Traveling to Phoenix.....Some course info for you

One_Putt_Blunder

> @LJ2106 said:

> Booked Saguaro for 8/7. Playing TPC Stadium on 8/8. Should I reconsider playing Saguaro? Any word on the conditions at TPC? Landing at 8:30am and teeing off at 10:30am is the plan for the Saguaro round on 8/7.

TPC Scottsdale Stadium Course opened back up for play this morning. The course was closed (planned) for the entire month of July for maintenance. The course is in phenomenal shape. By far the best course conditions I have played in AZ since summer maintenance has started. Troon North Pinnacle's greens may get a slight bump ahead of TPC's but the course from tee to green was in awesome shape. No burnt out spots on the fairways, tee boxes and greens in great shape. Maintenance crews out working and sprinklers were out and being used. The only complaint I had was I had 3 embedded balls. Two were on the front of the green, one was on the fringe. They weren't soaked mud balls or anything, so I found it a bit odd.

I played the front 9 solo at 10:50am in an hour and 15 minutes. Played through one twosome. I caught up to a 2-some on the 13th hole and joined them in. I played in 3 hours 15 min. Customer service was awesome. Had a frozen mango towel delivered to our group on the back 9. Cart girl made multiple passes. Perfect day, surprised the course wasn't more packed. It was disgustingly humid on the front 9.

Pics:

9smvqu2qm67g.jpg

eu1m6uttlzz3.jpg

agx5ycrdd4rl.jpg

9rr5lcorpgoz.jpg

12wqr5w8bcim.jpg

> @az2au said:

> > @LJ2106 said:

> > Booked Saguaro for 8/7. Playing TPC Stadium on 8/8. Should I reconsider playing Saguaro? Any word on the conditions at TPC? Landing at 8:30am and teeing off at 10:30am is the plan for the Saguaro round on 8/7.

>

> Unless every single thing goes perfect or better than perfect there's a almost no chance of you landing at 8:30am and teeing off at We Ko Pa at 10:30am if you're renting a car. If you're taking an uber, no problem. Otherwise, my best guess is the following (and this is going perfectly). Land at 8:30am, at gate no later than 8:45am. 30-40 min wait for your bags., 10-15 min wait to get the bus to the rental car center, 10-15 min to get to the center, even if you're Preferred or whatever equivalent, another 5-7 to get your car and get out. So, now it is, no earlier than 9:25am. Assuming zero traffic and you drive like me, 35 min to pull up to the bag drop at We Ko Pa. So now, we're at 10:10am. Collect your crap, get inside and pay, another 5-10. I'd call absolute best case scenario of you being on the first tee by 10:25am with no time to warm up. If any single one of those things takes longer than you'll be late.

>

Agree with this. But the nice thing about this time of year is you don't really have to worry about tee times later in the morning on a weekday. If you feel more comfortable with a time, just book one at 11:30 or noon and show up early. I'm certain you can get out before your tee time and if not, spend a bit more time on the range.

That’s also true and in a couple of years the air train will go all the way to the rental car center as well. That alone should cut 20-30 min off of the process. I obviously don’t need to rent cars at Sky Harbor given that I live in Scottsdale but watching family, friends and people that work for me do it a bunch gives me a feel for how bad it can be. And, it can be much worse than what I’ve listed. That’s kinda normal or going well. I’ve seen huge lines waiting for the bus when leaving the airport a number of times and had countless people talk of waiting 30-40 minutes to even get a shuttle.

Booked Saguaro for 8/7. Should I reconsider? Landing at 8:30am and teeing off at 10:30am is the plan. Playing TPC Stadium on 8/8. > @TheShaun said:

> > @az2au said:

> > > @LJ2106 said:

> > > Booked Saguaro for 8/7. Playing TPC Stadium on 8/8. Should I reconsider playing Saguaro? Any word on the conditions at TPC? Landing at 8:30am and teeing off at 10:30am is the plan for the Saguaro round on 8/7.

> >

> > Unless every single thing goes perfect or better than perfect there's a almost no chance of you landing at 8:30am and teeing off at We Ko Pa at 10:30am if you're renting a car. If you're taking an uber, no problem. Otherwise, my best guess is the following (and this is going perfectly). Land at 8:30am, at gate no later than 8:45am. 30-40 min wait for your bags., 10-15 min wait to get the bus to the rental car center, 10-15 min to get to the center, even if you're Preferred or whatever equivalent, another 5-7 to get your car and get out. So, now it is, no earlier than 9:25am. Assuming zero traffic and you drive like me, 35 min to pull up to the bag drop at We Ko Pa. So now, we're at 10:10am. Collect your crap, get inside and pay, another 5-10. I'd call absolute best case scenario of you being on the first tee by 10:25am with no time to warm up. If any single one of those things takes longer than you'll be late.

> >

>

> Agree with this. But the nice thing about this time of year is you don't really have to worry about tee times later in the morning on a weekday. If you feel more comfortable with a time, just book one at 11:30 or noon and show up early. I'm certain you can get out before your tee time and if not, spend a bit more time on the range.

Thanks for the advice on getting through PHX. Relieved TPC is good shape. Decided to cancel to the round at Saguaro on 8/7 due to the recent maintenance. We're still deciding on where to play that day. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

> @LJ2106 said:

> Booked Saguaro for 8/7. Should I reconsider? Landing at 8:30am and teeing off at 10:30am is the plan. Playing TPC Stadium on 8/8. > @TheShaun said:

> > > @az2au said:

> > > > @LJ2106 said:

> > > > Booked Saguaro for 8/7. Playing TPC Stadium on 8/8. Should I reconsider playing Saguaro? Any word on the conditions at TPC? Landing at 8:30am and teeing off at 10:30am is the plan for the Saguaro round on 8/7.

> > >

> > > Unless every single thing goes perfect or better than perfect there's a almost no chance of you landing at 8:30am and teeing off at We Ko Pa at 10:30am if you're renting a car. If you're taking an uber, no problem. Otherwise, my best guess is the following (and this is going perfectly). Land at 8:30am, at gate no later than 8:45am. 30-40 min wait for your bags., 10-15 min wait to get the bus to the rental car center, 10-15 min to get to the center, even if you're Preferred or whatever equivalent, another 5-7 to get your car and get out. So, now it is, no earlier than 9:25am. Assuming zero traffic and you drive like me, 35 min to pull up to the bag drop at We Ko Pa. So now, we're at 10:10am. Collect your crap, get inside and pay, another 5-10. I'd call absolute best case scenario of you being on the first tee by 10:25am with no time to warm up. If any single one of those things takes longer than you'll be late.

> > >

> >

> > Agree with this. But the nice thing about this time of year is you don't really have to worry about tee times later in the morning on a weekday. If you feel more comfortable with a time, just book one at 11:30 or noon and show up early. I'm certain you can get out before your tee time and if not, spend a bit more time on the range.

>

> Thanks for the advice on getting through PHX. Relieved TPC is good shape. Decided to cancel to the round at Saguaro on 8/7 due to the recent maintenance. We're still deciding on where to play that day. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Re book saguaro. One of the reasons they close and many others don't is they let the course heal while closed. Course should be in pretty pure shape nearly a month after maintenance began. Even if it's not 100% it's still a better play then pretty much everything else

• Like 1

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

nq9cceeeelyd.png

> @One_Putt_Blunder said:

> > @LJ2106 said:

> > Booked Saguaro for 8/7. Should I reconsider? Landing at 8:30am and teeing off at 10:30am is the plan. Playing TPC Stadium on 8/8. > @TheShaun said:

> > > > @az2au said:

> > > > > @LJ2106 said:

> > > > > Booked Saguaro for 8/7. Playing TPC Stadium on 8/8. Should I reconsider playing Saguaro? Any word on the conditions at TPC? Landing at 8:30am and teeing off at 10:30am is the plan for the Saguaro round on 8/7.

> > > >

> > > > Unless every single thing goes perfect or better than perfect there's a almost no chance of you landing at 8:30am and teeing off at We Ko Pa at 10:30am if you're renting a car. If you're taking an uber, no problem. Otherwise, my best guess is the following (and this is going perfectly). Land at 8:30am, at gate no later than 8:45am. 30-40 min wait for your bags., 10-15 min wait to get the bus to the rental car center, 10-15 min to get to the center, even if you're Preferred or whatever equivalent, another 5-7 to get your car and get out. So, now it is, no earlier than 9:25am. Assuming zero traffic and you drive like me, 35 min to pull up to the bag drop at We Ko Pa. So now, we're at 10:10am. Collect your crap, get inside and pay, another 5-10. I'd call absolute best case scenario of you being on the first tee by 10:25am with no time to warm up. If any single one of those things takes longer than you'll be late.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Agree with this. But the nice thing about this time of year is you don't really have to worry about tee times later in the morning on a weekday. If you feel more comfortable with a time, just book one at 11:30 or noon and show up early. I'm certain you can get out before your tee time and if not, spend a bit more time on the range.

> >

> > Thanks for the advice on getting through PHX. Relieved TPC is good shape. Decided to cancel to the round at Saguaro on 8/7 due to the recent maintenance. We're still deciding on where to play that day. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

>

> Re book saguaro. One of the reasons they close and many others don't is they let the course heal while closed. Course should be in pretty pure shape nearly a month after maintenance began. Even if it's not 100% it's still a better play then pretty much everything else

...and unlike Cholla, Saguaro was in pretty good shape before closing. Has anyone reported bad conditions there? No reason it shouldn't be in decent shape, and as far as timing goes, just get a later tee time.

• Like 1

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red Senior
TM Sim Max 3 Ventus Red Senior 
Cobra F9 17* Rescue Atmos Regular
TM Sim Max 19*, 25*, 28* Rescue Ventus Blue Senior 
Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos Regular
Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag
Titleist Velocity or Callaway Softfeel

Papago was rough today.... like really rough. They have cut out sod from areas around numerous greens, and have only replaced some of it. Lots of burn out, greens still very bumpy from aeration and course was shaggy overall. Ground under repair on almost every hole. I’m not sure when it will get better, but it might be a while. Unfortunate because course used to be great in the summer.

Southern Dunes was fantastic this morning.

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

> @Justmuckit said:

> > @Rohlio said:

> > Southern Dunes was fantastic this morning.

>

> Get it while you can, apparently they are punching in 7-10 days.

Small tines on a Monday it will be fine by the weekend.

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

I will echo everything that was said about TPC Stadium. Played it on Friday and conditions were excellent. Maybe the greens could have been just a hair smoother and faster but they were very good imo.

WeKoPa Saguaro on Saturday. Lots of brown patches with no grass on the fairways and some on the greens. If you don't mind moving your ball out of those spots it's definitely playable, but if you want to play the ball down your going to have a lot of non-ideal lies and you will be putting through some craters. Greens were rolling a little slow but fairly smooth in the areas that did have grass. I don't know how quickly greens and fairways heal out here, but if you want good conditions I'd give it a couple of weeks at least.

• Like 1

> @mvoss said:

> I will echo everything that was said about TPC Stadium. Played it on Friday and conditions were excellent. Maybe the greens could have been just a hair smoother and faster but they were very good imo.

>

> WeKoPa Saguaro on Saturday. Lots of brown patches with no grass on the fairways and some on the greens. If you don't mind moving your ball out of those spots it's definitely playable, but if you want to play the ball down your going to have a lot of non-ideal lies and you will be putting through some craters. Greens were rolling a little slow but fairly smooth in the areas that did have grass. I don't know how quickly greens and fairways heal out here, but if you want good conditions I'd give it a couple of weeks at least.

Saguaro just re-opened on Thursday after being closed for two weeks. How are they in such rough shape? That's disappointing to hear.

Really wanted to play that course when I'm out there later this month, but this has me second guessing.

Hey guys. Best spot to play Sept 8-10? Staying in Old Town. Don’t mind driving a bit. Also want to know what to avoid due to course conditions, etc.

PING G430 10k 9* Project X HZRDUS Hulk
PING G425 14.5* Tensei Orange 
PING G425 17* Tensei Orange
Titleist TSR Hybrids HZRDUS Silver 
PING i210 Irons Project X LZ
Edel Wedges S400 / TaylorMade MyMG4 Wedges S400
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Robert Mark Headcovers
Jordan Golf Shoes
PING Hoofer

> @TheShaun said:

> Is Legend Trail worth playing as a visitor? $39 and I have never played it before.

After discovering it back in June, I've played it probably 6-7 times and will be playing it this weekend. I like it that much. It's in great condition IMO except for a few thin bunkers (they did add sand a couple weeks ago) and it's a great value for that $39 "last minute special" rate if you book inside of a week. I find that for the way I hit the ball (generally straight and not long) , that the layout gives me a lot of variety in the challenge and the shots I have to hit compared to a lot of other courses.

> @El_Nino_AZ said:

> > @TheShaun said:

> > Is Legend Trail worth playing as a visitor? $39 and I have never played it before.

>

> It has some fun holes on the back 9. Some tight windows to navigate off the tee box from the tips. Greens were shaggy two weekends ago.

> @Bonneville85308 said:

> > @TheShaun said:

> > Is Legend Trail worth playing as a visitor? $39 and I have never played it before.

>

> After discovering it back in June, I've played it probably 6-7 times and will be playing it this weekend. I like it that much. It's in great condition IMO except for a few thin bunkers (they did add sand a couple weeks ago) and it's a great value for that $39 "last minute special" rate if you book inside of a week. I find that for the way I hit the ball (generally straight and not long) , that the layout gives me a lot of variety in the challenge and the shots I have to hit compared to a lot of other courses.

So it’s a tight course? This ought to be fun. I cant keep the ball in front of me off the tee these days.

> @TheShaun said:

> > @El_Nino_AZ said:

> > > @TheShaun said:

> > > Is Legend Trail worth playing as a visitor? $39 and I have never played it before.

> >

> > It has some fun holes on the back 9. Some tight windows to navigate off the tee box from the tips. Greens were shaggy two weekends ago.

>

> > @Bonneville85308 said:

> > > @TheShaun said:

> > > Is Legend Trail worth playing as a visitor? $39 and I have never played it before.

> >

> > After discovering it back in June, I've played it probably 6-7 times and will be playing it this weekend. I like it that much. It's in great condition IMO except for a few thin bunkers (they did add sand a couple weeks ago) and it's a great value for that $39 "last minute special" rate if you book inside of a week. I find that for the way I hit the ball (generally straight and not long) , that the layout gives me a lot of variety in the challenge and the shots I have to hit compared to a lot of other courses.

>

> So it’s a tight course? This ought to be fun. I cant keep the ball in front of me off the tee these days.

It is not a tight course - just off the tee it appears so. The fairways are runways.

> @TheShaun said:

> So it’s a tight course? This ought to be fun. I cant keep the ball in front of me off the tee these days.

I wouldn't call it tight, but like many desert courses, your ball will be in the desert/junk if you land more than 20-25' feet beyond the edge of the fairway, or if you completely top it off the tee . The fairways are actually fairly wide IMO.

I've been paired with some guys who were "long and wrong" off the tee, particularly on the back nine and lost numerous balls on those holes. There are some par 4 or 5 holes where I imagine a long hitter needs to put some thought into club selection off the tee, etc. GPS watch or app with distances to the end of fairway/desert/junk might be handy if you've never played it.

> @BUCKEYERBALL88 said:

> Garcia-We ko pa saguaro

Booking this for August 26th. You don't start overseeding there till September right?

I wanted to be close to Old Town, but Phoenician is $255/night and I can get Talking Stick for $105 + wife is pregnant and not drinking so she can drive to Old Town to hang out if we want to. Am I screwing up booking Talking Stick or the Hyatt at Gainey Ranch?

In search of solid contact...

> @"Lefty Light HItter" said:

> > @BUCKEYERBALL88 said:

> > Garcia-We ko pa saguaro

>

> Booking this for August 26th. You don't start overseeding there till September right?

>

> I wanted to be close to Old Town, but Phoenician is $255/night and I can get Talking Stick for $105 + wife is pregnant and not drinking so she can drive to Old Town to hang out if we want to. Am I **** up booking Talking Stick or the Hyatt at Gainey Ranch?

Nope. TS has a shuttle anyways that goes to town. Plus Lyft is only a few bucks.

>

> Booking this for August 26th. You don't start overseeding there till September right?

>

> I wanted to be close to Old Town, but Phoenician is $255/night and I can get Talking Stick for $105 + wife is pregnant and not drinking so she can drive to Old Town to hang out if we want to. Am I **** up booking Talking Stick or the Hyatt at Gainey Ranch?

Phoenician is worth the $$ for the resort and setting, but you would want to golf elsewhere.

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red Senior
TM Sim Max 3 Ventus Red Senior 
Cobra F9 17* Rescue Atmos Regular
TM Sim Max 19*, 25*, 28* Rescue Ventus Blue Senior 
Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos Regular
Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag
Titleist Velocity or Callaway Softfeel

>

>

I have two rounds booked there for the 25th. I hope that the conditions improve, someone earlier or in the conditions thread made it sound pretty rough.

Hi guys. Im travelling from the UK again to scottsdale in september and this will be our third year in a row. I have had the pleasure of playing so many great courses and its really hard to choose a best. Each year we try and play differrent courses. So far i have played

Verrado - Victory

Verrado - Founders

Troon North

Grayhawk

Copper Canyon

Desert canyon

verde river

wickenburg ranch

Wekopa - both

tonto verde

gold canyon - dinosaur mountain

fire rock

raven

legacy

ambiente

boulders

souther dunes

quintero

whirlwind - devils claw

Estrella

This year i have booked the following is there any i should take out and any you can recommend and i need 3 more courses

Verrado - Victory

Talking stick - Piipaash

Corte Bella

Poston Butte

Verde River

Camel back (padre)

Estrella

Longbow

Wildfire

> @Devastata said:

> Hi guys. Im travelling from the UK again to scottsdale in september and this will be our third year in a row. I have had the pleasure of playing so many great courses and its really hard to choose a best. Each year we try and play differrent courses. So far i have played

I didn't see TPC Scottsdale-Champions course, Legend Trail, or Los Caballeros on your list. Consider giving those a try for something new if you need three more.