Mitsubishi Chemical's 20th anniversary Diamana Whiteboard shaft - 2023 Shriners Children's Open

GolfWRX_Spotted

21 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

How does it compare to the VF?  Launch/spin/feel/dispersion. 

For me the VF is a good shaft and feels more one piece than the WB. The WB definitely has a kick that VF does not. Both shafts are very smooth by I personally enjoy that little feeling of unloading into the ball at impact. I felt like I could go after it or swing my normal swing and it still stayed with me and was super consistent.

Launch the WB launched higher but not by a lot. I could also keep it low if I wanted. Spin wise I do not feel there was much difference but it did seem like I was getting more spin with the VF but it is marginal I would think. I will be on a launch monitor this weekend so I will be able to tell there.

From my eye test, I was getting the same carry and maybe a little more roll with the WB. I would say it was a tie for dispersion. Both were anti left for me but I could get a nice baby draw out of the WB that I could not get out of the VF.

Overall, I think both shafts are a bit similar but the WB has more feel based off my testing. Both great shafts and I could game either one but I think the WB is going to get the start this season. I will say the caviar is VF is a 6x and the WB is 73x. There is a little weight difference and I actually prefer the 70g range a bit better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Final update, really starting to like this shaft, but my hands aren’t sensitive enough to say specific differences, feel wise the stiff handle feels like I can be as aggressive as I want, but doesn’t feel too heavy or rebar that I feel the need to muscle it, will be choosing between this and my Ventus tr 5x black as a gamer

• Like 2

19 hours ago, dvyChan1987 said:

For me the VF is a good shaft and feels more one piece than the WB. The WB definitely has a kick that VF does not. Both shafts are very smooth by I personally enjoy that little feeling of unloading into the ball at impact. I felt like I could go after it or swing my normal swing and it still stayed with me and was super consistent.

Launch the WB launched higher but not by a lot. I could also keep it low if I wanted. Spin wise I do not feel there was much difference but it did seem like I was getting more spin with the VF but it is marginal I would think. I will be on a launch monitor this weekend so I will be able to tell there.

From my eye test, I was getting the same carry and maybe a little more roll with the WB. I would say it was a tie for dispersion. Both were anti left for me but I could get a nice baby draw out of the WB that I could not get out of the VF.

Overall, I think both shafts are a bit similar but the WB has more feel based off my testing. Both great shafts and I could game either one but I think the WB is going to get the start this season. I will say the caviar is VF is a 6x and the WB is 73x. There is a little weight difference and I actually prefer the 70g range a bit better.

Would you say the kick is more mid or under the handle?  Is it subtle or to the point where it's noticeable?  Also, if you post your LM numbers comparing both shafts if possible that would be awesome.  I'm a total shaft geek, lol. 

Edited by phizzy30

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

2 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Would you say the kick is more mid or under the handle?  Is it subtle or to the point where it's noticeable?  Also, if you post your LM numbers comparing both shafts if possible that would be awesome.  I'm a total shaft geek, lol. 

LOL I am too…. Reading your post about the GT made me cut it down and put it in my 5 wood and could not be happier!

the kick is quick and subtle and it’s definitely in the mid to low section. If you have ever hit a TZ6, it is not as pronounced as that from my feels. Feel like a Ventus OG red I had that was tipped 1” but does not launch near as high as that.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Whatnogarnish said:

Is the light blue the VF? I’d take the 3 less yards with those deviations.  

No, the light blue was the TZ6 again, with the 8° head at 7°.

Like the face angle better with the 9° at 7°. 

Ai Smoke 9* 🔹🔹🔹w/ Accra TZ6 ST

OG Sim Ti 16.5 w/ D+ LTD 80TX

Cobra King Tec 19* w/ TZ6 95M5

T200-T150 4-PW w/ Accra TZi 115's

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 46* bent to 48* w/ Accra TZi 115

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 & 54* & Vokey SM9 58M* D grind w/ PX LS 6.0's

LAB DF3

Chrome Tour

On 2/6/2024 at 8:21 PM, BirdieBob said:

Have bought three shafts from them...authentic...fast ship..excellent packaging.

The Japanese sellers on Ebay are amazing, I swear they get me packages faster than most American sellers and I live in the East.  Last item I order on a Friday & it was at my house Monday morning.  

Edited by ignitewvu
  • Like 1

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore+ 6S 
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2 34.5"
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

Usually play stiff shafts but picked up a SR flex in this because I've been struggling with speed this winter, getting old! Club speed is around 102 average, can drop as low as 99 in the winter here, if I'm swinging well get up to 105. Hit it yesterday at the range and it's low spin and launch for me in the Ping 10k head at 9, very similar feel to the VF in 6 stiff but the vf is higher for me. Doesn't feel boardy as such but it does feel heavy, raw weight is only 60g too. I'll give it a few more goes and get it out on the course but it feels like at the moment it could be too much shaft for me even at this flex. Might lighten the weight in the back and see if that helps. Current gamer is a tpt nitro 17 lo.

On 2/15/2024 at 2:35 PM, jgreer1421 said:

Finally got mine in and was able to hit mine yesterday and got some numbers…..can attach report if anyone wants it to see. 

Did a 3-way test…

TZ6 ST 65 M5

WB 63TX

VF 6TX

Based on some reviews, only tipped the WB 1/2”, but the other 2 are tipped 1”, same exact playing length. Have green dot adapters on all 3. Used an ai smoke 9° down to 7° w/ RCT LD’s.

Taking out a few out of the outliers or bad hits on them, all of them pretty much did the exact same thing in terms of launch, spin, speed, dispersion(more or less). 

I had the VF to end the season and really liked it and performed well. They all do about the same, and could play any of them, but they definitely are a bit different. 

Personally I felt the WB to be closer in terms of feel and profile to the TZ6 being super stiff in handle and softer in the tip, which would make sense based on the profile charts earlier the thread. I didn’t find it to feel super heavy, but it’s stiff, particularly in handle section, and feels a little softer in the tip section. Actually felt the TZ6 to feel a touch heavier. 

I have the D+ Ltd 80TX in my 3W and has become one of my favorite clubs, so had some high hopes for this WB. I’d say it’s fairly similar to the D+ in terms of feel, maybe a bit softer in the tip section and stiffer in handle tho….its close, but not the same…

VF is more like your Ventus black in profile, but feels smoother/softer. 

WB felt the stiffest, then TZ6, then VF. 

More of a personal/mental thing on it, but I actually really like the matte finish and the silver tz6 because for whatever reason, it makes it feel a little shorter.  Certainly no performance thing, but does make me feel a little more comfortable over it. 

I had one of those black&gold Accra RPG’s last year and couldn’t get it to load and sprayed it both ways, mainly left oddly enough, and this WB had a few of those, so possible the 6X would be the better approach, but who knows. Ball flight seemed like it was pretty straight when I got it, but if I didn’t go after it a bit, lost control of it, and had 2 way misses….straight left or pushed to the right. 

Looks and feels great. Not sold on it at first, but will try a few more times.

TZ6 was my standout winner for now. VF & WB were about the same, 300-500 rpms of spin more tho generally. All had that “freak” one tho in it.

Great write up in comparison thank you for taking the time

That Acura TZ6ST shaft I think has been overlooked in the Market place esp if you like the low torque feel . A lot of great options  

• Thanks 1

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

First true round in the books for the Cobra Darkspeed LS with WB 73x and I am very happy with the results. Also first time hitting with my ball preference, Pro V1x, and this shaft is staying in the bag. All drives minus the ones I made poor swings on were very boaring mid flight. The ball seemed to stay at a flat trajectory for a long time. It was probably high 40s and the ball was consistently carrying around 290 which is pretty good for me given temp. Dispersion was great as well. For me, this shaft eliminates the left very well. Glad that the honeymoon phase at the range transitioned to the course.

question is now, do I get one for the 3 wood??

1 hour ago, dvyChan1987 said:

First true round in the books for the Cobra Darkspeed LS with WB 73x and I am very happy with the results. Also first time hitting with my ball preference, Pro V1x, and this shaft is staying in the bag. All drives minus the ones I made poor swings on were very boaring mid flight. The ball seemed to stay at a flat trajectory for a long time. It was probably high 40s and the ball was consistently carrying around 290 which is pretty good for me given temp. Dispersion was great as well. For me, this shaft eliminates the left very well. Glad that the honeymoon phase at the range transitioned to the course.

Of course, you get the 3-wood shaft!

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

On 2/21/2024 at 2:07 PM, dvyChan1987 said:

Depends.  I like a low/low shaft in driver as my transition is much more aggressive.  Blue board profile works better for me 3 metal as my transition differs.  The trick is to find one that's stable enough, however.

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

13 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Depends.  I like a low/low shaft in driver as my transition is much more aggressive.  Blue board profile works better for me 3 metal as my transition differs.  The trick is to find one that's stable enough, however.

I agree, i am really loving this shaft but I don’t think it would work for the 3 wood for me at least. If it was just going to be more of second club to use off the tee then maybe but I use my 3 wood out of the fairway too much. I will probably just put the Smoke Blue Rdx 80 to I have in it and see how it goes. It’s always been pretty stable for me. You ever use it?

i have the 73x in my Qi 10 Tour 3 wood and like it better than the VF and GT.  Still hits the ball high enough but just predictable with the stability (without boardy).  Weirdly enough i've liked the VF and GT (Keeping them around) but this just is good for me.  the TR Red did not work out in the driver or 3 wood, however the 8x has been great in the 5 wood (weird).

5 minutes ago, nbigg said:

Anyone gaming this yet on tour? So far so good with mine but looking forward to going toe to toe with the new Ventus when it comes out. Winner will be in the bag to start. 

Rickie, Gary woodland had it but I don’t think it’s still in there and cam champ was using it as well

17 hours ago, dvyChan1987 said:

I agree, i am really loving this shaft but I don’t think it would work for the 3 wood for me at least. If it was just going to be more of second club to use off the tee then maybe but I use my 3 wood out of the fairway too much. I will probably just put the Smoke Blue Rdx 80 to I have in it and see how it goes. It’s always been pretty stable for me. You ever use it?

My brother has one and I tested it at the range but I knew after a few swings it wasn't a good fit.  Ironically enough, he tried my VF and asked me to order him one, lol.  His ball speed has gone up and dispersion has gotten better after the switch.

12 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

My brother has one and I tested it at the range but I knew after a few swings it wasn't a good fit.  Ironically enough, he tried my VF and asked me to order him one, lol.  His ball speed has gone up and dispersion has gotten better after the switch.

VF is just so good man

• Thanks 1

I just got the 63X and played my first round yesterday in 40 degree weather and 30mph winds. Only was able to hit a few balls at the range before but the stall had Top Tracer on so I was able to get ball speeds. I was swinging about 80% but was getting 165-169. I'm just coming off a 2 year SI joint injury and not fully healed but last couple years was closer to 155-158. Prior to the injury my PB was 172. Again, I am still not healed and can't turn into my trail hip fully yet while swinging 80%. I was swapping back and forth between Ventus Black 6X and TR Black 5X previously, while also testing the new VF. WB 63X definitely seemed to give me an increase in ball speed and is smoother than the Ventus Black models but just as stable. VF 5X was too soft and was easy to lose left for me, whereas I was confident in not going left with WB. I think I saw MCA refer to the tip as 'active' but it is not soft. Spin did not seem to kick up and it maintained its flight well in the strong wind. 

I'm going to try to do a Trackman session with all of these in the next few weeks to confirm but WB immediately felt like my gamer at this point. 

• Like 1

TSR3 9* - Diamana WB 63X

Mini Burner 13.5* - HZRDUS 4G 70 6.5

Cobra Radspeed Tour 5W - LAGP Trono 7S 

Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi 19* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

Srixon ZXU 4 23* - MMT 105 

ZX7 MKii 5-P - 120 X100

Fourteen RM 52/58 - Modus 125 Wedge

SC Champions Choice Newport 

Just now, mattman said:

I basically cannot tell this shaft apart from my 1K black…

Launch/spin/feel? 

9 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Launch/spin/feel? 

All of the above. It’s 5g’s lighter than the 1K and I can maybe tell that. It maybe feels a tick faster due to that and softer tip. But as far as actual performance, launch and spin, tendencies, virtually all identical in my experience so far. 

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSR2 10* - Speeder Evo VI 661 X

TM SIM2 Ti 15* - Tensei AV Raw White 75 TX

TM M5 Ti 19* - Tour AD DI 8 X

TM P7MC 4-P - X100

Ping Glide PF 50*, Epon Tour M 56*, 60*- Modus 125 W

Ping Anser 2