2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Adams Tech a4 9015d driver....uhhh, ballspeed!!!!

dlefty

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up a Harrison Saga to try in the 9015D...I've heard great things about this shaft, no brainer for less than $60.

Has anyone tried this head/shaft combo?

I have this combo and it plays very well for me. Probably one of the longer shafts I've played distance wise and the dispersion is good enough. I have it with a 9.5* 9015D head, Saga 75, stiff flex, tipped 1/2", my ss avg. 107. It's a great combo for me. The shaft plays slightly weak to flex, which is true for most Harrison shafts from my experience, so you may consider tipping it.

TM Qi10 LS 8.25°, Ventus Black 6X, tipped 1”, 44.75” 

TM BRNR Mini Driver at 12° (HWF), HZRDUS Black RDX 70 TX, tipped 1", 43.75"

TM Stealth+ 5w at 18.25°, HZRDUS Black RDX 80 6.5, tipped 1”, 42.5”

2023 Titleist T100 (4-GW), PX 6.0, +1/4”

Vokey SM10 54.12(D), 60.08(M), PX 6.0, +1/4"

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2, 360g, 35"

My LDA Proto has a .335 shaft in it but not sure if it is a .335 or .350 hosel shaft could be shimmed. Hopefully this bump will get an answer as to hosel size.

Cally 9.5 Xhot Fuel TS 60 tipped
RBZ Stage 2 Tour 16.5* HL Attas 7S
909H 17*, 21* &24* V Steel
5-GW Cobra Pro M/B 950g/h
Cleveland 588 Tour Zip Grooves 54*
34" C&L 355g Beached
WITB Link

I am definetly going to try this out when I am in DC. 9015D vs Speedline, which will win? :)

PXG BO Tour-1 10.5° - Ventus Blue Velocore -or-

TaylorMade BRNR Mini 11.5°- Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 15° - Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 18° - Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 22° - Tensei AV Raw White
PXG BLE 0317T - 5-PW - Project X
Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack - PX - 50°

Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack - PX - 54°
LAB DF3 - Accra Black -or-

LAB Link.1 - Accra Black

I was able to pick up a used a4 9015d on the cheap at my local golf shop. I did so knowing that I have to switch out the shaft because it's a regular flex (stock) and I'm a lot closer to a stiff flex player, especially if what I hear is true and these shafts play a little soft. Any recommendations for a smooth swinger (transition with a pause), drive it about 240-250, like a low/low-mid launch and hopefully a great shaft under (or just slightly over) $100 that would work with this head?

I was able to pick up a used a4 9015d on the cheap at my local golf shop. I did so knowing that I have to switch out the shaft because it's a regular flex (stock) and I'm a lot closer to a stiff flex player, especially if what I hear is true and these shafts play a little soft. Any recommendations for a smooth swinger (transition with a pause), drive it about 240-250, like a low/low-mid launch and hopefully a great shaft under (or just slightly over) $100 that would work with this head?

The stock Matrix shaft is worth a try first to see if it suits you. If not, you might be able to find a high end "pull" in the for sale forums here in your price range. Something like a Diamana Blueboard might work well for you.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

The stock Matrix shaft is worth a try first to see if it suits you. If not, you might be able to find a high end "pull" in the for sale forums here in your price range. Something like a Diamana Blueboard might work well for you.

I'd definitely try the stock shaft first, but I believe they come stock at 45.5"..correct? I'd tip it 1/2"-1" (depending on what length you like to play at) and firm it up a bit. If that doesn't work you can always pick up a nice pull.

Everyone says what a low spin head this is but golf digest rates it about mid if I remember correctly.

I don't put much into the club ratings but I was hoping to use the spin and launch ratings that are independently done with a robot.

I was going to ask the same thing. They had the spin rating at almost the middle setting or 6 circles in from the low spin side on the left I believe. While the Mizuno MX700 was only in the third circle from the low side. I'd say that'd be a big difference.

And I believe they used the Trackman to actually measure the spin. I also don't go much by that issue, but with the Trackman technology, you'd think it would be fairly accurate.

Spin depends on SO many factors, a lot of them swing related.

Golf Digest used actual players to test the drivers out....with each of them bringing the flaws to go along with it.

So I wouldn't put too much stock into their findings....

Their measurements of face height, length etc, sure....but results not a chance.

If I remember correctly they also rated the 909 D3 to be more forgiving than the Rapture V2 and just as forgiving as the L5V/Diablo???

Callaway GBB Epic 9* w/ Ahina 70x
Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Ahina 80x

Srixon Z U85 18* Driving Iron w/ Ahina 80x
Callaway XHot Pro Hybrid w/ Ahina 80x
Mizuno MP60 3-PW w/ DG X100
Odyssey Black Series i #2
Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 60*, Vokey 64*

I'll echo the sentiments of everyone else in saying that this is one great driver. I picked up 10 MPH of ballspeed and 7-10 MPH of clubhead speed while lowering my spinrate by almost 700 RPM's. Not sure about the stock shaft though. I'm losing shots left alot more than I normally do.

WITB
Sim 9° Diamana Limited 
TM M3 15°
Adams Idea Pro 22°
Hogan Icons 4-P
Titleist SM8 50° 54° 60°
Callaway MD4 64°
Ping Sigma Darby

I've always heard that the UST V2 shaft is great. I will be buying the same combo soon hopefully.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

I'll echo the sentiments of everyone else in saying that this is one great driver. I picked up 10 MPH of ballspeed and 7-10 MPH of clubhead speed while lowering my spinrate by almost 700 RPM's. Not sure about the stock shaft though. I'm losing shots left alot more than I normally do.

Well i hope if you gained 10 mph SS that you gained more than 10 mph ball speed. That'd be 1:1 and a horrible smash. I don't know if I believe that, maybe the ball speed with a hotter face or something, but the club can't be so much more aerodynamic that you gain 10 mph swing speed. You maybe had a cut down shaft before or something.

Well i hope if you gained 10 mph SS that you gained more than 10 mph ball speed. That'd be 1:1 and a horrible smash. I don't know if I believe that, maybe the ball speed with a hotter face or something, but the club can't be so much more aerodynamic that you gain 10 mph swing speed. You maybe had a cut down shaft before or something.

Hey, I'm not offended that you don't believe me. I would be a skeptic as well if I only had numbers to look at. And, truth be told, I was looking at the numbers and still didn't want to believe them. But, what I did believe was the results that I saw for my own eyes on my trip to Tampa this past weekend. I played 4 times and hit the ball further than I've ever hit it in my life. The club, and the numbers, are real.

WITB
Sim 9° Diamana Limited 
TM M3 15°
Adams Idea Pro 22°
Hogan Icons 4-P
Titleist SM8 50° 54° 60°
Callaway MD4 64°
Ping Sigma Darby

Hey, I'm not offended that you don't believe me. I would be a skeptic as well if I only had numbers to look at. And, truth be told, I was looking at the numbers and still didn't want to believe them. But, what I did believe was the results that I saw for my own eyes on my trip to Tampa this past weekend. I played 4 times and hit the ball further than I've ever hit it in my life. The club, and the numbers, are real.

hah stop, your making me want to buy this club right now. Sounds a bit better than my 907d2.

It can't hurt to give it a ride. I was "this close" to buying the D3 and all that saved me was trying both the D3 and the A4 with new ProV1X's, instead of the beat up balls they had lying around. Coming from the L4V and the numbers that it gave me, and switching to the A4 with the new numbers is going to be a game changer. I would strongly suggest giving this club a look. It's THAT good.

WITB
Sim 9° Diamana Limited 
TM M3 15°
Adams Idea Pro 22°
Hogan Icons 4-P
Titleist SM8 50° 54° 60°
Callaway MD4 64°
Ping Sigma Darby

Why?why?why Did you start this thread? Now I gotta try another driver, and the wife doesn't understand as I just bought new irons and hybrid. Now I gotta explain another box arriving at the house. Thanks alot

I quit trying to explain a long time ago. She told the UPS man this morning that I drive her nutzoid.

Cally 9.5 Xhot Fuel TS 60 tipped
RBZ Stage 2 Tour 16.5* HL Attas 7S
909H 17*, 21* &24* V Steel
5-GW Cobra Pro M/B 950g/h
Cleveland 588 Tour Zip Grooves 54*
34" C&L 355g Beached
WITB Link

I was talking to the Adams rep while i was ordering my new clubs for the coming season and he explained how its clubhead speed was gaining.

I guess they did testing of all 460 drivers and found that but shortening it up a bit and make the face a little deeper they got insane results. So 460 drivers that tend to be longer would reach a point near the bottoming out of the swing where they would actually work against themselves and cause the clubhead speed to slow down.

Adams R&D Dept = Unreal!

Has anyone tried the Voodoo shaft with this club?

Yes, XPP6 VooDoo in the one I use. I've been carrying 2 drivers lately.

How would you compare it to the WB you have in your Titleist? As far as launch and trajectory goes.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

I was talking to the Adams rep while i was ordering my new clubs for the coming season and he explained how its clubhead speed was gaining.

I guess they did testing of all 460 drivers and found that but shortening it up a bit and make the face a little deeper they got insane results. So 460 drivers that tend to be longer would reach a point near the bottoming out of the swing where they would actually work against themselves and cause the clubhead speed to slow down.

Adams R&D Dept = Unreal!

When you say "shortening" you mean front to back and not heel to toe, right?

Remember this is a driver for the better golfer. It is not super forgiving.

It is the best on the market right now I feel though.

Do you think this thread will surpass the Cobra LV4 thread with hundereds of hits?

It should as this Adams 9015 Prototype is such a better driver. Just the sound alone would make me switch.

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X