2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Sucks we don't get to see Bryson play more...

Just now, bscinstnct said:

Youre gettin a bit carried away lol

BD is 30 with 2 majors

The fans were mostly cheering a great event. A few knucklehead BD fans were chanting USA 

If Scottie or Max or Spieth was in the same spot. The fans would be going nuts for them 

Nuh, Scottie or especially Spieth aren't long enough to get that fan response.

• Like 1

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

2 minutes ago, Rapidcat said:

Nuh, Scottie or especially Spieth aren't long enough to get that fan response.

Uh okayyyyyy?

The cheers you heard were for the pinnacle of an exciting sports event at the crescendo. Whomever was in the hunt at the end, it was exciting and the fans would go nuts (*)

If BD was T28 there be like 50 frat guys following him chanting USA and the rest of the fans be cheering the last groups

(*) maybe not Brian Harman 🤣 🍻 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Are you talking about drives or… hot dogs 🌭?

*sorry, per usual I’m blaming the

I can't respond, I'll be banned:classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

Just now, bscinstnct said:

Uh okayyyyyy?

The cheers you heard were for the pinnacle of an exciting sports event at the crescendo. Whomever was in the hunt at the end, it was exciting and the fans would go nuts (*)

If BD was T28 there be like 50 frat guys following him chanting USA and the rest of the fans be cheering the last groups

(*) maybe not Brian Harman 🤣 🍻 

We'll have to agree to disagree, I don't see it that way.

1 minute ago, Greg_B said:

LIV has nobody I miss seeing play on a regular basis in actual competition except Tyrell Hatton, for his entertainment value.  The rest are mostly villains, scoundrels, has-beens or never-was types with rare exceptions. Those who were competitive when they took the bag of Saudi gold quickly degenerated into sideshow exhibition players although the Incredible Hulk seems an exception. 

Just close your eyes then at the majors, LIV golfers win some of those.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rapidcat said:

We'll have to agree to disagree, I don't see it that way.

cheers 🍻 rc

BD is very popular, he’s done a great job cultivating fans, and the long ball is great to see

But this “Superman of golf” notion can only be earned with a heck of a lot more than big drives and 2 majors.

Everyone loves a winner.

His prestige in the game can only truly grow by carving out space in the form of winning more big events. 

• Like 1

Before I go. To the ppl buyin what Bryson is selling. I have created a new supplement that *melts away body fat that has zero side effects other than washboard abs. Special pricing for WRXers. Just shoot me a PM and include the promo code: AMANOFTHEPPL and we will get u set up. Thanks and have a terrific day! ☺️

*must be used in conjunction with an approved diet and exercise program 

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

cheers 🍻 rc

BD is very popular, he’s done a great job cultivating fans, and the long ball is great to see

But this “Superman of golf” notion can only be earned with a heck of a lot more than big drives and 2 majors.

Everyone loves a winner.

His prestige in the game can only truly grow by carving out space in the form of winning more big events. 

I think he will but why is prestige important - that's just for old fogey golf watchers (I'm 61 btw and I couldn't care less about that).

But differently to others, he is doing it in his own way eg jumbo grips, one length clubs, graphite shafts, his putter set-up, mucking around with long drive comps, YT content.

He is the next most significant player since Tiger, it will evolve more over the next decade.

He'll win more majors, (already) influence equipment direction and connect with Joe average golfer more than others.

Just my opinion (since his first US Open win - I'm not a band wagon jumper).

The PGAT needs him back so desperately, he's so box office. The current PGAT players are sooooooooooo boring.

Aberg ain't the answer, he's good but a stiff.

Edited by Rapidcat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Rapidcat said:

I think he will but why is prestige important - that's just for old fogey golf watchers (I'm 61 btw and I couldn't care less about that).

But differently to others, he is doing it in his own way eg jumbo grips, one length clubs, graphite shafts, his putter set-up, mucking around with long drive comps, YT content.

He is the next most significant player since Tiger, it will evolve more over the next decade.

He'll win more majors, (already) influence equipment direction and connect with Joe average golfer more than others.

Just my opinion (since his first US Open win - I'm not a band wagon jumper).

The PGAT needs him back so desperately, he's so box office. The current PGAT players are sooooooooooo boring.

Aberg ain't the answer, he's good but a stiff.

rc what I mean by prestige 

Is whatever respect and notoriety you actually get from 

Winning. Majors

Arnie is the King. He was enormously popular but he’s the King because he won a lot of huge events. Without winning, he’d be….

Rickie 🤣

If he wins more majors he can be a real legend in the game 

If he doesn’t he will just be a side show long driver, “mad scientist”, and hero to a bunch of guys on YouTube; )

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Before I go. To the ppl buyin what Bryson is selling. I have created a new supplement that *melts away body fat that has zero side effects other than washboard abs. Special pricing for WRXers. Just shoot me a PM and include the promo code: AMANOFTHEPPL and we will get u set up. Thanks and have a terrific day! ☺️

*must be used in conjunction with an approved diet and exercise program 

“I have created a new supplement that *melts away body fat that has zero side effects other than washboard abs.”

IMG_4503.jpeg

• Haha 3

Bryson has only played 3 "PGA Tour" events this year. But still look at his current stats:

1st in all categories (but not enough events to be official)

SG total: 4.284 - Scottie Scheffler is 2.728

SG Tee to green: 3.202 - Scottie Scheffler 2.743

SG off the Tee: 1.290

SG Putting 1.082

SG Around the green 1.176

6th

SG approach 0.736 - Scheffler 1.520

Edited by Golfnutgalen
  • Like 3

After my shower I thought... I typically separate the person from the player. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t root for many! If ya buy into what Bryson is now portraying, gawd bless ya. I’d personally like to get to a place where I can tune out the nonsense and just enjoy it for what it is. A sport that is a nice distraction/entertainment that at the end of the day, doesn’t really matter. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Have a wonderful day!

*to those of you that have PM’d me for the supplement, just another of my bad “jokes”. And get a grip! You’re embarrassing yourselves! 😜

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TiScape said:

After my shower I thought... I typically separate the person from the player. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t root for many! If ya buy into what Bryson is now portraying, gawd bless ya. I’d personally like to get to a place where I can tune out the nonsense and just enjoy it for what it is. A sport that is a nice distraction/entertainment that at the end of the day, doesn’t really matter. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Have a wonderful day!

*to those of you that have PM’d me for the supplement, just another of my bad “jokes”. And get a grip! You’re embarrassing yourselves! 😜

You found another thread to continue your list of reasons of why you don't like someone?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mrgreen36 said:

You found another thread to continue your list of reasons of why you don't like someone?

😂 hi Mrgreen. Apparently so! 
cheers 🍻 

*and I don’t necessarily dislike Bryson. Just think his persona is a bit phony/contrived ala a SM influencer. Sure he’s a decent person and definitely a terrific golfer! 🏌🏽‍♂️ 

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 1

Sure sounded like the crowd was behind him. I can't imagine why the crowd is so different around here. I guess you could call him a phony and hate his personality etc..., but he nutted up and won that tournament under immense pressure. I have to admire anyone that can perform in that kind of moment. Guy is a stud! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bvmagic said:

Even before the split, I didn't have time to watch much golf outside the majors.  With the wrap around season it was just way too many events to watch and keep up with. 

PGA put signature events before and after the US open and LIV has two events before / after as well.  Do they really expect us to be zoned in on the Travelers / Nashville event this week?  There is just too much golf at this point that just makes the majors that much more important.  Hope they can resolve their differences and figure out a way to make sure the best players are at the majors regardless of tour affiliation.   

Agreed 100%. The PGA Tour/PIF need to do a better job with how they schedule events going forward. 

8 hours ago, Golfnutgalen said:

Bryson has only played 3 "PGA Tour" events this year. But still look at his current stats:

1st in all categories (but not enough events to be official)

SG total: 4.284 - Scottie Scheffler is 2.728

SG Tee to green: 3.202 - Scottie Scheffler 2.743

SG off the Tee: 1.290

SG Putting 1.082

SG Around the green 1.176

6th

SG approach 0.736

Really this says it all.

On 6/17/2024 at 10:11 AM, stinger_gc said:

Honestly 4 times a year is enough.  I think by the time the Open ends Bryson fatigue will hit me

I kind of agree with your point about 4 times a year being enough. Maybe 6. But it’s hard to get up much enthusiasm beyond that. For sure 12 or more would be too much. I think one of the problems LIV has is you see the same small field every event.

The Super Bowl is great, but once a year is enough. Play it 4 times a year and it loses a lot.

6 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

He’s pretty good in the big events

IMG_9992.jpeg.8ca4682f25dbd5c0bff50766fc252158.jpeg

Ya but how many wins?

IMG_4546.jpeg

🤣🍻

Cheers CJ, just kidding

BD is awesome to watch, one of the guys that if he’s in the hunt in a big event, I want to see all his shots.

And I hope it’s not just a hot streak and he can be in top form for more than just this year. 

But this thread is how it’s lame we can’t see him more and unfortunately 90% of golf fans don’t care about the tour he’s on. Hopefully they can figure out how to get him and all/most top guys  playing together more often. 

Edited by bscinstnct