2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

New Fujikura shaft?

eric61

20 hours ago, GolfTurkey said:

My new ai Smoke Max and 2024 Ventus 5x arrived this morning and I took them to the range, along with my current gamer Rogue ST Max with Accra FX 3.0 M0 ("Canadian Autoflex"). Both are 10.5 heads.

In theory my 110ish SS should work for the 5X, but I guess this is what happens when you get used to an Autoflex style shaft; the Ventus felt like a pole. I started off hitting flat fades i.e. low slices. The Rogue and Accra were producing the usual high draw.

I then put the Accra into the Smoke and it was instantly better. I also tried the Ventus in the Rogue and it produced tight fades. There is no doubt that for me the Rogue head is draw biased and the Smoke is neutral fade biased (at least in comparison). The Accra shaft is high/draw biased for me and the Ventus was low/fade. With the sliding weight in the draw position I turned the Smoke/Ventus slice into more a playable fade.

I left the range feeling like the Smoke was an improvement on the Rogue but a bit disappointed in the Ventus and feel like I should have got the 5S. I generally like softer shafts relative to my SS but was worried (most likely incorrectly so) that the 5S would be too soft.

Maybe it's simply a case of having to get used to a stiffer shaft again after playing with a noodle for so long, I'll give it a few more range sessions and want to see how it goes on the course.

5X should be money for 110 SS.  

I think it has everything to do with you learning to time a very very soft shaft.  Its early lead deflection, i.e deflecting up into the ball during downswing would produce a wildly different result than a shaft that has a much stiffer tip.  It wouldn't deflect near as much resulting in a face not shutting as fast and a lower strike/ball flight with side spin (right)

I would give it more time.  Maybe take it for a spin without switching shafts before you sell it.   Let it breath a little!

• Like 2

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

I finally got mine today. I tipped it 1/2” based on my results with the OG blue, TR blue and TR red. I had my OG blue tipped 1” to combat some spin. TR blue I play untipped and it works well and only gets spiny on mishits. My TR red is tipped 1/2” and I love it. 
Hoping I made the right choice. I’ll get some time with it tomorrow morning. 

2 hours ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

I think it has everything to do with you learning to time a very very soft shaft.  Its early lead deflection, i.e deflecting up into the ball during downswing would produce a wildly different result than a shaft that has a much stiffer tip.  It wouldn't deflect near as much resulting in a face not shutting as fast and a lower strike/ball flight with side spin (right)

I would give it more time.  Maybe take it for a spin without switching shafts before you sell it.   Let it breath a little!

I'll do that, I have a golf trip coming up next week that I don't want to mess with and I'll give it a decent run afterwards.

• Like 1

Put the new ventus in tsr2 in 6s. The feel is sublime, but I'm worried it's feeling a little soft? My dispersion is better with AD UB 6S, and I'm surprised to find this. 

anyone finding it a little more soft to flex than OG blue ?

WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X

So, is this shaft softer and a touch more spinning than the tr?

WITB

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 Core - Ventus Blue+ 6x (45)

4 Wood: Taylormade Qi10 Core - Ventus Blue+ 7x

3 Utility: Mizuno 2024 Pro Fli-Hi - Ventus Blue HB 9x

Irons: Cobra King Tour 4-PW - MMT 125 TX

Wedges: Cobra Snakebite Raw 50, 54, 58 - MMT 125 TX

Putter: Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Cruiser (35.5)

Balls: Titleist ProV1x

3 hours ago, The Ultimate Hack said:

So, is this shaft softer and a touch more spinning than the tr?

It softer in the handle that's for sure making it feel a little softer compared to the TR Blue.  I would say that the Velo+ Blue does spin a little more as well. 

Edited by phizzy30

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

1 hour ago, phizzy30 said:

It softer in the handle that's for sure making it feel a little softer compared to the TR Blue.  I would say that the Velo+ Blue does spin a little more as well. 

I did not have this experience on trackman. I will post new data Friday but from my testing, smash factor went from 1.47 to 1.48, spin dropped 300 rpms, ball speed up 1.5mph. All this to say, the + in my 3 wood added 12 yards and tightened up dispersion. YMMV. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Exactly! It's just like learning to use the AutoFlex shafts.

Callaway Paradym Trip Dia 9.5* - Fuji Blue VeloCore TR 6s or New Blue VeloCore 6S+

2021 Callaway UW 17* & 21* - Fuji Red Ventus Velocore 7X
Callaway Apex TCB  4-pw - Steelfiber i110cw S hard stepped 1"

Callaway Jaws Forged TI red dots 52@50/56@55/60*& Jaws Raw Z grind 60*z, DG TI S400

2021 Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K DW & Eleven both at 33.5"
Ball: 2024 Callaway Chrome Tour X -tested, great feel & spin!

1 hour ago, StillCantPutt said:

I did not have this experience on trackman. I will post new data Friday but from my testing, smash factor went from 1.47 to 1.48, spin dropped 300 rpms, ball speed up 1.5mph. All this to say, the + in my 3 wood added 12 yards and tightened up dispersion. YMMV. 

Good to see that it's worked out well for you.  I hit 30 balls outdoors split with it and the WB at my home CC so it was limited testing.  Both shafts were the head pro's and he has a trackman setup as well.  What I posted was my experience/results.  It just goes to show that golfers react differently to the same shafts. 

Edited by phizzy30

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Well my first session with the + was a disappointment. 
For some reason this shaft is just going right for me. Tip definitely feels stiffer than my TR red and TR blue. 
Setup;

taylormade Qi10 LS 10.5° one click lower, weight neutral. 45.5” playing length. 6x in all shafts. 

I hit probably 40-50 balls with each shaft. TR blue and TR red performed normally.(high fade, 2400-2800 spin) my normal miss is a low pull fade. 

Velocore + was almost always a push and fading way more than the other two shafts. I normally play 1 click lower/open and I tried going back to standard and moving the weight to draw setting. It didn’t make a difference. 
My testing was done indoors with a Bushnell launch pro on GS Pro just practicing off a course tee. 

I’ll get on FSX this week so I can upload data. I had really high hopes reading all the reviews here but it has not been my experience at all. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Stephen1125 said:

For some reason this shaft is just going right for me. Tip definitely feels stiffer than my TR red and TR blue. 
Setup;

taylormade Qi10 LS 10.5° one click lower, weight neutral. 45.5” playing length. 6x in all shafts. 

I hit probably 40-50 balls with each shaft. TR blue and TR red performed normally.(high fade, 2400-2800 spin) my normal miss is a low pull fade. 

Velocore + was almost always a push and fading way more than the other two shafts. I normally play 1 click lower/open and I tried going back to standard and moving the weight to draw setting. It didn’t make a difference. 
My testing was done indoors with a Bushnell launch pro on GS Pro just practicing off a course tee. 

I’ll get on FSX this week so I can upload data. I had really high hopes reading all the reviews here but it has not been my experience at all. 

If anything, I would have thought it would be softer than TR Blue and turn over more.  Weird!

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

1 hour ago, Stephen1125 said:

Setup;

I'm sure it's at least partly due to how soft my current shaft is, but I had the same experience re. the rights. I had to feel like I was hitting a snap hook to finally hit a straight one.

So, this new one is softer than tr blue and firmer than og blue?

WITB

8 hours ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

If anything, I would have thought it would be softer than TR Blue and turn over more.  Weird!

It felt a good deal softer than TR Blue, to me. Draw / hook city in 6S 

• Like 1

WITB:

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Chrome Tour X

9 hours ago, The Ultimate Hack said:

So, this new one is softer than tr blue and firmer than og blue?

2 hours ago, JourdanM said:

It felt a good deal softer than TR Blue, to me. Draw / hook city in 6S 

Members are reporting different results, however I saw the same as @JourdanMwhen I tested the 6X.  It sits right in between TR and OG Blue, IMO in terms of how it feels(overall firmness)but smoother than either one.  It was very easy to turnover.  A little too easy if you catch my drift.  I think it works better for smooth/moderate transition players tbh. 

2 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Members are reporting different results, however I saw the same as @JourdanMwhen I tested the 6X.  It sits right in between TR and OG Blue, IMO in terms of how it feels(overall firmness)but smoother than either one.  It was very easy to turnover.  A little too easy if you catch my drift.  I think it works better for smooth/moderate transition players tbh. 

100% agree. When deliberate, it's very nice, but the minute I got quick, it got pretty ugly 

WITB:

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Chrome Tour X

I'm liking it in 3W, but thinking I'm going to stay with TR Blue in Driver and 7W. In my G430 Max 3 Wood I've played TR Black 7X, TR Red 7X, and Velo+ Blue 7X. I would say it has more "left" than the other 2, but easier to load.

On good days all 3 gave me similar numbers: 162-165 ball speed, 260-270 carry/280-290 total, spin altered a little bit for my setup (TR Black averaged 2850 spin, TR Red was 2800, and Velo+ Blue is at 3000, launch was 11-12 with all 3 (I did have a few sessions with 8-9 launch with the TR Black and on the course/outside it seems to go lower than I see it on the Trackman #'s). Trying to figure out where the Velo+ Blue sits on bad swing days. So far if I'm getting tired or having a bad day: TR Black (Blocks out right or not getting as much ball speed because I'm not loading it), TR Red (Low hooks), Velo+ Blue (Moon balls. Still straight-ish but launching 150 feet in the air). Lol not sure which one I'm ok with yet..In the trees on the right, in the rough/trees on the left, or in the fairway/first cut but still have a long ways to go. Easiest to load should mean less of that, but we'll see.

Still testing because:

• I love the TR Black for off the tee (Low tight draws all day and can actually cut the ball if I need to. Probably the only one out of the 3 I feel confident I'm not going to set up for a cut and close the face down and lose it way left)
  • TR Red was decent at both tee and off the deck for me (To me it's such a drastic profile change that going from any of the other Ventus shafts to TR Red I always needed a few finders swings to time it right. After that though look out. Black and Blue I can switch back and forth with no issues..I remember reading someone who went on the Fuji trip saying that they fit people with handle preference, but idk maybe that doesn't apply as much when working with heavier Ping heads)
  • So far I much prefer the Velo+ Blue off the deck vs. off the tee. Going to try and play around with tee height and see if that helps. This is the only one causing me to question my choice on the shallow face on my G430 3W..Didn't even think about it with the other 2 shafts. I've also only logged 5 sessions on Trackman and hit it outdoors a few times, so still have plenty of testing to do.  
Edited by ajbillings

PING G430 MAX 10K 10.5° | Fujikura 2024 Ventus Blue (Azalea) 6X

PING G430 MAX 3W 15°@14° | Fujikura 2024 Ventus Blue 7X

PING G430 MAX 7W 21°@19.5° | Fujikura 2024 Ventus Blue 8X

PING G430 5H 26°@25° | Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 9X

PING i230 5i-7i, PING Blueprint S 8i-PW | Fujikura Axiom 125X

PING Glide 4.0 Stealth 50°-12 | Fujikura Axiom 125X

PING Glide 4.0 Stealth 55°-11 (56°@55°), 60°-8 (58°T@60°), Glide Forged Pro 60°-09 (59°EYE2@60°) | DG S400 Tour Issue "Season Opener" Masters Edition

PING PLD Custom DS72H 35.5" | BGT Stability Tour Masters M-Edition and L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 MAX 36" White/Green Masters Edition | LA GOLF P-Series 135 White/Green

Titleist Pro V1x

It honestly sounds like the reviews haven't been great. 

WITB

I think people are expecting it to be a completely different shaft than OG blue but isn't it meant to be near identical just a bit tighter performance wise with the same feel? People's expectations may be influencing how they feel about it?

Driver: Cobra DarkSpeed LS 10.5° - Ventus Blue 6x
3W: TaylorMade Qi10 15° - Kai'li White 70x
5W: TaylorMade Qi10 18° - Kai'li White 70x
Irons: Cobra King Tour 4-5 Cobra King CB 6-9 Cobra King MB Pw-Gw - Modus 120x
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 TourRack 54 mid & 58 low - Modus 125 Wedge Shaft
Putter: L.A.B Mezz.1 Max w Accra shaft

Just now, MiloMalt said:

I think people are expecting it to be a completely different shaft than OG blue but isn't it meant to be near identical just a bit tighter performance wise with the same feel? People's expectations may be influencing how they feel about it?

I actually expected it to play and feel more like the OG Blue.  It's pretty close but with smoother feel.  TR Blue is a different animal, IMO. 

• Like 1

I got a chance to hit the new Blue 6S along with a few others on an indoor Trackman last night.  I've been playing a softer Tensei Blue 55 S and after an offseason using Stack System, its playing too soft.  I warmed up with the Ventus Blue TR 6S before a round last week but it seemed to balloon a bit so I quickly put it away before a teeing it up for somewhat of a important round and went back with the gamer.

I'd be curious to hear others thoughts because I'm probably more uncertain now than ever.  I have a pretty soft transition, more swinger than hitter.  

Tensei Blue AV 65 TX - TSR3
  Club Speed Ball Speed Smash Carry Total Spin Rate Attack Ang. Side Tot. Height Curve
Average 108.1 158 1.46 266 292.2 2504 0.7 10.2R 89 0.9R
Consist. 1.5 1.7 0.01 3 3.6 330 0.8 12.7 10 17.9R
  Ventus Blue 6S - TSR3
  Club Speed Ball Speed Smash Fac. Carry Total Spin Rate Attack Ang. Side Tot. Height Curve
Average 108.1 158.2 1.46 267 289.3 2784 1 15.7R 99 10.4R
Consist. 0.9 1.5 0.01 3.6 6.2 357 0.9 10.7 9 13.5R
  Ventus Blue TR 6S - TSR3
  Club Speed Ball Speed Smash Fac. Carry Total Spin Rate Attack Ang. Side Tot. Height Curve
Average 108.7 157.7 1.45 267.1 286.9 2890 1.1 26.5R 110 9.7R
Consist. 1 1.9 0.01 5.4 7.7 474 0.6 4.4 11 11.6R
  Tensei Blue AV - 55 S - TSR3 (Gamer)
Average 107.8 158.5 1.47 265.2 290.5 2662 1.3 8.4L 89 10.2L
Consist. 0.9 0.9 0.01 2.3 3.2 232 0.7 12.7 13 23.5R
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, chaffeeba25 said:

I got a chance to hit the new Blue 6S along with a few others on an indoor Trackman last night.  I've been playing a softer Tensei Blue 55 S and after an offseason using Stack System, its playing too soft.  I warmed up with the Ventus Blue TR 6S before a round last week but it seemed to balloon a bit so I quickly put it away before a teeing it up for somewhat of a important round and went back with the gamer.

I'd be curious to hear others thoughts because I'm probably more uncertain now than ever.  I have a pretty soft transition, more swinger than hitter.  

Tensei Blue AV 65 TX - TSR3
  Club Speed Ball Speed Smash Carry Total Spin Rate Attack Ang. Side Tot. Height Curve
Average 108.1 158 1.46 266 292.2 2504 0.7 10.2R 89 0.9R
Consist. 1.5 1.7 0.01 3 3.6 330 0.8 12.7 10 17.9R
  Ventus Blue 6S - TSR3
Average 108.1 158.2 1.46 267 289.3 2784 1 15.7R 99 10.4R
Consist. 0.9 1.5 0.01 3.6 6.2 357 0.9 10.7 9 13.5R
  Ventus Blue TR 6S - TSR3
Average 108.7 157.7 1.45 267.1 286.9 2890 1.1 26.5R 110 9.7R
Consist. 1 1.9 0.01 5.4 7.7 474 0.6 4.4 11 11.6R
  Tensei Blue AV - 55 S - TSR3 (Gamer)
Average 107.8 158.5 1.47 265.2 290.5 2662 1.3 8.4L 89 10.2L
Consist. 0.9 0.9 0.01 2.3 3.2 232 0.7 12.7 13 23.5R

What happens to your numbers with an x vs  s in the ventus? Numbers look like you could fit into either and I’m guessing might get some lower spin in the x. 

8 hours ago, Stephen1125 said:

Day 2 with the shaft. I got numbers from my TR blue, TR red and velocore+

The profile just isn’t working for me. Today wasn’t a great day for the swing but the TR red fits me much better. 

IMG_1604.jpeg

Thanks for sharing this comparison. Pretty interesting to see how the Velocore+ launches higher and spins less than the TR Red. Seems like TR Red fits into a better spin window but launched on the low end. How did the dispersion between the three compare? 

Day 1 with this shaft, and after 140 swings between 7 iron and driver I started to get it moving (for me)

The most I’ve ever had in one session was a maybe 5 balls in the 170’s, but never like this.

This was after 3 weeks off from a wrist injury so haven’t done any speed work at all.

Build is + 6x, tipped 1” 45.25” playing length 

IMG_6171.jpeg

• Like 2