Nike sq 5000 10.5 r

Callaway xhot 3 wood

Callaway xhot hybrid

Wilson d100 4-gw

Nike sv tour 56 wedge

Macgregor don white design 60 wedge

Odyssey crimson putter

Greg Norman shark cart bag

Hey folks, let's keep this thread going!

The Greg Norman Shark bag got me. As in I'm instantly thrown back to a time when all the old guys were wearing the Greg Norman Shark wicker hats and hitting wooden gintys out of the rough. Is that you Brentwalker? Not exactly, But who ever got you started in this game fit the bill for sure. They gave you an old Odyssey and even a couple Nike clubs to try. All the old timers have extra Odyssey and Nike clubs in the garage. Too good to get rid of, not good enough to actually be playing! LOL. You were on your own for irons and fairways. Those are the clubs that give it away. You're mid 40s. Only picked up the game seriously five years ago, but you've been around it you whole life. Your work buddies got you interested in golf league, you got the bug, then finally appreciated all the Shark gear the old man used to wear. You don't actually like the LW or the urethane balls the better players use, but they say those things are what works, so you keep trying. Just like that weight transfer. Why is this so hard? Who says golf can't be played off the back foot? Hah! OK, this is not examine one's swing from their golf bag, I kind of jumped the shark there. Keep having fun BW, and who cares that you like the Pinnacle Soft more than the Titleist ProV1x...

What's your guys judgement of me based on my bag setup in my signature?

Titleist Ts4 9.5* Accra TZ6 M5
Ping G400 5w Motore Speeder VC 7.3x
Mizuno HMB 3 Nippon 120x

Mizuno MP20 4-P Nippon 120x
Cleveland Zipcore 52, 56 Ti S400

Cleveland Rtx 4 60-03 Ti S400
Ping Heppler ZB3
ProV1

Hell I'll play

Nike sq 5000 10.5 r

Callaway xhot 3 wood

Callaway xhot hybrid

Wilson d100 4-gw

Nike sv tour 56 wedge

Macgregor don white design 60 wedge

Odyssey crimson putter

Greg Norman shark cart bag

Hey folks, let's keep this thread going!

The Greg Norman Shark bag got me. As in I'm instantly thrown back to a time when all the old guys were wearing the Greg Norman Shark wicker hats and hitting wooden gintys out of the rough. Is that you Brentwalker? Not exactly, But who ever got you started in this game fit the bill for sure. They gave you an old Odyssey and even a couple Nike clubs to try. All the old timers have extra Odyssey and Nike clubs in the garage. Too good to get rid of, not good enough to actually be playing! LOL. You were on your own for irons and fairways. Those are the clubs that give it away. You're mid 40s. Only picked up the game seriously five years ago, but you've been around it you whole life. Your work buddies got you interested in golf league, you got the bug, then finally appreciated all the Shark gear the old man used to wear. You don't actually like the LW or the urethane balls the better players use, but they say those things are what works, so you keep trying. Just like that weight transfer. Why is this so hard? Who says golf can't be played off the back foot? Hah! OK, this is not examine one's swing from their golf bag, I kind of jumped the shark there. Keep having fun BW, and who cares that you like the Pinnacle Soft more than the Titleist ProV1x...

??? that’s awesome and pretty close to spot on except I’m left handed so I’ve just kinda had to pick up clubs here and there no one to give them to me ..... except the putter came from a student at the school I work at no clue where he got it? but nailed the age thing and how long I’ve been playing and thanks to a recommendation by the head pro I freaking love the pinnacle soft golf ball!!!

New bag, what’s WRX’s judgment?

Cobra F8+ Oban Kiyoshi Black

Titleist 915 2 hybrid

Miura Baby Blades 3-PW

Bettinardi wedges 52 & 58

Bettinardi FCB Putter

Irons and wedges have Oban steel iron shafts. Bag is a old/faded camo ping hoofer

I bet Christmas dinner at your house is amazing!

I love that you have expensive clubs in an old Ping bag, that tells me that you probably are successful in your career and you care enough about your game that cost really isn't much a factor when it comes to your equipment, but you don't want anyone to know about it. You just want to go play golf.

You're also low single digit to scratch, possibly even plus handicap.

If you had a brand new Ogio "look at me" bag, I would probably think you were a poser :P

Here's mine:

D: Taylormade M1 10.5° Speeder 661 TS S

3w: Taylormade M2 15° stock S

4w: Callaway XR 17° stock S

4h: Ping G25 23° stock TS S

5h: Adams Pro DHy 27° stock S

6-PW: Titleist AP1 712 DG S300 (not stock)

50: Cleveland RTX-3

54: Nike Engage square sole

60: Nike Engage toe sweep

Wedges are all stock DG wedge flex

P: Odyssey Versa 9, white/black/white 34"

All in a new Ping hoofer bag (my old hoofer died, RIP in Peace), and I don't use the headcovers that come with the clubs, except for the Adams hybrid and my putter.

New bag, what’s WRX’s judgment?

Titleist 915 2 hybrid

Miura Baby Blades 3-PW

Bettinardi FCB Putter

Irons and wedges have Oban steel iron shafts. Bag is a old/faded camo ping hoofer

Here's mine:

All in a new Ping hoofer bag (my old hoofer died, RIP in Peace), and I don't use the headcovers that come with the clubs, except for the Adams hybrid and my putter.

Phenom - nice bag.

This bag reeks of prioritizing solid contact above all else. The hybrids up to the 5 spot say you don't care about being judged on a 3 iron.

The Ap1's say the same - easy distance, straight shots, repeatability.

So do the wedges. The 50* says confidence on approaches or predictable bump n run, and the Nike wedges say you're using the club characteristics to get consistent results.

The woods on the other hand indicate that you're aware that distance at the top of the bag has to have an element of risk, and so you're willing to roll with a couple of bombers where necessary.

The putter says if I don't one-putt, I damn sure won't 3-putt.

Alright, been reading this thread forever. Someone read my leaves:

Titleist 915D3 9.5* set to 10.25*, MFT Diamana Kai'li 65, S

Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R

Titleist 915Hd 20.5* set to 19.75*, Diamana S+ Blue 70, S, -1/2"

Titleist 716 AP1 4-W52, Kuro Kage Tini 65, S

Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 56*, DG-S400

Nike Method Core MC 03w

I'll play along too:

Driver: Taylormade 2016 M1 8.5 degrees Aldila NV 65X tipped 1 inch

Fairway Wood: Taylormade 2016 M1 T3 14 Degree (Set to 13 degrees) Aldila NVS 85X

Hybrid: Adams Super Hybrid XTD 17 degrees Aldila NVS 105X OR Srixon ZU45 18 Degree Aldila NVS 105X

Irons: Srixon ZU45 23 degree True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 SL, Srixon Z945 5-9 True Temper Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Cleveland RTX-3 46, 50, 56, 62 True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 (46) True Temper Dynamic Gold S400 (50,56,62)

Putter: Odyssey V-Line Pro White Hot (32 inches)

New bag, whatâs WRXâs judgment?

Titleist 915 2 hybrid

Miura Baby Blades 3-PW

Bettinardi FCB Putter

Here's mine:

Phenom - nice bag.

This bag reeks of prioritizing solid contact above all else. The hybrids up to the 5 spot say you don't care about being judged on a 3 iron.

The Ap1's say the same - easy distance, straight shots, repeatability.

So do the wedges. The 50* says confidence on approaches or predictable bump n run, and the Nike wedges say you're using the club characteristics to get consistent results.

The woods on the other hand indicate that you're aware that distance at the top of the bag has to have an element of risk, and so you're willing to roll with a couple of bombers where necessary.

The putter says if I don't one-putt, I damn sure won't 3-putt.

You read me pretty well! Distance can be an issue for me, I'm Justin Thomas-sized with average human speed (driver SS maxes out at 106, usually hovers around 103), and an 11 handicapper's swing. Even with the AP1s, my 8 iron only carries 146 on my stock shot. Solid contact is most definitely my biggest concern, once I can make more solid contact I'll feel comfortable putting a bit more speed into my iron shots. I definitely do not feel the need to play anything higher than a 6 iron. I play in hilly north-central Alabama so maximizing carry distance in the upper end of my bag is a must - you're not really getting any roll on the courses where I play, and I feel like 5 iron is where I start to lose carry, so hybrid it is. Plus, I love hitting the green with my 5 hybrid when my buddies are missing the green trying to hit their 7 iron 190 yards. They'll learn eventually :P

Callaway Epic SZ, Aldila Rogue Max 75x

Callaway XR Pro 4 wood Project X Lz 6.0 graphite

Callaway XR Pro 3 hybrid Project X LZ 6.0 graphite

Callaway XForged UT 24* Project X Lz 6.0 steel

Callaway 18’ Apex MB 5-AW Project x Lz 6.0 steel

Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 56 slate

Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 60

2016 Bettinardi BB1

Taylormade M6
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
SC Phantom X 5.5

Ouch! ?

Actually, these are for hickory events, but not caring about scores is part of my strategy! ?

All tongue and cheek...nice bag! Wouldn’t mind playing a round with those. Never seen a set to purchase anywhere

Taylormade M6
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
SC Phantom X 5.5

What does this bag say about me? :swoon:

20180114_164849.jpg

You like a modern driver! LOL. Cool bag of clubs for sure. The Jones bag, the driver, and all the lead tape on the putter probably tells the story more than the rest of the clubs. Been a decent golfer since the early 1980s. Learned that all the technology in the world can't fix a mishit, but lets tinker with clubs anyhow. All the time. Play hickory, it's a blast. Your other set is a minimalist set as well, but more of the modern variety. The only truly out of place thing in this photo is the golf car!

sdandrea's bag and my bag are from two different worlds of golf...

Taylormade M2 2016 9.5* Fuji Speeder Evolution IV 589 X D8

Taylormade M2 2016 3HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g 04 D9

Taylormade M2 2017 3 h MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 80g S D4

Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 4-P Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S D2

Vokey SM6 50 54 58 Aerotech Steelfiber i125 S D4

Byron Morgan DH89

Kirkland Signature

WITB
Taylormade SIM2 10.5* Ventus Black 6X
Taylormade SIM 19* AD-DI 7X

Taylormade Stealth 3h Ventus Blue 9X
Mizuno MP-69 4-PW Modus 120 S
Vokey SM9 50 - 55 - 60 DGTI S400 

Scotty Cameron GoLo 6

Byron Morgan DH89

Kirkland Signature

Neo, is that you? I don't know about the Matrix, but you're the one who will save the golf world. The millennial who loves golf and loves golf equipment! Of course, you're no fool, and the golf world had better keep having things to offer. The K-sig golf ball spells this out. Buying your own equipment now, where can you find true quality at a fair price. If it wasn't the K-sig, one of the TaylorMade balls would be on the tee. Really I'm a little out of my league with this bag since I stopped truly following golf tech about the time you got the bug. You're a strong hitter. Played other sports growing up, maybe baseball? The heavier stiff shafts give that away. If I had to guess you probably had access to a golf course your whole life, but didn't really love the game, partially because your friends played other sports, and because the time commitment to really be a good jr. golfer is quite intense. But you're getting better now! That 7.5 hcp in your bio is going down! Well, if you can get that baby draw working. As of today your short and mid irons like to draw, but the woods still seem to fade. Or slice...doh! My advice, embrace the fade! I don't know what to think of the putter. It looks super cool, but why not a Scotty? Or Ping? Oh, you've got those, but in the attic. For now, let's hope the custom flat stick can shave a few strokes off the ole hcp. Keep up the good golfing, and good luck!

Ouch!

Actually, these are for hickory events, but not caring about scores is part of my strategy!

All tongue and cheek...nice bag! Wouldn't mind playing a round with those. Never seen a set to purchase anywhere

Of course. I knew you were kidding. No worries. Buying a decent hickory set is nearly impossible unless you buy a new set of replicas. I have been buying and refurbishing hickories one at a time. It's a blast to build and play them!

• Callaway Rogue Draw 10.5*
  • The Perfect Club 21
  • Callaway XROS 64
  • PING Eye 2 BeCu 7 - SW
  • PING Kartsen Craz-E

What does this bag say about me? :swoon:

20180114_164849.jpg

You like a modern driver! LOL. Cool bag of clubs for sure. The Jones bag, the driver, and all the lead tape on the putter probably tells the story more than the rest of the clubs. Been a decent golfer since the early 1980s. Learned that all the technology in the world can't fix a mishit, but lets tinker with clubs anyhow. All the time. Play hickory, it's a blast. Your other set is a minimalist set as well, but more of the modern variety. The only truly out of place thing in this photo is the golf car!

I just got a few more hickories today as I am building up a play set for the VA abode. There are active clubs in both VA and Florida. I'd love to walk on our outings, but alas, the host courses won't allow it so far. It is a blast finding and refurbishing and playing these beauty/beasts!

• Callaway Rogue Draw 10.5*
  • The Perfect Club 21
  • Callaway XROS 64
  • PING Eye 2 BeCu 7 - SW
  • PING Kartsen Craz-E

Byron Morgan DH89

Kirkland Signature

Neo, is that you? I don't know about the Matrix, but you're the one who will save the golf world. The millennial who loves golf and loves golf equipment! Of course, you're no fool, and the golf world had better keep having things to offer. The K-sig golf ball spells this out. Buying your own equipment now, where can you find true quality at a fair price. If it wasn't the K-sig, one of the TaylorMade balls would be on the tee. Really I'm a little out of my league with this bag since I stopped truly following golf tech about the time you got the bug. You're a strong hitter. Played other sports growing up, maybe baseball? The heavier stiff shafts give that away. If I had to guess you probably had access to a golf course your whole life, but didn't really love the game, partially because your friends played other sports, and because the time commitment to really be a good jr. golfer is quite intense. But you're getting better now! That 7.5 hcp in your bio is going down! Well, if you can get that baby draw working. As of today your short and mid irons like to draw, but the woods still seem to fade. Or slice...doh! My advice, embrace the fade! I don't know what to think of the putter. It looks super cool, but why not a Scotty? Or Ping? Oh, you've got those, but in the attic. For now, let's hope the custom flat stick can shave a few strokes off the ole hcp. Keep up the good golfing, and good luck!

Hahaha you're somewhat on the right track...actually didn't really play other sports growing up. I've golfed my entire life but didn't take improving my game seriously until high school. I can pretty much play a fade slice or a draw hook depending on the shot though which can be helpful. Here's a vid of my swing:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaIFF3ylaV5/

Not a fan of scottys actually, just don't get all the hype I guess.

WITB
Taylormade SIM2 10.5* Ventus Black 6X
Taylormade SIM 19* AD-DI 7X

Taylormade Stealth 3h Ventus Blue 9X
Mizuno MP-69 4-PW Modus 120 S
Vokey SM9 50 - 55 - 60 DGTI S400 

Scotty Cameron GoLo 6

Irons:

4iron - Titleist AP1, 714. KBS tour stiff

5-p -Titleist Ap2, 714. KBS tour stiff

Wedges:

Vokey SM6 F 50

Vokey V grind 54, USA ryder cup logo from Hazeltine

Vokey TVD-K 58

Driver

Titleist 917 D2, Diamana blue 60 stiff

3-wood, Callaway, octane edge. stock stiff

Putter

Scotty X7M

Bag:

2 year old titleist Sta Dry, Carry bag or a Titleist Pencil bag some days

If someone doesn’t have any Japanese forged clubs in their bag, JP suspects they do not have a really deep love for the game.

Taylormade M5 Tour 10.5* 

Taylormade 300 Series 15*

Taylormade Sim2 Max 18*

Titleist 818H2  21*

Titleist 718 TMB 4 24*

Titleist 718 AP2  5-PW

Mizuno T20  54*   58*

Taylormade Spider GT  #3

New bag, whatâs WRXâs judgment?

Titleist 915 2 hybrid

Miura Baby Blades 3-PW

Bettinardi FCB Putter

I bet Christmas dinner at your house is amazing!

I love that you have expensive clubs in an old Ping bag, that tells me that you probably are successful in your career and you care enough about your game that cost really isn't much a factor when it comes to your equipment, but you don't want anyone to know about it. You just want to go play golf.

You're also low single digit to scratch, possibly even plus handicap.

If you had a brand new Ogio "look at me" bag, I would probably think you were a poser :P

Here's mine:

Pretty close. Handicap has ranged from 2-5 in the past year. I’ve had this ping bag since high school, my new-ish titleist bag stays in my office with old clubs and shafts in it. I will admit, I buy my clubs based on looks with the most important thing being how a club looks at address.

Your bag tells me that you fiddle enough to find what works for you and your swing. Brand loyalty is all out the window and the age of some of your clubs tells me that you stick with what works unlike most of us club hoes on wrx. LOL

Irons:

4iron - Titleist AP1, 714. KBS tour stiff

5-p -Titleist Ap2, 714. KBS tour stiff

Wedges:

Vokey SM6 F 50

Vokey V grind 54, USA ryder cup logo from Hazeltine

Vokey TVD-K 58

Driver

Titleist 917 D2, Diamana blue 60 stiff

3-wood, Callaway, octane edge. stock stiff

Putter

Scotty X7M

Bag:

2 year old titleist Sta Dry, Carry bag or a Titleist Pencil bag some days

This probably won't even be close, but I'll give it a shot. Boggy is an 8 handicap, and drives the ball about 285.He shows loyalty to Titleist, probably plays a ProV1. The 3 bags show that he plays rain or shine, and usually walks. The cally 3 wood and wedges show a " if it ain't broke, don't fix it mentality. Am I close?

My bags an interesting one;

Driver: Cobra King F6 11.5 Draw Stock Regular

3W and 7W: Dunlop DDH II OCG Stock

4-P: Callaway Steelhead XR Stock Regular

50, 54, 58: Cleveland RTX-3 Black Satin Stock

Putter: Odyssey Works Versa 7 34"

Bag: Ogio

Good Luck!

Would love you all to take a chance at my bag:

Driver: Ping G400 Alta CB stiff

Wood: Still looking for the perfect one

Hybrid: Titleist 913 21/24 both turned down .75

Irons: 5-P MP-64 DG SL

Wedges: Mizuno S5/51 degree, Callaway PM 56/60

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Select or Nike Origin b1-05

Cheers and Good Luck!

Cheers and Good Luck!

The high lofted hybrids say maybe you have a little trouble hitting the high ball.

But the wedges show me you focus on playing well from 100 yards and in

The lack of a wood might be due to not finding a good one, or non need for the length

I say a solid 9 or 10 handicap.

Everyone is welcome to make any comment you like:

Driver: Cobra F8 w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65 Stiff set on 9.5

3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff

2/3H: Cobra Amp Cell set to 3+ or 2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s

Irons: Wilson FG Tour v6 4-GW DG S300 AMT

Wedges: 56/11 and 60/09 Wilson FG Tour PMP Raw Tour Grind w/KBS Tour Hi Rev

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Cheers and Good Luck!

The high lofted hybrids say maybe you have a little trouble hitting the high ball.

But the wedges show me you focus on playing well from 100 yards and in

The lack of a wood might be due to not finding a good one, or non need for the length

I say a solid 9 or 10 handicap.

Wow your good! No 3 wood is cause I haven’t found one I like, hence the 13 clubs.

The only other thing was you were a little generous on my cap...I’m a 13 now, but hope to be a 9 by summers end.