2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Wilson 2024 new staff blade/cb, dynapower forged, staff wedges, staff balls

67VIP

4 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

I should’ve gotten one when I had the chance. Already out of stock on 5 and 6 irons in the CB on Wilson’s site. 

You could build a combo set with D9F in the 5-7, and CB in 8-PW/GW. Just requires some minor tweaks to loft to line them up. I have a set with Recoil Dart 75 and it works perfectly.

• Like 1

Dynapwr Carbon/TSr3 10.0*     w/Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 60g
Taylormade Qi10 Fwy 15* & Hyb 19*
w/Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 60/70g

Wilson Staff Utility Iron 21*
w/Hzrdus Smoke RDX Black 80g

Wilson Staff Dynapwr Forged 5-PW

w/KBS $-Taper 110

Vokey SM9 48/52/58 w/DG S200

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5+

18 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Agree 100% and couldn’t resist the PUD offer.  By far least expensive and best feeling set of irons I’ve ever had.   And the Recoil Dart shafts only make them that much better feeling.   

Took them out today and I can’t say I’ve ever hit a 5 iron so flush on a couple shots that  felt like I was hitting a PW.  They felt so great and such a nice sound as well 

IMG_9808.jpeg

IMG_9807.jpeg

IMG_9812.jpeg

IMG_9816.jpeg

IMG_9820.jpeg

That is gorgeous! Enjoy them on the links.

• Like 1

w/KBS $-Taper 110

2 hours ago, 67VIP said:

You could build a combo set with D9F in the 5-7, and CB in 8-PW/GW. Just requires some minor tweaks to loft to line them up. I have a set with Recoil Dart 75 and it works perfectly.

Thanks. I have the D9 Forged in 5 and 6 irons now and they are excellent. Really just thinking of the Staff Model CB 5 and 6 as options if I want them and to complete the set. The D9 Forged are extremely forgiving. No complaints at all. A full set of those would be easy to play. Really I’ve just been a little surprised at how playable the Staff Model CBs are. I expected a more demanding club. 

Contacted Wilson today and they said there will be a restock of CB 5 and 6 irons sometime in November. But they’re definitely closing them out. Funny thing is right now buying just the 5 and 6 irons individually is almost half the cost of a new 7-piece set since they are now going for $499. Maple Hill also has pre-owned sets that players returned under their 45 day playability guarantee. Those are currently $449 but would not be surprised if that price drops, since new ones are only $50 more. 

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

3 minutes ago, dmeeksDC said:

Thanks. I have the D9 Forged in 5 and 6 irons now and they are excellent. Really just thinking of the Staff Model CB 5 and 6 as options if I want them and to complete the set. The D9 Forged are extremely forgiving. No complaints at all. A full set of those would be easy to play. Really I’ve just been a little surprised at how playable the Staff Model CBs are. I expected a more demanding club. 

Contacted Wilson today and they said there will be a restock of CB 5 and 6 irons sometime in November. But they’re definitely closing them out. Funny thing is right now buying just the 5 and 6 irons individually is almost half the cost of a new 7-piece set since they are now going for $499. Maple Hill also has pre-owned sets that players returned under their 45 day playability guarantee. Those are currently $449 but would not be surprised if that price drops, since new ones are only $50 more. 

Correction: The price that was $499 all day has gone up to $599. Maybe they discounted them too much! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 67VIP said:

That is gorgeous! Enjoy them on the links.

Two rounds in and they are already making me want to put my T350 aside and I ove the T350.  But there is no comparison in the sound or feel of the two clubs.  

Also im starting to see the true benefit of the higher lofts.   Sure maybe I lose a mph or even two in ball speed.  But I’m getting much more spin and stopping power.  So what If I hit a 8 iron instead of a 9.  Knowing it’s going to stop and go where I’m aiming is worth it. 

also I’m really enjoying the Recoil Darts. They are giving me everytjing the SteelFiber was in accuracy.  And feeling a bit less stifff 

overall really loving these irons.  
I know it’s the honeymoon period.  So we will see 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

31 minutes ago, dmeeksDC said:

Really I’ve just been a little surprised at how playable the Staff Model CBs are. I expected a more demanding club. 

I couldn’t agree with this any more!  Totally my same experience. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

4 hours ago, 67VIP said:

The absurdity of that comment is truly laughable…obviously devoid of knowledge of Wilson’s history in golf or sports in general. Wilson Sporting Goods currently has the largest player advisory staff in the sporting goods industry. The Staff brand is used across sports such as golf, tennis, etc. I have suggested on numerous occasions they bring back the Pro Staff line to golf, but it’s currently locked into their tennis line. In addition, Wilson currently has 65 major golf championships…no current manufacturer comes remotely close. 

I like the Pro Staff suggestion. Seems like it would  be consistent from a marketing standpoint.

How do you like the DynaPwr Driver. I am in the market and love the brand.

• Like 1

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60
Wilson Staff Bucktown Putter

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

On 9/21/2023 at 5:55 PM, 67VIP said:

In 45+ years of golf I have never ever had an issue with glare off a polished chrome iron & I’ve played 100+ rounds a year for the past 30 years. 

Agree. I love chrome irons. 

• Like 1

TSI3 9˚ AV White Raw 65X 

TSR2 15˚ Black 1K 75

Apex UW 19˚ RDX 80

T-150 4-PW - PX 6.0

RTX Zipcore Raw 48M/54M/60L 

Byron Morgan 029x PROTO-Carbon/2022 BB-1F

Pro V1X 

2 minutes ago, chinaski said:

Holds up better than satin too. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Steve o said:

I like the Pro Staff suggestion. Seems like it would  be consistent from a marketing standpoint.

How do you like the DynaPwr Driver. I am in the market and love the brand.

I love the Dynapower Carbon, have not hit the titanium Dynapower. The trick with this club is getting the right shaft (aren’t they all?🤣)…the stock shaft is the 50g Hzrdus Smoke RDX red or 60g Ventus Blue (non velocore…not on par with Taylormade’s version either). Both are far too whippy for most players even in stiff flex. The 60/70g Hzrdus Smoke RDX in Red or Black in R/S/X is an entirely different animal. Depending on your swing speed, launch angle, and spin numbers one of those two models should turn this thing into a rocket launcher for you. I have fit players with very high swing speed (115-120+) with the RDX black in either 60x or 70s/x…depending on spin. Red is excellent too as long as your launch angle is under 15* and spin stays below 3K (ideal is 24-2700). Ball makes a big difference too…if you have high swing speed and high spin, the Chromesoft X/LS will help a lot and is much easier to obtain than prov1x left dash. 

Edited by 67VIP
  • Like 3

w/KBS $-Taper 110

1 hour ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Two rounds in and they are already making me want to put my T350 aside and I ove the T350.  But there is no comparison in the sound or feel of the two clubs.  

Also im starting to see the true benefit of the higher lofts.   Sure maybe I lose a mph or even two in ball speed.  But I’m getting much more spin and stopping power.  So what If I hit a 8 iron instead of a 9.  Knowing it’s going to stop and go where I’m aiming is worth it. 

also I’m really enjoying the Recoil Darts. They are giving me everytjing the SteelFiber was in accuracy.  And feeling a bit less stifff 

overall really loving these irons.  
I know it’s the honeymoon period.  So we will see 

The Triad is a monster for us older guys…it will allow you to wring out every last inch of distance you can get while still giving superb green side performance. The forthcoming Staff ball is even better…😁👍🇺🇸

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

w/KBS $-Taper 110

8 hours ago, 67VIP said:

The Triad is a monster for us older guys…it will allow you to wring out every last inch of distance you can get while still giving superb green side performance. The forthcoming Staff ball is even better…😁👍🇺🇸

I love the Triad. It tracks like it has eyes off the putter. It's funny to me that so many reviews on a variety of websites has been so positive on a variety of DynaPwr clubs. However, certain sites want to always dismiss Wilson as a player.  I appreciate the advocacy on this thread. 

• Like 4

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

On 10/18/2023 at 5:40 AM, Steve o said:

I love the Triad. It tracks like it has eyes off the putter. It's funny to me that so many reviews on a variety of websites has been so positive on a variety of DynaPwr clubs. However, certain sites want to always dismiss Wilson as a player.  I appreciate the advocacy on this thread. 

Thank you, it can be frustrating sometimes when faced with some of the usual 🐂💩 from folks with preconceived notions or flat out false information about a great company busting their a** to make high quality products for the discerning player. I was a MacGregor guy for 15 years…wanted to work for them when I was done with Uncle Sam, but instead watched them self destruct until they committed corporate suicide. They should have stuck with their bread & butter business which had become forged irons and let the rest of it go (woods, wedges, putters). They had Don White…need I say more? 

Once I started working at a retail golf shop after I retired I was able to see daily comparisons with customers looking for new irons (my thing…I don’t enjoy doing driver fittings, most people have ridiculous expectations). Our market is flat out weird…Fittings can be a challenge, but I always try and help people find the right equipment regardless of brand…I only offer my personal preferences when asked. It really pisses me off when some ****** bag says Wilson only makes k mart clubs…I think I actually said once or twice “you have no idea WTF you’re talking about.” That’s the advantage of being a boomer…you can speak your mind without apology. Most customers are impressed with Wilson’s irons when they hit them…especially better players with the D9 Forged and Staff CB. I sold a boat load of D7 Forged…they had fantastic feel thanks to the kbs $-taper lite shaft. The D9 Forged switched to DG 105…it didn’t take off like it should have initially, but has accelerated this year. Part of that is due to switching our store stock over to the alternate stock kbs tour lite…better feel for most players. The price reductions certainly helped as well…not everybody wants to drop $1K+ on a new set of irons. I work four days a week selling golf equipment, play recreational golf 2x a week (wave the Wilson Staff & my corporate flags)…and try and enjoy a proper pint, martini, or a decent steak now and again. Some days are more fun than others…

Edited by 67VIP
  • Like 1

w/KBS $-Taper 110

12 hours ago, chinaski said:

100%.   That’s one of the reasons I don’t care for the staff wedge as much as I would like too.  My staff blades frame the ball so perfectly with the side chrome on the faces.  Satin looks cheap because it is less expensive in its entirety.  
Sun glare? Really? I also play a white golf ball.

Polish on Wilson!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 67VIP said:

Thank you, it can be frustrating sometimes when faced with some of the usual 🐂💩 from folks with preconceived notions or flat out false information about a great company busting their a** to make high quality products for the discerning player. I was a MacGregor guy for 15 years…wanted to work for them when I was done with Uncle Sam, but instead watched them self destruct until they committed corporate suicide. They should have stuck with their bread & butter business which had become forged irons and let the rest of it go (woods, wedges, putters). They had Don White…need I say more? 

Once I started working at a retail golf shop after I retired I was able to see daily comparisons with customers looking for new irons (my thing…I don’t enjoy doing driver fittings, most people have ridiculous expectations). Our market is flat out weird…Fittings can be a challenge, but I always try and help people find the right equipment regardless of brand…I only offer my personal preferences when asked. It really pisses me off when some ****** bag says Wilson only makes k mart clubs…I think I actually said once or twice “you have no idea WTF you’re talking about.” That’s the advantage of being a boomer…you can speak your mind without apology. Most customers are impressed with Wilson’s irons when they hit them…especially better players with the D9 Forged and Staff CB. I sold a boat load of D7 Forged…they had fantastic feel thanks to the kbs $-taper lite shaft. The D9 Forged switched to DG 105…it didn’t take off like it should have initially, but has accelerated this year. Part of that is due to switching our store stock over to the alternate stock kbs tour lite…better feel for most players. The price reductions certainly helped as well…not everybody wants to drop $1K+ on a new set of irons. I became a Wilson Staff Advisory Team member 3 years ago…all they ever asked me to do was present their product to customers when appropriate in store and on the course. So I work four days a week selling golf equipment, play recreational golf 2x a week (wave the Wilson Staff & my corporate flags)…and try and enjoy a proper pint, martini, or a decent steak now and again. Some days are more fun than others…

It’s funny, I was a MacGregor guy too. Jumped in on W/S after the Shark ate MacGregor.  Thanks for the insight 

• Haha 1

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

17 minutes ago, Steve o said:

It’s funny, I was a MacGregor guy too. Jumped in on W/S after the Shark ate MacGregor.  Thanks for the insight 

That was a crying shame, too…Barry Schneider had the will and money to keep MacGregor in the game. The M38/40 Eye O’Matic drivers were excellent, the ViP iron line and later the 1025 Tourney/ViP series irons were phenomenal…they even snagged Bobby Grace and initially brought out a couple of great putters. Then came MACTEC…and Greg Norman, what a disaster. 

w/KBS $-Taper 110

12 hours ago, Orchardist said:

Sun glare? Really? I also play a white golf ball.

Ha!  You radical. 😏

If someone is getting glare in their eyes from a chrome iron while hitting a golf shot, my advice is step away and have a PGA professional take a look at your setup.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, dmeeksDC said:

Ha!  You radical. 😏

If someone is getting glare in their eyes from a chrome iron while hitting a golf shot, my advice is step away and have a PGA professional take a look at your setup.

I had this happen with a wedge.  Only took about a second and my retinas felt like a hole had been burn through.  Took about about 3 mins to not have a blind spot similar to when you look directly at the sun.

That being said, only happened once and never with an iron.

On 10/17/2023 at 7:06 PM, 67VIP said:

Triad is my go to at this time. Which of the two new STAFF balls are you referring to?

Club Fitter/Builder (Wishon)

719MW  11* Red R Shaft - 919THI 11* Black S 65 shaft 
EQ1-NX 3, 927HS 5, 7 woods Red R-Flex
797HS 4 & 5 Red R Shaft 
585's, EQ1-NX, 550 combo, 575's, 565's various shafts
20+ wedges!

Wishon Cavity Black CB4 putter

Willy, Bridgy, Srixy Balls

34 minutes ago, TKS said:

Triad is my go to at this time. Which of the two new STAFF balls are you referring to?

The new Staff Model (black number) not the new Staff Model X (red number). Despite being a four piece ball it feels very similar to the Triad, has a higher trajectory, and more green side spin. The Staff X is a much firmer ball targeted at players with a swing speed of 100+mph. 

IMG_5394.jpeg

IMG_5393.jpeg

• Like 2

w/KBS $-Taper 110

20 hours ago, 67VIP said:

That was a crying shame, too…Barry Schneider had the will and money to keep MacGregor in the game. The M38/40 Eye O’Matic drivers were excellent, the ViP iron line and later the 1025 Tourney/ViP series irons were phenomenal…they even snagged Bobby Grace and initially brought out a couple of great putters. Then came MACTEC…and Greg Norman, what a disaster. 

I still have a Bobby Grace putter from his short time there. 

• Like 2

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

29 minutes ago, Steve o said:

I still have a Bobby Grace putter from his short time there. 

Me too, I have two Fat Lady Swings!

• Like 2

w/KBS $-Taper 110

On 10/17/2023 at 9:06 PM, 67VIP said:

• Thanks 1

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

I know it's beating a dead horse but i am curious how  the updated shield's going to look on bags, gloves, hats and apparel. The current shield looked awesome to me. Of their numerous marketing issues the shield didn't seem like one of them.

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

Plus one on a Bobby Grace.  Mine is sitting against the left side of my desk currently……by the putting mat. Sure, I’d be happy hold.  

Is the new 24 model staff ball available now?

Is the current inventory all they have as well? Wilson was listed as one of the ball lines lost to the ball factory fire, perhaps the top tier ball line is manufactured elsewhere.  

11 hours ago, 67VIP said:

The new Staff Model (black number) not the new Staff Model X (red number). Despite being a four piece ball it feels very similar to the Triad, has a higher trajectory, and more green side spin. The Staff X is a much firmer ball targeted at players with a swing speed of 100+mph. 

IMG_5394.jpeg

IMG_5393.jpeg

Very good to know - thank you. I had been hoping for the spin of the excellent FGTour ball to be reintroduced in some way. It sounds like the black may have done that by keeping the feel of the Triad and adding a touch more greenside spin.  What do you know about availability dates?

Club Fitter/Builder (Wishon)

719MW  11* Red R Shaft - 919THI 11* Black S 65 shaft 
EQ1-NX 3, 927HS 5, 7 woods Red R-Flex
797HS 4 & 5 Red R Shaft 
585's, EQ1-NX, 550 combo, 575's, 565's various shafts
20+ wedges!

Wishon Cavity Black CB4 putter

Willy, Bridgy, Srixy Balls

45 minutes ago, TKS said:

Very good to know - thank you. I had been hoping for the spin of the excellent FGTour ball to be reintroduced in some way. It sounds like the black may have done that by keeping the feel of the Triad and adding a touch more greenside spin.  What do you know about availability dates?

Early 2024…the sooner the better. I believe they are trying to get out as early as possible but that is dependent on mfg and delivery. 👍

w/KBS $-Taper 110

3 hours ago, Orchardist said:

Plus one on a Bobby Grace.  Mine is sitting against the left side of my desk currently……by the putting mat. Sure, I’d be happy hold.  

Is the new 24 model staff ball available now?

Is the current inventory all they have as well? Wilson was listed as one of the ball lines lost to the ball factory fire, perhaps the top tier ball line is manufactured elsewhere.  

The balls are not available yet, I only got a couple of samples. They are making an effort to get it out ASAP. The factory fire will have Zero impact…👍

Edited by 67VIP
  • Like 1

w/KBS $-Taper 110

3 hours ago, Steve o said:

I know it's beating a dead horse but i am curious how  the updated shield's going to look on bags, gloves, hats and apparel. The current shield looked awesome to me. Of their numerous marketing issues the shield didn't seem like one of them.

I believe the only change is on the clubs…everything else should remain the same.

w/KBS $-Taper 110