Jump to content

Ping G430 Max 10K driver - 2023 RSM Classic


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, doctor220 said:

No bc they are for increased speed so most people would prefer them and the 1/100 who complain about them probably aren’t gonna buy ping clubs anyway. The look seems to work fine for the literally thousands of professional golfers and college kids who play their clubs, but Joe golfwrx 5 handicap can’t stand the fins on top of the club which make him swing it 1-2 mph faster. Oh darn 

OMG!!!!  🤣 LMAO, is this last sentence for real?? I just can't with this place sometimes...hahahaha

  • Like 1

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4 iron| N.S. Pro 980GH DST S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-GW| N.S. Pro 1050GH S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* & 58*| N.S. Pro Modus³ Tour 115 Wedge
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pnwpingi210 said:

So is this a Maxier max?  Or a higher spinning lst?  
 

seems like ping always has their options on the higher spinning side.  Wouldn’t making a true low spin head make more sense than another head that spins between 3200-2500?

LST is pretty low spin. More of a swing issue if you can’t find an LST set up that fits you. Tons of tour pros playing 10.5 LSTs

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks really good!

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m not a fan of the backswing head noise of my 430 max … anyone else ?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, doctor220 said:

LST is pretty low spin. More of a swing issue if you can’t find an LST set up that fits you. Tons of tour pros playing 10.5 LSTs

It’s lower than the max yes.  But compared to aero jet ls, srixon mx5 ls, Paradym ddd its generally the higher end of that spectrum of low spin heads.
 

They are also adding weight to the front of the head via rat glue/hot melt to bring spin down.  
 

There’s a tour truck video of hatton build where they do this.  He’s not blistering fast.

 

when you starting getting about 175 - 180 ball speed, it’s harder to manage spin.  

Edited by Pnwpingi210
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Pnwpingi210 said:

It’s lower than the max yes.  But compared to aero jet ls, srixon mx5 ls, Paradym ddd its generally the higher end of that spectrum of low spin heads.
 

They are also adding weight to the front of the head via rat glue/hot melt to bring spin down.  
 

There’s a tour truck video of hatton build where they do this.  He’s not blistering fast.

 

when you starting getting about 175 - 180 ball speed, it’s harder to manage spin.  

That doesn’t move cg enough to really make a diff. I’m low 180s BS, plus handicap. If anything its too low spin for me 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would also like to know the details of how this compares with the Max and the LST….is it like a tweener?  

  • Like 1

Cobra LTDX LS, Ventus TR S, Tipped 1" at 44.5, 9 @ 8

Ping G425 Max, Ventus TR 7, Tipped 1" at 42.5, 14.5 @ 13.5

Callaway Apex UW w/RDX Smoke Black 80S, 17 & 21

Bridgestone J38cb w/Nippon Modus 130S SS1x, 5-PW

Callaway Mack Daddy 4 S Grind w/Nippon SPB 130x SS2x, 52

Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind w/Nippon SPB 130x SS2x, 56 & 60

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pnwpingi210 said:

It’s lower than the max yes.  But compared to aero jet ls, srixon mx5 ls, Paradym ddd its generally the higher end of that spectrum of low spin heads.
 

They are also adding weight to the front of the head via rat glue/hot melt to bring spin down.  
 

There’s a tour truck video of hatton build where they do this.  He’s not blistering fast.

 

when you starting getting about 175 - 180 ball speed, it’s harder to manage spin.  

Hatton has been 177-182 in the last few tournaments I have seen him play including the Ryder cup. He’s pretty fast.

  • Like 3

$$$$

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cardoustie said:

I’m not a fan of the backswing head noise of my 430 max … anyone else ?


Ping designed that noise into the head to tell you your doing it wrong 😂

 

On a serious note, I don’t hear any noises during any part of the swing.

 

 

  • Like 1

Driver: Cobra Darkspeed X 9* Tour 2.0 Black 65X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 13.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 5-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ALIF said:

Hatton has been 177-182 in the last few tournaments I have seen him play including the Ryder cup. He’s pretty fast.

Yup.  He’s plenty fast, just not on the upper end like champ or some others at 190+, and he’s using hotmelt to lower the spin per the tour truck. 
 

finau and hovland play cause it spins a bit more and it helps them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GolfTurkey said:

 

Looks like we have have someone here who doesn't understand the basics of the golf club industry, so let me spell it out real slow...

 

Ping is an engineering company and is the only golf club company that employs engineers. All the other golf club companies just do marketing and only employ marketing people.

 

To make new clubs, other companies perform elaborate pagan rituals where they take illicit drugs and sacrifice a goat. Once they have all passed out, their deity leaves them a design for new clubs. Then the marketing people take the design to engineers in foreign countries who actually understand the design and then they produce the clubs in their factories.

 

Ping does no marketing at all, they just engineer. The fact that their engineers talk about their engineering and club design on their own podcast plus that they are regular guests on almost every major golf podcast is not marketing, it's just Ping graciously spreading knowledge about their engineering.

 

If I didn't know this, I wouldn't have 12 Ping clubs in my bag.

You win today!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GolfTurkey said:

 

Looks like we have have someone here who doesn't understand the basics of the golf club industry, so let me spell it out real slow...

 

Ping is an engineering company and is the only golf club company that employs engineers. All the other golf club companies just do marketing and only employ marketing people.

 

To make new clubs, other companies perform elaborate pagan rituals where they take illicit drugs and sacrifice a goat. Once they have all passed out, their deity leaves them a design for new clubs. Then the marketing people take the design to engineers in foreign countries who actually understand the design and then they produce the clubs in their factories.

 

Ping does no marketing at all, they just engineer. The fact that their engineers talk about their engineering and club design on their own podcast plus that they are regular guests on almost every major golf podcast is not marketing, it's just Ping graciously spreading knowledge about their engineering.

 

If I didn't know this, I wouldn't have 12 Ping clubs in my bag.

Oh I totally get it! Thanks 

 

Just my experience in my years here. Say something derogatory about a Ping product, prepare for the wrath! Noting to do with engineering. Tho I do believe kool-aid is involved! 😂 

Edited by TiScape
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Shocked by this response considering ur screen name! 🙃😂

The comment I was responding to was clever.  
 

as for my screen name, I’m a true wrx degenerate.  I’m I have owned pings, but have played most of my rounds with a mizuno or callaway product the last three years.  Exceptions were a brief stints with t100s.

 

and TM irons are my newest addition!

Edited by Pnwpingi210
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Pnwpingi210 said:

The comment I was responding to was clever.  
 

as for my screen name, I’m a true wrx degenerate.  I’m I have owned pings, but have played most of my rounds with a mizuno or callaway product the last three years.  Exceptions were a brief stints with t100s.

Someone telling me I don’t understand the golf industry bcs I commented on how some follow and defend Ping to almost a cult like extent??? Perhaps clever to you 🤷🏼‍♂️
 

*I have zero problem with Ping clubs. Just don’t like the look of these new turbulators and said so. Gawd forbid!

Edited by TiScape
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TiScape said:

Someone telling me I don’t understand the golf industry bcs I commented on how some follow and defend Ping to almost a cult like extent??? Perhaps clever to you 🤷🏼‍♂️

Well to be fair, the clever and funny part was his depiction of how all other companies design clubs.  Very tongue in cheek

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Our picks

    • 2024 Zurich Classic - Discussion and Links to Photos
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
       
      General Albums
       
      2024 Zurich Classic - Monday #1
      2024 Zurich Classic - Monday #2
       
       
       
      WITB Albums
       
      Alex Fitzpatrick - WITB - 2024 Zurich Classic
      Austin Cook - WITB - 2024 Zurich Classic
      Alejandro Tosti - WITB - 2024 Zurich Classic
      Davis Riley - WITB - 2024 Zurich Classic
      MJ Daffue - WITB - 2024 Zurich Classic
      Nate Lashley - WITB - 2024 Zurich Classic
       
       
       
       
       
      Pullout Albums
       
      MJ Daffue's custom Cameron putter - 2024 Zurich Classic
      Cameron putters - 2024 Zurich Classic
      Swag covers ( a few custom for Nick Hardy) - 2024 Zurich Classic
      Custom Bettinardi covers for Matt and Alex Fitzpatrick - 2024 Zurich Classic
       
       
       
      • 1 reply
    • 2024 RBC Heritage - Discussion and Links to Photos
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
       
       
      General Albums
       
      2024 RBC Heritage - Monday #1
      2024 RBC Heritage - Monday #2
       
       
       
       
      WITB Albums
       
      Justin Thomas - WITB - 2024 RBC Heritage
      Justin Rose - WITB - 2024 RBC Heritage
      Chandler Phillips - WITB - 2024 RBC Heritage
      Nick Dunlap - WITB - 2024 RBC Heritage
      Thomas Detry - WITB - 2024 RBC Heritage
      Austin Eckroat - WITB - 2024 RBC Heritage
       
       
       
       
       
      Pullout Albums
       
      Wyndham Clark's Odyssey putter - 2024 RBC Heritage
      JT's new Cameron putter - 2024 RBC Heritage
      Justin Thomas testing new Titleist 2 wood - 2024 RBC Heritage
      Cameron putters - 2024 RBC Heritage
      Odyssey putter with triple track alignment aid - 2024 RBC Heritage
      Scotty Cameron The Blk Box putting alignment aid/training aid - 2024 RBC Heritage
       
       
       
       
       
       
        • Like
      • 7 replies
    • 2024 Masters - Discussion and Links to Photos
      Huge shoutout to our member Stinger2irons for taking and posting photos from Augusta
       
       
      Tuesday
       
      The Masters 2024 – Pt. 1
      The Masters 2024 – Pt. 2
      The Masters 2024 – Pt. 3
      The Masters 2024 – Pt. 4
      The Masters 2024 – Pt. 5
      The Masters 2024 – Pt. 6
      The Masters 2024 – Pt. 7
      The Masters 2024 – Pt. 8
      The Masters 2024 – Pt. 9
      The Masters 2024 – Pt. 10
       
       
       
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 14 replies
    • Rory McIlroy testing a new TaylorMade "PROTO" 4-iron – 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Rory McIlroy testing a new TaylorMade "PROTO" 4-iron – 2024 Valero Texas Open
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 93 replies
    • 2024 Valero Texas Open - Discussion and Links to Photos
      Please put any questions or Comments here
       
       
       
      General Albums
       
      2024 Valero Texas Open - Monday #1
      2024 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #1
       
       
       
       
       
      WITB Albums
       
      Ben Taylor - WITB - 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Paul Barjon - WITB - 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Joe Sullivan - WITB - 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Wilson Furr - WITB - 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Ben Willman - SoTex PGA Section Champ - WITB - 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Jimmy Stanger - WITB - 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Rickie Fowler - WITB - 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Harrison Endycott - WITB - 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Vince Whaley - WITB - 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Kevin Chappell - WITB - 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Christian Bezuidenhout - WITB (mini) - 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Scott Gutschewski - WITB - 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Michael S. Kim WITB – 2024 Valero Texas Open
       
       
       
      Pullout Albums
       
      Cameron putter - 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Ben Taylor with new Titleist TRS 2 wood - 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Swag cover - 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Greyson Sigg's custom Cameron putter - 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Davis Riley's custom Cameron putter - 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Josh Teater's custom Cameron putter - 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Hzrdus T1100 is back - - 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Mark Hubbard testing ported Titleist irons – 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Tyson Alexander testing new Titleist TRS 2 wood - 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Hideki Matsuyama's custom Cameron putter - 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Cobra putters - 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Joel Dahmen WITB – 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Axis 1 broomstick putter - 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Rory McIlroy testing a new TaylorMade "PROTO" 4-iron – 2024 Valero Texas Open
      Rory McIlroy's Trackman numbers w/ driver on the range – 2024 Valero Texas Open
       
       
       
        • Like
      • 4 replies

×
×
  • Create New...