2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Sucks we don't get to see Bryson play more...

1 hour ago, bscinstnct said:

Ya but how many wins?

IMG_4546.jpeg

🤣🍻

Cheers CJ, just kidding

But this thread is how it’s lame we can’t see him more and unfortunately 90% of golf fans don’t care about the tour he’s on. Hopefully they can figure out how to get him and all/most top guys  playing together more often. 

Ahh bsc, many a true word is said in jest - I use your method, too:classic_biggrin:

Re the bolded above, personally I agree as long as it is both global and US events.

Simple enough to do - just follow the Aramco/PIF example on the LET. Say replace 6 (or how many)  standard (not signature) PGAT events with these type events, prizemoney funded by the PIF, have them as highest prizemoney events (higher than LIV), maybe half the events in the US, half elsewhere and open to PGAT players based on whatever ranking system is agreed.

Most US based players will play wherever the events are based on the $ prizemoney and when they are held, too big to pass up and no extra events on the calendar.

Even trial different formats at each event to see what resonates with the public.

Should have done something akin to this 3 years ago and LIV wouldn't likely exist.

• Like 1

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

On 6/17/2024 at 9:46 AM, Abh159 said:

I felt that same way when the split first happened, but my feelings have changed a bit over time. The only event I feel like we're really missing out on is the Players Championship since it's always been more or less a mini major anyway.

I honestly can't say I'd care all that much about watching (insert PGA Tour pro) battle it out against (insert LIV pro) to win the Traveler's Championship or Sony Open...

I can actually envisioning the Tour inviting certain LIV players to the Players Championship as part of the reconciliation of golf. They would not receive any Fedex or other Tour points but still be eligible for the prize money and trophy.

Ping G430 SFT 10.5

Ping G425 SFT 3W, 5W

Ping G410 4H

Ping G425 Irons 5-LW

Putter 2024 Ping Anser 2 

Titleist Tour Speed/AVX

Titleist 14 Way Hybrid Golf Bag

2 minutes ago, geauxt said:

There is no way you actually believe this

I do.

Currently the longest and the best in the most important events.

It's not just his tourney play though, it's his method and approach, equipment innovations/taking something already existing and showing it works in the heat of battle, his YT work (as a top playing pro), his resonation with younger golf fans so bringing these folk into following golf (not the WRX audience of 50+ yo's - like me).

Of course he's not Tiger (but longer than Tiger ever was and that gets eyes) but he is influencing golf more broadly and differently than just and only tourney play).

Plus he's not mind-numbingly boring  like saint Scottie (naughty boy driver that he is), XZXZXZander et al (not Rory, he's interesting and soo good).

You might not agree but at least you know my thoughts - as you asked.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

9 minutes ago, Jolter said:

I can actually envisioning the Tour inviting certain LIV players to the Players Championship as part of the reconciliation of golf. They would not receive any Fedex or other Tour points but still be eligible for the prize money and trophy.

Would be an abomination as the PGAT didn't allow Cam to defend his Players title.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ghost of Snead said:

"He" would have been Koepka or Cam Smith had they won the US Open. 

Would’ve been those guys if either had an ounce of commercial marketability. Both are amazing players, but neither qualify as superstars. This is a problem with professional golf, there’s simply no transcendent stars. 

• Like 2

He is the next most significant player since Tiger, it will evolve more over the next decade.

Could be, of course people hate it when you compare anybody to Tiger. 

Bryson is the guy who really put distance speed training on the map. Players like Rory and Xander followed suit. But so far nobody is touching his one length irons, haha.

Remember I said put it on the map. To my knowledge Phil and Tiger were speed training in 2018-2019 and we were gushing at their occasional 180s ballspeeds. 

But those gains were still tiny because they were always big hitters. Bryson went from 175 to 192. That's absurd. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

Would’ve been those guys if either had an ounce of commercial marketability. Both are amazing players, but neither qualify as superstars. This is a problem with professional golf, there’s simply no transcendent stars. 

You're right of course with one regional-only difference: Cam is a superstar in Oz, as small a market as that is.

He's like the pied piper of golf here, so much more popular than say Scott and Day. Girls were fainting meeting him, like a Justin Bieber concert.

Superstar based on popularity not golf achievement (that's good but not great).

I enjoy watching the majors.  I try to watch as much of each as is possible / practical.

Occasionally I'll watch a Sunday of the Ryder Cup, if it looks like it's going to be close.

Beyond that, I just don't find much that's very compelling in the current professional golfing landscape.

So if Bryson was still with the PGA or if there wasn't a split I'd probably see about as much of him as I currently am.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Golfnutgalen said:

Could be, of course people hate it when you compare anybody to Tiger. 

Bryson is the guy who really put distance speed training on the map. Players like Rory and Xander followed suit. But so far nobody is touching his one length irons, haha.

Remember I said put it on the map. To my knowledge Phil and Tiger were speed training in 2018-2019 and we were gushing at their occasional 180s ballspeeds. 

But those gains were still tiny because they were always big hitters. Bryson went from 175 to 192. That's absurd. 

Tiger and Phil where well into there 40s

bryson was 23 🤣

On 6/17/2024 at 1:06 PM, TiScape said:

Good idea… I could use a break. Haha

*to the mods. To clarify, suspension not banned 😊

You don't get to choose your punishment here, fish. 

I'll see you in the yard. 

• Haha 1

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

There's something a little bit off about the new, more friendly Bryson.  It's almost like he's playing a role in a movie.  I suspect he's received some heavy training on how to project himself in a more positive manner.

• Like 4

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

Nobody stops anyone from watching Liv. This narrative is cry baby , you can watch whatever you want. I deeply dislike Liv but at the same time don't have it in my to tell Bryson he can't play on that tour.

The PGA connected media wish they could make more money on Bryson and I fail to see it as my issue!

• Like 1

Woods: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Spoon, TaylorMade RBZ 5 Wood

Irons: Ping Zings 2 -5 , Wilson Staff Goosenecks 1988 6 to 8

Wedges: Mizuno T22 (45/05) ,1969 Fluid Feel PW (52 degrees)  ,  Wilson BeCu (54 degrees),  Wilson Sandy Andy (57 degrees)

Putter: Ping Pal or Odyssey White Hot XG Marxman Blade. 

-

Ball:  high number Pro V1's

-

Other sets include:  1972 Wilson X31's 2 to PW , Hogan Redline's 1988  4 to E (no 7), 1988 Jack Nicklaus Super Eye-O-Matic (EOM) Persimmons

2 hours ago, Ole3wiggle said:

vs the other traveling exhibitions on the other tours? They are all traveling circuses. 

Well, some more than others….  

I was referring to the one where the guys wear shorts and matching team uniforms with names like the Fireballs, the Crushers, and the Mighty Mountain Lions, and play 54 holes in front of 300 people on a course nobody’s ever heard of, while Slayer blares over the loudspeaker.  For money they’ve mostly already earned just by showing up for the golf exhibition.

This week it’s LIV Nashville.  So much history…

Edited by Archimedes65
  • Like 3

On 6/19/2024 at 6:02 AM, Rapidcat said:

Ahh bsc, many a true word is said in jest - I use your method, too:classic_biggrin:

Re the bolded above, personally I agree as long as it is both global and US events.

Simple enough to do - just follow the Aramco/PIF example on the LET. Say replace 6 (or how many)  standard (not signature) PGAT events with these type events, prizemoney funded by the PIF, have them as highest prizemoney events (higher than LIV), maybe half the events in the US, half elsewhere and open to PGAT players based on whatever ranking system is agreed.

Most US based players will play wherever the events are based on the $ prizemoney and when they are held, too big to pass up and no extra events on the calendar.

Even trial different formats at each event to see what resonates with the public.

Should have done something akin to this 3 years ago and LIV wouldn't likely exist.

Except they won’t.  Do you know how many American players were in the women’s Aramco London event last year?  Two.  Those are European Tour events almost entirely comprised of European players.

PGA Tour players are not going to play in overseas events, save for the Open Champtionship and the Ryder/Presidents Cup events, in any significant numbers.  The idea that those events would bring the best men’s players together is folly.  

Edited by Archimedes65
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Archimedes65 said:

it’s 100% manufactured.  He’s become an influencer that plays really good golf.  The yuckity yuck act is totally phony, but golf has had so many phonies over the years that one can’t really blame him.  And given the dearth of eyeballs on LIV, he’s gotta do something to get attention to his personal brand.  Sign of the times, don’t really blame him for it even though it’s a bit nauseating to an old guy like me.

What's totally phony is the fake outrage. Provide a single example of Bryson being anything other than a solid young guy. Pharisees and Sadducees judging others is the true sign of the times.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

What's totally phony is the fake outrage. Provide a single example of Bryson being anything other than a solid young guy. Pharisees and Sadducees judging others is the true sign of the times.

What outrage do you speak of, fake or otherwise?  No idea what you’re talking about.

He seems like a good guy.  His phony high energy persona is an act for the cameras, but as I said, that’s what being an entertainer is all about.  And he’s really the only thing LIV has going for it at the moment, so he’s a very valuable commodity right now.

Edited by Archimedes65
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

I don’t see outrage towards Bryson.  That is a bold statement there.

I do see a PR campaign by the other tour that paints Bryson as a saint.

People have a right to not believe everything they read on social media.  Especially when “paid content” is involved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

On 6/17/2024 at 4:19 PM, clinkinfo said:

Many of us have said the PGA tour dramatically underestimated the impact LIV had on the PGA tour product. 

They NEED to work it out and get the liv field back with the PGA tour field much more regularly.  It's killing the spectators of golf and making a worse product for both tours.

The best players are clearly spread between 2 tours right now

Not for the connoisseur........  There's precisely one LIV player in superb major winning form. One other (Garcia, at fag end of his career) finished top 25 in the US Open. 

The PGA product is much the same as it's ever been, quite a few close finishes and playoffs, a lot of first time young winners, and far too many commercials.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hammersia said:

Not for the connoisseur........  There's precisely one LIV player in superb major winning form. One other (Garcia, at fag end of his career) finished top 25 in the US Open. 

The PGA product is much the same as it's ever been, quite a few close finishes and playoffs, a lot of first time young winners, and far too many commercials.

You are in the minority.  Calling yourself a connoisseur to make it sound good isn't changing anything.  

And no, there were many LIV players who have been in the hunt or on the leaderboard in the majors.  So....what you're saying just isn't true.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, clinkinfo said:

You are in the minority.  Calling yourself a connoisseur to make it sound good isn't changing anything.  

And no, there were many LIV players who have been in the hunt or on the leaderboard in the majors.  So....what you're saying just isn't true.

In general you are overstating it, but this is just a LIV golf thread and has been from the start - everybody knows how to watch Bryson if they want to  - apparently the OP is one of millions who would enjoy watching Bryson but …….. draw the line at tuning in a LIV broadcast. 

Edited by Hawkeye77
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hawkeye77 said:

In general you are overstating it, but this is just a LIV golf thread and has been from the start - everybody knows how to watch Bryson if they want to  - apparently the OP is one of millions who would enjoy watching Bryson but …….. draw the line at tuning in a LIV broadcast. 

Or by firing up the youtube machine and watching his videos whenever one would like.

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE