2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Adams Tech a4 9015d driver....uhhh, ballspeed!!!!

dlefty

Ok guys sorry for being stupid!!! :( But I need a little help here. Ok here we go I am a little confused here. So if I understand correctly the Adams Golf Insight XTD Pro Driver which they blew out with the graphite design ysq shaft for like 199.00 is the SAME driver as the current a4tech they have in stores for 399? The reason I ask is I can get the XTD pro driver for 129.99 or the A4 tech for 299.99 I have a whiteboard I will be putting in either one I get. Are they the same head but different grpahics? My swing speed is @110mph and I am a 9hdcp. Also which one is the 9015d 9016d etc.... And how come none of the retail ones you find in Stores have the the 9015/9016 number on them they just say A4tech or XTDpro. PLEASE HELP WHAT THE HECK IS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 totally different drivers. The xtd pro is squarish and the 9015d is pear shaped. The xtd pro is a good driver for the <$100 they are worth now...used the 9015d's can be had around $200.

stealth 2 plus, 10.5 Titleist 6x tr blue

Cobra 4 iron 
G425 5 and 7 woods red ventus 90x

Tsi2 3 wood RDX black x

PXG 0311xp 5-gw, 0211 G,SW,LW  Wilson ci11 w/ ctaper 130x

Titleist sm9 s400 56,60
2ball blade
Titleist v1x

(Just had a shoulder replaced and I am buying clubs for my fantasy bag).

is the 73 diamana shorter shaft length?

stealth 2 plus, 10.5 Titleist 6x tr blue

Cobra 4 iron 
G425 5 and 7 woods red ventus 90x

Tsi2 3 wood RDX black x

PXG 0311xp 5-gw, 0211 G,SW,LW  Wilson ci11 w/ ctaper 130x

Titleist sm9 s400 56,60
2ball blade
Titleist v1x

(Just had a shoulder replaced and I am buying clubs for my fantasy bag).

2 totally different drivers. The xtd pro is squarish and the 9015d is pear shaped. The xtd pro is a good driver for the <$100 they are worth now...used the 9015d's can be had around $200.

So the 9015d is the A4tech you can find at retail stores? Also this is the one everyone is raving about correct. And for one last question I currently have and Ft-5 how would the A4/9015d compare?

You guys absolutely have to pick up a Harrison Saga for this head. I thought the Rombax 8Z08 was the be all, end all for me. Put the Saga 70X in just to give it a go, and it's now here to stay. This is the smoothest feeling shaft I have ever played given how tight the dispersion is. Mid launch, LOW spin. I would throw it up against the premium $300+ shafts in terms of feel and performance, and it goes for less than $60 new.

I really can't recommend this shaft highly enough....definitely the biggest sleeper I have ever run across. I would honestly compare this shaft to the Ozik TPHD Gold...it's that good.

Ditto...I'm lovin' the combo as well. I have the 70g version in stiff flex, tipped 1/2" and it's perfect.

I've tried many shafts in this head and even though in most drivers low lauch/low spin shafts have always been the best fit for me, with this club I go with mid launch. The 9015D head is so low spin, that you can afford to throw it way up in the air and it will have very impressive hang-time and still roll-out. IT'S a BEAST.

P.S. Beavs17...love the Afro Ninja avatar, I think I saw that on eBaum's about 3 yrs. ago, still great

TM Qi10 LS 8.25°, Ventus Black 6X, tipped 1”, 44.75” 

TM BRNR Mini Driver at 12° (HWF), HZRDUS Black RDX 70 TX, tipped 1", 43.75"

TM Stealth+ 5w at 18.25°, HZRDUS Black RDX 80 6.5, tipped 1”, 42.5”

2023 TM P7MB (4-PW), PX 6.0, +1/4”

Vokey SM10 50.08(F), 54.12(D), 60.08(M), PX 6.0, +1/4"

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2, 360g, 35"

So the 9015d is the A4tech you can find at retail stores? Also this is the one everyone is raving about correct. And for one last question I currently have and Ft-5 how would the A4/9015d compare?

Yes, the 9015 and the A4 are the same club. It should have both numbers on the bottom of the club. "INSIGHT TECH" in big letters and "9015 PROTOTYPE" will be smaller.

I have no idea how the two will compare but I'd venture to guess that it'll be just as good as what you have now, if not better. Try it.

WITB
Sim 9° Diamana Limited 
TM M3 15°
Adams Idea Pro 22°
Hogan Icons 4-P
Titleist SM8 50° 54° 60°
Callaway MD4 64°
Ping Sigma Darby

I've been holding out for the R9 ever since news of it surfaced, but now, I may have to go test the Adams 9015d out. Decisions, decisions... :D

I'm going through the same exact thing! I was waiting for the R9 until I spotted a 9015d at my local golf retail store. I may have to pull the trigger. I also was thinking of trying a saga in the next driver I purchased and bingo everyone is raving about this combo. It must be a sign!!!!!!!!

I was waiting for the r9 to,but I got to hit it a little and was not very impressed, a4 tech and s9 pro were better feeling and longer. And did I say they were LONG.

I hit the R9 TP w/ the Fuji Motore, '09 Burner TP, and new S9 Pro side-by-side yesterday at a demo day next to my 9015D's (I have one w/ Accra SC75 and one w/ SAGA 70) and my 9015D's killed everything. I compared them to the G10, Rapture V2, Titleist D3, D2, DCOMP, Nike's...nothing touched the Adams...except my HiBore XL which has always been pretty close.

IMO...the '09 Burner TP had a more solid feel than the R9 TP. I was hitting that a lot better than the R9 TP, but I also just like long and straight, I rarely try to work the ball with a driver so the '09 Burner TP would fit me better. TM's got some Good stuff, but I feel the Adams is more forgiving than the R9 and even the TaylorMade guys admitted I was hitting my 9015D longer.

...on another note, my Dad hit the '09 Burner irons and picked up 10-12 yds. over his Mizuno MX-25

quick question...

the adams people (via email) told me they can put a 70g version of the stock shaft in at no upcharge...but it is the fairway wood shaft. the specs show it to be a little more tipstiff & a little lower torque (which is fine with me). the question i have is whether a fairway shaft put in a driver play any differently? i would think a shaft is a shaft...but have no real clue & wanted to find out. they said they can make the 70g shaft play to whatever length you desire in the driver.

thanks in advance.

It shouldn't make a difference. Typically fairway wood shafts are heavier. I need the stiffer tip and lower torque, so that is why I am doing the 70g shaft. But, I am not sure what flex to go with.

i'm in the same boat. i definately want the 70g shaft, but not sure which flex. my SS is 110 (higher if i try to get on it) & i'm not sure if i need the stiff or X.

If me experience with the A4 Tech fwy-hybrid is any indication, you would want the X flex. I'm the same swing speed and it definitely was NOT stiff enough for me. The 70 gram felt largely the same as the 60 gram to me. I think it would launch a little lower in the driver.

just got mine cant wait ti try it out heres some pics

What is the highest 9016d loft you can get? That 8.5 is the first one that ive seen besides the normal 6.5 and 7.5's. This driver will be going on the bag soon, hopefully i can make the trip up to the Plano HQ soon.

TM SIM Max 9* Tensei Orange CK Pro TX
TM R15 15* Tensei Blue Raw AV 77

Titleist TS2 18* Tensei Pro 1K 70
TM  P7MC 4-W KBS $ Taper
TM MG 54* & 58* S400
TP Mills Sycamore 

What is the highest 9016d loft you can get? That 8.5 is the first one that ive seen besides the normal 6.5 and 7.5's. This driver will be going on the bag soon, hopefully i can make the trip up to the Plano HQ soon.

in the 9016d its a 8.5 go to http://www.sellingerspowergolf.com/ this is the place where i got mine

The 9.5 does exist in the 9016D but you may have to beg, pay extra, or BOTH

I also picked up a 9016D from Sellingers who are great to deal with (I requested an 8.5 degree head in a slightly heavier weight so it can be played at 44.5" and 1 to 2 degrees open which is exactly what I got).

Took it for a quick run out last night shafted with an Accra 65 and it's really, really nice. Very deep face and nice profile from above. Great feel, mid-high launch and importantly no loss of distance from the slightly shorter playing length.

If you would prefer to spec out a driver head (either the 9016 or 9015) for loft, face angle and weight rather than pick one you like off the rack, then I would heartily recommend Sellingers Golf.

Just got my 9016D 8.5* (handpicked 9*) 202gms.

I don't know what shaft to put in it yet but I'm thinking a stiffer flexed (than what I am used to) lighter shaft!

I'm used to a heavy driver shaft but just in a stiff flex....usually if I go "just" stiff flex in a lighter shaft my arms tend to over power the shaft (i know indian not arrow) but stiff in a heavier shaft calms down my swing a bit.

I just recently discovered that a lighter shaft in a "stiffer flex" can also contain my swing and giving me better results because of the increase swing speed, I guess its harder to overpower a stiffer flexed shaft?

(anyone experience this too?)

I'm excited to see what happens!

I hope the 9016D works better for me than the 9015D

Sellingers carried a very limited run of both 9.5 and 10.5 lofts on the 9016, but those are probably incredibly difficult to find now.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear...thanks for the info. The quest is on!

TM SIM Max 9* Tensei Orange CK Pro TX
TM R15 15* Tensei Blue Raw AV 77

Titleist TS2 18* Tensei Pro 1K 70
TM  P7MC 4-W KBS $ Taper
TM MG 54* & 58* S400
TP Mills Sycamore 

I don't know what shaft to put in it yet but I'm thinking a stiffer flexed (than what I am used to) lighter shaft!

I'm used to a heavy driver shaft but just in a stiff flex....usually if I go "just" stiff flex in a lighter shaft my arms tend to over power the shaft (i know indian not arrow) but stiff in a heavier shaft calms down my swing a bit.

I just recently discovered that a lighter shaft in a "stiffer flex" can also contain my swing and giving me better results because of the increase swing speed, I guess its harder to overpower a stiffer flexed shaft?

Where did you order yours from? I too have had this experience with heavier stiff flex shafts. I seem to overswing when using the lighter weight shafts

Where did you order yours from? I too have had this experience with heavier stiff flex shafts. I seem to overswing when using the lighter weight shafts

I got it from sellingers also. it has the long drivers of america logo on it.

have you tried stiffer lighter shafts? like in x flex? if not, try it, I think you will be surprised with the result.

This club is a monster... flat out monster.

Got my a4 9015D LDA 10.5 shafted with a Graman UL-780 Limey Shaft (stiff, tipped 1/4").

Hitting the best drives I can remember since owning a 975D with a 1.8 Harrison in it (many moons ago with a much more flexible / stronger back).

I may have finally found the driver that will stay in the bag for a long time to come.

Qi10 

HiBore 2w “Unicorn

G430 3w

i230 4-UW

Vokey SM9 54, 60

DF3

I'm pretty excited about it getting warmer and getting a chance to really hit these things. I have a 9015d LDA with a Rombax Z series in 10.5 and I played 9 holes with it and already bought another 9015d 9.5 w/RT Tech Zeus off the BST. Who's gonna win???

The 10.5 hit a great traj but playing in SW Missouri I'd rather hit it more flat than the high flat launch I got out of this and hit more up on a lower launching driver when i need to throw it up in the air.

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

I generally hit the ball very high with all of my clubs. My previous driver (for 3 seasons) was a 9* original Rapture with a 757 tour stiff shaft and I hit it very well, but very high. The 9015 9.5* with Whiteboard 73 has really lowered and flattened out my ball flight. The great thing is that my carry distances don't seem to be suffering and are clearly longer into the wind. It is amazing how much this club/shaft combo has changed my ball flight. I can't wait for warm weather and good course conditions where the ball will actually roll to see what type of distances I'm getting on my home course. I played this weekend and shot 73 and 75 (in 40 degree temps) which is very good for my 6 handicap. This driver gets a lot of the credit as it is putting me in some nice places and giving me a ton of confidence. Great stick with the right shaft!!

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Well had to do it, however I didn't get what I wanted but...... It was enough! I waited 1 month to receive my 9015d 9.5 D4 70 gram X, when it showed up it was 8.5 60 S D2-3! Adams said they would make it right. So I needed the RA# to return the club, my choices, fax or US mail to receive the label! No email!! Anyway Adams said they were out of 8.5 heads until May, so they'll have to reshaft this one. I wanted a 9.5 originally, but I decided to give the 8.5 a try since it is an out of stock item! I took it to the range last Sunday even with the head plastic in place and that incredibly skinny grip and softy shaft, soft I mean it , it matched my gamer, J33r 460 8.5 757 S tipped 3/4" and then some. Well the juice was in and my ho head was high after a hamburger and a beer I sat down to the keyboard and on this coming Thursday #2 handpicked 9.5 203 grams head will arrive. Now the choices, HOF Ultra, Harrison Saga, 757, or WB. What a head even if they screwed up the order, but not really..