Padraig Harrington WITB – 2024 Texas Children's Houston Open

Dude can have any putter on earth ... And that is what he picks?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

1 hour ago, Thomas A said:

I saw an interview where he said the Wilson driver is equal to the Titleist, but it would have to beat the Titleist to get in the bag. Trainor has the Wilson in play though. 

Last I checked Martin Trainer is playing a version of a driver that never made it to retail.  I don't understand why Wilson is making heads that their tour players are at least interested in but then not even bringing a version of it to the retail market.  It's like they have two different sides of the golf department not talking to each other.

image.png.c68b499b9582f46b0362c1c636ab4cc6.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

Last I checked Martin Trainer is playing a version of a driver that never made it to retail.  I don't understand why Wilson is making heads that their tour players are at least interested in but then not even bringing a version of it to the retail market.  It's like they have two different sides of the golf department not talking to each other.

image.png.c68b499b9582f46b0362c1c636ab4cc6.png

It's also strange that they don't have the driver deal as a requirement. Guess it's possible they do, but it's in the bags of guys not doing much at the moment. Kisner & Streelman are very streaky. Aside from Padraig Wilson doesn't have much in the way of regular names in the stable at the moment since Woodland went to Cobra.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PedronNiall said:

It's also strange that they don't have the driver deal as a requirement. Guess it's possible they do, but it's in the bags of guys not doing much at the moment. Kisner & Streelman are very streaky. Aside from Padraig Wilson doesn't have much in the way of regular names in the stable at the moment since Woodland went to Cobra.

If they have drivers as a must have perhaps they wouldn't get signings. 

• Like 2

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Looks like a new utility iron is forthcoming. Still with the new blank shield. Why?

Are they saving a penny per club by not stamping a W & S in the traditional staff shield or are Gen Z kids running the show over there?

Also, the Dynapwr name is great opportunity to introduce a more premium line of woods. 

Unfortunately, if one of those Gen Z kids calling the shots is reading this, they never got past the first sentence. A gnat has a longer attention span 😂

• Like 3

Titleist TSR3 9* 1K stiff

Titleist TS2 Hy 18* Evenflow stiff

W/S C300 Forged 4-GW Pro Modus 120 S

W/S Staff wedges 52*/56* Pro Modus 120 S

Cameron Futura 38" CB

Wilson Triad/Pro V1

You see!!! Not all tour pros play with ultra pretty top exclusive tour spec bear. Here is one of the best seniors at the moment and tournament golf legend, playing with well, I don't want to offend anyone least of all Padraig but, he js playing with 16 handicappers gear. Thats why we love golf so much - the great leveller....but those grips Padraig....seriously..... you'll prob find his mother packs him a sewing repair kit bix in his golf bag so he can repair thise loose stitchings on his grips....Simply aweful...but if youre used to a certain grip....well......who am I to b**** about it?

• Like 3

Wilson doesn’t make it easy to buy their wedges. Their site shows everything out of stock. If you customize the wedges a lot more options become available. 

I took the plunge on the 64*/10. Wilson has a great shaft selection once you get into the custom options.  Free stamping (3 characters) and paint fill is another bonus. 

• Like 3

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

On 3/29/2024 at 11:36 AM, Audreyone said:

Looks like a new utility iron is forthcoming. Still with the new blank shield. Why?

Are they saving a penny per club by not stamping a W & S in the traditional staff shield or are Gen Z kids running the show over there?

Also, the Dynapwr name is great opportunity to introduce a more premium line of woods. 

Unfortunately, if one of those Gen Z kids calling the shots is reading this, they never got past the first sentence. A gnat has a longer attention span 😂

I'm pretty sure the folks running Wilson Golf are full grown adults. Not sure of the reasoning behind the blank shield but it's fair to say their decision is made. 

I also look forward to the next line of woods. The current DP woods are nice but hopefully the next ones get them back in players hands.  I am trying the hybrid and 3w and like them so far.

• Like 3

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60
Wilson Staff Bucktown Putter

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

On 3/31/2024 at 10:34 AM, getair23 said:

Wilson doesn’t make it easy to buy their wedges. Their site shows everything out of stock. If you customize the wedges a lot more options become available. 

I took the plunge on the 64*/10. Wilson has a great shaft selection once you get into the custom options.  Free stamping (3 characters) and paint fill is another bonus. 

I spoke to someone about the wedge inventory and it's a shipping/transpiration issue thats out of their control. It should be cleared up fairly soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60
Wilson Staff Bucktown Putter

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

On 4/1/2024 at 11:33 AM, jmcm87 said:

A senior maybe but watched him complete a range session Saturday from 20' away and his distances are at least tour avg. Some of those speed drills looks painful on the back. 

Paddy has always been this maniac on the range. 

Before and after rounds.

Paddy will literally spend an entire day at the range just smoking large buckets.

He is a freak and it must be so hard to caddy for him just being at the range all day every day.

But he is OCD about it. 

- Something that continues to go long off the tee in the fairway
- Something that is a fairway finder when needed and long
- Something that high, consistent and helps with par 5’s
-  Something to help with long par3’s and short par 4’s

-  Something metal, lots of them and go the gaps I need
- Something metal, 2x of them and helps me 120y and in
- Putters - limited rotation because I cannot afford misses

Golf is what you make of it.  Play grateful and accepting. We are all lucky to have it.

Rather than expecting lets all try and appreciate instead. 
Treat people the way you want to be treated

Anyone not notice the raw 5i but the rest of the irons are chrome, what the?

I hope they release a raw version of these like my v6's.  

Just awesome irons. 

I have had a few sets of v6's,  and v4's,  even played the D7's for 2 seasons but they had s300's at a d4/5 swing weight and it become a bit much for me and sold them.

I would love a d9/forged CB combo in raw with some raw wedges. 

• Like 1

Golf is what you make of it.  Play grateful and accepting. We are all lucky to have it.

58 minutes ago, Ben Berube said:

Before and after rounds.

Paddy will literally spend an entire day at the range just smoking large buckets.

He is a freak and it must be so hard to caddy for him just being at the range all day every day.

But he is OCD about it. 

Not the worst way to spend a Saturday afternoon. 

image.png.5e8bd90765c9ffd771c1eca543e7cdb3.png

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 11:36 AM, Audreyone said:

They have Dynapwr woods that dropped alongside the new drivers, including the carbon. Are you saying they should have an additional line that's above it? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ben Berube said:

Before and after rounds.

But he is OCD about it. 

Not sure if Harrington still does it but he got his caddie to clean his wedge clubface after each and every wedge he hit on the range.

Talking about how pedantic he is...

https://www.irishgolfdesk.com/news-files/2011/1/15/harrington-fingers-his-trigger.html?rq=Harrington finger

Outlining the biggest changes, Harrington explained:

• “I changed the actual grips on my golf club. Most people would think ‘well, what’s that’. I have a reminder in my grip – I’ve taken it out. I’ve gone to round grips. That’s a big, big change.
  • “I’ve knocked all the clubs a degree flat – that’s a little change.
  • “I have weakened my grip, lowered my hands a bit and pushed them a bit further forward … small things.
  • “Probably the biggest one (and this is partly why I’ve changed these other things), I’ve changed my trigger to take the club away in my routine. I used take the club away from a moving position. I now take the club away from a static position.
  • “Part of that, I used to have a big squat to take the club away, so that’s gone. There’s a little one. I’d love to get it all gone but it’s hard to change your trigger, full stop.
  • “I’m taking the club away without my hips so there’s a much smaller hip turn – a much bigger coil but a smaller hip turn.
  • “Obviously, that changes my plane in the back swing.
  • “I’ve changed my chin position at the top of my backswing.  I used to try and swing my shoulder under my chin, so I’d poke my head out to do it, which we think has contributed to my neck issues. So now I’m tucking my head in at the top of my backswing.
  • “The trigger probably is the biggest thing. Through impact I’m going back to squatting quite a bit at the start of my downswing, as I used to. So I’m going back to that.
  • “I’m going back to trying to get my chest more down through impact to get my hands lower through impact and reduce the lateral through impact.
  • “From seven feet out I probably was 150th in every putting stat so I’ve changed my putting routine as well.
  • “I’m not standing off the ball when I’m taking my practice putts. I’m practice putting over the ball … when you see a raw beginner, they often do that. When they take a practice putt, they lift it up and do it over the top of the ball. I’m doing that so when I put the putter back down, I’m not adjusting anything. I used to line up and get a feel for the putt, which you see a lot of guys do, then I’d take the putter inside an try a practice putt. But when I take the putter inside, I move my eye line, so the practice putts I’m getting a feel for are not the same as the putts I actually have. So I’m not changing my eye line.
  • Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 2:43 AM, iBanesto said:

Not sure if Harrington still does it but he got his caddie to clean his wedge clubface after each and every wedge he hit on the range.

Talking about how pedantic he is...

https://www.irishgolfdesk.com/news-files/2011/1/15/harrington-fingers-his-trigger.html?rq=Harrington finger

Outlining the biggest changes, Harrington explained:

• “I changed the actual grips on my golf club. Most people would think ‘well, what’s that’. I have a reminder in my grip – I’ve taken it out. I’ve gone to round grips. That’s a big, big change.
  • “I’ve knocked all the clubs a degree flat – that’s a little change.
  • “I have weakened my grip, lowered my hands a bit and pushed them a bit further forward … small things.
  • “Probably the biggest one (and this is partly why I’ve changed these other things), I’ve changed my trigger to take the club away in my routine. I used take the club away from a moving position. I now take the club away from a static position.
  • “Part of that, I used to have a big squat to take the club away, so that’s gone. There’s a little one. I’d love to get it all gone but it’s hard to change your trigger, full stop.
  • “I’m taking the club away without my hips so there’s a much smaller hip turn – a much bigger coil but a smaller hip turn.
  • “Obviously, that changes my plane in the back swing.
  • “I’ve changed my chin position at the top of my backswing.  I used to try and swing my shoulder under my chin, so I’d poke my head out to do it, which we think has contributed to my neck issues. So now I’m tucking my head in at the top of my backswing.
  • “The trigger probably is the biggest thing. Through impact I’m going back to squatting quite a bit at the start of my downswing, as I used to. So I’m going back to that.
  • “I’m going back to trying to get my chest more down through impact to get my hands lower through impact and reduce the lateral through impact.
  • “From seven feet out I probably was 150th in every putting stat so I’ve changed my putting routine as well.
  • “I’m not standing off the ball when I’m taking my practice putts. I’m practice putting over the ball … when you see a raw beginner, they often do that. When they take a practice putt, they lift it up and do it over the top of the ball. I’m doing that so when I put the putter back down, I’m not adjusting anything. I used to line up and get a feel for the putt, which you see a lot of guys do, then I’d take the putter inside an try a practice putt. But when I take the putter inside, I move my eye line, so the practice putts I’m getting a feel for are not the same as the putts I actually have. So I’m not changing my eye line.

Holy craps. The dude is obsessive and nuts.

What about the Crazy Eyes he has while biting his tongue?  

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2024 at 2:31 PM, jmcm87 said:

Not the worst way to spend a Saturday afternoon. 

image.png.5e8bd90765c9ffd771c1eca543e7cdb3.png

Can you imagine every day all day though?

”what we doing today?”

”same thing every day…. 10000 balls 10yrs straight through”!!

I followed Paddy for a bit during the first round of the 2015 Master’s and he won me as a fan for life.  The way he interacted with kids between holes and the fans was amazing!  Such a good dude!

He’s bigger than you think and his swing is incredibly powerful, especially off the tee.

I can’t wait to get my hands on the new wedges.  They did a nice job adjusting the shape of the leading edge.  Slimmed down the profile a touch as well.

• Like 1

Mizuno   STZ 230 9.5*   Tensei Raw White 65x

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x  

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Vokey   Sm8 50, Sm10 54s bent to 55, Sm10 60s all custom ground 

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X