AMG Driver Video

Golfbeat

12 hours ago, MPStrat said:

The majority of tour players in history have succeeded despite violating the Wright Balance System, upper core, square hips-early extension model. 

I wonder why this pattern didn’t prevail on tour before the bozo industry really got cooking.

Because most tour players were not upper core. The ones who were and successful looked like this.

A60AFEC0-9260-4628-9DA9-71B92824CA9B.jpeg

A4AB2283-8C15-4824-BEC3-468773429B59.jpeg

Core and predominant ground force matchup in efficient swings. Arm, then hand speed P6+ affect the sequence and the “look” at impact also. The average recreational player doesn’t usually have the arm, then hand speed of a tour player.

Monte has strong, fast hands. Body rotation has no chance in a race with the hands to P7.

I’m not upper core and use less verticals.

83999458-6E65-4845-B847-AA4CCFF8661A.png

Edited by Soloman1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key

6 hours ago, Soloman1 said:

Because most tour players were not upper core. The ones who were and successful looked like this.

Core and predominant ground force matchup in efficient swings. Arm, then hand speed P6+ affect the sequence and the “look” at impact also. The average recreational player doesn’t usually have the arm, then hand speed of a tour player.

Monte has strong, fast hands. Body rotation has no chance in a race with the hands to P7.

Are you able to give the cliff notes on what the differences are between the regions and what causes them? Took a glance but can't tell what exactly drives it.

14 hours ago, Soloman1 said:

Ok, so can I deduce that if I have a player who has square hips at impact, that this player has fast hands and shouldn’t necessarily try to pivot more through impact, because the body can’t keep up with the hands anyway.

WRX Status: FORUM ELDER (certification confirmed)

@MonteScheinblum @Soloman1 or any other experts, I have a question of sorts for you guys as it seems that you understand Wright Balance and also Mike Adams teaching pretty well. 

Per my current understanding I like Mike Adams teaching approach a bit better because it is possible to be a trail post player with slow hips who will have a pretty large weight shift.  I believe that anyone with slow hips would probably be Upper Core per Wright Balance and from what I understand from watching Larry Rinker's videos an Upper Core player will get to the lead side really early and stay there.  So, is there room in the Wright Balance system for someone to have a big weight shift as an upper core player?  Or would Doctor Wright / Larry Rinker teach the upper core swing as demoed by Larry Rinker to someone who seems to be rear post and changing the player's movement pattern?  Of course I am assuming that such a golfer would test out as Upper Core...

Also the same question applies to someone who has really fast hips but is front post per Mike Adams.  Could such a golfer fit into the Wright Balance system? 

I appreciate any thoughts on these points as I really don't know!

On 8/31/2023 at 1:13 AM, MonteScheinblum said:

Yes and it’s all about degrees.  I am an upper and EE

This is the type of engagement vs understanding that requires much deeper interest. 
In stead of bland representation of common facts with modern tech, swing data research and interpretation needs to be reconnected for the build of better models.  

2 hours ago, baudi said:

This is the type of engagement vs understanding that requires much deeper interest. 
In stead of bland representation of common facts with modern tech, swing data research and interpretation needs to be reconnected for the build of better models.  

Yeah, that’s a fancy way of saying, “No golf swing shaming.” I agree with that… kinda.

WRX Status: FORUM ELDER (certification confirmed)

6 hours ago, Nels55 said:

@MonteScheinblum @Soloman1 or any other experts, I have a question of sorts for you guys as it seems that you understand Wright Balance and also Mike Adams teaching pretty well. 

Per my current understanding I like Mike Adams teaching approach a bit better because it is possible to be a trail post player with slow hips who will have a pretty large weight shift.  I believe that anyone with slow hips would probably be Upper Core per Wright Balance and from what I understand from watching Larry Rinker's videos an Upper Core player will get to the lead side really early and stay there.  So, is there room in the Wright Balance system for someone to have a big weight shift as an upper core player?  Or would Doctor Wright / Larry Rinker teach the upper core swing as demoed by Larry Rinker to someone who seems to be rear post and changing the player's movement pattern?  Of course I am assuming that such a golfer would test out as Upper Core...

Also the same question applies to someone who has really fast hips but is front post per Mike Adams.  Could such a golfer fit into the Wright Balance system? 

I appreciate any thoughts on these points as I really don't know!

Mike and Terry have stopped testing for hip speed. They evolve. 

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key

8 hours ago, virtuoso said:

Ok, so can I deduce that if I have a player who has square hips at impact, that this player has fast hands and shouldn’t necessarily try to pivot more through impact, because the body can’t keep up with the hands anyway.

Yes, and you should also deduce that, although he was an extreme outlier, square hips is fine because Brian Gay was an ATM on tour and that Brian is one of the few that the bozos didn’t ruin. So running under the assumption that most men are upper core, that Brian Gay was an ATM, most tour players are “mid and lower core” but not really because Doc Wright secretly agrees with Monte that they are really all “upper core” like Monte is but were ruined as children so therefore…

Square hips with early extension: correct and good 

Unless they are hitting it terrible, then the core region becomes irrelevant and square hips and early extension become a swing fault and the instructor must enter bozo mode

pretty funny and that one of the AMG threads became a Dr Wright/ Larry Rinker thread - Monte/ Soloman - thanks for that very interesting!

Dr Wright's has a whole bunch of commentary on the hips/ core conditioning  'Creating Core Symmetry for Maximum Range of Motion' is a whole course

- for those that have crappy hips/ posture i thought this was super interesting - and it does make me wonder

how did this guy go from the golf/ baseball research to the core?  i'll assume it was somewhat personal - like he had back pain and crappy hips (like i do)

that said i find a little of the videos on the core - hard to follow but i get the gist of it

People are the CEOs of their own swings so no offense to anyone but the core thing is just another gimmick. I put it in the same category with the TPI stuff, Jim Hardy and many others. But if that's your thing go for it.

The core theory might be beneficial to someone with limited range of motion or issues maintaining dynamic balance. Otherwise, why use a few major joints when you can use them all to apply the maximum amount of energy with the least amount of effort to a golf ball. 

5 hours ago, Soloman1 said:

Mike and Terry have stopped testing for hip speed. They evolve. 

Really?  When did this happen?  

Here is a video posted one year ago where Mike talks about the hip speed test.  You can see at about the 23 minute mark:

Have they changed there teaching?  Do they try to get students hips open now where in the past they would have left them alone?  

17 minutes ago, tthomasgolfer605 said:

I'd like to play with all these instructors to see how good their games are. I'm with Lee Trevino on who to take lessons from. 

I've said the same thing in the past regarding only taking lessons from someone who could beat me and got blasted by folks on here, lol

Edited by MK7Golf21
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MK7Golf21 said:

I've said the same thing in the past regarding only taking lessons from someone who could beat me and got blasted by folks on here, lol

Same here. I said I'd rather pick Tiger's brain rather than Butch and his other flunkies and they disagreed. Hank Haney would have to pay me what he charges to listen to him. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rdailey9108 said:

You got a serious hard on for Monte sir.

And the constant baiting it gets old - can't imagine the scars from having to the ER every couple of days because it's been more than 4 hours.

Kudos to Monte for not taking the bait and still trying to help those that are interested.  

Edited by Hawkeye77
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MonteScheinblum said:

Being able to play at a high level is one piece of the puzzle.  It helps me.  However, most elite golfers are terrible at teaching and a lot of excellent teachers are very mediocre golfers.  Had I just used what I knew as a high level player and didn’t study the swing, the data and talk to experts in movement and learning, I’d be terrible at what I do.  In 2002 I was still a high level player.  Almost made it into the US Open and cashed a bunch of big checks on a tour right below the korn ferry level.  If you asked me to teach golf in 2003, I would have been awful.

If you look at the great coaches and managers in other sports, most were mediocre to bad players……or not players at all.

yeah I get that. I'm not really saying take a lesson from someone just because they are a good player. I'm just saying I would rather take a lesson from someone who went into teaching and had played at a high level vs. someone who has never played high level golf and is all head knowledge. I like my teacher to be able to do and show me at a high level what they want me to do. 

People bring up coaches in other sports but generally coaches are more mental/management. They have others like pitching coaches/b,  coaches, hitting coaches, qb coaches who from my experience the majority played at high levels at one point.

Just now, MK7Golf21 said:

yeah I get that. I'm not really saying take a lesson from someone just because they are a good player. I'm just saying I would rather take a lesson from someone who went into teaching and had played at a high level vs. someone who has never played high level golf and is all head knowledge. I like my teacher to be able to do and show me at a high level what they want me to do. 

People bring up coaches in other sports but generally coaches are more mental/management. They have others like pitching coaches/b,  coaches, hitting coaches, qb coaches who from my experience the majority played at high levels at one point.

All fair points.  I wasn’t disagreeing with you or the notion that learning from a better player is a good idea, I’m just saying that discounting someone’s ability to understand and teach the swing because they don’t play that well is not right either.

I’ve learned a lot from people who I could give a stroke a hole to and take their lunch money.

• Like 1

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye77 said:

And it gets old - can't imagine the scars from having to the ER every couple of days because it's been more than 4 hours.

I'm all for having differing views on things. It honestly allows for good discussion and allows instruction to advance. So there's a line I'd say.

7 minutes ago, Rdailey9108 said:

I'm all for having differing views on things. It honestly allows for good discussion and allows instruction to advance. So there's a line I'd say.

I learn a lot when people disagree with what I say.

I only learn about the person when they are snide and discount what I say. 

• Like 4

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

49 minutes ago, MonteScheinblum said:

If someone thinks 2+2=5, they’re going to think someone who says it’s 4 is a moron.

Or even when one person says 3+1=4 and the other is saying 2+2=4. They might be approaching it from different ways, but the end result is the same (which we all hope for in golf). You'd think people would understand that humans are complex and need different things to succeed but 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hawkeye77 said:

And the constant baiting it gets old - can't imagine the scars from having to the ER every couple of days because it's been more than 4 hours.

Kudos to Monte for not taking the bait and still trying to help those that are interested.  

This is the same “everyone sit in their chairs and be quiet while the teacher is talking” brown nosing that has actually gotten a lot better over the last half a year or so but still exists. 

These are golf swing discussions. Disagreements about how to swing a golf club. Criticizing sketchy “systems of golf swing evaluation” that Saul Goodman would endorse, so that people who are thinking of paying their hard earned money might give some extra thought about whether it’s worth their investment.

None of my criticisms has ever been “Monte is a bad human being” Do I disagree with some of the content in the videos he sells? Vehemently. His counter to that is that for me to criticize, I must believe 2+2=5 and that some honest critiques of him and his buddies teaching methods leads him to believe that I am snide and a bad person. 

My replies are benign and never personal  and I come here to give honest opinions and discuss. Many do not like that.  I am ok with that. I know it’s not good for business.