Wilson 2024 new staff blade/cb, dynapower forged, staff wedges, staff balls

67VIP

8 minutes ago, 67VIP said:

Isn’t that sort of like preferring a perfectly beautiful girl that stares blankly at the ceiling versus the one that gives you the ride of your life?
Focus…🤣🇺🇸

Just saying I won't be replacing my current model of the staff blade with the 2024 model. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, greenomics said:

Just saying I won't be replacing my current model of the staff blade with the 2024 model. 

So it could be a better iron, but you won’t buy because the logo is missing a letter “w” and “s”?  This is asinine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

Just now, Puttersaurus Rex said:

So it could be a better iron, but you won’t buy because the logo is missing a letter “w” and “s”?  This is asinine.

Seriously, take a marker and add the letters yourself.  No one cares about a blank logo.

• Thanks 1

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

30 minutes ago, Puttersaurus Rex said:

Lol sure. Please define "better" specifically with respect to this iron. What's the marginal benefit over the current model blade? 

And no. I won't be replacing my blades when these hit stores in 2024.

4 hours ago, Puttersaurus Rex said:

Agreed. Reminds me of another WRX member who a few years back loved the look of a new Footjoy release but wouldn't buy them because the bottom sole, yes the bottom sole, of the shoe was too busy.

Edited by grm24
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, greenomics said:

Lol sure. Please define "better" specifically with respect to this iron. What's the marginal benefit over the current model blade? 

And no. I won't be replacing my blades when these hit stores in 2024.

You‘re point is fair. It is not an automatic that a new MB is going to be better than the last MB. They can’t do that much. The new one will be different, may have something to offer some players, but I don’t think these are marketed toward players who already have the Staff Model Blades. The changes are subtle. There would be little reason to buy the new ones if you have the last one, unless you just want the new ones.

I would say the same about the CB. The new releases are beauties. I think they are offering options for players who for whatever reason did not buy the last Staff Model blades or the CB or the D9 Forged. 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Other brands build new lines every year or so. Most don't make huge changes if the prior model works. I never understand why Wilson always gets crapped on for making subtle changes to irons that  are pretty good. 

• Like 1

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60
Wilson Staff Bucktown Putter

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

48 minutes ago, Steve o said:

Other brands build new lines every year or so. Most don't make huge changes if the prior model works. I never understand why Wilson always gets crapped on for making subtle changes to irons that  are pretty good. 

Wilson gets crapped on because they made a mistake in pulling out of the North American market years ago to focus on Europe (where they are still a big player)…and their market share fell to 3%. They have fought their way back tooth & nail over the last ten years or so and are making some of the finest iron sets currently on the market. They also get crapped on for their inexpensive box sets…nevermind that Taylormade/Callaway/Cobra/Tour Edge/Cleveland, etc make box sets too. Funny how the only knock anybody has come up with on the new sticks is the stupid logo…which you can’t even see when the club is at address. You can be a fashionista with pretty logos in your bag, or you can be a playa with the club in your hands. I’ll take performance over presentation 7 days a week and twice on Sunday…along with the 64 major championships. 

• Like 4

Dynapwr Carbon/TSr3 10.0*     w/Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 60g
Taylormade Qi10 Fwy 15* & Hyb 19*
w/Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 60/70g

Wilson Staff Utility Iron 21*
w/Hzrdus Smoke RDX Black 80g

Wilson Staff Dynapwr Forged 5-PW

w/KBS $-Taper 110

Vokey SM9 48/52/58 w/DG S200

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5+

11 hours ago, 67VIP said:

Wilson gets crapped on because they made a mistake in pulling out of the North American market years ago to focus on Europe (where they are still a big player)…and their market share fell to 3%. They have fought their way back tooth & nail over the last ten years or so and are making some of the finest iron sets currently on the market. They also get crapped on for their inexpensive box sets…nevermind that Taylormade/Callaway/Cobra/Tour Edge/Cleveland, etc make box sets too. Funny how the only knock anybody has come up with on the new sticks is the stupid logo…which you can’t even see when the club is at address. You can be a fashionista with pretty logos in your bag, or you can be a playa with the club in your hands. I’ll take performance over presentation 7 days a week and twice on Sunday…along with the 64 major championships. 

Do you have financial stake in the company? The release is almost universally praised in this thread. I, and a few others, don’t like the logo. You do. Let it go. 

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

The current staff blades are the best irons I’ve ever had. That’s a lot of iron sets since the late seventies.  They look and play like they really labored on the absolute best possible club they could provide.  Rah rah Wilson.  So I order a Staff wedge.    It’s the complete opposite.  It’s awful.  Lacks spin, questionable feel, ugly satin color, unfinished ferrul……all the while…. 

The Staff Blade is a fricken scalpel!  A really really versatile beautiful club.  This Staff wedge is anything but that.  The wedge seems to come from a completely different division and it probably does.  If I bought that wedge first, l would never purchase their irons.

And that is just so…Wilson.

7 minutes ago, Konklifer said:

Do you have financial stake in the company? The release is almost universally praised in this thread. I, and a few others, don’t like the logo. You do. Let it go. 

My reply was in response to why Wilson gets crapped on, in actuality I personally could care less about the logo itself…it’s completely irrelevant to performance. But it will twinkle in the sunlight…so I am told.

w/KBS $-Taper 110

6 minutes ago, Orchardist said:

The current staff blades are the best irons I’ve ever had. That’s a lot of iron sets since the late seventies.  They look and play like they really labored on the absolute best possible club they could provide.  Rah rah Wilson.  So I order a Staff wedge.    It’s the complete opposite.  It’s awful.  Lacks spin, questionable feel, ugly satin color, unfinished ferrul……all the while…. 

The Staff Blade is a fricken scalpel!  A really really versatile beautiful club.  This Staff wedge is anything but that.  The wedge seems to come from a completely different division and it probably does.  If I bought that wedge first, l would never purchase their irons.

And that is just so…Wilson.

I would agree to a certain point that the current staff wedges could use a little more pizazz in their appearance…I play a custom staff 52 and staff tour grind 58, both with DG S300. They’re great with the Triad ball, not so much when I was playing the staff ball…I couldn’t generate enough spin. The new staff wedges look like they have more mass/weight, milled faces, and the new tour issue DG Spinner shaft so should perform quite well. 

w/KBS $-Taper 110

16 minutes ago, Shallowface said:

Wilson has definitely made an effort to increase its tour presence the last few years.

Does anyone on their staff play their premium ball?

Pretty sure Padraig Harrington, Kevin Streelman, & Brendan Steele all play the Staff model. Not sure if anyone is playing the Triad…but that would be a great ball for an LPGA player, or possibly a Champions Tour player.

w/KBS $-Taper 110

37 minutes ago, 67VIP said:

Pretty sure Padraig Harrington, Kevin Streelman, & Brendan Steele all play the Staff model. Not sure if anyone is playing the Triad…but that would be a great ball for an LPGA player, or possibly a Champions Tour player.

Per Titleist website Harrington plays a Pro-V1 and Streelman plays a Pro-V1X

39 minutes ago, grm24 said:

Per Titleist website Harrington plays a Pro-V1 and Streelman plays a Pro-V1X

…my understanding is that Streelman switched sometime this year and is getting great numbers with the Staff Model and Padraig has switched very recently.

Edited by 67VIP
  • Confused 1

w/KBS $-Taper 110

45 minutes ago, 67VIP said:

…my understanding is that Streelman switched sometime this year and is getting great numbers with the Staff Model and Padraig has switched very recently.

Very unlikely. If they both switched (not simply tested) away from Titleist they would no longer be listed on the Titleist website as golf ball players as they are under contract to play the Titleist balls. Also a thought to consider if they both left Titleist to play a Wilson ball it would have been written about and discussed by numerous golf and golf equipment sites such as WRX. If you have concrete proof they both switched please provide it. Otherwise they haven't switched as you claim and the Titleist website is accurate as of today. 

Per WRX as of 8/31 Streelman is still playing the ProV1X. Hmm.

https://www.golfwrx.com/722761/kevin-streelman-witb-2023-august/

1 hour ago, grm24 said:

Very unlikely. If they both switched (not simply tested) away from Titleist they would no longer be listed on the Titleist website as golf ball players as they are under contract to play the Titleist balls. Also a thought to consider if they both left Titleist to play a Wilson ball it would have been written about and discussed by numerous golf and golf equipment sites such as WRX. If you have concrete proof they both switched please provide it. Otherwise they haven't switched as you claim and the Titleist website is accurate as of today. 

Per WRX as of 8/31 Streelman is still playing the ProV1X. Hmm.

https://www.golfwrx.com/722761/kevin-streelman-witb-2023-

Edited by 67VIP
Delete

w/KBS $-Taper 110

6 hours ago, orr444 said:

so the stock shaft on the cb irons is the s300 115 shaft?

The stock shaft on the 2024 staff blade & cb will be the dynamic gold 115 mid…s300 will be the standard flex with a regular and x-stiff offering as well. Dynamic Gold s300 is the stock shaft for the current staff blade & cb…which have been in production for a few years.

w/KBS $-Taper 110

On 9/23/2023 at 11:38 PM, COmedic said:

New blades and CB’s look great. The previous gen wedges seriously lacked spin but if the reviews are solid I’ll probably grab a set of blades for a backup bag!

Can't wait for you to test them... maybe order with PX 6.0 shafts this time for better resale 😉

• Haha 1

Titleist TSR2 9* - Ventus TR Red 6X

Titleist TS3 4W 16.5* - T1100 Evenflow White 6.5

W/S UT 20* - HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0

Callaway Apex '19 4-PW - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM9 49* - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM8 54/58 - PX Rifle 6.0

SINK 1992 Custom

115 mid should be a better stock shaft.  It’s a better weight range for  likely a wider range of players, mid instead of low launch and most strongly skilled iron players will be ordering a preferred shaft regardless.  The irons are more forgiving than than the opinions of those who don’t play them would possibly know.   115 might encourage more to demo them.  Or,  Wilson’s customer base just continues to age,  now preferring lighter shafts?

1 hour ago, Orchardist said:

115 mid should be a better stock shaft.  It’s a better weight range for  likely a wider range of players, mid instead of low launch and most strongly skilled iron players will be ordering a preferred shaft regardless.  The irons are more forgiving than than the opinions of those who don’t play them would possibly know.   115 might encourage more to demo them.  Or,  Wilson’s customer base just continues to age,  now preferring lighter shafts?

I suspect Wilson may have adjusted the lofts a few degrees stronger (industry trend) and a mid launch shaft would be more appropriate. In 2021 we sold a lot of CB’s and a truck load of D7 Forged…mostly to younger players. Last year the D9 Forged was our featured club but it didn’t takeoff as expected, we are moving some this year with custom kbs tour lite instead of dg105…seems to have more feel and our customers respond more positively during club fittings. Believe it or not but Wilson considers the CB to be a game improvement club!🤣

w/KBS $-Taper 110