Traveling to Phoenix.....Some course info for you

One_Putt_Blunder

> @Devastata said:

> would you take tpc champions over longbow?

My personal preference would be Champions. If I had to play 10 rounds between the two, I'd take 7 at Champions and 3 at Longbow. Then again, I like many courses in the area that some people wouldn't be caught dead on, so don't decide entirely off my opinion.

> @Bonneville85308 said:

> > @Devastata said:

> > would you take tpc champions over longbow?

>

> My personal preference would be Champions. If I had to play 10 rounds between the two, I'd take 7 at Champions and 3 at Longbow. Then again, I like many courses in the area that some people wouldn't be caught dead on, so don't decide entirely off my opinion.

Perhaps that is true about your taste but the Los Cab suggestion is golden.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

9 Longbow, 1 Champions. Longbow has more interesting green complexes and more hole to hole variation. Personally prefer the Longbow vibe to the TPC one.

> @Devastata said:

> would you take tpc champions over longbow?

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red Senior
TM Sim Max 3 Ventus Red Senior 
Cobra F9 17* Rescue Atmos Regular
TM Sim Max 19*, 25*, 28* Rescue Ventus Blue Senior 
Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos Regular
Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag
Titleist Velocity or Callaway Softfeel

> @DrSchteeve said:

> 9 Longbow, 1 Champions. Longbow has more interesting green complexes and more hole to hole variation. Personally prefer the Longbow vibe to the TPC one.

> > @Devastata said:

>

>

I'd probably go 8/2 Longbow myself. Don't love either but definitely like Longbow more than Champions.

> @Bonneville85308 said:

> > @Devastata said:

>

> My personal preference would be Champions. If I had to play 10 rounds between the two, I'd take 7 at Champions and 3 at Longbow. Then again, I like many courses in the area that some people wouldn't be caught dead on, so don't decide entirely off my opinion.

Nah, it isn't like there's a night and day difference in quality between the two. Both are fine. Comes down to personal opinion (as it does with any course) but it would be pretty hard to argue with anyone on either side. They're both top 100 courses for the Valley and that's about as much as you can say about them overall. Definitely not something that anyone should look down on but nothing to travel for either.

> @Devastata said:

> Hi guys. Im travelling from the UK again to scottsdale in september and this will be our third year in a row. I have had the pleasure of playing so many great courses and its really hard to choose a best. Each year we try and play differrent courses. So far i have played

> Verrado - Victory

> Verrado - Founders

> Troon North

> Grayhawk

> Copper Canyon

> Desert canyon

> verde river

> wickenburg ranch

> Wekopa - both

> tonto verde

> gold canyon - dinosaur mountain

> fire rock

> raven

> legacy

> ambiente

> boulders

> souther dunes

> quintero

> whirlwind - devils claw

> Estrella

> This year i have booked the following is there any i should take out and any you can recommend and i need 3 more courses

> Verrado - Victory

> Talking stick - Piipaash

> Corte Bella

> Poston Butte

> Verde River

> Camel back (padre)

> Estrella

> Longbow

> Wildfire

>

>

I’m assuming you have played both grayhawk and troon north. Otherwise play the one you haven't.

Im a fan of eagle mountain and would recommend it. And i would personally skip padre.

> @Devastata said:

> i really like the look of los cab but they also close for overseeding on the 16th so not to sure how the conditions will be a week before closing. Does anyone have any experience with playing the course a week before

For us often it is the closest to links style golf we get here in the valley. Courses often are closely mowed with minimal watering, greens aren't the best but very playable. Courses are brown and firm (usually all bermuda canopy has been removed in the weeks before overseed). It actually is my favorite conditioning of the year. These are generalizations and I dont have and personal experience with Los Cab pre overseed

> @vallygolf said:

> > @Devastata said:

> > i really like the look of los cab but they also close for overseeding on the 16th so not to sure how the conditions will be a week before closing. Does anyone have any experience with playing the course a week before

>

> For us often it is the closest to links style golf we get here in the valley. Courses often are closely mowed with minimal watering, greens aren't the best but very playable. Courses are brown and firm (usually all bermuda canopy has been removed in the weeks before overseed). It actually is my favorite conditioning of the year. These are generalizations and I dont have and personal experience with Los Cab pre overseed

Agree with this completely. I'm super excited that our once every 5-6 year break in overseeding is this year at DF so conditions will be very fast all winter. I personally wish we never overseeded but lovers of the color green still make up the majority of the membership anywhere you go.

• Like 2

> @az2au said:

> > @vallygolf said:

> > > @Devastata said:

> > > i really like the look of los cab but they also close for overseeding on the 16th so not to sure how the conditions will be a week before closing. Does anyone have any experience with playing the course a week before

> >

> > For us often it is the closest to links style golf we get here in the valley. Courses often are closely mowed with minimal watering, greens aren't the best but very playable. Courses are brown and firm (usually all bermuda canopy has been removed in the weeks before overseed). It actually is my favorite conditioning of the year. These are generalizations and I dont have and personal experience with Los Cab pre overseed

>

> Agree with this completely. I'm super excited that our once every 5-6 year break in overseeding is this year at DF so conditions will be very fast all winter. I personally wish we never overseeded but lovers of the color green still make up the majority of the membership anywhere you go.

Back when they didn't overseed southern dunes...holy cow that was fun!

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

> @Rohlio said:

> > @az2au said:

> > > @vallygolf said:

> > > > @Devastata said:

> > > > i really like the look of los cab but they also close for overseeding on the 16th so not to sure how the conditions will be a week before closing. Does anyone have any experience with playing the course a week before

> > >

> > > For us often it is the closest to links style golf we get here in the valley. Courses often are closely mowed with minimal watering, greens aren't the best but very playable. Courses are brown and firm (usually all bermuda canopy has been removed in the weeks before overseed). It actually is my favorite conditioning of the year. These are generalizations and I dont have and personal experience with Los Cab pre overseed

> >

> > Agree with this completely. I'm super excited that our once every 5-6 year break in overseeding is this year at DF so conditions will be very fast all winter. I personally wish we never overseeded but lovers of the color green still make up the majority of the membership anywhere you go.

>

> Back when they didn't overseed southern dunes...holy cow that was fun!

8 iron off of #10.....so fun.

> @vallygolf said:

> > @Rohlio said:

> > > @az2au said:

> > > > @vallygolf said:

> > > > > @Devastata said:

> > > > > i really like the look of los cab but they also close for overseeding on the 16th so not to sure how the conditions will be a week before closing. Does anyone have any experience with playing the course a week before

> > > >

> > > > For us often it is the closest to links style golf we get here in the valley. Courses often are closely mowed with minimal watering, greens aren't the best but very playable. Courses are brown and firm (usually all bermuda canopy has been removed in the weeks before overseed). It actually is my favorite conditioning of the year. These are generalizations and I dont have and personal experience with Los Cab pre overseed

> > >

> > > Agree with this completely. I'm super excited that our once every 5-6 year break in overseeding is this year at DF so conditions will be very fast all winter. I personally wish we never overseeded but lovers of the color green still make up the majority of the membership anywhere you go.

> >

> > Back when they didn't overseed southern dunes...holy cow that was fun!

>

> 8 iron off of #10.....so fun.

The drive on #15!

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

> @lvlites said:

> Cimarron is the best of the three. All of them suffer from shaggy greens though.

Agreed. Granite Falls South also has probably the widest fairways and playing corridors I've seen in the Phoenix area. Note that all three of these courses (plus whatever the other course in that community is - Desert Springs or something?) severely restrict tee time availability to non-residents of Sun City Grand after overseeding until around May, and the few tee times they offer in winter are at ridiculously high prices for the area. I do like Cimarron. Understand that these are retirement community golf courses that most tourists do not put on their lists to play, and green speeds are usually on the slower side to please the typical clientele. They are good courses for higher handicappers to have an enjoyable round without losing many balls or getting frustrated over putting.

Just back from 2 weeks in Scottsdale. This was a trip for playing courses I had not previously played. Finally got out to Quintero. Great conditions and spectacular views, but basically a course with 1 par 4 that they reproduced over and over. Also made it to Gold Canyon Dinosaur and had a nice time. Not much to be said that hasn't already. First time at Legend Trail and wouldn't hesitate to go back. Great course and very reasonably priced. Lastly, Wildfire Faldo. It was fine, I managed to miss most of the bunkers but when I found myself in one, they were well conditioned. Also hit up Cholla, Saguaro, and Eagle Mountain which I've played several times each over the years. As I play more and more courses in the area, I makes me appreciate We-Ko-Pa all the more.

Quintero and Dinosaur, won't likely play again. Just too far of a drive but nice course and glad to have checked them off.

Faldo, not worth playing with so many other options.

Also, my jaw almost hit the floor when the guy in the golf shop at Quintero told me to grab my cart and drive 1.5 miles up the road to the range. 1.5 miles!

PS. I did like the touch of the chocolate chip cookies handed out by the marshal at Quintero.

> @"Lefty Light HItter" said:

> A little off topic, but has anyone went to a concert at U of Phoenix stadium? The purpose of the trip is to go see the Rolling Stones and I've yet to buy tickets because I don't know what a decent seat is.

Anything in the 200s and 100s not much further than the 30 yard line(opposite end of stage) should be good seats. The 400s would be questionable imo and so would endzone tickets.

> @puttnforthe8 said:

> > @"Lefty Light HItter" said:

> > A little off topic, but has anyone went to a concert at U of Phoenix stadium? The purpose of the trip is to go see the Rolling Stones and I've yet to buy tickets because I don't know what a decent seat is.

>

> Anything in the 200s and 100s not much further than the 30 yard line(opposite end of stage) should be good seats. The 400s would be questionable imo and so would endzone tickets.

So if the stage is setup to the "home" end zone you're saying not past the visitor 30 yd line right?

In search of solid contact...

> > @puttnforthe8 said:

> > > @"Lefty Light HItter" said:

> > > A little off topic, but has anyone went to a concert at U of Phoenix stadium? The purpose of the trip is to go see the Rolling Stones and I've yet to buy tickets because I don't know what a decent seat is.

> >

> > Anything in the 200s and 100s not much further than the 30 yard line(opposite end of stage) should be good seats. The 400s would be questionable imo and so would endzone tickets.

>

> So if the stage is setup to the "home" end zone you're saying not past the visitor 30 yd line right?

Yes...But this is me...I think these work and the rest gets iffy.

2ba33glb2sz8.jpg

> @puttnforthe8 said:

> > > @puttnforthe8 said:

> > > > @"Lefty Light HItter" said:

> > > > A little off topic, but has anyone went to a concert at U of Phoenix stadium? The purpose of the trip is to go see the Rolling Stones and I've yet to buy tickets because I don't know what a decent seat is.

> > >

> > > Anything in the 200s and 100s not much further than the 30 yard line(opposite end of stage) should be good seats. The 400s would be questionable imo and so would endzone tickets.

> >

> > So if the stage is setup to the "home" end zone you're saying not past the visitor 30 yd line right?

> Yes...But this is me...I think these work and the rest gets iffy.

> 2ba33glb2sz8.jpg

>

>

>

Perfect. Thank you!

> A little off topic, but has anyone went to a concert at U of Phoenix stadium? The purpose of the trip is to go see the Rolling Stones and I've yet to buy tickets because I don't know what a decent seat is.

Decent seat is very relative term these days. I saw them in 78 at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. The whole place held around 4000 .They sold the tickets under the name of the Cockroaches. Although there were rumors that it was the Stones not enough people acted quick enough and I was able to get 5 tickets for $100. Third row middle. Could have taken 3 steps and shook hands with any of them. That night I was certain that it was the Rolling Stones but I have seen other concerts at large venues that I thought it might be body doubles because they were so far away and the sound was so bad. Let us know how it goes for you. How much are the tickets selling for?

> @Enduro59 said:

> > A little off topic, but has anyone went to a concert at U of Phoenix stadium? The purpose of the trip is to go see the Rolling Stones and I've yet to buy tickets because I don't know what a decent seat is.

>

> Decent seat is very relative term these days. I saw them in 78 at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. The whole place held around 4000 .They sold the tickets under the name of the Cockroaches. Although there were rumors that it was the Stones not enough people acted quick enough and I was able to get 5 tickets for $100. Third row middle. Could have taken 3 steps and shook hands with any of them. That night I was certain that it was the Rolling Stones but I have seen other concerts at large venues that I thought it might be body doubles because they were so far away and the sound was so bad. Let us know how it goes for you. How much are the tickets selling for?

The sections above are going to cost over $300/ticket. We weren't even born in 78 and it's been the #1 on my wife's wishes to see them.