2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

judging players by their bags

MtlJeff

One last post for this thread with my own gear for someone to take a stab at.

Cobra Fly-Z+ | Aldila Tour Blue 75x

Cobra F7 3w | Aldila Tour Blue 85x

Callaway Apex 18* | Aldila Tour Blue 85x

Titleist 716 TMB 3 iron | DG AMT S300

Titleist 716 AP2 4-P | DG AMT S300

Taylormade Milled Grind 50* (bent to 52*) and 58* with DG S400

Ping Milled Anser 5

Glove: MG Dynagrip Elite (2 for $14, can't go past it)

Balls: Taylormade Tour Preferred X (hint: I buy them used)

Bag: Ping 4 Series Black

Grips: Golf Pride MCC+4 (blue for woods, green for irons, red for wedges), Ping PP62 pistol

Headcovers: Stitch leather black with red stripes, wool JuJu hybrid cover also black with red and white stripes.

Few more extras:

• I've just bought my 4th hybrid this year - an Apex 18* which will be shafted with an Aldila Tour Blue 85x, in the rotation has been an Adams Idea Pro, Cobra F7, Callaway XR Pro, and a Callaway XR Pro 5 wood,
  • I've been a member of Golfwrx for more than 10 years, during that time i've probably only used Facebook and Google more for personal stuff.
  • I moved to Canada this year from New Zealand for work. 6 month golf season stinks.

Have at it! I'll get ready on the couch for your analysis..

My gear:

915D4 8.5* speeder VCTS 7.2X 44.25â€

-

swap in one of the following depending on course/conditions

913FD 15* ADDI 7X

Or

913HD 18* Tour green 85X

Or

Miz 14* Driving 1iron original unknown DG shaft

Or

Miz MP33 2iron DG X7

-

Miz MP4 3-P 2S14X

Miz T5: 50/7, 55/13, 60/6 2S14S

Odyssey 7 Tank SS Flatso 3.0

Penta or ChromeSoft or V1X depending on course/conditions

Titleist lightweight stand bag

Now that my bag is finally set for the first time in 4 years of playing golf, I'll join the party. Sorry for being late :busted_cop:

Ping Anser 9.5 Aldila Tour Green 75x

Adams Tight Lies Tour 18* 5w Aldila Tour Blue 65s

Cobra Rail-H 19* 3H

Ben Hogan Ft. Worth 15 21*-45* KBS Tour-V 110 S

Vokey SM6 50*

Callaway Mack Daddy 2 TG 54*

Callaway Mack Daddy 2 TG 58*

Omen No. 5

I'm on a roll so i'll have a go with this one.

The 75x driver shaft with stiff flex through the bag is a curious one. If I had to guess, you bought the driver with the X shaft intending to switch it out for a Stiff but found you like it. I used an Anser for a while last year, great head.

You don't care about the number on the bottom of the club, only how it performs, which is why you have an 18*, 19* and 21* clubs in your bag. I am one of those OCD people, and it would do my head in even if it works for me.

Your irons tell me that you thought long and hard before pulling the trigger on the hogans. My guess is that you thought about it for ages, and pulled the trigger when they reduced their prices once they hit financial troubles.

You are particular about wedges that set up nice and square, which is why you've stuck with the Mack Daddy 2 TG. I bet you also like the look of a set of 50/54/58 MD Forged wedges when these ones wear out.

I don't even know what an Omen #5 putter is, but I'm going to say its one you picked up in a store with no intention to buy, and happened to love it. You have have even tested it out against an OEM model that best matches it, but have chosen to stick with your trusty find. I bet it has the original grip on it too.

How did I do?

The x stiff in the driver is actually the third x I’ve had in it, I can handle a board feeling driver shaft but not with my irons.

The Hogan’s were a long term goal, but only realized thanks to their bankruptcy. So you’re nailed that.

The wedges were just a great deal I got thanks to WRX, and they fit the lofts of my PW better, but yes, the I are better suited to my eye.

And the putter... I work at a Dicks and it was the one that I would putt with in my spare time and it went 50% off so you better bet it left with me!

But dang if you aren’t right about not caring about the number on the club. My 5 wood is plenty longer than the hybrid and the hybrid fits a good gab surprisingly between the 5w and the 4i (21*). They fit my gappings and that’s what counts!

Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Fujikura Motore Speeder VC7.2 Tour Spec X

Taylormade V-Steel 15* Aldila Tour Blue 75TX

Titleist 913 19* Diamana 82hy S
Srixon ZX4 MKII 4i Modus 105s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-P Modus 105s

TM MG 50/54 Project X 6.5 8i 

TM Tiger Grind 60* TI s400

TM Rossa Tourismo agsi+

Now that my bag is finally set for the first time in 4 years of playing golf, I'll join the party. Sorry for being late :busted_cop:

Ping Anser 9.5 Aldila Tour Green 75x

Adams Tight Lies Tour 18* 5w Aldila Tour Blue 65s

Cobra Rail-H 19* 3H

Ben Hogan Ft. Worth 15 21*-45* KBS Tour-V 110 S

Vokey SM6 50*

Callaway Mack Daddy 2 TG 54*

Callaway Mack Daddy 2 TG 58*

Omen No. 5

I'm on a roll so i'll have a go with this one.

The 75x driver shaft with stiff flex through the bag is a curious one. If I had to guess, you bought the driver with the X shaft intending to switch it out for a Stiff but found you like it. I used an Anser for a while last year, great head.

You don't care about the number on the bottom of the club, only how it performs, which is why you have an 18*, 19* and 21* clubs in your bag. I am one of those OCD people, and it would do my head in even if it works for me.

Your irons tell me that you thought long and hard before pulling the trigger on the hogans. My guess is that you thought about it for ages, and pulled the trigger when they reduced their prices once they hit financial troubles.

You are particular about wedges that set up nice and square, which is why you've stuck with the Mack Daddy 2 TG. I bet you also like the look of a set of 50/54/58 MD Forged wedges when these ones wear out.

I don't even know what an Omen #5 putter is, but I'm going to say its one you picked up in a store with no intention to buy, and happened to love it. You have have even tested it out against an OEM model that best matches it, but have chosen to stick with your trusty find. I bet it has the original grip on it too.

How did I do?

And damn if I don’t still have that original grip on the putter!

Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Fujikura Motore Speeder VC7.2 Tour Spec X

Taylormade V-Steel 15* Aldila Tour Blue 75TX

Titleist 913 19* Diamana 82hy S
Srixon ZX4 MKII 4i Modus 105s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-P Modus 105s

TM MG 50/54 Project X 6.5 8i 

TM Tiger Grind 60* TI s400

TM Rossa Tourismo agsi+

Let’s see how close anyone can get to handicap or type of course we play up North.

2017 TM M1 460 9.5 w/ Elements Chrome 7f5t

2016 TM M2 3HL w/ UST VtS Black 8X

Mizuno MP FIiHi Cut Muscle 18* w/ DG TI X100

Mizuno MP 59 4-Pw w/ DG TI X100

Sm6 50* w/s400

Sm5 55*&60* w/s400

Bettinardi SS 16 w/Iomic white

Ping 4 Under bag with some fuzzy animal head covers from the lost and found.

I'll play with this one. Here is what tells me you're serious.

• Exotic shafts that go beyond the no-upcharge shaft options. Joe hacker takes what is on the shelf, someone who knows what they're doing will try some of the free custom options, but only a serious player uses exotic shafts. My guess is that you spent a lot of time with a clubfitter finding the shafts that work for you (as opposed to just trial and error).
  • A 55* wedge. This implies that a) you can tell the difference between 55* and 56*, and b) you've gone out of your way to get your wedge bent to fill the gap. Also with the non-stock wedge shafts
  • Matching shafts in driving iron and irons. Again you know what you like and don't just take what is on the rack.
  • Bettinardi Putter - very rare for someone to buy one of these for reasons other than quality and performance...
  • The Ping bag despite no Ping clubs
  • Iomic putter grip

As for handicap, I'm going to say 1.9, which is great given that you live somewhere where it snows for half the year and you don't get to practice much anymore. You're already wishing you could head south and sneak a few more rounds out of 2017.

More of a dry out the bank account on the BSt until you something that works but the fitting is probably wise advice. Did wish I was further south but we’re still out here grinding for another week anyways!

Callaway Epic 3W 15˚ - Aldila Rogue Max 75

Nike Covert 3H - Kurokage Black 70

Titleist 716 T-MB/CB/MB combo set - KBS Tour V 110

Vokey SM6 - 52, 56, 60

Miura KM-007

Jones Utility Bag Olive

Mixed set of seamus headcovers

I like this bag! Chilli likes his equipment classic, yet functional. More so, Chilli is just a little quirky, but in a good way. The clubs in the bag are not Chilli's only clubs. He could make a complete set of just Titleist clubs, and did for some time. The same could be said for his Nike gear as well. But if you don't want a complete set of clubs, the next best thing is to have every part of the bag not match! The Jones bag is perfect for such an endeavor. So is the Miura putter. Now to the golf. I think Chilli is a better golfer than his lack of driver lets on. As in, he is a 5 hcp player who was even better 14 years ago when golfing in college. The local CC is just not that long, and driver gets him in trouble more than it's worth. Besides, who needs to hit up on the ball? Although I think a Ping G30 driver might be worth a try, or even an TM RBZ from a few years ago. I'd take Chilli on my scramble team any day, but I'd like him for a best ball partner even more.

Mine should be interesting:

Driver: Callaway Razr fit tour 8.5 with fuji motors speeder X

4/5 wood: Cobra Fly-Z+ set to 18d with Matrix vlct st X

Irons: R7 TP 4-9, dg s300

Wedge variety pack: Cleveland RTX-3 48-08, Ping tour s 52-12, Cleveland cg14 56-14, Vokey spin milled 60-04

Putter: Scotty future 6m, 35.5 with superstroke slim 2.0 plus

Bag: Sun mountain cart bag... Couldn't say the actual model off the top of my head.

Mine should be interesting:

Driver: Callaway Razr fit tour 8.5 with fuji motors speeder X

4/5 wood: Cobra Fly-Z+ set to 18d with Matrix vlct st X

Irons: R7 TP 4-9, dg s300

Wedge variety pack: Cleveland RTX-3 48-08, Ping tour s 52-12, Cleveland cg14 56-14, Vokey spin milled 60-04

Putter: Scotty future 6m, 35.5 with superstroke slim 2.0 plus

Bag: Sun mountain cart bag... Couldn't say the actual model off the top of my head.

You like what you like! Driver works solid for you and the tech hasn't made much of an impact for your tee game. Fairway wood is low spinning and you wanted something that was a no brainer to find the fairway or stick on a long par 5. Irons are just money and you won't give them up for anything. You're probably hunting for another set to replace them but you might have to go with R9 TP since R7's are browning.

The wedges are all designed to get you close to the hole and work awesome for your home course. There's little to no zip left but so what! You've probably chipped in with them more in 6 rounds than most guys do in a season. You drank the Kool Aid and went Scotty and you like it but it's nothing amazing and you just like the stability of the putter. People get confused when they see your bag with old headcovers and then a scotty cover. They think you won it at an outing or something.

I'll open the forum to critics now. Don't go easy on me!

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]

I haven't noticed any huge reactions to mine, I also never really thought about it. I did end up buying a "Layups are for Basketball Towel" that I haven't taken out to the course yet, that one should be interesting.

Titleist 915 D2 - Diamana Blue Regular Flex

Taylormade R11 4 Wood - Stock Stiff Shaft

Cobra King F7 3-4 Hybrid (22 degree setting)

Callaway Big Bertha Diablo Forged 4 Iron Thru A Wedge - Stock Steel Shafts

Titleist Spin Milled 54 degree and 58 Degree - Stock Steel Shafts

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport Putter

University of Wyoming cart bag or Callaway Stand Bag

Ping G430 Max KaiLi White 60 Stiff (9 degree)
Cobra King RAD 3 Wood Fujikura Motore X F3 Stiff (14.5 degree setting)
Mizuno CLK Hybrid (19 and 22 degree, I swap them out depending on the wind in the parking lot)

Mizuno JPX-921 Hot Metal Pro 4-5 Irons - KBS Tour Regular Flex Steel Shafts

Mizuno JPX-921 Forged 6 Iron - G Wedge - KBS Tour Regular Flex Steel Shafts 
Titleist SM9 54 and 58 
Scotty Cameron Phantom X6 CS (34")

My bag is fairly unassuming. Generic knit headcovers, plain older Titleist walking bag.

When I get pair up with others I dont know and they show up with a fancy bag, I usually take as terrible and awkward looking practice swings on the first tee, just for fun.

SLDR

U65 18*

MP Fli Hi 24*

5-PW MB2

Cobra Wedges

Protype 2 Ball with generic headcover

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Attas-T2 9x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Usually, I'll watch a players first swing on the first tee, then glance into his bag. I find that the bigger the "hack" the more "monetary value" his bag holds.

what is your definition of a hack?

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>Mavrik Max 4, 5, 6, 7 hybrids

>7--SW Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blade Irons

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

>Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Putter

OK. This should be interesting... Here goes. Judge me by my witb:

DRIVER - Cobra Bio Cell+ 10.5*D, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3, stiff, SuperStroke S-Tech grip

3 WOOD - Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 15*, Aldila Rogue Silver 70, stiff, Lamkin Exotics grip

4 WOOD - Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 16.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3, regular, Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 grip

3 IRON - Air Force One AFX Pro, Apollo Steel, stiff, stock grip

4 IRON-PW - Taylormade Rocketbladez Tour, KBS C-Taper Lite S, stiff, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Midsize grips

GW - MacGregor VIP Black 52* (Vers. 1, conforming), 6* bounce, MacGregor shaft, Medalist grip

SW - Taylormade Tour Preferred ATV 56*, KBS Tour-V, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 grip

PUTTER - Odyssey White Ice 330 Mallet

GLOVE - MG DynaGrip Elite

BALL - Srixon Z-Star / Taylormade TP5X

I like this bag! Chilli likes his equipment classic, yet functional. More so, Chilli is just a little quirky, but in a good way. The clubs in the bag are not Chilli's only clubs. He could make a complete set of just Titleist clubs, and did for some time. The same could be said for his Nike gear as well. But if you don't want a complete set of clubs, the next best thing is to have every part of the bag not match! The Jones bag is perfect for such an endeavor. So is the Miura putter. Now to the golf. I think Chilli is a better golfer than his lack of driver lets on. As in, he is a 5 hcp player who was even better 14 years ago when golfing in college. The local CC is just not that long, and driver gets him in trouble more than it's worth. Besides, who needs to hit up on the ball? Although I think a Ping G30 driver might be worth a try, or even an TM RBZ from a few years ago. I'd take Chilli on my scramble team any day, but I'd like him for a best ball partner even more.

I'm not sure how the hell you were able to guess all of that, but it's dead bang accurate except for my handicap (14) and age (27). Thank you for planting the ping driver seed in my head, I could use a fifth brand in my bag.

This thread works best when you comment on a few others before posting your bag :)

DRIVER - Cobra Bio Cell+ 10.5*D, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3, stiff, SuperStroke S-Tech grip

3 WOOD - Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 15*, Aldila Rogue Silver 70, stiff, Lamkin Exotics grip

4 WOOD - Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 16.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3, regular, Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 grip

4 IRON-PW - Taylormade Rocketbladez Tour, KBS C-Taper Lite S, stiff, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Midsize grips

GW - MacGregor VIP Black 52* (Vers. 1, conforming), 6* bounce, MacGregor shaft, Medalist grip

BALL - Srixon Z-Star / Posted Image TP5X

You're guy who likes finding a deal on older gear, hence why no 2017 models in your bag. My guess is you love tinkering with gear but buy older stuff to make a bit cheaper.

Also intrigued by the different grips on every club, either you don't care or you're waiting till the bag is set to get matching grips. My guess is you don't care.

56* as the highest loft is also interesting. I'll say you have a tidy short game and play a course that isn't super firm and fast.

I use MG grips and love them, no surprise there.

One last guess is that you're thinking hard about trying out a new driving iron, but your trusty powerbilt will be hard to knock out!

I'm not sure how the hell you were able to guess all of that, but it's dead bang accurate except for my handicap (14) and age (27). Thank you for planting the ping driver seed in my head, I could use a fifth brand in my bag.

jslane is an exceptional reader of bags :)

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

This thread works best when you comment on a few others before posting your bag :)

BALL - Srixon Z-Star / Posted Image TP5X

You're guy who likes finding a deal on older gear, hence why no 2017 models in your bag. My guess is you love tinkering with gear but buy older stuff to make a bit cheaper.

Also intrigued by the different grips on every club, either you don't care or you're waiting till the bag is set to get matching grips. My guess is you don't care.

56* as the highest loft is also interesting. I'll say you have a tidy short game and play a course that isn't super firm and fast.

I use MG grips and love them, no surprise there.

One last guess is that you're thinking hard about trying out a new driving iron, but your trusty powerbilt will be hard to knock out!

Yes on the clubs.

Yep. I have never minded different grips on different clubs. Just seem to get used to them quickly.

Yes, but I am considering getting a 60 but not sure what would come out of the bag.

MG gloves are amazing.

Nope. This bad boy is staying in the bag! Love hitting low bullets off the tee with this!!

Great job!

My bag is fairly unassuming. Generic knit headcovers, plain older Titleist walking bag.

When I get pair up with others I dont know and they show up with a fancy bag, I usually take as terrible and awkward looking practice swings on the first tee, just for fun.

SLDR

U65 18*

MP Fli Hi 24*

5-PW MB2

Cobra Wedges

You are an accurate driver to have an SLDR. I’m sure you love it and can’t seem to find a need to replace it.

You must despise fairway woods but you love the versatility of having two utility irons in the bag.

I bet you adore your iron set and probably are smart enough to realize blades haven’t really change in 6 years and you love that Adams feel.

No comment on the wedges.

You probably would like to replace that old trusty putter but know deep down you probably won’t.

You also don’t care at all about mixing brands and you care more about having the best clubs for you in the bag.

SLDR

U65 18*

MP Fli Hi 24*

5-PW MB2

Cobra Wedges

You are an accurate driver to have an SLDR. I’m sure you love it and can’t seem to find a need to replace it.

You must despise fairway woods but you love the versatility of having two utility irons in the bag.

I bet you adore your iron set and probably are smart enough to realize blades haven’t really change in 6 years and you love that Adams feel.

No comment on the wedges.

You probably would like to replace that old trusty putter but know deep down you probably won’t.

You also don’t care at all about mixing brands and you care more about having the best clubs for you in the bag.

Pretty accurate, I have a love hate with woods and rarely bring one to the course let alone the range.

Im a terrible driver, but the SLDR feels way too good with that shaft and I have spin issues the SLDR helps with.

The putter is only in the bag on a $200 bet I couldnt play it a whole year. Its not as bad as I make it out to be.

There is a chance I would have newer blades if more options were out there for lefties :)

no comment on my wedges either :)

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Attas-T2 9x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Epic Subzero 8*

Steelhead xr 3 and 5 wood

3-PW Mizuno 900T

Callaway MD Forged 52-10 and 58-8

Ping Redwood Anser at 36" Length

Chuck, you clearly are a long hitter. You're bagging a 8 degree driver, plus a 3 wood, 5 wood, and 3 iron. You live to show your prowess on long par 5's that wow your partners and make every man on the course want to play in your foursome so they can say "dude, this guy went driver, 3 iron into a 580 yard Par 5'.

Your irons tell me you have recently understood the importance of getting a good iron from a brand like Mizuno, and not buying into they hype of more yardage like the companies that advertise on Golf Channel. You realized you're already long off the tee, so now you need something you can control into the green, which is where your mizzy irons come into play.

As a man who also uses a 52 and 58 wedge setup, obviously, we like to minimize our thoughts and options around the green. I'm guessing you're primarily a 58 guy, again, due to your obscene length with the shaft, off the tee I mean, and everyone knows the mack daddy's are a super all around wedge offering.

Lastly, anyone who has a 36' putter is not someone I want to reckon with either on the course or at a strip mall. My only hope is that you play in pants long enough to reach the tops of your shoes so it doesn't look like you're waiting for a flood. But something tells me you make it rain birdies with that telephone pole you putt with.

DR: Mavrik SZ - Tour AD XC 7S
5W: Mavrik SZ - Tour AD XC 8S
3H: Titleist 816 H2 - Speeder 8.8X
Irons (4-P): Mizuno MP-20 MMC - KBS $ X
Wedges (50,54,58): Mizuno T20 Raw - KBS $ X
Putter: Seemore Nashville
Ball: 2021 Pro V1

What are your thoughts on having the whole bag match a brand? I ask this question, because I don't think I've seen a single person on here that has an entirely matching set, but I see them on the course a ton. Obviously, it's common at the pro level because of money, but what about amatures that have a fully matching set.

For instance:

1. 917D3 Titleist

2. H1 Titleist Hybrid

3. AP2s

4. Vokeys

5. Scotty Putter

I use Titleist as an example, but could be done with any golf brand....

Another question to go along with that: If there's a bunch of guys with matching sets, what does the brand they choose to have match say about them?

My entire bag and accessories match with Mizuno.

Driver: JPX 850, Speeder VC 6.3, Stiff

5 Wood: JPX 850, Speeder VC 6.3, Stiff

Hybrid: JPX 850 22*, Speeder VC 6.3, Stiff

4-PW: MP 25, C-Taper X

Wedges: S5 52* & 58*, C-Taper X (Blue Ion color)

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 #1, 33'

Ball: Chrome Soft Truvis (both white and yellow, depends on mood)

Glove: MG Dynagrip Elite & Pure Touch

Bag: Mizuno Pro 14 Way Stand Bag (Mizuno Blue)

Cart: Clicgear 3.5, Blue of course

Ok, I'll play. :-)

Driver: TM '17 M2 D-Type 9.5* (Yellow HZRDUS), 46"

3W: Cobra LTD King 16.5* (Aldila Tour Red)

5W: TM Aeroburner Black (Aldila DVS)

3H: Callaway Razr (RIP/Nv? Stock shaft)

4i-Pw: Mizuno 900 TF (Nippon 120x)

50* / 60* Vokey SM-6 (Nippon 130s- 8i)

Odyssey Toe-up #9, 2.0 Fatso grip (+50g weight)

Ball: Wilson Duo Urethane

I'll take a crack at your bag, Groach, as it appeases my OCD with all the matching and coordination you have going on.

Driver, fairway and hybrid all in the same bright blue model spec with the same shaft profile would indicate A) You've got a thing for the color blue and B) This is clearly a Mizzy line that works for you with that shaft combo. The club gaps are interesting though too. If you've got the hybrid at 22*, then perhaps the 5 wood is set-up to play a bit strong at something like 17*? Effectively making it more of a 4 wood? But those are bonded hosels you can't adjust, right? So maybe you've just got one with a hot face that makes it easier to get close to those par 5's in two and have a go at attacking pins on long par 4's with confidence? Or was it more about usability and versatility off the deck? I'm going to assume its the last and figure you know how to plot and plan your way around the course. Most randoms I get paired with just have the arbitrary 3 wood stuffed in their bag because they feel they "should". A quick glance down at the rest of your bag would have me wondering for a moment at the flex selection of the longer clubs - as in going stiff flex for those, but X-stiff C-Tapers in the irons and the wedges. Would bet that the first couple tee shots explain that away though. I imagine you have a smoother swing and transition while using the hybrid and up that produces a tidy, high draw. Normal carry off the tee is probably around 255 yards with driver as a guess and you feel more confident using the hybrid as a safety club than you do the 5 wood for tight tee shots.

Mizuno continues through the next part of the bag with the great pocket/split cavity mp25s for irons and more of the blue theme with the S2 wedges. Those irons feel as good and soft as any other offering Mizzy has ever produced in my opinion without all the mental pressure of having to flush each and every shot the way you would with a traditional blade. Neat and classic looking shape, minimal offset, nice top-line... whole package in an iron right there. Shafted up with the C-Tapers in extra stiff would indicate you can put some juice on the ball too. I'd wager you struggled with shots ballooning in the past and just getting eaten in the wind and the C-Tapers are what finally helped fix it. Since you probably like flighting the ball lower, the 8 iron down are probably some of your favorite clubs and ones that you feel confident throwing little darts in at the flag with. Those S2 wedges are another classic shape and perform beautifully if the grinds work for you. Going with just the 2 specialty wedge options makes green-side decision making easier for you, as you also noted above, and I bet you're another who likes knocking his 58* around for as many shots as possible. Gotta admit that I'm impressed by guys that have the speed and touch to effectively game the C-Tapers in their wedges.

Putter is a classic and I love the white hot insert. Playing it at 33" makes me think you like getting out over the ball to line putts up and are probably right-eye dominant. Nothing at all wrong with white hots, but that you're using that over one of the new offerings makes me think it might be the strongest part of your game. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That putter insert combined with the Chrome Soft feels like you're rolling a little ball of butter it's so soft and that's what you like most about it - I'm in the same camp. Blue Mizuno bag and Clic-Gear push cart just tie out the theme of the entire set-up.

I'd guess you're somewhere from 27-32 years old with a pretty well rounded game (indicated by your hcp) that's developed from playing courses with some variety of both parkland and links in the mid-west over the last 10 years or so. Definitely a neat & fun bag; let me know if I got close on guessing any parts correctly.

Would love to hear thoughts on first impression of my Sunday Bag/Off Season Set-up:

Callaway XR16 SubZero set at 9.5* on an Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited Black "one-off" 70g 05 flex, plays at 44.25"

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 set at 16.0* on an Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited 70g 05 flex, plays at 42.0"

Edel CB Black Slate "FOUR" iron at 23* with KBS Tour Prototype Hybrid 95X, plays at 39.0"

Edel CB Black Slate Irons "SIX, EIGHT & TEN" (Lofts from 31* to 47*) with KBS C-Taper S120 Shafts

Edel wedges in Black Slate at 55 & 63 Degrees with KBS HiRev 2.0 Shafts

Edel E-3 Matte Raw Torque Balanced Putter 33" + 80g Tour Lock Opti-vibe, BestGrips Rancher Leather Pistol Grip

Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

Bag: Belding American Heritage Carry

I'll take a crack at your bag, Groach, as it appeases my OCD with all the matching and coordination you have going on.

Driver, fairway and hybrid all in the same bright blue model spec with the same shaft profile would indicate A) You've got a thing for the color blue and B) This is clearly a Mizzy line that works for you with that shaft combo. The club gaps are interesting though too. If you've got the hybrid at 22*, then perhaps the 5 wood is set-up to play a bit strong at something like 17*? Effectively making it more of a 4 wood? But those are bonded hosels you can't adjust, right? So maybe you've just got one with a hot face that makes it easier to get close to those par 5's in two and have a go at attacking pins on long par 4's with confidence? Or was it more about usability and versatility off the deck? I'm going to assume its the last and figure you know how to plot and plan your way around the course. Most randoms I get paired with just have the arbitrary 3 wood stuffed in their bag because they feel they "should". A quick glance down at the rest of your bag would have me wondering for a moment at the flex selection of the longer clubs - as in going stiff flex for those, but X-stiff C-Tapers in the irons and the wedges. Would bet that the first couple tee shots explain that away though. I imagine you have a smoother swing and transition while using the hybrid and up that produces a tidy, high draw. Normal carry off the tee is probably around 255 yards with driver as a guess and you feel more confident using the hybrid as a safety club than you do the 5 wood for tight tee shots.

Mizuno continues through the next part of the bag with the great pocket/split cavity mp25s for irons and more of the blue theme with the S2 wedges. Those irons feel as good and soft as any other offering Mizzy has ever produced in my opinion without all the mental pressure of having to flush each and every shot the way you would with a traditional blade. Neat and classic looking shape, minimal offset, nice top-line... whole package in an iron right there. Shafted up with the C-Tapers in extra stiff would indicate you can put some juice on the ball too. I'd wager you struggled with shots ballooning in the past and just getting eaten in the wind and the C-Tapers are what finally helped fix it. Since you probably like flighting the ball lower, the 8 iron down are probably some of your favorite clubs and ones that you feel confident throwing little darts in at the flag with. Those S2 wedges are another classic shape and perform beautifully if the grinds work for you. Going with just the 2 specialty wedge options makes green-side decision making easier for you, as you also noted above, and I bet you're another who likes knocking his 58* around for as many shots as possible. Gotta admit that I'm impressed by guys that have the speed and touch to effectively game the C-Tapers in their wedges.

Putter is a classic and I love the white hot insert. Playing it at 33" makes me think you like getting out over the ball to line putts up and are probably right-eye dominant. Nothing at all wrong with white hots, but that you're using that over one of the new offerings makes me think it might be the strongest part of your game. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That putter insert combined with the Chrome Soft feels like you're rolling a little ball of butter it's so soft and that's what you like most about it - I'm in the same camp. Blue Mizuno bag and Clic-Gear push cart just tie out the theme of the entire set-up.

I'd guess you're somewhere from 27-32 years old with a pretty well rounded game (indicated by your hcp) that's developed from playing courses with some variety of both parkland and links in the mid-west over the last 10 years or so. Definitely a neat & fun bag; let me know if I got close on guessing any parts correctly.

Man, not a bad stab at this overall. I do carry around 255 most days and my 5 wood is set to a 4 wood, thus a gap between my driver and hybrid. I don't play many courses were I need to be 250-265 off the tee or into the green for a 2nd shot. So my 5 wood is a perfect 230 club if I'm on a short par 4 or I want to get closer on a long par 5. You also nailed my shot - it's a high baby draw.

My irons were fitted with those shafts because I do have a very high ball flight and these help keep it down, keep the dispersion tight, and even gave me a little more length from the S300. I decided to stick with that shaft in the wedges because it was a free upgrade anyways so I figured why not. I'm an OK wedge player, but not great by any means. My strength is the driver and chipping close around the greens. I still have a lot of work to do from 40-100 yds out.

The putter is my worst club and after gaming a Scotty and a Bettinardi because I thought I should, I finally got a putter fitting and decided to stop fighting the feel and results. I suspect I've got another stroke or two coming my way this summer.

I'm 38 and just took up golf when I turned 30. I've gone from my very first round and putting up a 132, and now I'm in the 77-82 range most of the time. I've yet to shoot par and my goal for 2018 is to shoot par 3 times and get my handicap down to 3.

Judge me.

Driver - Adams 9015d Prototype 10.5* W/ Matrix F7M2

Fairway - Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 16.5* W/ Matrix F7M2 Prototype

Hybrid - Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 22* Hybrid W/ Black Tie (this one might get replaced with a Wilson FG Tour 4u)

Irons - Ping I25 5-UW W/ Matrix Program 95

Wedges - Ping Tour Gorge 54* + 58* W/ Steelfiber 110

Putter - Scotty Cameron Detour 2 Custom Spry-Evo Copper Insert 34" (Poor Man's Buttonback)

Bag - Honma Mini Staff

Ball - Taylormade RBZ Urethane

Glove - Most of the time it is FJ WeatherSof, but I do have several Nike gloves I haven't broken out yet

Shoes - Nike FI Bermuda or Nike TW 14 Mesh

Callaway Rogue SZ 10.5* W/ Matrix F7M2
Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 16.5* W/ Matrix F7M2 Proto

Adams Super LS 19* W/ Kuro Kage 80
Royal Collection Tour VS 5-PW W/ Aldila RIP Tour 115
Taylormade RAC Satin 50 + 54 W/ Aldila RIP Tour 115
MaxFli CrossBax 3.0 (#9 Style)
Bag - Honma Mini Staff
Ball - Taylormade RBZ Urethane

I’ll give this a go.

Driver- XR w/ Rogue Max I/0 s (next time out will be an Epic w/ Atmos Blue s)

3 wood - XR w/ Whiteboard

3 hybrid - 8!yr old TM Burner

Irons - Mizuno MP-4 w/ PX 5.5 shafts (3-P)

Wedges - Cobra King 52* (bent to 51) & 56

Scotty - Futura X5M

Callaway Chrome Soft

Jones Bag with Chambers Bay, Olympic Club, Bandon Dunes, Trails hardcovers

All clubs have +4 MCC grips Woods - grey, irons -red, wedges- orange.

What makes this hard is the fact that people give us all these specs. You don’t really know if someone has what’s under the headcover or what shafts are really on the bag. I look at these as more generic assessments.

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig