2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Wilson 2024 new staff blade/cb, dynapower forged, staff wedges, staff balls

67VIP

"I get it.  But as you pointed out, wouldn’t it make sense to have less options for the average duffer as you put it,  and more for the connoisseur?"

That makes some sense for sure.  Shaft insanity.  Take away all the shaft "analysis", would a place like clubber champion have a chance to survive?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Pnwpingi210 said:

I get it.  But as you pointed out, wouldn’t it make sense to have less options for the average duffer as you put it,  and more for the connoisseur?

I usually play a px, kbs tour, or modus.  Give me one of those in 125-130 grams and xstiff and I can get an idea of how the club feels and will play for me.   Wilson doesn’t offer that in my neck of the woods.  That’s a miss.    

Wilson offers kbs tour 120/130, project x 6.5, modus 120/130, dynamic gold tour issue s400/x100, kbs tour v, kbs $-taper 110/120/130, Recoil Dart 65/75/95/105, steel fiber 80/95/110 and so forth and so on. All of that is in stock for custom order…if you know what you want but don’t have a local dealer let me know, maybe I can help. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dynapwr Carbon/TSr3 10.0*     w/Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 60g
Taylormade Qi10 Fwy 15* & Hyb 19*
w/Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 60/70g

Wilson Staff Utility Iron 21*
w/Hzrdus Smoke RDX Black 80g

Wilson Staff Dynapwr Forged 5-PW

w/KBS $-Taper 110

Vokey SM9 48/52/58 w/DG S200

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5+

12 minutes ago, Orchardist said:

"I get it.  But as you pointed out, wouldn’t it make sense to have less options for the average duffer as you put it,  and more for the connoisseur?"

That makes some sense for sure.  Shaft insanity.  Take away all the shaft "analysis", would a place like clubber champion have a chance to survive?

I would hope not, their fitting fees are criminal…we don’t charge a dime for fitting and no appointment is necessary. We custom order clubs all the time…in fact half the store stock I order is with better alternate stock shafts that don’t have an upcharge. Ping G430 is an example, we don’t offer it with the AWT steel shaft, we sell it with DG105 in stiff & regular at the standard price and are literally throwing them out the door. I have started stocking the Wilson Dynapower with kbs tour lite instead of kbs max 85…better shaft and less subject to breakage, especially with beginners.

w/KBS $-Taper 110

33 minutes ago, 67VIP said:

Wilson offers kbs tour 120/130, project x 6.5, modus 120/130, dynamic gold tour issue s400/x100, kbs tour v, kbs $-taper 110/120/130, Recoil Dart 65/75/95/105, steel fiber 80/95/110 and so forth and so on. All of that is in stock for custom order…if you know what you want but don’t have a local dealer let me know, maybe I can help. 

I have the ability to order the shaft, it’s just not in the fitting cart to demo.  S300 was the only their demo cart over 120 and stiff.  Thats less than ideal me.  No demo, no buy 🙂

we are starting to diverge from the main topic….which is the release of a criminally underrated iron!

Edited by Pnwpingi210

I wonder if the dynapower forged will be of same dna as the standard, with the center/toe bias  as most misses are in that area.

IMG_1422.webp

Wasn’t the Wilson D9 forged bias towards the heel, especially with the power holes arrangement?

from Wilson site for D9 forged. 

“A new, asymmetrical Power Hole arrangement is optimized for forged heads and is biased towards the heel of the club, opening the face and increasing contact time with the ball for maximum speed and distance, all in a sleek player’s profile.”

I gamed the D9 forged for a little while and thought they were amazing irons, except for toe side forgiveness.  

Edited by Lftygolfnut

For sure we don't all live within a reasonable proximity to a demo or fitting center and Wilson offers in my view a superb selection of shafts. 

I want Wilson to sell the hell out of the Staff irons because they are so so good.

Everything I have found from hitting different shafts to be true is written about here though I know nothing about this store.  I've been surprised many times.  If this helps anybody out in remote areas, good.  Not intended to be a fire starter.  It's a little behind in time as the KBS Tour 90 is now the Tour Lite and a much more lively shaft, maybe not necessarily softer.  Rage on.

https://exactgolf.com/pages/iron-shaft-comparison

Edited by Orchardist
spell

21 minutes ago, Lftygolfnut said:

I wonder if the dynapower forged will be of same dna as the standard, with the center/toe bias  as most misses are in that area.

IMG_1422.webp

Wasn’t the Wilson D9 forged bias towards the heel, especially with the power holes arrangement?

“A new, asymmetrical Power Hole arrangement is optimized for forged heads and is biased towards the heel of the club, opening the face and increasing contact time with the ball for maximum speed and distance, all in a sleek player’s profile.”

I gamed the D9 forged for a little while and thought they were amazing irons, except for toe side forgiveness.  

Two completely different clubs, Dynapower irons are cast oversized game improvement clubs that are targeted at beginners and high handicappers. D9 Forged is a player’s distance club targeted at the better player with more consistent ball striking skill. The sweet spot is just inside center as that is where most better ball strikers hit the ball…same with the Staff CB, in fact the two make a great combo set.

w/KBS $-Taper 110

I'd love more info on the wedges. I will be replacing my Cobra Snake bites in the new year. They don't bite as hard anymore. Could be that the Snake handler is old.

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60
Wilson Staff Bucktown Putter

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

I am anxious to see how Wilson will interpret the new shield on their Tour and walking bags, Headwear, gloves, towels and apparel. They've used the current shield on head covers for their tour guys. Never seen it offered at retail. I know they offer a lot of clothing in tennis and other activities. Even footwear. Perhaps they will launch more golf apparel with the Wilson script and new shield.

If they do it right it's awesome to have walking billboards for your stuff.

• Like 1

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60
Wilson Staff Bucktown Putter

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

Solid looking irons from Wilson Staff again, wish I could say the same about their driver's.

• Confused 1

TSR3 9* | Ventus Blue TR 6X

TSR2+ 13* | Ventus Red 7X 

T200 2-Iron | Ventus Blue HY 10X

T150's 3-PW | DG TI X100

SM10 Raw 

50.12F | DG TI X100

54.12D | DG TI S400

60.08M | DG TI S400

TM MySpider X Blk on Blk 34"

Titleist Pro V1

30 minutes ago, 1s1k said:

Solid looking irons from Wilson Staff again, wish I could say the same about their driver's.

The Dynapower drivers are terrific, especially the carbon. The stock hzrdus smoke red rdx 50g and Ventus blue 60g are definitely too whippy…the hzrdus smoke rdx red & black 60/70g in R/S/X are another animal altogether. They also offer the Ventus TR Velocore in red/blue/black in 50/60/70g in R/S/X flexes. Tour AD is also offered but not many of those are currently in stock. I played the TSR3 and Stealth 2 Plus earlier this year and the Dynapower Carbon was longer for me than both…not even close. 

• Like 2

w/KBS $-Taper 110

@67VIP While I don't doubt they have nice shaft offerings. It's just my opinion, I didn't care for the Wilson Dynapower driver and that's ok.  That's great that the driver works wonderfully for you.  It's just not cup of tea. Just like with ice cream, I'm glad there are so many flavors to try because after awhile vanilla would get pretty boring.

TSR3 9* | Ventus Blue TR 6X

TSR2+ 13* | Ventus Red 7X 

T200 2-Iron | Ventus Blue HY 10X

T150's 3-PW | DG TI X100

SM10 Raw 

50.12F | DG TI X100

54.12D | DG TI S400

60.08M | DG TI S400

TM MySpider X Blk on Blk 34"

Titleist Pro V1

4 hours ago, Lftygolfnut said:

IMG_1422.webp

The marketing can be confusing but they are referring to different things.  The Dynapower design was to move the horizontal CG (side to side) a little more toward the toe. It is helpful for higher handicappers based on data showing where they tend to have face impacts. 

The “heel bias” mentioned in the D9 Forged is referring to the placement of the power holes — thinner and sleeker vs the D7 Forged so they could return more mass to the D9F sole and lower the vertical CG (measured up from the sole.) (Having more of the power hole opening on the heel side also moves more steel toward the sole’s toe side to increase MOI.) This actually should make the D9F a little more resistant to twisting vs the D7 Forged because the D9F has more sole weight toward the toe. 

The sweet spot on both is still going to be just inside middle, like on most irons, so we’re talking degrees of forgiveness. Toe side is still a miss, they’re trying to limit distance loss. 

I hit the current Staff Model CBs again today (7-G). They definitely are best just heel side of middle. Not hard to do that and man, the strikes feel pure and are on target. They are something else, a joy through the turf.

Edited by dmeeksDC

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

On 9/22/2023 at 3:50 AM, 67VIP said:

Wilson will offer three new iron sets for 2024; a new staff model blade and cb iron set with dynamic gold mid 115 as the stock shaft for spring 2024 (probable February release). Both irons with have the same specs so they can be built in a combo set at any point in the progression if desired. The new Dynapower Forged will have the kbs tour lite as the stock shaft and is slightly sleeker than the current D9 Forged…it’s absolutely gorgeous! The new staff wedges will offer what appears to be three sole grinds with the same lofts as this year’s models but with the dynamic gold tour issue spinner as the stock shaft. The heads are more substantial than the current offerings and the toe has a swirling pattern similar to Cleveland’s wedges. There will be no change to the duosoft or triad ball, but the staff model is getting a substantial makeover and split into two new models. The Staff X is a four piece ball that will be a bit firmer than the current model and the Staff will be a softer four piece ball…in fact it felt similar to triad but with a higher trajectory and more short game spin. There are a wide variety of custom shaft options for the irons & wedges; everything from steelfiber and recoil dart, to most flavors of dynamic gold/kbs tour/modus/project x. I currently play kbs $-taper 110 in the D9 Forged and cannot wait to get a set of the new Dynapower Forged with the same shaft…very sexy offerings coming down the pipe from Wilson. The new Wilson script on the staff model balls is a result of discussions with the tour staff. Wilson has the largest professional sports player advisory team in the industry and the tour staff wanted their equipment to basically say team Wilson…which to me indicates there may be some cross marketing somewhere down the road. 2024 is gonna be a very good year. 

IMG_5380.jpeg

IMG_5381.jpeg

IMG_5382.jpeg

IMG_5383.jpeg

IMG_5384.jpeg

IMG_5385.jpeg

IMG_5386.jpeg

IMG_5387.jpeg

IMG_5388.jpeg

IMG_5389.jpeg

IMG_5390.jpeg

IMG_5391.jpeg

IMG_5392.jpeg

IMG_5393.jpeg

IMG_5394.jpeg

Does anyone know what this means on my Wilson blades that are stamped on the hosel??

IMG_1888.jpeg

IMG_1889.jpeg

3 hours ago, Ranman said:

Wilson Golf has really stepped it up. The Dynapower line is very good. Both drivers perform well and just get overlooked. Irons have always been very good. The new Staff Model Forged wedge will spin more than previous model and have more grinds and bounce options. As for the Staff Model and Model X I tested it on the course and wish it was available now. I played the X and it is very good. Feel with driver, irons and putter is exactly what I like. The distance and ball flight off the driver is very impressive. Iron results were equally good as ball flight and spin seemed actually better than the the balls I’ve been gaming. I had a higher launch with my 5 iron which I really liked. The spin around the greens is also spot on. I plan to test on my GC Quad to get some actual data. I will definitely put in play as soon as available for retail. 

I agree…the Dynapower drivers are getting overlooked at retail but the reviews online are stellar. Shaft is key…most golfers should look at the 60g rdx red/black shafts, the 50g and Ventus 60 are just too whippy. Quite a few exotics are available, too.

w/KBS $-Taper 110

Well shoot, with ball plant burning yesterday it might be awhile before we see the new Wilson golf ball models in volume.  They estimate it stops 20% of total global golf ball volume production between the brands. The Taiwan plant had what, five brands in its production. Bridgestone and Callaway included with Wilson. 

2 minutes ago, orr444 said:

Anything out about new driving iron?

Not for 2024…the current staff model is a really great club with a number of shaft options. 

w/KBS $-Taper 110

3 minutes ago, orr444 said:

Does this have a .370 head. I have 1 and the kbs 85s is way too stiff for me. Thinking of reshafting with a softer graphite which mt be a nice trial run with dynapower forged? Thx

yes, it has a .370 hozel. I use the Recoil Dart 75 and it’s amazing in the 18/21* utilities. I couldn’t hit that kbs tour 80g shaft if my life depended on it, way too much shaft for me. The staff utilities blend almost seamlessly into the D9 Forged or the upcoming Dynapower Forged.

Edited by 67VIP

w/KBS $-Taper 110

2 hours ago, orr444 said:

recoil dart 75 r flex is much softer? mt be a nice trial run for dynapower forged as i am looking at graphite. love the kbs tour lite r in my d9 forged but i am looking at graphite. Was also looking at steelfiber fc3 70. thanks

Yes, Recoil Dart 75 is softer than kbs tour 80 graphite…that thing is a piece of rebar. I use Recoil Dart 75R and my swing speed w/7 iron is 74-78mph and driver 95-98mph. On the days I’m swinging well I can put a little extra on it…same w/kbs $-taper 110.

• Like 1

w/KBS $-Taper 110

On 9/26/2023 at 11:08 AM, Glock917 said:

Just curious is that wedge really a bore through? Or is that end cap just aesthetics? 

It's a return to the Fluid Feel idea that Wilson used for decades.  It was their way of helping push the CG a little farther from the hosel, by drilling out weight in the heel/hosel area.  

Can't speak to how much the fluid feel plug affected feel, only owned one set of Fluid Feels over the years, and spent more time with FG17's than those Fluid Feels.

Side note:  Years ago, Golfworks and Golfsmith sold replacement Fluid Feel plugs, in case they were damaged in a reshaft.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Double post

Posting bug strikes again 🙂

Edited by NRJyzr

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Did a fitting yesterday for a Wilson Dynapower driver, dude was a hitter for sure…119 mph swing speed!

Put him in a 10.5* carbon w/hzrdus smoke rdx 70S (which has the same 3.5 torque as the 60x). Guy was hitting line drives with a launch angle at about 11.5* & 23-2400 rpm, yet was carrying 290+ with 31-33 yard peak height and rollout to 310…all with 💩balls in our hitting bay. Some days are more fun than others..

Edited by 67VIP
  • Like 3

w/KBS $-Taper 110

1 hour ago, Orchardist said:

You left out the most important part of the story…….

Does he like the new upcoming logo?

We actually discussed that for over 90 minutes at a local upscale steakhouse…we came to the conclusion that the logo was considerably more important than performance so we have recommended to Wilson Staff that they adopt the attached logo as a four color laser etching yet rollback all technology and performance to the equivalent of the 1971 Staff blades. Revised 2024 product specifications and pictures to follow shortly! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🇺🇸

IMG_5406.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

w/KBS $-Taper 110

On 9/29/2023 at 4:10 PM, 67VIP said:

yes, it has a .370 hozel. I use the Recoil Dart 75 and it’s amazing in the 18/21* utilities. I couldn’t hit that kbs tour 80g shaft if my life depended on it, way too much shaft for me. The staff utilities blend almost seamlessly into the D9 Forged or the upcoming Dynapower Forged.

2nd swing is reshafting my staff model driving iron with recoil dart. Will be a nice tryout to see if I purchase the new dynapower forged with graphite this beats club champion

• Like 1