3 Wood - Taylormade Jetspeed

3 and 4 Hybrid - Taylormade Jetspeed

6 iron - Taylormade M2

6-PW - Square Two Onyx

56* and 60* - Cleveland CG10

60* - Ben Hogan Riviera

Putter - Ping USA Anser

Ball - Taylormade Project a

I'll revive this thread since it's hilarious to read through.

A JPX 850 driver? You have a penchant for shiny blue things, so that probably caught your eye first... but the... ahem... bottom that looks like a female sex organ really sealed the deal and you probably scored a good price on it as well.

As for the jetspeeds, you either have a severe allergy to adjustable woods... or wanted something that launched a bit higher... so medium handicap maybe? You carry two 6 irons, because that's what real golfers do. For your sake, I hope you're using that M2 as a 5 iron/UDI since it definitely goes longer than those Square Two's. Speaking of which, I haven't seen a Square Two Onyx and Google gives me nothing. That means you've either had them before the internet was invented, or you found them at Play it Again Sports... Not that there's anything wrong with that.

CG10s mean you've got good taste in wedges and probably a decent short game. Two 60 degree wedges mean that you like flop shots so much, that you carry another one... just in case. Ping Anser is a classic, so you're probably a feel putter. Taylormade Project a just means you know how to search for value, cause that ball is fantastic for the money.

Taylormade M1 460 9.5* HZRDUS Black 65g 6.5
Taylormade M1 Fairway 15* Fujikura Evolution II 757 X-Stiff
Taylormade Rescue Dual TP 19* KBS Graphite Hybrid Prototype 95x
Miura CB-1008 w/ Nippon Pro Modus3 120 X-Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM7 50*,54* and 58* w/ Nippon Wedge 125
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

R11S painted black, Oban Kiyoshi Purple 4 10.5 playing at 44"

Callaway XR 15 standard shaft stiff

Callaway XR 4hy standard stiff shaft

4-PW 714 AP2 sole grind on every one by Edel (long story) 1/2" short, 2 deg flat KBS Tour stiff

Taylormade Tour Preferred 51* bent to 51* gap

Edel 54*

Edel 58*

Edel Torque Balanced

Callaway Chrome Soft X White and Soccer Ball

Illiac driver headcover beat to piss and faded (3 years old)

Rocket Tour 3w and Hy covers with holes in them and faded (3 years old)

Desert Camo towel from Pauite in LV

Sun Mountain Five Four bag

In search of solid contact...

I like golf because I do not have to compete with anyone. Of course, I am of God through, so I can see the inequity in certain people. I just turn the other cheek.

Cleveland Launcher XL2 Driver 

Cleveland Halo XL Hy-woods

Cleveland Halo XL Hybrids

Srixon ZX4 MK II Irons 6 - P

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 4 - 48, 51, 54

Cleveland HB soft 8 putter 

Srixon Q Star Tour 

Here we go, I would love to see what you guys think about me from my clubs haha.

Taylormade M1 9.5 w/ Mitsubishi KURO KAGE Silver with TiNi 70X

Titleist 915 3+ wood w/ Diamana White Board 80X

Taylormade Psi Tour 3 iron w/ KBS C-Taper X130 (from old set)

Titleist 716 MBs 4-PW w/ Project X LZ 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58 w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Taylormade Tour Spider (Black)

College team bag (Ping)

Here we go, I would love to see what you guys think about me from my clubs haha.

Taylormade M1 9.5 w/ Mitsubishi KURO KAGE Silver with TiNi 70X

Titleist 915 3+ wood w/ Diamana White Board 80X

Taylormade Psi Tour 3 iron w/ KBS C-Taper X130 (from old set)

Titleist 716 MBs 4-PW w/ Project X LZ 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58 w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Taylormade Tour Spider (Black)

College team bag (Ping)

I dig your setup man - so I'll give my take on it.

Driver: You're a high swing speed, long ball hitter. You are one of the few people that may actually understand why the TiNi wires in the tip section of the KuroKage is an important feature. You consistently poke the ball past 300, and probably have won a few "long drive" flag prizes in tournaments.

3-wood: You love this as a dual purpose club. It's a monster off the tee box for those days when finding the fairway is a must, or for shorter par 4's when you want the right number into the green. It's a 3+ with a lower launch heavy shaft, so I'm guessing you have no issues elevating it off the deck. You're clearly a bigger, stronger player.

3 iron: This seems like an odd choice, but it must just work for you. You've taken what's traditionally a players iron, and used it as a long iron. Just another nod to your ball striking abilities. It was likely a nice surprise from your 3-PW PSi Tour set that you figured you'd keep around since it's tough to find a 3 iron that's loyal to you.

4-PW: I mean c'mon, what do I need to say? it's frickin Titleist MB's. You're a player. I'm guessing you have the full arsenal of shots (high draw, high fade, low cut, straight ball, etc.) and if need be, you can ball strike a course into submission. Love the LZ 6.5's also, it's what I play.

Wedges: Not sure on grinds, but I'm sure they're well thought out based on courses you play and your swing. Gapping is what I would expect, especially with a traditionally lofted PW in your MB set. Slightly softer flex shafts w/ the same feel is a smart move.

Putter: Part of me expected a cult classic Scotty like a Button Back or Studio Style Newport - but that Spider just puts such a sweet roll on the ball that there's no getting around it. Plus it evens the equation with Titleist getting 3 sections of the bag, and Taylormade getting 3 sections :)

As for the bag, it basically tells the story I've been getting at all along. It's a college team bag - so you are or were a top level collegiate golfer. I wouldn't want to run into you in a match play tourney, as I'm sure I'd have my hands full. Sweet overall setup for sure!

Let's hear it...

Taylormade M2 v2 9.5 w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX

Taylormade M2 Tour 15* w/ Tensei CK Pro White 80TX

Titleist 712u 3i w/ Nippon Modus3 130X

Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-7 w/ Project X LZ 6.5

Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 8-PW w/ Project X LZ 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM6 52* F w/ DG Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM4 56/60 w/ DG Wedge

Taylormade Spider Tour Black

Taylormade TP5

Nike Sport Hybrid Stand Bag

Let's hear it...

Taylormade TP5

I stopped following this thread because so many people weren’t following the rules and just posted their own bag, but I happened upon it and recognized Bomber’s name, so …

You’re clearly a long hitter based on your user name, profile picture of DJ, tour stiff shafts in your driver and 3-wood, and one-fairway wood, four-wedge setup.

Despite your length, you have a thoughtful approach to golf based on your 3-iron not matching the rest and your blended JPX set. Similarly, you only hit your driver 2-6 times per round and occasionally reach a par 5 in two with less than driver.

You’re a righty for sure because you have the M2 Tour 3-wood and JPX 900 Tours.

Your gap wedge doesn’t match your sand and lob wedges, so you’ve recently benefited from some added length and replaced your 5-wood with the 52.

Putting is the weakest part of your game, but you’ve found something that works and are turning it around.

You’re 6-2, 190 and in your late twenties or early thirties.

WITB

TaylorMade M5 (10.5) Graphite Design Tour AD GP 6 S

Callaway Rogue ST MAX (15) Graphite Design Tour AD F-75 S

Ping G425 (19) Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro Orange Hybrid 80 S

Mizuno MP-53 (4-PW, 22-46) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Titleist Vokey SM9 (50.12 F, 54.10 S @ 55, 60.10 S) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Edel McKenzie (35)

Let's hear it...

Taylormade TP5

I stopped following this thread because so many people weren’t following the rules and just posted their own bag, but I happened upon it and recognized Bomber’s name, so …

You’re clearly a long hitter based on your user name, profile picture of DJ, tour stiff shafts in your driver and 3-wood, and one-fairway wood, four-wedge setup.

Despite your length, you have a thoughtful approach to golf based on your 3-iron not matching the rest and your blended JPX set. Similarly, you only hit your driver 2-6 times per round and occasionally reach a par 5 in two with less than driver.

Your gap wedge doesn’t match your sand and lob wedges, so you’ve recently benefited from some added length and replaced your 5-wood with the 52.

Putting is the weakest part of your game, but you’ve found something that works and are turning it around.

Pretty dang good!!

Actually had a yearly physical yesterday and measured 6'2" and 193 lbs lol - and I'm 27 years old....damn that's spot on!

Putting is definitely weakest part of my game - you were spot on there as well.

Let's hear it...

Taylormade TP5

Pretty dang good!!

Actually had a yearly physical yesterday and measured 6'2" and 193 lbs lol - and I'm 27 years old....damn that's spot on!

Putting is definitely weakest part of my game - you were spot on there as well.

It is funny how a TaylorMade Spider screams perceived putting issues. Even when used by the very best players in the game. But there it is. Well done JB!

Why not get judged tonight? :)

Driver - Mizuno JPX 850

3 Wood - Taylormade Jetspeed

3 and 4 Hybrid - Taylormade Jetspeed

6 iron - Taylormade M2

6-PW - Square Two Onyx

56* and 60* - Cleveland CG10

60* - Ben Hogan Riviera

Putter - Ping USA Anser

Ball - Taylormade Project a

I'll revive this thread since it's hilarious to read through.

A JPX 850 driver? You have a penchant for shiny blue things, so that probably caught your eye first... but the... ahem... bottom that looks like a female sex organ really sealed the deal and you probably scored a good price on it as well.

As for the jetspeeds, you either have a severe allergy to adjustable woods... or wanted something that launched a bit higher... so medium handicap maybe? You carry two 6 irons, because that's what real golfers do. For your sake, I hope you're using that M2 as a 5 iron/UDI since it definitely goes longer than those Square Two's. Speaking of which, I haven't seen a Square Two Onyx and Google gives me nothing. That means you've either had them before the internet was invented, or you found them at Play it Again Sports... Not that there's anything wrong with that.

CG10s mean you've got good taste in wedges and probably a decent short game. Two 60 degree wedges mean that you like flop shots so much, that you carry another one... just in case. Ping Anser is a classic, so you're probably a feel putter. Taylormade Project a just means you know how to search for value, cause that ball is fantastic for the money.

You were honestly money... JPX driver I got a cheap price, gave it a shot, and fell in love with it. The black face with the blue is beautiful.

The Jetspeed woods was also another budget golf purchase. Got the 3 wood for $50 and it is a bomber. Figured I would give the hybrids a shot as I got the 3 for $40 and the 4 for $14... I carry a 7 handicap, so it was a good guess.

Yes, I use the M2 6 iron as a UDI. It plays well from about 200 for me so it gaps perfectly. Also a plus that taylormade sent it to me for free when they sent out those tests irons. The Square Two's are a set my father bought me when I was about 12. Have not had the chance to upgrade due to money and living on a college budget. I know they cant be found on the internet.. trust me i have tried digging for any information on them at all and cant find a lick.

The CG10's are fantastic. I really have a 52* and a 56* in those, I just made a typo. I only carry one 60*. But you were right, my short game from 100 in saves me the most strokes.

The Ping Anser is by far my favorite putter I have ever tried. The feel off of it is phenomenal. Tried the Project a's once and have not looked back since they came out. Great ball for the price.

As you can see I am a budget golfer. I have one year left of college and plan on upgrading my irons once I get a real job, but feel more than content with the bag I have put together so far. The irons are the only change I want to make.

Thanks for judging me... and doing such a fantastic job at it!

Good Day Sir!

I haven't submitted my bag in 5 years, so I guess I can now

Ping g30 10.5

Ping g tour 17.5

Ping g25 20* hybrid

Ping eye 2 4-S becu

nome

Welp, how's it going HoosierHacker? I'm guessing the '89 is the year you graduated high school. Why? This set of clubs is perfect for an 46 year old guy. Of course you played in high school just little. When you were not playing short stop for the local pony team. Your love of ping clubs started way back then with your first Wilson TPA putter. What? A cheap Wilson? We have to dream of owning Ping before we actually do. I can't believe you finally traded your Ping Pal that you wanted so much for a NOME. Well, yes I can. Even Tom Watson isn't using that Ping Pal anymore. After all, we do want to play the best golf we can don't we? And for you, well, I'm going to guess that is in the mid 80s. A round in the 70's in never out of the question, but when that happens, it is thanks to that wonderful Ping driver and hybrid. I personally like the 4-wood the most, but lets face it, it is only there because during the last set of upgrades 10 years ago, the G5 3-wood is just not making it above the lowest level of branches these days. And you're too smart to use equipment that doesn't actually work. I mean the Ping Eye 2 two, three, and LW clubs are in your possession, but who needs to chunk anymore LW shots than actually necessary? Yeah, me neither.

These Ping Eye 2 BECU clubs are awesome. After getting tired of the old G5 irons it was going to be the Ping G15. But those things are really huge. And while not the best golfer, once you've seen BECU Ping eye 2's, they won't leave the mind till you buy them. So you did. Off E-bay. Even sent them back to Ping to have them refinished, re gripped, and bent down to your 1* flat lie. Yes, only red dots for a Hoosier. It really is amazing how much you love Ping. Willing to use them even though they chose this silly blue color scheme. Why can't them make them Red?!? Paint fill? Nah, they're just golf clubs. You didn't mention your bag or or your golf ball. I'm guessing Ping Hoofer. Well, not anymore. That was your last bag. Now it is Ping Traverse resting on a Clicgear cart. And the ball, Callaway Supersoft, purchased in bulk from Costco. Forget the K-sig hype, who needs it?

Enjoy those last few weeks of great golf weather! And be happy it is almost College Football season again!

ok, jslane, nice. Give an ole timer a go on his bag :)

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

You mean I get to try at your bag? or let someone have a try at my bag? If your bag, I'm sorry, I can't see sigs when playing on the iphone. Post it and I'll be happy to give it a go. But here is my bag is someone wants to have some fun on my behalf, after all, turn about is fair play (of course this bag is completely subject to change, but this has been mostly the one for a month or so):

Taylormade RBZ bonded 9.5*

Ping G5 strong 3-wood 13*

Wilson Deep Red Tour irons 2-PW

Adams Tom Watson 52,56

Ping Zing 5

Adidas stand bag (course logo on ball pocket)

Wilson Duo Spin Ball

I haven't submitted my bag in 5 years, so I guess I can now

Ping g30 10.5

Ping g tour 17.5

Ping g25 20* hybrid

Ping eye 2 4-S becu

nome

Welp, how's it going HoosierHacker? I'm guessing the '89 is the year you graduated high school. Why? This set of clubs is perfect for an 46 year old guy. Of course you played in high school just little. When you were not playing short stop for the local pony team. Your love of ping clubs started way back then with your first Wilson TPA putter. What? A cheap Wilson? We have to dream of owning Ping before we actually do. I can't believe you finally traded your Ping Pal that you wanted so much for a NOME. Well, yes I can. Even Tom Watson isn't using that Ping Pal anymore. After all, we do want to play the best golf we can don't we? And for you, well, I'm going to guess that is in the mid 80s. A round in the 70's in never out of the question, but when that happens, it is thanks to that wonderful Ping driver and hybrid. I personally like the 4-wood the most, but lets face it, it is only there because during the last set of upgrades 10 years ago, the G5 3-wood is just not making it above the lowest level of branches these days. And you're too smart to use equipment that doesn't actually work. I mean the Ping Eye 2 two, three, and LW clubs are in your possession, but who needs to chunk anymore LW shots than actually necessary? Yeah, me neither.

These Ping Eye 2 BECU clubs are awesome. After getting tired of the old G5 irons it was going to be the Ping G15. But those things are really huge. And while not the best golfer, once you've seen BECU Ping eye 2's, they won't leave the mind till you buy them. So you did. Off E-bay. Even sent them back to Ping to have them refinished, re gripped, and bent down to your 1* flat lie. Yes, only red dots for a Hoosier. It really is amazing how much you love Ping. Willing to use them even though they chose this silly blue color scheme. Why can't them make them Red?!? Paint fill? Nah, they're just golf clubs. You didn't mention your bag or or your golf ball. I'm guessing Ping Hoofer. Well, not anymore. That was your last bag. Now it is Ping Traverse resting on a Clicgear cart. And the ball, Callaway Supersoft, purchased in bulk from Costco. Forget the K-sig hype, who needs it?

Enjoy those last few weeks of great golf weather! And be happy it is almost College Football season again!

While I thoroughly enjoyed the read. its way off haha! 89 is the year I was born. I am 28, so my irons are older than I am. I am madly in love with the Becu irons, and have always wanted a set. I finally found a screaming deal on ebay. I am an Irish fan all the way, so IU can go slide down a cactus. my 4 wood is a great club, and I hit it often. I have a titleist bag actually, but it is gold and navy to match my love for ND. I can shoot 75 to 95 on any given day, and lately have been trending toward the lower numbers. I don't use a lob wedge because that sand wedge is 57.7 degrees, and I don't see the point to have a 61* wedge. my driver can be my best friend or worst enemy. I used a ping redwood anser for a long time, but the lure of the nome finally drew me in. I love vintage clubs, and nothing looks sexier than those irons.

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

Titleist 913 8.5 fuji motore speeder ts 7.2x - pink sock headcover

Adams 13 xtd super fairway fuji rombax 7v05 - no headcover

King utility set to 18 nunchuk

adams 9031 21* Matrix x

bridgestone raw j36 cbs 5-pw x100

Cleveland 588 51 and 54

Vokey raw 58

Duval Cameron

ProV1x

white ping staff bag

go for it.

8.5 g400 lst atmos black 6s (set at 9.2)
16 cally 816 rombax 7w06s (set at 15n)
19 adams xtd atmos blue 8s

4 tm790 modus3 130s

6-8 tm760 modus3 130s

9-p mp20 modus3 130s
50, 54 cobra mim modus3 130s
58 14K sm9 modus 125s

61 scratch sti lbe dg spinner + 
hex t bb0 or spider x chalk

You mean I get to try at your bag? or let someone have a try at my bag? If your bag, I'm sorry, I can't see sigs when playing on the iphone. Post it and I'll be happy to give it a go. But here is my bag is someone wants to have some fun on my behalf, after all, turn about is fair play (of course this bag is completely subject to change, but this has been mostly the one for a month or so):

Adams Tom Watson 52,56

Ping Zing 5

Wilson Duo Spin Ball

No worries...here we go jslane...

Gamer: Callaway Epic SubZero, 9* Fujikura Limited Edition 17/150 "Masters" ATMOS 6X, finished length 44.25" D3.5, -1 and D setting

Ping G30 3 wood 14.5 TFC shaft, finished length 41"

Tommy Armour 855s Silver Scott 1 iron, 16* TT S300 stiff shaft

Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite stiff shaft

Ping 2012 Anser 4-PW KBS Tour 120 stiff shafts

Cleveland Cavity Back RTX-3 50* wedge

Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge

Directed Force Reno Putter

Bridgestone E6 Speed / Tour B330

Ogio Silencer stand bag

Swing: PPGS, a Surgite

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

Do you dance to swing music, or are you playing the blues? Just like his name, SwingBlues golf game can thread the line between the two. He loves the classic golf clubs from his hey day (like when he was 30 and took up the game thanks to his brother-in-law) , but he is no fool. Clubs do matter. We’re not talking buying a game, were talking just an edge here or there. And with the technology of today, one can tune his gear like B.B. King tuned his guitar. Of course you know who B.B. King is!

So if you’re going to put your money where your mouth is, the driver and the putter are the places to start. Can you say, “Callaway Epic SubZero, 9* Fujikura Limited Edition 17/150 "Masters" ATMOS 6X, finished length 44.25" D3.5, -1 and D setting”? What, that’s a draw setting? Step off, it hits the baby fade with the best of them. The Directed Force Reno Putter. Wow! Technology at it’s finest. And it can be used as a bottle opener after your buddy pulls out that Coor’s light. LOL. So, does this perfectly balanced putter do what it is supposed to do? Just watch B.B. King bob his head. Uh huh. Even though this club graces the bag, SB keeps his Ping Answer and his Wilson 8802 in the living room to roll putts on the shag while the wife watches those shows on flipping houses and walking down the runway.

With the swing out of the way, how about the blues. Tommy Armour 855s Silver Scott 1 iron. Not even God can hit a 1-iron said Lee Trevino. Well don’t make such a dare to SB. SB can hit this at the range. When bragging to a golf buddy. Once in a while. Or under the trees on his home course. Most folks use their 4-iron for such punch shots these days, but this 1990’s throwback does the job perfectly.

The Ping Anser irons. And interesting choice. Not a bad set of clubs by any stretch, but not one to make waves either. The hype for this set was bigger than the clubs themselves, but no worries, the clubs just do their job. The middle part of the bag is like the middle part of a round of golf, let’s not make any poor decisions here. Knowing deep down that this club does what it should, it will stay put for another year or two, after all, they were a gift celebrating 30 years of marriage. You’ve made some good decisions in life SB, and They've paid off handsomely.

Now, lets talk about this OGIO bag and this Nike wedge. Neither are all that amazing. But one doesn’t have so many choices left when making sure that every part of the bag is a zero repeat. As in no repeats in brand. Well, the 3-wood bends this rule, but we can overlook it as it is just a performer. Besides, the custom head cover doesn’t give it away. The bag. Yup, no club brand. I like this. SB can change clubs at any time and not a single friend will notice. Scrap that, his friends do notice, but the wife won’t. The ball fits this bill as well. I wonder if Titleist makes a good 3-wood these days? Hmm…

I love that you’ve also given us your swing thoughts. This is really nothing that mind boggling, just solid moves through the ball. The thing that got you hooked was the the idea of leaving the bifocals at home. Yup, a set of golfing glasses and the ball started flying again. Isn’t amazing how many folks golf with these bifocals and then just think they’re getting old? Nope, you got to be able to turn don’t you. Er..let gravity...

I went on and on a little, but SwingBlues gives the best descriptions in this thread and deserves a little extra time. Did this description even give a description? I’d guess Retired music teacher. Plays trumpet still with a few guys when the chance arises. 7 HCP these days. Loves golf, but has other hobbies as well. Like what? Oh, maybe cycling. Triathlons maybe? Not anymore. Go Play!

jslane - you are GOOD my friend. My hat is off to you, sir. Thank you for your time in such indepth analysis and thought.

First up, yes, I use to play the trumpet, professional orchestral band but that was long ago. I won't even ask how you got that one since I've never announced this anywhere on the net - BINGO big time. Still have my Bach in the closet.

Damn right about the wifey, this is my hobby and but she does notice the accumulation of the clubs including some 8802s, Arm Lock putters and ole wedges lying around. The wedges are actually the most valuable club in the bag. The 52 is a stinger from under 100 and the Toe Sweep, super low bounce is wonderful off the tight lies, never ever chiili dip this beauty and the rawness of the face keeps it real in the feel department. Its a pity Nike went you of biz but I've stocked up on these Toe Sweep.

Now for the correction - the 855 was interesting to me. I started with the 2 iron, hit the snort out of it until I replaced it with the UDI. So the 1 iron UDI was unattainable (have you seen the ludicrous prices on these irons?) so I attained the 1 iron 855. Now, I use that as a 3 wood replacement, guaranteed to sting it low and toward the green for the Par 5s. I am leaning more towards moving out the 3 wood from the bag since I have so much better contact with the 1 iron. The 3 wood has always been a hit-n-miss for me, the G30 helps but its still there.

Anser, I luv them. Stupid prices at the start but I got these pre-owned. I had the RSi2 to try and replace them but I had 3 irons with a collapsed face so it back to the Anser. Then I tried the Hot Metals which was good but not as accurate as the Anser so its back to the Anser. Looks like her and I are stuck.

Now for the MISS - the bifocals, never had them, it was 2 years ago that I MAN UP to go finally go see my doctor about my eyes and get a prescription. I got sick and tired of losing the balls in the stupid LA smog skyline after belting one. When 1st used my prescription sunnies, it was like the whole golf course was in High Definition. My Lord, happy times were here again. No more fuzzy balls...or fuzzy flags.

Now this year, I've gone from a 3.3 to 9.2 so a 7 is about right, it all depends on how the driver behaves and so far, the cap is going down, down, down. Best driver combo.

So...Life is good again, love the bag, the game and all the intrigues of it, good and bad.

Excellent read jslane, very impressed with your calls.

35525237444_4ec181535b_z.jpg

Adams Tom Watson 52,56

Ping Zing 5

Wilson Duo Spin Ball

In this day & age of "Latest is Greatest", "15 more yards", "Jailbreak" and if every single poster was a jslane1,000,000,000 - all the OEM golfing companies would be bankrupt. They would be broke from zero sales, unattainable sale figures because js does not change equipment on a whim. And if he does it had better be a light year ahead of what it is replacing & MUST be of great value.

Js is a guy very astute with his money. Lived or comes from a family where very penny was cherish and not used as a ball marker. His golfing reflects how he lives in real life.

Not a risk or bomb'n'gouge player, his play off the tee is conservative & high percentage. His RBZ bonded driver is $$$ and RocketBallz long enough for him. The RBZ has wear mark on the toe side high from consistent driving skills. Not super long but Mr.Average but he's happy like that...but sometimes, the driver is not his go to club.

His Ping G5 is the wingman of the driver, sometimes the wingman gets the job done when the risk is high. Both his driver & 3 wood is about the long swing & feel, it's never about the "less than 2000 rpm, AOA, toe side high" or other techo WRXOriented-club-fitter-wannabe specs. Doesn't matter if the shaft in Js's RBZ is a water downed Fujikura or whatever, Js only cares about how great the combo feels, the less $$$ the better. He doesn't cry n whine about any "water downed" like most hardcore WRX whiners.

His iron of choice is also bargain set, but don't be fooled, There's a 2 iron there that will chew any udi, for Js is a great iron player but this set is due for a replacement. I think a nice FG tour could be next. My sense is that it will be a Wilson. I think he luv Wilson from when he was young & watching the runs of "Shell Wonderful World of Golf". Deep down, he would rather watch those than Sandler "Happy Gilmore"

I think the Watson wedges truly reflect how Js sees the equipment world. WRXers would scoff at those wedges & drool all over the Vokey wedges. Js would lol at them, don't even bring up those $2,000 JP wedges.... ah a fool & his money is easily parted. I think, he thinks like me, a sign of a good wedge player is the bare basic wedges he carries. I know, I know all WRXers have been conditioned to think ala-Mickleson, you need 4 wedges to be "deemed" a great wedge player.

Js knows how to work his wedges, open them up when necessary, like the old time classic players. If we all did this, Callaway/Vokey goes bust, Roger Cleveland flipping burgers instead of retiring in Bermuda.

The stand bag & "course logo" is interesting. I think this bag says more about the course he loves to play, his favorite, than the bag itself.

Js is all about percentages, I don't even need to say it, low single cap... wont dazzle u with his bag but when u look at his bag & him, you'll fall hook, line & sinker to play him for $$$. Js won't dazzle you with 300 bombs or a 64* wedge flop but his round will be so innocuous, you won't notice anything until the end after the 18th & YOU pay up.... Congratulations for being the frog in a science experiment of "turning up the heat", you just got boiled...

Having Js read my bag is an honor. Js's bag is the complete polar opposite to my bag but I think the difference is the different world views between Js & me. I am lucky in life so I indulged in my hobby but I still have my TA-2s from 14 years ago. Thanks for the great read Js, hope you enjoyed my read of your bag. I will NOT play u for money:)

Adams Tom Watson 52,56

Ping Zing 5

Wilson Duo Spin Ball

In this day & age of "Latest is Greatest", "15 more yards", "Jailbreak" and if every single poster was a jslane1,000,000,000 - all the OEM golfing companies would be bankrupt. They would be broke from zero sales, unattainable sale figures because js does not change equipment on a whim. And if he does it had better be a light year ahead of what it is replacing & MUST be of great value.

Js is a guy very astute with his money. Lived or comes from a family where very penny was cherish and not used as a ball marker. His golfing reflects how he lives in real life.

Not a risk or bomb'n'gouge player, his play off the tee is conservative & high percentage. His RBZ bonded driver is $$$ and RocketBallz long enough for him. The RBZ has wear mark on the toe side high from consistent driving skills. Not super long but Mr.Average but he's happy like that...but sometimes, the driver is not his go to club.

His Ping G5 is the wingman of the driver, sometimes the wingman gets the job done when the risk is high. Both his driver & 3 wood is about the long swing & feel, it's never about the "less than 2000 rpm, AOA, toe side high" or other techo WRXOriented-club-fitter-wannabe specs. Doesn't matter if the shaft in Js's RBZ is a water downed Fujikura or whatever, Js only cares about how great the combo feels, the less $$$ the better. He doesn't cry n whine about any "water downed" like most hardcore WRX whiners.

His iron of choice is also bargain set, but don't be fooled, There's a 2 iron there that will chew any udi, for Js is a great iron player but this set is due for a replacement. I think a nice FG tour could be next. My sense is that it will be a Wilson. I think he luv Wilson from when he was young & watching the runs of "Shell Wonderful World of Golf". Deep down, he would rather watch those than Sandler "Happy Gilmore"

I think the Watson wedges truly reflect how Js sees the equipment world. WRXers would scoff at those wedges & drool all over the Vokey wedges. Js would lol at them, don't even bring up those $2,000 JP wedges.... ah a fool & his money is easily parted. I think, he thinks like me, a sign of a good wedge player is the bare basic wedges he carries. I know, I know all WRXers have been conditioned to think ala-Mickleson, you need 4 wedges to be "deemed" a great wedge player.

Js knows how to work his wedges, open them up when necessary, like the old time classic players. If we all did this, Callaway/Vokey goes bust, Roger Cleveland flipping burgers instead of retiring in Bermuda.

The stand bag & "course logo" is interesting. I think this bag says more about the course he loves to play, his favorite, than the bag itself.

Js is all about percentages, I don't even need to say it, low single cap... wont dazzle u with his bag but when u look at his bag & him, you'll fall hook, line & sinker to play him for $$$. Js won't dazzle you with 300 bombs or a 64* wedge flop but his round will be so innocuous, you won't notice anything until the end after the 18th & YOU pay up.... Congratulations for being the frog in a science experiment of "turning up the heat", you just got boiled...

Having Js read my bag is an honor. Js's bag is the complete polar opposite to my bag but I think the difference is the different world views between Js & me. I am lucky in life so I indulged in my hobby but I still have my TA-2s from 14 years ago. Thanks for the great read Js, hope you enjoyed my read of your bag. I will NOT play u for money:)

Thanks SwingBlues! Very well done! I've had two seasons (lives) in the world of golf, and you've hit the nail on the head for where I am now. Without boring you, I was a PGA Class A member right out of college. Head golf pro at a couple of public courses, played in all the pro-ams, state opens, and the like. Ran jr. camps, taught lots of lessons, scored corporate tournaments, all the regular stuff. (before the technology booms of video and spin analysis) I have loved Wilson clubs since the first day I ever saw a set of 1984 Fluid Feel irons on the rack at the country club I picked range balls and washed member's clubs as a high school golfer. I saved a couple of paychecks and the pro gave them to me for a great deal. I still have them, and other than a couple sets of Ping irons over the years, Wilson has been my brand of choice. Then comes fatherhood, home ownership, a career change, and my amateur status reinstated. Now I work at a public high school. Have two kids in college, and yes, frugal is the word of the day when it comes to golf as a hobby. I remember buying our house (when I was a golf pro) thinking a lawn mower must be like $1000.00, after all, a driver is $400.00. That is when my eyes were opened to the ridiculous prices in the golf world. No longer do I have club sponsorship or do I get a case of free golf balls a year. Now I buy my equipment used, and I only buy what matches my game. This set of Wilson Deep Red Irons were a steal at the local Play It Again Sports! I would never look up to, or down on folks who spend a ton of cash on golf, golf needs those folks, and I may be there again some day, but this is not that season.

You called my driver/3-wood/2-iron combo very well. I do move the ball out there pretty far, but I am not one who ever figured out how to hit up on the driver. Chasing trackman numbers is folly for me. Bomb and gouge? Not my style. The RBZ has some amazing days, but I tee it low. It is actually the wingman to my first choice, the strong three wood. On my 6300 yard home course, I only hit the driver two or three times max, as the three wood is plenty of club. The 2-iron gets as much time off the tee as the driver. I do enjoy my home course. I like the group of guys I play with more. The logo bag shows both loyalty, and cheapness (LOL) as I used money on the books to buy it.

The wedges. Spot on my friend. These Tom Watson wedges have looked good to my eye since the day they were introduced. A little on the light side, and not much bounce. Perfect. They perform as well as any wedge I've owned. And may be the cheapest of the stash in the attic, I just like them. I own the matching LW, but it has never seen the inside of my golf bag. Hitting a flop shot with a square club face (like you can with a LW) just doesn't fit my eye. I love to open the face and yes, the wedge game is a strong suit.

I do love watching Shell's Wonderful World Of Golf. Really, Happy Gilmore was more a thing my kid's loved. Although the Bob Barker fight scene is cinematic genius! LOL. You want a piece of me Bob?!?

Spot on with the HCP and game too. Today I'm a 4. And trending lower. But summer is almost over and if I get out twice monthly with zero practice over the fall/winter/spring I will be lucky. It's all good. Yes, I play a boring game. Only hit shots I know I can hit. I'm my very best caddie:) I don't play a spin game, bomb and gouge game, or a flop game, but I do very well in match play as my opponents know they won't win a hole with par. And occasionally my putting catches fire.

Thanks for the perfect review SwingBlues! Once again, you killed it!

Left handed..

3 wood, 5 wood, 7 wood, 5 hybrid, 6-pw heirko components. Ping eye 2 pw (51.5 degrees), Trinity golf 56,60 wedge. Ram zebra putter and top Flite D2 red.. and a 9 wood or 4 hybrid or 12 degree mini driver...

And yep, as you guess... I am a e

3.5 handicap...

It is hard being a lefty in today's golf world. Even harder to be a lefty in yesterday's golf world. LOL. Tired of never getting to try out left handed clubs that actually fit, Bellview go the crazy idea to just build his own clubs. And that is exactly what the did. And inch long, with oversize grips, these will work out just fine. The irons look a little like a Callaway and the wedges look like Bellview's favorite Ping Eye 2s. Rather than making a GW, he just purchased a Ping PW off ebay knowing the loft would fit perfectly. Finding a over length PW with a green dot wasn't as hard as he thought it would be, but still, sticking with self made clubs sounds great.

Bellview reads all the latest golf reviews and knows all about equipment of today. Sometimes it is a go, other times, nope. A 9-wood, or an extra hybrid? It doesn't really matter, but who doesn't like to mess around with clubs. With a few drivers leaning up against the wall in the shop, the mini driver has won the day. KZG, TaylorMade, put together in the shop, or purchased with a Gift Card from a birthday, golf is great. The info is sketchy, but I'm guessing the mini-driver is a TaylorMade slider. And it's doing the job right now. Bellview's HCP is kind of sketchy. He say's he is a 3.5 in the post above, but I'm thinking his fingers did a little walking on the iphone. Sorry Bellview, this bag of clubs speaks of a higher HCP, like double digits. The Zebra putter is a classic. I'm putting you at around 50 years old.

Interesting things about Bellview. He wakes up super early on Saturday morning as to be one of the very first players on the course. People snicker when he tells them about his course record. No, not score silly. Speed. 18 holes and done in the time the next group on the course is making the turn. The TopFlite golf ball loves this speed, and the course is really pretty receptive at 6:20 in the AM. Fish On. By noon on a perfect day, Bellview is already had lunch and is at his favorite fishing hole with his buddies. This last paragraph was just for fun, but judging by this bag...

Left handed..

3 wood, 5 wood, 7 wood, 5 hybrid, 6-pw heirko components. Ping eye 2 pw (51.5 degrees), Trinity golf 56,60 wedge. Ram zebra putter and top Flite D2 red.. and a 9 wood or 4 hybrid or 12 degree mini driver...

3.5 handicap...

It is hard being a lefty in today's golf world. Even harder to be a lefty in yesterday's golf world. LOL. Tired of never getting to try out left handed clubs that actually fit, Bellview go the crazy idea to just build his own clubs. And that is exactly what the did. And inch long, with oversize grips, these will work out just fine. The irons look a little like a Callaway and the wedges look like Bellview's favorite Ping Eye 2s. Rather than making a GW, he just purchased a Ping PW off ebay knowing the loft would fit perfectly. Finding a over length PW with a green dot wasn't as hard as he thought it would be, but still, sticking with self made clubs sounds great.

Bellview reads all the latest golf reviews and knows all about equipment of today. Sometimes it is a go, other times, nope. A 9-wood, or an extra hybrid? It doesn't really matter, but who doesn't like to mess around with clubs. With a few drivers leaning up against the wall in the shop, the mini driver has won the day. KZG, TaylorMade, put together in the shop, or purchased with a Gift Card from a birthday, golf is great. The info is sketchy, but I'm guessing the mini-driver is a TaylorMade slider. And it's doing the job right now. Bellview's HCP is kind of sketchy. He say's he is a 3.5 in the post above, but I'm thinking his fingers did a little walking on the iphone. Sorry Bellview, this bag of clubs speaks of a higher HCP, like double digits. The Zebra putter is a classic. I'm putting you at around 50 years old.

Interesting things about Bellview. He wakes up super early on Saturday morning as to be one of the very first players on the course. People snicker when he tells them about his course record. No, not score silly. Speed. 18 holes and done in the time the next group on the course is making the turn. The TopFlite golf ball loves this speed, and the course is really pretty receptive at 6:20 in the AM. Fish On. By noon on a perfect day, Bellview is already had lunch and is at his favorite fishing hole with his buddies. This last paragraph was just for fun, but judging by this bag...

Close, regular grip size, 1/2 inch longer, I do play quick, I am a solid 3.5, do build all my clubs even repair and paint of putter, do play as early as possible, reads non stop and rotates clubs per course and condition...

Left handed..

3.5 handicap...

Close, regular grip size, 1/2 inch longer, I do play quick, I am a solid 3.5, do build all my clubs even repair and paint of putter, do play as early as possible, reads non stop and rotates clubs per course and condition...

And, 44...

New setup

Ping Hoofer carry bag

Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9deg, Aldila Rogue Max 65s

Callaway Epic 5 wood @ 17 deg. T800 65s

Callaway Steelhead XR 3/4 hybrid

Edel Forged Cavity Back irons, 28-50 deg lofts. KBS Tour 90s

Edel Wedges 55/60

Odyssey OWorks 1 putter

Taylormade M6
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
SC Phantom X 5.5

This is interesting..

Driver - Titleist 917 D3 9.5* /Diamana white D+ X-Stiff

3wood - Ping i3 13* w/Harrison Pro 1.8 X-Stiff

Irons 4-pw - Mizuno JPX-900 tour w/KBS C-Taper 130x

Wedges - Mizuno T7 52,58 w/KBS C-Taper 130x soft stepped

Putter - Scotty Cameron Pro-Platinum Newport Mil-Spec

Ball- Titleist Pro V1x

Driver-Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Project X Evenflow White 65 X-Stiff
3W-Titleist TS3 15.75* w/Project X Evenflow white 65 X-Stiff
Mizuno MMC Fli-Hi 3 iron w/KBS C-Taper 130X (bent to 17.5*)
4-PW Mizuno MP-18 MBw/KBS C-Taper 130X
Mizuno T7 52/09 w/KBS C-Taper 130X soft stepped
Mizuno T7 56/10 w/KBS C-Taper 130X soft stepped
Bridgestone Tour B X

This is interesting..

Driver - Titleist 917 D3 9.5* /Diamana white D+ X-Stiff

3wood - Ping i3 13* w/Harrison Pro 1.8 X-Stiff

Irons 4-pw - Mizuno JPX-900 tour w/KBS C-Taper 130x

Wedges - Mizuno T7 52,58 w/KBS C-Taper 130x soft stepped

Putter - Scotty Cameron Pro-Platinum Newport Mil-Spec

Ball- Titleist Pro V1x

Well, I'll give this a shot...

At first glance your setup says great player. You are up to speed with current offerings and judging by the T7 selection, you have tried/demoed more offerings than the average hacker. The fact that your wedges carry the same shaft as your irons, but soft stepped, means you at least KNOW a lot about how golf is supposed to be approached with respect to equipment setup/fit. The i3 throws me off. On one hand, it says, "this guy wants his bag to look cool with an OG stick and no FWs or hybrids, so he probably isn't as good as his bag states he is" and on the other hand, it could mean, "this guy uses what works and likes the look/feel/performance of the i3 and struggles playing woods/hybrids (maybe issues launching consistently or hooking them?). I am going to guess you play very often and play to about a 3-5 HC.

Anywhere close?

Alright, per my sig:

TM '17 M1 460 - PX HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 tipped 1"

Callaway XR16 14* - GD Tour AD DI 8x

Ping Anser 20* 3H - Aldila NV 85x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21* Driving Iron - Aldila NV 85x

Cleveland CG1 Black Pearl (4-PW) - TT Black Gold S

Cleveland RTX 2.0 Tour Raw 54* - KBS Tour 120 S

Callaway MD PM Grind 60* - KBS Tour V

Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.0

What say all you judgmental folk?