyssey 2 Balls Armlock.  Vessel Player 3 Stand Bag.

On 12/6/2023 at 7:15 PM, chocolate_rehab said:

Thoughts after one round:

Driver (M0)

• At first, I thought I was going to prefer and keep the Autoflex. The Autoflex has a really noticeable kick that I like, feels like a powerful load that I dig.
  • But I honestly hit one of the longest drives of my life with Accra today, nearly drove the green on a short par 4. That got my attention.
  • I started getting used to the feel and liked it too, it's just different.
  • My swing wasn't perfect today by any means, so the testing will continue.

Fairway (M2)

• Really liked it! Hit a couple super high bombs with it, but didn't get to use it too much today, I hit driver a lot just because I was testing the two driver shafts.
  • Will need a few more rounds but it felt like easy distance and swing depending - stayed pretty straight.
  • Felt stable enough to hit off the ground - I use 3 wood off the deck sometimes to get there in 2 on short par 5s.
  • I went with M2 flex because I've been fit into M3/M4 in Accra fairway shafts before and I wanted to retain some stiffness in the 3 wood. No real science behind it, just my feeling that senior flex would be enough for a little extra distance while keeping good stability.

Would love to get these both on an indoor monitor - might pursue that depending on how the next few outdoor rounds go.

I put the M2 in the Stealth 2+ 5wd mid October and it has been awesome.

Taylor Made BRNR 11.5*

Taylor Made Stealth 2 + 5 wood

Honma TR21 7 wood

Honma TW-X 5-11

Edel SMS 54*, 58*

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

7 hours ago, shaolingolfer said:

You and me have use Autoflex for the longer time,  I have a few rounds with the Accra under my belt, also indoor GC3 in my golf sim.  I am still undecided.  

My instructor told me I seems to be able to time the Autoflex better.  I can swing both about the same speed, Autoflex seems to curve back to center more, launch a little bit higher and both spin about the same.  Autoflex is definitely has more kick to it and the Accra does not feel like a soft flex at all.

Still undecided after today as well - but I am leaning toward the Autoflex just because I like the kick and the feel overall. It's pretty shocking how stable the M0 flex Accra feels for such a soft flex.

Both of these shafts are winners for sure. For the past 2 years nothing has even tempted me with the Autoflex, so the Accra is pretty impressive especially at the $225 price point.

Titleist TSR4 // Autoflex SF505

Callaway AI Smoke Max // Tour AD IZ 55

Ping G430 3H, 4H, 5H // Tour AD IZ 65

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM10 52.08, 56.10 // Steelfiber i90PR

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

On 8/30/2023 at 8:25 PM, Troc said:

Here is another video

This was a painful video to watch. I don’t know what it was, but man…I won’t be watching any more of their stuff. 
I also enjoyed how they said that autoflex was tricking the industry or whatever he said, seemed like they were just trying to justify why it didn’t work for him. Of course softer shafts will work well for slower swings, they failed to acknowledge that there are a lot of higher ss players who got along really well with autoflex. 

Grabbed an M0 from Peoples and gotta spend some time with it. Should be fun. 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 6:16 PM, chocolate_rehab said:

Still undecided after today as well - but I am leaning toward the Autoflex just because I like the kick and the feel overall. It's pretty shocking how stable the M0 flex Accra feels for such a soft flex.

Both of these shafts are winners for sure. For the past 2 years nothing has even tempted me with the Autoflex, so the Accra is pretty impressive especially at the $225 price point.

I played Sunday with Accra and yesterday with Autoflex, I have decided to stay with Autoflex.  Anyone want the Accra with Callaway adapter, please PM me.

Callaway Paradym TD 9, Autoflex 505.

Callaway Paradym TD 15, Autoflex 505X.

TSR2 7 wood, Ventus TR 6S.
Paradym X 5 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym X 6 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym AI Smoke HL 8 hybrid, Ventus 8S.
PXG Gen4 0311ST, 8 to GW. Steelfiber Private Reserve 95R.
Artisan 54, 58. KBS TGI 90.

Callaway PM grind 64, KBS Hi-rev.
Odyssey 2 Balls Armlock.  Vessel Player 3 Stand Bag.

Anyone try the Graffaloy pro launch blue 45g L or A flex ?  Another forum that seems to be the most popular Otto Phlex alternative. 

I tried a 4.0 40g Even flow Blue CB and it was a mess for me. High push fades and I’m usually a drawer of the ball 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

:taylormade: Qi10 Max 12* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5R

PING G430 SFT 5w 19* | 7w 22* Alta CB Black (set to +/Flat)

Exotics Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design Tour G

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke HL 6-AW True Temper Elevate 85R

PING Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* | Smart Sole C 4.0

PING PLD Anser 2D

Got my 140m0 in today paired with my stealth 2 plus head. Took it to the range for the first time. My first take on it is of course it feels flimsy and whippy when standing over the ball waggling it. On the swing it does in fact feel pretty stable for being such a soft flex. Took a few swings to get a rhythm going. First impression was wow this thing is fast. I usually game a tour ad di 6 with ball speeds of 160-162. With the FX I saw an instant jump to 166-168. I was having issue with leaving drives out to the right with it though and also I felt like I was ballooning the ball with it. My average launch was at around 10 with it but just seeing the height felt like I was launching at 13-15 degrees. My driver is set to 8.75 at the moment. I seemed to be getting better carry but not getting the roll out I generally had with my ad di. Again this was the first time out with it so might do some tinkering.

Also just put an Evenflow riptide cb 6.0 50 gram into my sim titanium 3 wood and wow what a difference in height, speed and carry compared to my Hzrdus blue RDX. I will be sticking with that set up going forward.

Jury is still out on the Accra for me

Edited by ewood39

15 hours ago, erock9174 said:

Anyone try the Graffaloy pro launch blue 45g L or A flex ?  Another forum that seems to be the most popular Otto Phlex alternative. 

I tried a 4.0 40g Even flow Blue CB and it was a mess for me. High push fades and I’m usually a drawer of the ball 

I've played the Pro Launch Blue 45 in both L and A off and on most of this past season and like them both although I think I personally hit the L a little bit better.  

My brother is currently using my A flex in his driver with good results as well.

I also have an MP5 in L that I mix in on occasion and in fact played it on Monday and it is also an excellent feeling and performing shaft although pretty hard to find now.

I'm an old guy with a driver swing speed in the 90's and I can still get it out there 250 plus which is pretty good in the winter time.  During the summer months I was getting another 20 - 25 yards with very little effort which to me is the whole key.

While these shafts will stand up to faster more aggressive swings it is my opinion they perform best when a guy is swinging smoothly and hitting the ball on the club face which is pretty much true with any club shaft combination.

All that being said I've been wanting to try the Accra but just haven't been able to justify the extra expense when the Pro Launch and MP5 perform so well for a third of the price.

Maybe in the spring I'll give one a shot.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

I am sticking with the Autoflex just because I actually like that whippy/loading feel. The Accra has a more stable/solid feeling, so I feel like this is a really good one for people who hated the Autoflex or felt they couldn't "time" it up.

These two shafts produce similar distance for me, the Accra is really a great shaft. The fairway I think I am keeping for the time being, I need to do some more head to head with my Vista Pro. Hit some really high bombs today, my swing was good.

My testing was with the TSR1 and TSR2 Titleist heads, can't really go wrong with either imo.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 // Autoflex SF505

Callaway AI Smoke Max // Tour AD IZ 55

Ping G430 3H, 4H, 5H // Tour AD IZ 65

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM10 52.08, 56.10 // Steelfiber i90PR

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2023 at 4:49 PM, chocolate_rehab said:

I am sticking with the Autoflex just because I actually like that whippy/loading feel. The Accra has a more stable/solid feeling, so I feel like this is a really good one for people who hated the Autoflex or felt they couldn't "time" it up.

These two shafts produce similar distance for me, the Accra is really a great shaft. The fairway I think I am keeping for the time being, I need to do some more head to head with my Vista Pro. Hit some really high bombs today, my swing was good.

My testing was with the TSR1 and TSR2 Titleist heads, can't really go wrong with either imo.

If you’re selling I’d be interested in picking it up to try out. I’ve been keeping an eye on this thread for a while but just created my account here. I typically use a Ventus Red 6-X and have been intrigued by the Autoflexes for a while but can’t stomach the price. Let me know!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jjt350 said:

If you’re selling I’d be interested in picking it up to try out. I’ve been keeping an eye on this thread for a while but just created my account here. I typically use a Ventus Red 6-X and have been intrigued by the Autoflexes for a while but can’t stomach the price. Let me know!

I have one I’m thinking about moving. It has a TM adapter on it. Shaft feels great and I found gains but I just haven’t been able to find the consistently with it. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/13/2023 at 9:44 AM, vernon said:

I've played the Pro Launch Blue 45 in both L and A off and on most of this past season and like them both although I think I personally hit the L a little bit better.  

My brother is currently using my A flex in his driver with good results as well.

I also have an MP5 in L that I mix in on occasion and in fact played it on Monday and it is also an excellent feeling and performing shaft although pretty hard to find now.

I'm an old guy with a driver swing speed in the 90's and I can still get it out there 250 plus which is pretty good in the winter time.  During the summer months I was getting another 20 - 25 yards with very little effort which to me is the whole key.

While these shafts will stand up to faster more aggressive swings it is my opinion they perform best when a guy is swinging smoothly and hitting the ball on the club face which is pretty much true with any club shaft combination.

All that being said I've been wanting to try the Accra but just haven't been able to justify the extra expense when the Pro Launch and MP5 perform so well for a third of the price.

Maybe in the spring I'll give one a shot.

Well as usual I couldn't wait and ordered the Accra on 28 December.  Of course we've been under ice and snowpack ever since until just the last couple of days when we finally melted most of the snow.

Range and course have still been closed however but might open up today.  If so I'm gonna try and head up to the range to hit a few balls for the first time since 23 December.

Been dealing with a bad neck for the last month and although it's much better I'm still not sure if it's up to driver swings after more than a month off.

Absolutely dying to hit the Accra though so hopefully sooner rather than later.

Regardless it's only 50 days, 12 hours, 8 minutes and 55 seconds until spring!

AND pitchers and catchers report in just a little over two weeks so there's that.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, azone said:

had my accra fx 140 m0 in play first time last weekend.  11/12 fairways, longest drive ever on one hole.  Easy to swing, great feel.  Can't wait to hit it again.  Very stable feel, easy to fit into a fairway.  Not going to tell competitors about this...

What's your driver swing speed and swing weight?  Just curious.  I'm in the 105mph range right now.  I was thinking of starting out around D-1 with the Accra for the first time.  

1 hour ago, ssf301 said:

What's your driver swing speed and swing weight?  Just curious.  I'm in the 105mph range right now.  I was thinking of starting out around D-1 with the Accra for the first time.  

I'm slower than you at about 95, (since I turn 71 this year), so the gains are really good.  Have it at D-2 in PXG Gen 5...Have experimented with longer/lighter driver shafts in the past and found a heavier swing weight really facilitated the timing.  The Accra feels really stable and smooth...looking forward to getting used to it.  Was using a GD VR.  Feel like you can really load it half-way down.  Can fit it into a fairway without big adjustments in swing/face delivery.  Did I say I really like it?  This thing is no joke!

• Like 1