MtlJeff

Taylormade M2 ('16) Driver - 10.5* - Kuro Kage Red

Ping Anser 3w - 15* - Ping Tour 80

Srixon U45 2i - 18* - stock stiff

Mizuno MP-H5 3i - C-Taper Lite stiff

Mizuno JPX800 Pro 4-Pw - Project X 6.5 High Launch

Nike Engage 52*, 58*

Nike Origin B2-01

Probably high single digits, good iron player wanting the feel of forged but a little forgiveness. M2 is a bomber for you, but for some reason you hit the anser better. Heavy shafts, likely somewhat younger-mid 30's, high swing speed but looks like slowing a bit, as your newer clubs seem to be lower on stiffness.

Maybe not the best short game, or maybe you are a minimalist for short game work, just two wedges, had them a while and are used to them.

Here's my setup:

PING G LS Fujikura XLR8 51

Callaway XR16 Pro Fujikura XLR8 61

Callaway 19* Hybrid Fujikura Pro Series 73

PING S55 3 iron Recoil 110 F4

PING S55 4-PW KBS C-Taper Lite 110g

Titliest Vokey 54/58 S Grind

PING Vault Anser2

More than likely a low single digit HC, as indicated by your choice of s55's as well as carrying the 3. The recoil in the 3 iron is also a skilled player move that I'm sure allows you to get the balll tossed up in there just that extra little bit so you can hit whatever trajectory window that you prefer to see. Also it would appear as though you either place a premium on speed, have been or are dealing with injuries (likely back), or are older than 35 or so, as all of the shafts you game would fall in to the "Lightweight" category. Probably a Ping loyalist who just happened to have found something that works a little better for you with the XR fairway and the cally hybrid. Overall nice set up that would appeal to a large large group of players and wrx'ers.

Yes, back kills me, lighter shafts have kept me out of the doc's office and on the course. Love that recoil, will likely have my next set fully in them...not yet, not that old and beaten up...yet.

Great read on me...probably just met me somewhere, lol

PING G430 LST 10* Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50S

PING G430 LST 3Wd 16.0* Fujikura XLR8 61

PING iCrossover Ventus Blue HB 7R

PING i525 4-PW Mitsubishi OTi 105 Stiff

Edel 47* TRP/54* DVR/58* DVR KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

PING PLD DZB Proto

Sweet thread:

Bag: Bag Boy Revolver

Driver - G LS Tec 9*- Tour AD DI 6X - 45"

3wood - G 14.5 - 80X - Stock Length

Hybrid 2 - M1 - Fuji Pro X

Irons 4-pw - 4-6 MP-25 & 7-PW MP-5 X100 +1/2

Wedges - Callaway MD3 50* S400, Mizuno T5 54* X100, Callaway MD2 60* Wedgeflex

Putter - 33" Odyssey White Ice #9

Ball - KSig

New to posting, but a long time reader! Seems like a fun thread! My set up:

Driver: Taylor Made SLDRs 10*

3 Wood: Rocketballz Stage 2 Tour Spoon

Hybrid: Taylor Made TP Rescue

Irons: Cleveland 588 Altitude (yes, the hybrid irons)

Wedges: Hopkins cj1

Putter: Ping Redwood

Whoa, very first post! WRX truly has no idea who you are. Awesome. Let me introduce you to the board. LOL.

PCG is 42 years old. He golfed a little in high school, but really he preferred swimming and tennis. While his buddies were out golfing, he was hanging out with the cute lifeguards. Yeah, you do the math. But when he did golf, his dad had a set of clubs for him to use. A nice set for the time. Taylormade woods, Wilson irons, Cleveland Wedges, and a Ping putter. Perfect. Well, the clubs, PCG knew he belonged on the tennis courts, and near the pool.

Fast forward 20 years and PCG is burned out on tennis and is now able to golf. A couple work scrambles got him hooked! Awesome! And his memories of youth afford him with good taste in golf equipment. Only he doesn't trust his talent. No HCP established he thinks he will be a 23 and thinks he needs game improvement clubs. The hybrid irons paint this picture. But they've been purchased and they are Clevelands, so they're here for the time being. The spoon the driver are just nice to look at. And they perform. Smart choices for sure, who cares that the spoon was sneaked out of dad's old stash of clubs. The wedge, wow! See, you are good at golf. Better than your think!

In a year your HCP will be down to a 10. You will have tried 3 other sets of irons, including Mizuno blades that you will get for a good deal on WRX. By post 1000 you will be an expert on many things. Using driver over 3-woods. Why the new set of wedges should not include a 56. Why Jordan is still the best golfer today, but maybe not Tiger Woods just yet. LOL.

Welcome to WRX PCG! And good luck on your golf game...

I'll play. This should be good.

Random Callaway Bag from a raffle.

Callaway XHot Pro 9.5 Tour AD-DI 7x

Cobra Bio Cell Plus 14.5 Stock X Flex

Titleist 585H 17 Pro Force V2 Hybrid 110g X Flex

Powerbuilt 2 iron. (Granddad's)

Taylormade Speedblade 4-PW DG S300

MIzuno T5 50, 54, 58 Black nickel KBS Tour X Flex

Odyssey White hot

Whoa, very first post! WRX truly has no idea who you are. Awesome. Let me introduce you to the board. LOL.

PCG is 42 years old. He golfed a little in high school, but really he preferred swimming and tennis. While his buddies were out golfing, he was hanging out with the cute lifeguards. Yeah, you do the math. But when he did golf, his dad had a set of clubs for him to use. A nice set for the time. Taylormade woods, Wilson irons, Cleveland Wedges, and a Ping putter. Perfect. Well, the clubs, PCG knew he belonged on the tennis courts, and near the pool.

Fast forward 20 years and PCG is burned out on tennis and is now able to golf. A couple work scrambles got him hooked! Awesome! And his memories of youth afford him with good taste in golf equipment. Only he doesn't trust his talent. No HCP established he thinks he will be a 23 and thinks he needs game improvement clubs. The hybrid irons paint this picture. But they've been purchased and they are Clevelands, so they're here for the time being. The spoon the driver are just nice to look at. And they perform. Smart choices for sure, who cares that the spoon was sneaked out of dad's old stash of clubs. The wedge, wow! See, you are good at golf. Better than your think!

In a year your HCP will be down to a 10. You will have tried 3 other sets of irons, including Mizuno blades that you will get for a good deal on WRX. By post 1000 you will be an expert on many things. Using driver over 3-woods. Why the new set of wedges should not include a 56. Why Jordan is still the best golfer today, but maybe not Tiger Woods just yet. LOL.

Great stuff! Somehow you actually guessed my age dead on! But you are a little off on my golf talents!

Why not give it a shot.

Driver - Cobra LTD 9.5 - HZR Yellow 6.5

3 wood - Cobra LTD 14.5 - Tour AD DI 7X

3 iron - Srixon U65

4-PW Edel SLS-01 - 7 iron length

50 - Glide 2.0 - PX 6.0

54 - Glide 2.0 - PX 6.0

57 - Edel Driver grind - Kbs Tour

Wedges are the same length - 35.25 and same swing weight D3

Ball - Bridgestone B330

lol, hilarious, well done mate :)

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

I'll play. This should be good.

Random Callaway Bag from a raffle.

Callaway XHot Pro 9.5 Tour AD-DI 7x

Cobra Bio Cell Plus 14.5 Stock X Flex

Titleist 585H 17 Pro Force V2 Hybrid 110g X Flex

Powerbuilt 2 iron. (Granddad's)

Taylormade Speedblade 4-PW DG S300

MIzuno T5 50, 54, 58 Black nickel KBS Tour X Flex

Odyssey White hot

Santa, is that you? SC does stand for Scott Calvin doesn't it? Or maybe Scotty Cameron. Nope, you've got an Odyssey Putter. Hmm. I like this set. I especially like your Granddad's Powerbuilt 2-iron. And even more that it is your 15th club, so rules of golf be dammed!

Approaching 34 years old, SC is loving golf. He joined the local country club at the insistence of his bride. Surprisingly he likes the guys there and plays as often as possible. Why is this a shock? Well, in high school and college he was into football,baseball, and fast cars. Country Club golf, yeah right! Well now he loves it, so bug off. His friends know he is at the course by the perfectly conditioned 2015 Mustang he drives when not in the minivan hauling the twins to soccer even though they're just 3 years old.

SC plays to a 11 HCP. Which feels very high to him, but that is just what the USGA gives him, so whatever. He looks more the part though with perfect golf style. No khaki's for SC, it's the latest golf wear mostly covering his Celtic Warrior tattoos. He golfs with a few guys who's HCP ranges from 2-9. If it wasn't for those three doubles on his scorecard each round, SC would be a contender, but like his favorite golf personality Roy (from Tin Cup), he goes for it every shot.

That was fun! SC, I like your clubs. They show you've got power. They show you are torn between using what truly works and keeping it modern. And I like that you loved your Granddad enough to carry his 2-iron even thought it puts you over 15 clubs. On second thought I'm going to lower your HCP to a 5. If I was showing up as a single, I would very much enjoy being paired up with you and your golfing buddy. Hopefully you guys would play Journey over Eminem on the bluetooth, but whatever is fine with me...

P.S. Don't sell any of these clubs when you get your next set. You will go back and forth between these and anything new for like the next 20 years...

Why not give it a shot.

3 iron - Srixon U65

50 - Glide 2.0 - PX 6.0

54 - Glide 2.0 - PX 6.0

Ball - Bridgestone B330

Sorry to leave you out Champ. I've got a few minutes, so let's give this set a go.

This set is what happens when you make too much money right out of college. Thank you technology fields! Heck, Bryson DeChambeau would be envious of this set. And you actually know this because your old college roommate's (old hah! he's 24) sister knows Bryson. The dude can flat golf!

You're a 4 HCP. Played very well in high school, but you decided to get a degree that would afford you money over playing golf. Smart. Now you're golfing and enjoying the good things in life. As far as golf goes, you've kind of reached your potential. Yup, you'll be a 4 HCP for life. Sorry, no buying clubs or venturing out to see Monte will change that. Sure, you'll be a 2.1 for a few weeks every summer, but welcome back 4. No worries, that is great golfing my friend.

And all these single length clubs in your bag. Very cool. Very smart. But you're only fooling yourself. As in, we all know the new Ping g400 clubs will be in your bag by next season. LOL.

P.S. Can you believe Kuchar didn't win the Open? Wow. You were yelling "Kooch" at the TV the whole time. Jordan's not bad, but you don't play that Bridgestone ball for nothing!

P.S.S. With these clubs, I could have missed the mark. You might be 47 years old. Your kids are finally in high school and you're golfing again. I only had this epiphany when thinking about Kuchar's fan base. Either way, I guessed your HCP well, and you will still end up with the new Pings. Hah!

Why not give it a shot.

3 iron - Srixon U65

50 - Glide 2.0 - PX 6.0

54 - Glide 2.0 - PX 6.0

Ball - Bridgestone B330

Sorry to leave you out Champ. I've got a few minutes, so let's give this set a go.

This set is what happens when you make too much money right out of college. Thank you technology fields! Heck, Bryson DeChambeau would be envious of this set. And you actually know this because your old college roommate's (old hah! he's 24) sister knows Bryson. The dude can flat golf!

You're a 4 HCP. Played very well in high school, but you decided to get a degree that would afford you money over playing golf. Smart. Now you're golfing and enjoying the good things in life. As far as golf goes, you've kind of reached your potential. Yup, you'll be a 4 HCP for life. Sorry, no buying clubs or venturing out to see Monte will change that. Sure, you'll be a 2.1 for a few weeks every summer, but welcome back 4. No worries, that is great golfing my friend.

And all these single length clubs in your bag. Very cool. Very smart. But you're only fooling yourself. As in, we all know the new Ping g400 clubs will be in your bag by next season. LOL.

P.S. Can you believe Kuchar didn't win the Open? Wow. You were yelling "Kooch" at the TV the whole time. Jordan's not bad, but you don't play that Bridgestone ball for nothing!

P.S.S. With these clubs, I could have missed the mark. You might be 47 years old. Your kids are finally in high school and you're golfing again. I only had this epiphany when thinking about Kuchar's fan base. Either way, I guessed your HCP well, and you will still end up with the new Pings. Hah!

I love it!! You are a little off though. I am currently broke now with these purchases and I am a sophomore in college. I played solid my freshman year and won an event last season with a 70-63. Funny that you said I will have the new pings because I have the G400 driver and crossover coming soon lol. The reason I got the single length was to make the game more simple. Who doesn't want more simple? I won't be going back to a variable length set any time soon. The Edel's are here to stay.

One of the best posts I've read. Well done mate. And the fact you guessed his age dead on is hilarious.

Titleist TS2 9.5* w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 60x
Taylormade M2 Tour 15* w/Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 8x
Ping Anser 17* w/Fuji Motore Speeder TS 9.8x
Ping Anser 20* w/Fuji Motore Speeder TS 9.8x
Mizuno MP-18 SC 4-PW w/PX LZ 6.0
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52* and 58* w/Dynamic Gold TI X100
SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange Stealth w/SuperStroke Flatso 3.0 CC
Winn DriTac w/4 extra wraps under bottom hand
ProV1

This seems like fun, new poster, but I have been reading the forum for a couple months. Here is my bag:

Driver - TM R15 10.5* - Neutral setting

3W & 5W - Lynx Predator (ducks)

Irons - Ping G5 3-PW

Wedges - Adams Tom Watson 52*GW and 56*SW

Putter - Tommy Armour 845

I would guess that you used to play far more often, but fell away from the game as life got busier

There have been some glimmers of hope in your game, and you fully intend to play far more often because I think your R15 was your "Okay, I'm going to start playing again, so let's take this seriously" purchase.

You hit a long ball off the tee, but I'd guess you have those weights all the way in the heel (since you play with Ping G's)

You are really looking forward to your upcoming birthday and Christmas because you've had your eyes on a few new clubs. Particularly hybrids because...

Since you're playing old G's, but play all the way up to a 3 iron (where you struggle to make solid contact)...I'd guess you're stuck above a 90.

You are good at chipping for your handicap, thanks to your affection for Tom Watson...but struggle to hit greens and make putts.

I'll play.

Few year old Ping Hoofer

Driver: Ping G25 9.5*

3 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel

5 wood: TaylorMade V-Steel

Irons: Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-S

Putter: Bettinardi BB5 DASS

Ball: Yellow Callaway Chrome Soft

Ping G410 9*
Tour Edge EXS 3w, 5w
Ping i210 4-U
Ping Glide Stealth 54, 60
Ping Anser 85029 Dalehead
Srixon Z-Star or Q-Star tour depending on conditions

I'll play.

Few year old Ping Hoofer

I thought I was done for a week or two, then comes this set.

Ratdog has been a 14 HCP for 23 years! Well, except for that two year stretch in 03 when he took lessons every week and got his cap down to 9. But that was too much work. Not the golf, the justification. I mean, the kids needed new soccer boots. And the mini-van needed a timing belt. And the wife learned all about Amazon. So weekly golf without practice for the last 15 years with some classic equipment and your good. How good? You were the only one in your Wednesday evening golf league to pick Brooks Koepka at -16. I know right! And last year you made it to the semi-finals in match play. All this with a little golf towel hanging from your belt to clean that yellow golf ball! LOL.

So let's talk about these clubs. The V-steel woods and the BECU Pings. You don't care if you win the lottery, these clubs are here to stay! No better club has ever been made right? Well, you thought the same thing about your Ping Zing putter too. But kids getting older, and money not being such an issue, you were gifted this Bettinardi for Father's Day. And man it is nice. The Ping Zing still sits in the living room with a couple of those yellow golf balls near by for the occasional putting practice when you get tired of watching Hallmark movies but don't really want to go work in the yard.

The Ping Hoofer is a perfect choice. It matches the set perfectly. It has a good stand system for that range session on Monday after work, but walk the course? Not anymore. What are you joking? Jimmy always brings the heater and the tunes in his personal cart, and you've been golfing partners forever. You don't really like the whole idea of tunes on the golf course, but it is worth it as Jimmy also has a cooler stocked with Coors Light. Maybe in five years you'll try the cart ownership thing, but for now, you're novelty is driving the Harley to the golf course on beautiful days. The Hoofer can actually be bungee corded to the back no problem.

Of course this is all in fun! I really do like your set of golf clubs. Way more than that set of Wilson Fat Shaft irons you used for 5 years while your local golf pro was selling only Wilson products to the regulars...

Why not give it a shot.

3 iron - Srixon U65

50 - Glide 2.0 - PX 6.0

54 - Glide 2.0 - PX 6.0

Ball - Bridgestone B330

I love it!! You are a little off though. I am currently broke now with these purchases and I am a sophomore in college. I played solid my freshman year and won an event last season with a 70-63. Funny that you said I will have the new pings because I have the G400 driver and crossover coming soon lol. The reason I got the single length was to make the game more simple. Who doesn't want more simple? I won't be going back to a variable length set any time soon. The Edel's are here to stay.

Wow! Great going with that win. Good luck this year and in the future, hopefully golf will take you as far as you want to go!

This seems like fun, new poster, but I have been reading the forum for a couple months. Here is my bag:

Driver - TM R15 10.5* - Neutral setting

3W & 5W - Lynx Predator (ducks)

Irons - Ping G5 3-PW

Wedges - Adams Tom Watson 52*GW and 56*SW

Putter - Tommy Armour 845

I would guess that you used to play far more often, but fell away from the game as life got busier Opposite, never played consistently until recently - liked going to the driving range with friends, but rarely played and did not take it seriously.

There have been some glimmers of hope in your game, and you fully intend to play far more often because I think your R15 was your "Okay, I'm going to start playing again, so let's take this seriously" purchase. Pretty much spot on.

You hit a long ball off the tee, but I'd guess you have those weights all the way in the heel (since you play with Ping G's) Weights split, one in the heel, one in the middle, actually played two slice free rounds last weekend. Not super long, but learning to trust myself and swing more freely, more distance will come I think.

You are really looking forward to your upcoming birthday and Christmas because you've had your eyes on a few new clubs. Particularly hybrids because...True on the looking forward to Christmas, don't want hybrids though - hoping someone puts new fairways under the tree for me.

Since you're playing old G's, but play all the way up to a 3 iron (where you struggle to make solid contact)...I'd guess you're stuck above a 90. yep, cant it the 3 iron for beans, but its my 14th club for now. Use it every now and then to hit a really low shot out of a bad lie/trees. Hoping to break 90 before the end of the year.

You are good at chipping for your handicap, thanks to your affection for Tom Watson...but struggle to hit greens and make putts. I'll give you 50/50 here, I can hit a nice chip and run, but I am awful in the sand. Putting is improving because I am practicing putting with some kind of purpose for the first time ever. 3 puts are still something that happens 2-3 times a round.

Close in places, not so much in others. Annotations above.

Why not give it a shot.

3 iron - Srixon U65

50 - Glide 2.0 - PX 6.0

54 - Glide 2.0 - PX 6.0

Ball - Bridgestone B330

Wow! Great going with that win. Good luck this year and in the future, hopefully golf will take you as far as you want to go!

I did love your write up though but thank you! I will be posting a full witb in a few weeks.

jslane and swing blues have the best write ups don't they???

Thank you. These are just as fun to write as they are to read, so don't be shy folks. I think Swingblues has amazing write-ups, I just sort of followed his lead. I also think Swingblues knows much more about modern golf equipment than I do, I can be a little stuck in the past...

I'll play.

Few year old Ping Hoofer

Ratdog has been a 14 HCP for 23 years! Well, except for that two year stretch in 03 when he took lessons every week and got his cap down to 9. But that was too much work. Not the golf, the justification. I mean, the kids needed new soccer boots. And the mini-van needed a timing belt. And the wife learned all about Amazon. So weekly golf without practice for the last 15 years with some classic equipment and your good. How good? You were the only one in your Wednesday evening golf league to pick Brooks Koepka at -16. I know right! And last year you made it to the semi-finals in match play. All this with a little golf towel hanging from your belt to clean that yellow golf ball! LOL

So let's talk about these clubs. The V-steel woods and the BECU Pings. You don't care if you win the lottery, these clubs are here to stay! No better club has ever been made right? Well, you thought the same thing about your Ping Zing putter too. But kids getting older, and money not being such an issue, you were gifted this Bettinardi for Father's Day. And man it is nice. The Ping Zing still sits in the living room with a couple of those yellow golf balls near by for the occasional putting practice when you get tired of watching Hallmark movies but don't really want to go work in the yard.

The Ping Hoofer is a perfect choice. It matches the set perfectly. It has a good stand system for that range session on Monday after work, but walk the course? Not anymore. What are you joking? Jimmy always brings the heater and the tunes in his personal cart, and you've been golfing partners forever. You don't really like the whole idea of tunes on the golf course, but it is worth it as Jimmy also has a cooler stocked with Coors Light. Maybe in five years you'll try the cart ownership thing, but for now, you're novelty is driving the Harley to the golf course on beautiful days. The Hoofer can actually be bungee corded to the back no problem.

Of course this is all in fun! I really do like your set of golf clubs. Way more than that set of Wilson Fat Shaft irons you used for 5 years while your local golf pro was selling only Wilson products to the regulars...

Excellent write up. I'm about 4 strokes higher than you guessed. 33 years old, single, no kids that I know of. And we only drink Fat Tire on the course.

Ping G410 9*
Tour Edge EXS 3w, 5w
Ping i210 4-U

I'll play.

Few year old Ping Hoofer

Ratdog has been a 14 HCP for 23 years! Well, except for that two year stretch in 03 when he took lessons every week and got his cap down to 9. But that was too much work. Not the golf, the justification. I mean, the kids needed new soccer boots. And the mini-van needed a timing belt. And the wife learned all about Amazon. So weekly golf without practice for the last 15 years with some classic equipment and your good. How good? You were the only one in your Wednesday evening golf league to pick Brooks Koepka at -16. I know right! And last year you made it to the semi-finals in match play. All this with a little golf towel hanging from your belt to clean that yellow golf ball! LOL

Excellent write up. I'm about 4 strokes higher than you guessed. 33 years old, single, no kids that I know of. And we only drink Fat Tire on the course.

At only 33 years old, who hooked you on becu Ping Eye 2s and TaylorMade V-steel woods? While timeless indeed, I do think most folks with this set would be older. Maybe save this post for 20 years, you'll get there. Lol.

Meh... I'll jump in

XCG6 Driver with made for Red Tie

XCG6 3w, Also with made for Red Tie

Ancient Adams hybrid at 17*. Aldila shaft. Best $50 I've ever spent.

MP-32's DG S300's. 1*Up, and still shiny.

588's, 52, 56 and 60*.

Scotty Golo, center shaft mallet.

Played down to about a 10 a season ago, only played about 10 times this year, so...... Mayhem. I could shoot 80 or 105.... I'll update after tomorrows round, which will be the first in 3 weeks!

At only 33 years old, who hooked you on becu Ping Eye 2s and TaylorMade V-steel woods? While timeless indeed, I do think most folks with this set would be older. Maybe save this post for 20 years, you'll get there. Lol.

Had the V-Steels since college. Never found anything that I hit better, although I've experimented with different setups for a while. They're probably there to stay at this point. I always loved the Eye 2s and liked the way the BeCus looked and felt. I also have a set of Maltby MMB-17s that will probably displace them in the near future, but I'll bag the sand wedge until I die.

Ping G410 9*
Tour Edge EXS 3w, 5w
Ping i210 4-U