2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Wilson 2024 new staff blade/cb, dynapower forged, staff wedges, staff balls

67VIP

37 minutes ago, 67VIP said:

We actually discussed that for over 90 minutes at a local upscale steakhouse…we came to the conclusion that the logo was considerably more important than performance so we have recommended to Wilson Staff that they adopt the attached logo as a four color laser etching yet rollback all technology and performance to the equivalent of the 1971 Staff blades. Revised 2024 product specifications and pictures to follow shortly! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🇺🇸

IMG_5406.jpeg

I'll only buy Wilson if they etch that on the face as well as the back of the iron head.

Hi,

i just got some CBs from 2nd-hand retailer => oups ! great sticks.

My "!?" is => the CB 2024 lost their "triangle pattern" on the back, to move to a "softer" Wilson blade pattern...

I'm waiting for tests & reviews thru youtube etc, to get info about these 2 very different irons...

... they should be different vs feel & more ?

Rgds

8 hours ago, phile5 said:

Hi,

My "!?" is => the CB 2024 lost their "triangle pattern" on the back, to move to a "softer" Wilson blade pattern...

I'm waiting for tests & reviews thru youtube etc, to get info about these 2 very different irons...

Rgds

Probably will with a change in stock shaft and redistribution of weight in the cavity back. The current CB has 20g of tungsten in the toe on the 2-7 irons, if they change that it will have an impact on feel as well. 

Dynapwr Carbon/TSr3 10.0*     w/Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 60g
Taylormade Qi10 Fwy 15* & Hyb 19*
w/Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 60/70g

Wilson Staff Utility Iron 21*
w/Hzrdus Smoke RDX Black 80g

Wilson Staff Dynapwr Forged 5-PW

w/KBS $-Taper 110

Vokey SM9 48/52/58 w/DG S200

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5+

9 hours ago, phile5 said:

Hi,

Rgds

They did not make major changes. The previous V6 and current Staff Model CB feel exactly the same to me. Changes they made this time are very subtle. Staff pros did not want it changed a lot.

I would not say the new one and the current one are very different irons. Much more an evolution than a revolution. I sure hope the feel hasn’t changed because the current one feels fantastic. My expectation is the difference in performance will be little to none. 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

13 hours ago, Orchardist said:

5B90CF67-FB94-4967-99F2-30E5D75C9D1C.jpeg.40f92d1617f41b10af7e1c9e53c033b5.jpeg

Adding more lead tape to the current Staff wedge.  Hoping Wilson kicks it up a notch for 2024, it’s so close to a top shelf wedge option. Not giving up on playing this one yet.

I’ve played them off & on for the past 3 years, originally with the standard DG 120 but now I have two sets of the staff 5208 and staff tour grind 5810 with the heavier DG S300…I get much better feel and distance control. I’m looking forward to trying the new wedges…might even experiment with DG S400 which is supposed to be the ultimate wedge shaft according to some old school guys I know. 

• Like 1

w/KBS $-Taper 110

On 10/3/2023 at 1:26 PM, Orchardist said:

Going to fly the Wilson flag this winter with one of these...

https://www.wilson.com/en-us/product/ws-bag-qs-wg40041#colorsteamname=84316

Say it loudly say it proudly. All for $79.

Nice looking bag. Unreal for the price. 

• Like 1

S400 in the wedge?  Give it a go. Who knows, sometimes the answer is not where we think it might be.  Wedges are so subjective and personal.  Balance point swing weight total weight….I rather just play golf.  300’s and spinners in ma wedges now.

Wilson also makes some fantastic putters at great pricing.  I tried a couple out that fit my eye and was once again shocked at how good they played.  What was I expecting?  Even though I know better they Always surprise me.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Orchardist said:

S400 in the wedge?  Give it a go. Who knows, sometimes the answer is not where we think it might be.  Wedges are so subjective and personal.  Balance point swing weight total weight….I rather just play golf.  300’s and spinners in ma wedges now.

Wilson also makes some fantastic putters at great pricing.  I tried a couple out that fit my eye and was once again shocked at how good they played.  What was I expecting?  Even though I know better they Always surprise me.

I use a Bucktown and have no reason to switch. Great putter.

Edited by Steve o
  • Like 3

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60
Wilson Staff Bucktown Putter

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

2 hours ago, Orchardist said:

Their infinite putters are excellent, especially the Bucktown and Michigan Ave. I told them they need to add the Michigan Ave to the staff series…I have the TM22 and it’s great on fast/very fast greens.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

w/KBS $-Taper 110

On 9/27/2023 at 8:14 PM, papajohns said:

Does anyone know what the hosel stamping means on my Wilson staff blades??

IMG_1888.jpeg

IMG_1889.jpeg

Looks like Loft/Lie/Length, in that order, I'm guessing for a 5 iron..  I've never seen a set of Staff blades that look exactly like yours.  Where did you get them?

"You think we play the same stuff you do?"

--Rory McIlroy 

• 2 weeks later...

Wilson are really pushing their current CB and Blade over here in the UK to get rid of them for the new release, I’ve never hit and tested a Wilson iron before due to limited availability here but I can honestly say I’ve never hit an iron that’s felt genuinely different to everything else than the CB and the Blade, especially the latter. With my defence discount I’ve just secured a set of CB’s in 4-PW for £520 with custom fit (Modus 120x) shafts. Incredible, while I would ordinarily wait for the new release and go for them, I couldn’t pass up that deal. Now….is the dynapower driver staying for 2024 or is there a new model coming?? While a touch down on ball speed to Paradym and Stealth 2, it felt so much easier to flight and control than those two. 

• Like 2

I don't know anything except what they do historically. Drivers get updated every two years. That means DynaPwr woods stay in line for 2024. Also means good deals to be had late in 2024. Best of luck with the CB's.

• Like 1

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

9 hours ago, GoGatorsChomp said:

Wilson are really pushing their current CB and Blade over here in the UK to get rid of them for the new release, I’ve never hit and tested a Wilson iron before due to limited availability here but I can honestly say I’ve never hit an iron that’s felt genuinely different to everything else than the CB and the Blade, especially the latter. With my defence discount I’ve just secured a set of CB’s in 4-PW for £520 with custom fit (Modus 120x) shafts. Incredible, while I would ordinarily wait for the new release and go for them, I couldn’t pass up that deal. Now….is the dynapower driver staying for 2024 or is there a new model coming?? While a touch down on ball speed to Paradym and Stealth 2, it felt so much easier to flight and control than those two. 

That’s where I ended up. The new ones look great but so do the current ones. And I am very happy I got them. The Staff Model CB’s play great. Pretty darn forgiving for a Tour-level iron. They sound so nice at impact. 

• Like 2

It’s so juvenile and silly, but Wilson Staff and their logo evoke such a negative consumer response inside me. I could never game them regardless of performance. Plus given the woes of Kevin Kisner and his massive drop off since switching. It truly doesn’t do them any favors in my eyes. I truly despise the emblem and would love to see them launch a separate line void of the name “Wilson” or “Staff”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RentDeezy12 said:

It’s so juvenile and silly, but Wilson Staff and their logo evoke such a negative consumer response inside me. I could never game them regardless of performance. 

Well, at least you see it for what it is!

One correction: Kisner had fallen off well before he went to Wilson. Indeed, I think he went to Wilson because he was available to go to Wilson. He was not playing well toward the end of his run with Callaway. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Agree 100% and couldn’t resist the PUD offer.  By far least expensive and best feeling set of irons I’ve ever had.   And the Recoil Dart shafts only make them that much better feeling.   

Took them out today and I can’t say I’ve ever hit a 5 iron so flush on a couple shots that  felt like I was hitting a PW.  They felt so great and such a nice sound as well 

IMG_9808.jpeg

IMG_9807.jpeg

IMG_9812.jpeg

IMG_9816.jpeg

IMG_9820.jpeg

Dude. Gorgeous.

So you found the 5 iron easy to hit? I’ve been wondering about the long irons. No trouble at all with 7-G. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RentDeezy12 said:

It’s so juvenile and silly, but Wilson Staff and their logo evoke such a negative consumer response inside me. I could never game them regardless of performance. Plus given the woes of Kevin Kisner and his massive drop off since switching. It truly doesn’t do them any favors in my eyes. I truly despise the emblem and would love to see them launch a separate line void of the name “Wilson” or “Staff”

If it were another logo without Wilson or Staff it would be another brand. As for Kiz. I was at Presidents Cup last Fall. He was playing so poorly, with Callaway the Captain barely used him. He was lucky to get a bag from Wilson.  

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

7 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

Dude. Gorgeous.

So you found the 5 iron easy to hit? I’ve been wondering about the long irons. No trouble at all with 7-G. 

Thanks. I really did.  I only included it in the set for resale purposes.  But my first strike with it was like an addictive high.😂

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

16 minutes ago, Orchardist said:

Haven’t seen a price drop anywhere on the current driver.  Anyone noticed a fire sale on them yet?  There is a lotta love for the current model so maybe it’s sticking around for 24?

yeah, no drop on the DynaPower lineup, it's carrying over into next year.  

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

34 minutes ago, Orchardist said:

Haven’t seen a price drop anywhere on the current driver.  Anyone noticed a fire sale on them yet?  There is a lotta love for the current model so maybe it’s sticking around for 24?

I don’t work for W/S but feel sure the woods go another year

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

5 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Thanks. I really did.  I only included it in the set for resale purposes.  But my first strike with it was like an addictive high.😂

I should’ve gotten one when I had the chance. Already out of stock on 5 and 6 irons in the CB on Wilson’s site. 

• Sad 1

On 10/16/2023 at 8:02 AM, GoGatorsChomp said:

Paradym and Stealth 2 are cast game improvement irons…really only designed to aid a mediocre golfer going from point A to point B and not much else. CB’s are forged and although have some built in forgiveness, they allow for quite generous shot making variation and ball flighting for a skilled player. The Dynapower is staying for 2024 and they are adding a couple of additional shafts. The Hzrdus Smoke RDX 60/70g in red or black will be tough to beat…and best of all no shaft upcharge. 

Edited by 67VIP
  • Like 1

w/KBS $-Taper 110

22 hours ago, RentDeezy12 said:

The absurdity of that comment is truly laughable…obviously devoid of knowledge of Wilson’s history in golf or sports in general. Wilson Sporting Goods currently has the largest player advisory staff in the sporting goods industry. The Staff brand is used across sports such as golf, tennis, etc. I have suggested on numerous occasions they bring back the Pro Staff line to golf, but it’s currently locked into their tennis line. In addition, Wilson currently has 65 major golf championships…no current manufacturer comes remotely close. 

Edited by 67VIP
  • Like 3

w/KBS $-Taper 110