FT9 TA TP 9.5* - BiMatrix X in neon pink

Nike Vr Pro Ltd 9.5* - Aldila NV 95X

15* 3 wood;

TEE CB2 - DG X100

Irons - 2-3 MP37's - X100'a

Irons - 4-PW MP68's - X100's

Wedges - Scratch 53* & 58* S400

Putter - Byron Morgan 006

Ah...very kind of you to read someone else's bag so I will return the favor.... :taunt:

You're a misplaced Bubba who likes a warm beer, across the Atlantic to a wee Her Majesty's island :pimp:

Let's start with the driver, a bi-matrix TIPPED in the X-flex. On a 8.5* head Nike Pro head.

So, on behalf of the posters on this thread, you -JUST- SAVOR your power while you can - you'll grow old like the rest of us WRXers.

Honestly, the VP Pro head with the channel was one of the best heads produced by Nike, before the channel madness that over took TM and the world. Simple but effective and can be had cheap too. Oh, did I not mention the NEON PINK... :superman: Bubba would be proud - just hit it well and drive for SHOW.

Tee CB2, you alternate hypersonic weapon off the tee when the driver does not fare well. At least you are consistent in your shaft selection from here to your irons, the X100s. A steel shaft in a fairway wood, GOOD LORD!!!!!

Irons, all classic blades, must have some ability here. These are older Mizzys too...so it tells me you do not change your irons or your clubs in the bag. Money is tight and you are not a show pony when it comes to clubs...just a Bubba-esque with the Neon Pink Bi-Matrix 1/4" tipped X FLEX MONSTER driver :)

The Scratch wedges are nice, good pickup and work well for you. Only 2 wedges in the bag, so you must have the ability to work the head open when the need comes.

The most interesting club in your bag is a Byron Morgan 006. There are many choices of putters as there are choices for Scotchs so, imho, it is rare to find someone at your end of the world with a Byron 006.No Scotty, Guerrin, TM or Odyssey. Instead, you pick a rather fine putter from an even finer custom putter maker based in Huntington Beach, good ole Cal-for-nia.

Your bag sings of someone who does not change equipment that often. Either you like you clubs or you don't want to spend the money, or simply money is tight. Either way, you make your bag work.

Now, you're probably young, 20-30 in age. Swing 120-125 SS but you are loose with the driver so I suspect you're about a 7 to 10 cap.

Now, don't tell us you're a 50+ something on a + cap, dear oh dear :ban:

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Mine is a bit different

Gamer driver - Nike VR Pro 8.5 with a 1/4" tipped Bi-Matrix X

Backups;

FT9 TA TP 9.5* - BiMatrix X in neon pink

Nike Vr Pro Ltd 9.5* - Aldila NV 95X

15* 3 wood;

TEE CB2 - DG X100

Irons - 2-3 MP37's - X100'a

Irons - 4-PW MP68's - X100's

Wedges - Scratch 53* & 58* S400

Putter - Byron Morgan 006

Ah...very kind of you to read someone else's bag so I will return the favor.... :taunt:

You're a misplaced Bubba who likes a warm beer, across the Atlantic to a wee Her Majesty's island :pimp:

Let's start with the driver, a bi-matrix TIPPED in the X-flex. On a 8.5* head Nike Pro head.

So, on behalf of the posters on this thread, you -JUST- SAVOR your power while you can - you'll grow old like the rest of us WRXers.

Honestly, the VP Pro head with the channel was one of the best heads produced by Nike, before the channel madness that over took TM and the world. Simple but effective and can be had cheap too. Oh, did I not mention the NEON PINK... :superman: Bubba would be proud - just hit it well and drive for SHOW.

Tee CB2, you alternate hypersonic weapon off the tee when the driver does not fare well. At least you are consistent in your shaft selection from here to your irons, the X100s. A steel shaft in a fairway wood, GOOD LORD!!!!!

Irons, all classic blades, must have some ability here. These are older Mizzys too...so it tells me you do not change your irons or your clubs in the bag. Money is tight and you are not a show pony when it comes to clubs...just a Bubba-esque with the Neon Pink Bi-Matrix 1/4" tipped X FLEX MONSTER driver :)

The Scratch wedges are nice, good pickup and work well for you. Only 2 wedges in the bag, so you must have the ability to work the head open when the need comes.

The most interesting club in your bag is a Byron Morgan 006. There are many choices of putters as there are choices for Scotchs so, imho, it is rare to find someone at your end of the world with a Byron 006.No Scotty, Guerrin, TM or Odyssey. Instead, you pick a rather fine putter from an even finer custom putter maker based in Huntington Beach, good ole Cal-for-nia.

Your bag sings of someone who does not change equipment that often. Either you like you clubs or you don't want to spend the money, or simply money is tight. Either way, you make your bag work.

Now, you're probably young, 20-30 in age. Swing 120-125 SS but you are loose with the driver so I suspect you're about a 7 to 10 cap.

Now, don't tell us you're a 50+ something on a + cap, dear oh dear :ban:

You're very close on most accounts! Although out a little on cap....

The driver is definitely the show stick if I bring out the pink one! But I have to be playing well for it to be allowed out, the gamer is a bit more conservative in black

The shaft selection is definitely consistent, I like heavy and that's what I've gone for....these super light 60g shafts feel wrong to me in woods, hence a driver at 80g ish and the 3 wood which is probably in the 100-115g area

Again correct on the irons, money was tight when I pieced the bag together. I'd sold off a much rarer and fancier set of Yururi flatbacks (again with X100s) a few years earlier when I gave up on golf

These were a cheap way to get back in, the 68s were around £140 from memory for 4-PW and in perfect shape, X100s just fit my swing so they've been in clubs since I was 17

Now we're a little off on the wedges, there is adequate skill to get me from fringe to green but the reason for only two wedges is that I'm still on traditional ish lofts so a 48* pitching wedge and from there 5* gaps seem to work in my mind. Definitely not a short game master by any accounts

Putter is an odd one, however this is due to having had a few Byrons in the past. I've had Scotties, didn't enjoy them....over rated in my opinion and over priced for a mass produced putter. The tour ones are amazing but that's a Byron level putter at new car money!

Plus I like the quirkiness of owning a Byron, not many people over here know what they are and the Surfer Sally covers are very nice :)

As to not changing often, this setup has remained the same since 2014 other than the addition of the VR Pro last month. Money being a graduate is tight, was even tighter as a student coming back into the game and I've now gotten into building race cars which is an even more expensive hobby!

25 so bang in the middle of your age estimate, SS unsure as I haven't had it measured but when I had a lesson last year the pro was very surprised by the flex he could see in the iron shafts while I was swinging when replayed in slow mo

Definitely loose off the tee and links rough is punishing, poor course management and a tendency to go after it too often or take on the glory shot like trying to cut a corner or go over a bunker lands me in trouble a lot.

Take your 10 and add 2-4 depending on the round

This thread looks like a lot of fun, so why dont I throw my bag in the mix!

Bag: 2012 Adidas Lightweight 6 way stand bag

Driver: 910D3 w/ real Diamana Kai'li 70x

3 Wood: 915f w/ Diamana S+ 80x

Irons: Mizuno MP54 w/ PX 6.5

Wedges: Vokey SM5 w/ DG S400 (50F, 54F, 58K)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 35/330

Ball: Srixon Zstar XV

*5 Wood: 913f w/ Diamana D+ 80x rotates with 3 iron in winter months or very long courses*

Your bag tells me you are good player with a high SS. You know what you like and don't tinker often. You might have been a club ho in the past but your game suffered so you went back to what you're comfortable with.

Sun Mountain LCB/Clicgear 3.5

Geek DCT 11.5* Enzo Zone 70

SMT 3390 16* Grafalloy Epic

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* Axe Xcaliber

Maltby HDI 21* S300 with Sensicore

Maltby DBM 5-GW S300 with Sensicore

Maltby TG 56* 60* S300 with Sensicore

Rife Island Aruba

B330s

I wanted a stab at this one as I find it unique. You build your own sticks. Making a set of forged irons for under 400-500 makes you feel like you know something the guys who buy 1000+ off the rack don't.

Rife Aruba further confirms you are not sold by a shiny major OEM price tag.. especially with putter, I couldn't agree more.. whatever works works. You like how that thing rolls?

B330S is an awesome ball (I've used B330 for 4+ years). Can be had online for $25 a dozen on ebay in some cases.

Forged clubs, blade putter, shaft stiffness, and ball tell me you swing driver low 100's, 6i in the mid/high 80's.

You know how to get all the club/ ball you really need at half the price of the normal guy. Your not sold by gimmicks. It takes time and some patience to learn what is out there besides the major OEM's and which of it is good. Your into your golf game and clubs.

That was fun, I'm a fan of your bag. Saying your a 5 hdcp.

Mine

SLDR 10.5 w/ Diamana 'Ahina 70X

R9 15 w/ Diamana 'Ahina 80X tipped .5'', playing 42.5.

Cally X2 Hot Pro 20* w/ Aldila Tour Green 70X tipped .5'' playing inch short of standard.

Srixon 945 4-P w/ KBS C-Taper 120S

Mizuno T5 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS C-Taper 120S

Odyssey Black Series #2

B330

Cons' Bag:

SLDR 10.5 w/ Diamana 'Ahina 70X

R9 15 w/ Diamana 'Ahina 80X tipped .5'', playing 42.5.

Cally X2 Hot Pro 20* w/ Aldila Tour Green 70X tipped .5'' playing inch short of standard.

Srixon 945 4-P w/ KBS C-Taper 120S

Mizuno T5 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS C-Taper 120S

Odyssey Black Series #2

B330

Nice write-up, Cons. I'll give your bag a go...

Driver set-up is interesting and probably a wicked combo. The fact that you're playing the SLDR instead of TM's new offerings could indicate a couple things - you realize just how good and low spinning that head can be, even when "lofted-up" and can't be bought out of playing the trusted big stick for 2 more yards, or you're just not not one for the white/carbon color clash on the current driver line-ups for the TM woods you've trusted for years and aren't as big a club-ho as the rest of us on here. I'm going to take a guess you probably have the 440cc model instead of the 460cc as well. Gaming the 10.5* version I'd also wager that you have a shallow to slightly positive AoA with the driver and depend on a bit more spin loft to get the height you want while maintaining the penetrating flight you can depend on from the stock-shot draw you normally play.

Pretty sure I could just copy and paste half of what I wrote for your driver about that 3 wood as well. Bet that thing's a rifle and you have no qualms about playing that off the tee all day when the driver isn't quite behaving and needs to sit in the time-out corner of your bag.

The hybrid threw me a little bit since you went lighter in the shaft there than the rest of your bag, which is an otherwise pretty heave and stout set-up. Those X2 Hot Pro hybrids are still in plenty of peoples' bags for a reason though and I'm sure you're another one to tout just how dependable and easy to hit they are. Not as much snap-hook tendencies in those like a lot of other hybrids and the slightly shorter length helped with lie in addition to gapping just enough to really make a difference as well. Little cut hybrid that lands soft is probably the go to shot on those 200+ yard par 3's.

Srixon blades and Mizuno wedges... I get the feeling you probably played Mizuno irons for a long time in the past and loved the feel, but with Srixon's new offerings you get a level of turf interaction that's a bit better for your game and most of the feel is still there even if it's not quite as buttery. You've still got a set of MP-somethings lying around for nostalgia's sake. The Mizzy wedges are as good as anything out there and look great sitting down by the ball. The C-Tapers throughout indicate a desire for a bit of height control and spin moderation. The fact that you game them in the wedges with no indicated soft-stepping would make me think that you probably prefer leaving yourself a full-er club in rather than awkward pitch distances as feel through them is "touchy" at best on delicate shots.

The old Black Series putters by Odyssey are seriously underrated. The 2 is a classic shape and the Black Series non-insert line is a no frills putter with great milling that offers fantastic feel. With the soft feeling B330, I'm sure you get fantastic feedback off the putterface.

I'd guess you're in your late 20's, maybe early 30's and played in high-school along with another sport or two. May have dabbled playing in college, and get out when you can now during the non-snow-covered months living in Chicago to maintain a mid-single-digit cap.

Am I close?

Nice review! You are definitely close. I actually have a downward angle on the driver, but the rest is spot on.

3w is so hard to replace. Never found one worth the change. I go through periods loving and hating this club.

The hybrid is the black sheep/ frankenclub in my bag. I know shaft doesn't match, but I struck gold experimenting and just don't ask questions here. It's a solid 5w replacement that's 3" shorter and always a draw.. never a cut.. haha I wish.

I've never had Mizuno irons! The Mizuno irons always looked to have too much offset. I could definitely be wrong about that, but it's a confidence thing. The Srixons are awesome. Don't produce flyers like perimeter weighted clubs can, while being pretty forgiving like the Adams CMBs I came from.

I have good speed so ctapers in the wedges helps keep spin in check. I don't mind partial shots, I've just used the shaft for so long I'm used to it.

I think the 2 is a beauty as well! And they are so readily available for cheap it's crazy.

You nailed it late 20s, I never played HS, had another sport going on. College I looked into it but my eligibility ran out. Your close on Hdcp, it's a bit lower but it feels higher like you said due to a bad year off the tee.

You crushed it!

Nice review! You are definitely close. I actually have a downward angle on the driver, but the rest is spot on.

3w is so hard to replace. Never found one worth the change. I go through periods loving and hating this club.

The hybrid is the black sheep/ frankenclub in my bag. I know shaft doesn't match, but I struck gold experimenting and just don't ask questions here. It's a solid 5w replacement that's 3" shorter and always a draw.. never a cut.. haha I wish.

I've never had Mizuno irons! The Mizuno irons always looked to have too much offset. I could definitely be wrong about that, but it's a confidence thing. The Srixons are awesome. Don't produce flyers like perimeter weighted clubs can, while being pretty forgiving like the Adams CMBs I came from.

I have good speed so ctapers in the wedges helps keep spin in check. I don't mind partial shots, I've just used the shaft for so long I'm used to it.

I think the 2 is a beauty as well! And they are so readily available for cheap it's crazy.

You nailed it late 20s, I never played HS, had another sport going on. College I looked into it but my eligibility ran out. Your close on Hdcp, it's a bit lower but it feels higher like you said due to a bad year off the tee.

You crushed it!

Nice, glad I got pieces close! What I like with this thread is seeing what works for different people. Interesting how much of it is based on confidence or preference when looking down at the ball. Just goes to show how much stock to really put into all the OEM marketing efforts...

Out of curiosity, what other sports did you play?

I went to golf town to get my 900T looked at for loft and lie after a couple weeks of driving range practice with the objective to align my lofted wedges to my set.

It was comical that the master fitter insisted that I bent my irons at least 2 degrees and cut 1/2" off the shaft yet dismissed my swing dynamics at impact.

He went further to give me a free static measurement lol, awkward, literally; my set-up was hunched with a curved back and hands almost touching my pant legs....yeah that feels natural?

The significant irony was he insulted the unknown company for selling me "ill fitted" equipment lol and it was another city golf town....

Curious about thoughts on my setup :

TM R15 9.5*

King Cobra Baffler 18* 2 Hybrid

King Cobra Baffler 23* 4 Hybrid

Callaway Apex Pro 16 4-PW

Callaway Mack Daddy 3 50*,54*,58* - S-Grind

Odyssey O-Works 7s Red 35"

Chrome Soft

I think you're a 9 or so . Likely struggle a tad off the tee and with iron yardages . Just a guess judging by the chromesoft ball. My guess is your a baller with your hybrids however

Here's my bag

Epic subzero 8* elements chrome TX

GBB 3 wood hazdurs red 6.5 76

Subzero 5 wood hazdrus red 6.5 76

23&27 apex hybrid with kbs hybrid shafts

6-p apex pro 16 irons KbS 120 stiff

50-54-58 Md forged

54 bent to 56 so 12 bounce and 58 bent to 60 and all the bounce grounded off

Counterbalanced garsen Spider

Srixon Xv ball

TM R15 9.5*

Chrome Soft

Texasgolfer91, welcome to WRX. Now this is the set of fellow who golfed on his high school team some 20+ years ago. Wasn't number one on the team, but scored some solid points and does know the game for sure. Got busy with college where he hung up his clubs for a number of years other than the yearly golf game with your uncle and dad. So what did Texasgolfer do between golf stints? Who knows, maybe running, cycling, swimming, heck maybe even a triathlon or two. But now, back to golf. A couple kids in school and there is time to play golf again. A taylormade driver is a must for any returning golfer. Returning is the wrong word, I mean who can golf for more than 5 years straight? More like it is your time again! The Cobra are the give away. No 3-wood, well, no worries, the driver goes plenty far (there are some threads you'll fit right into on WRX, may even by why you decided to join, I mean you can't let folks think teeing off with a 3-wood is a good idea! LOL). But a couple of classic hybrids. So we're looking at a 10-15 HCP who enjoys a pretty nice golf club. Maybe even a country club where the kids can swim and you can get out for a bucket of balls or two. Luckily you've got the support of your family for your dive back into golf. The Callaway irons and woods show the support and commitment for the game. Better than your old Ping Eye 2 irons, and not hidden in the garage either. Probably in a nice stand bag next to the lawnmower. Clickgear push cart hangs close by as well. I like your taste in putters. This is for a person who is not bad at putting, but if your going to replace those Ping Eye 2 irons, may as well put the Odyssey 550 away as well, I wonder if the old Ping Zing your dad used is still around? Who cares, sentimental clubs are for folks not trying their best on the golf course. Well, it seems that way, but why does your one buddy keep beating you with his old clubs and Ping Anser putter? Eh, let the WRX community sort that out...You'll fit right in here...welcome!

Aaronwilson_95's Bag:

50-54-58 Md forged

Srixon Xv ball

I'll give Aaronwilson_95's bag a go...

Going to guess you're a younger guy - '95 is likely the year you were born - so you're either fresh out of, or in your last year at university.

The driver you've got is a club built for serious speed and cutting spin. Turning the Epic down a degree to 8* of loft also opens the face a touch which helps the little power-fade you now favor over the draw you used to play which had a habit of snap-hooking once you built some speed in your swing. The Elements Chrome TX is a player's shaft... I'd wager you're north of 110mph with driver SS.

Three wood is probably from a couple years ago, the red and black one - right? Hzrdus Red in X-stiff denotes some real speed in your swing, but you still get the launch you need to make it land soft when it counts. Chances are this is one of your favorite clubs in the bag and you didn't swap this one out for one of the newer offerings just to chase a couple extra yards. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The five wood instead of another apex hybrid and shafted with another Hzrdus Red would indicate a need for a bit more height to round out the top-end of your bag. There's stuff down in the rest of the bag that would make me think you probably play in a more arid area with hard fairways and greens and this club helps confirm that suspicion. You can launch this one high and controlled as needed to land soft on long par-4's or 5's.

Apex hybrids are money (love mine) and helped cure that snap-hook that you were suffering with other hybrid models just like you needed with the driver. Extremely workable for hybrids and if they've got the KBS graphite proto hybrid shafts in them, I'd wager you can probably go pin hunting with these clubs even from 190-200 yards out. Some people around here knock the hybrid, but you play/played for your school and were all about low scores. Play what works for you and then point to your scorecard when someone scoffs at your hybrid over a long-iron. You go roll that birdie putt.

Irons are solid. Nothing super flashy, but work, are consistent in distance, and on the shafts you have them give plenty of height and stopping power. Going with the hybrid at the top of the set though makes me think this might be the part of your game that gives you the most anxiety. You're either striping it, or you're suffering a two-way miss: high, push-fade short, pull-draw left and 10 yards long.

Wedges took some experimenting, but the fact that you're comfortable grinding and bending stuff down shows a level of comfort and that you're after results. The 50 you feel most comfortable with hitting it full, the 56 with extra bounce is to help in the sand, and the 60 is for nipping-it off those bare, arid lies I mentioned earlier. Nothing worse than blading it 30 yards past the hole because you caught the bounce on the hard-pan when trying to play it high and soft. Enough thin-bullets had you taking a metal file to the bottom of that 60.

Putter... Only TM in a Callaway bag... Hey, if it works, great. Guess you probably had a few Odyssey mallets over time too, and the new O-Works 7s in red has got you tempted to try again, but for now why would you ruin a good thing. Counterbalancing helped with distance control and gave a bit more confidence.

Overall a really solid bag and would wager you probably go out and shoot right-around if not below par any given day at your university course. Again guessing that you're right around that university age, I'd figure your probably going or went to school in AZ or Southern CA. Scratch that - It was definitely somewhere in southern CA because that's a carne asada California burrito chok-fulla fries in your profile pic.

How'd I do?

PS - If that's not a Cali burrito in your profile picture with extra guac, I don't even want a response.

TM R15 9.5*

Chrome Soft

I think you're a 9 or so . Likely struggle a tad off the tee and with iron yardages . Just a guess judging by the chromesoft ball. My guess is your a baller with your hybrids however

Here's my bag

50-54-58 Md forged

Srixon Xv ball

Aaronwilson_95- spot on. About a 9 is right on the money. Struggle a bit off the tee and the iron yardages, hence the two hybrids for those long second shots and long par 3s. Hybrids are the best clubs in the bag all day and the chrome soft helps with the distance too. Well done

Jslane57: solid try but I started playing 3 years ago after graduating college! The hybrids threw you off understandably, but I found those in my buddies garage and hit them better than anything else in the bag. Had a set of starter Adams year 1, used cobra amp cells year 2, and after I broke 85 this summer, I treated myself to the current set of Apex Pro irons with an upgrade on the putter and wedges too.

Thanks for the input!

Sun Mountain LCB/Clicgear 3.5

Geek DCT 11.5* Enzo Zone 70

SMT 3390 16* Grafalloy Epic

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* Axe Xcaliber

Maltby HDI 21* S300 with Sensicore

Maltby DBM 5-GW S300 with Sensicore

Maltby TG 56* 60* S300 with Sensicore

Rife Island Aruba

B330s

Buck the Man.

Rebel.

That is so you Pi5seeker :)

Lets start with your driver, a classic Geek DCT, super low spin driver by Steve Almo and that once trended as much as the Epic was now. But back then. I would even gather that you were probably a poster in golfdisccussions when that site was around.

Geek was hot, Geek was GOD back then. In the alternate, non OEM world :ninja:

The DCT is a very low spin head, designed for the long driver with the side channels BEFORE channels became trendy. Being a low spin, it is no wonder you need the 11.5* loft. Now, it just a pity you didn't match the Enzo shaft with the Gramman shaft...but that Gramman would make you the establishment of the "Anti Establishment" world. May be.

SMT 3390 fairway matches your thinking of the custom, self build clubs. SMT makes great heads and kinda surprised you do not have DCT 3hree in there instead but I suspect your tried that head and it was TOO MUCH head. You'd would luv to have that 3hree but your swing says "no, no, no" and your Golf Brain wins.

Now the irons - obviously you are a GolfWorks fan... when that Catalog day comes, you're like the kid on their first Christmas morning, Yah! Hallelujah! Christmas came early!!!!

You luv the KE4 with a nice Axe shaft. Pure GolfWorks here. Probably the best club in the bag. Next are the gorgeous DBM Forged irons in their black finish. But where is the Rebel here? Surely not the S300 shafts, why not shaft the DBMs with say, the AXE Tour graphite shafts? No?

Finishing your irons with the Maltby TG wedges cannot go wrong. You are obviously not fussed about Taylormade's drill thru bore wedges, or the latest ubber $$$$ James Patrick wedges...a wedge is a wedge to you and since you built these wedges, you OWN IT outright and the TG is $$$ to you, money well spent.

Now, the Rife is the oddity in the bag. Why not a Maltby putter? Or perhaps it's the Tropical finish Aruba here. But no. I think its the gray one, you're not a bling golfer, I think the Aruba suits your eye quite nicely and you probably picked it up for a steal.

So what kind of a player are you? Someone that spends his time building his own clubs must know something about HIS golf swing and club building. I will think you probably drive the ball about 255-265, good iron player to handle the DBM so I would say your handicap is about an 8-10, probably aged 50ish. You've been tinkering around golf for a while.

Your bag also reflects your values in real life. A no-nonsense, no frill person, tight with money, very astute about when you spend on. Your would probably prefer to play the twilight rates than the full on day rate.

Now, does this make you...

juventude-transviada-1.jpg

?

I'm 36 and spent time on Golfdiscussions. I don't build my own clubs (wish I did) I just always try to score a great deal. Also, I'm not into "the latest and greatest" and do a lot of research on equipment. My best score is a 78 before I got married 6 years ago. I'm usually in the low-mid 80's now. I never tried the DCT fairway woods because I got my SMT so cheap lol. I love S300 shafts and played them in my Pi5s that are in my travel bag. The Rife Aruba was another budget purchase at under $50 new but I love the darn thing! In my travel bag I have...

Cobra SZ400 Saber Tour Vector (the best driver shaft I've ever had)

Orlimar Trimetal 14*

Orlimar Trimetal 18*

Wilson Pi5 4-pw

Maltby M series GW, SW, LW

Odyssey DFX

Cobra F8 10.5* UST Attas Coool 7S
Cobra F8 5-6 17* Evenflow Blue 75
Cobra F8 Hybrid 19* Smacwrap
Cobra King Utility 22.5* C-Taper Lite
Ping I210 5-UW PX LZ 6.0
Bridgestone XW-1 56* 60* DG Spinner
Odyssey Strokelab Seven S
Chrome Soft
Clicgear 3.5/Cobra King Ultradry

TM R15 9.5*

Chrome Soft

Here's my bag

50-54-58 Md forged

Srixon Xv ball

That part is interesting! Why would you think someone is struggling just cause they play the Chrome Soft?

TM R15 9.5*

Chrome Soft

Here's my bag

50-54-58 Md forged

Srixon Xv ball

That part is interesting! Why would you think someone is struggling just cause they play the Chrome Soft?

I'm not sure as to his exact reasoning, but playing the Chrome Soft has been my best option to gain some distance off my long / mid irons.

For reference, im 30 years old.

Taylormade M2 10.5 (set to 11.25)

Taylormade M1 17* (set to 16.25)

Cobra Baffler 18.5*

Taylormade UDI 3 Iron

Mizuno MPH5 4 Iron

Mizuno MP33 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 Black Satin 52 & 60

Odyssey Works Versa 9

Bridgestone B330S

Judging by the range of brands in the bag and the quality of clubs, I'm guessing that you know a good amount about the game. Your profile is showing a 0 handicap, so that makes sense.

Public course player who is not afraid to make some bets on the course. You absolutely crush the M2, which is the reason you haven't matched the driver to the wood yet. The Odyssey works versa 9 shows that you don't mind being different and the black satin wedges show that you wanted to get clubs that showed your consistency and the dime size sweet spot you want to mark on the club faces.

11.25 seems a bit high on the driver for you, but you knew exactly what you were doing to have it set there.

Overall, love the set. Think you got a great selection and wish you the best of luck out there!

Aaronwilson_95's Bag:

50-54-58 Md forged

Srixon Xv ball

I'll give Aaronwilson_95's bag a go...

Going to guess you're a younger guy - '95 is likely the year you were born - so you're either fresh out of, or in your last year at university.

The driver you've got is a club built for serious speed and cutting spin. Turning the Epic down a degree to 8* of loft also opens the face a touch which helps the little power-fade you now favor over the draw you used to play which had a habit of snap-hooking once you built some speed in your swing. The Elements Chrome TX is a player's shaft... I'd wager you're north of 110mph with driver SS.

Three wood is probably from a couple years ago, the red and black one - right? Hzrdus Red in X-stiff denotes some real speed in your swing, but you still get the launch you need to make it land soft when it counts. Chances are this is one of your favorite clubs in the bag and you didn't swap this one out for one of the newer offerings just to chase a couple extra yards. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The five wood instead of another apex hybrid and shafted with another Hzrdus Red would indicate a need for a bit more height to round out the top-end of your bag. There's stuff down in the rest of the bag that would make me think you probably play in a more arid area with hard fairways and greens and this club helps confirm that suspicion. You can launch this one high and controlled as needed to land soft on long par-4's or 5's.

Apex hybrids are money (love mine) and helped cure that snap-hook that you were suffering with other hybrid models just like you needed with the driver. Extremely workable for hybrids and if they've got the KBS graphite proto hybrid shafts in them, I'd wager you can probably go pin hunting with these clubs even from 190-200 yards out. Some people around here knock the hybrid, but you play/played for your school and were all about low scores. Play what works for you and then point to your scorecard when someone scoffs at your hybrid over a long-iron. You go roll that birdie putt.

Irons are solid. Nothing super flashy, but work, are consistent in distance, and on the shafts you have them give plenty of height and stopping power. Going with the hybrid at the top of the set though makes me think this might be the part of your game that gives you the most anxiety. You're either striping it, or you're suffering a two-way miss: high, push-fade short, pull-draw left and 10 yards long.

Wedges took some experimenting, but the fact that you're comfortable grinding and bending stuff down shows a level of comfort and that you're after results. The 50 you feel most comfortable with hitting it full, the 56 with extra bounce is to help in the sand, and the 60 is for nipping-it off those bare, arid lies I mentioned earlier. Nothing worse than blading it 30 yards past the hole because you caught the bounce on the hard-pan when trying to play it high and soft. Enough thin-bullets had you taking a metal file to the bottom of that 60.

Putter... Only TM in a Callaway bag... Hey, if it works, great. Guess you probably had a few Odyssey mallets over time too, and the new O-Works 7s in red has got you tempted to try again, but for now why would you ruin a good thing. Counterbalancing helped with distance control and gave a bit more confidence.

Overall a really solid bag and would wager you probably go out and shoot right-around if not below par any given day at your university course. Again guessing that you're right around that university age, I'd figure your probably going or went to school in AZ or Southern CA. Scratch that - It was definitely somewhere in southern CA because that's a carne asada California burrito chok-fulla fries in your profile pic.

How'd I do?

PS - If that's not a Cali burrito in your profile picture with extra guac, I don't even want a response.

All is extremely accuarate except for I'm in south Florida ! And that unfortuanly is just a chipolte burrito

All is extremely accuarate except for I'm in south Florida ! And that unfortuanly is just a chipolte burrito

I gave you my expectations, Aaron...

Kidding. Glad I was close on the rest of it and hope you're doing well despite the storm down there

Seems interesting...lets give it a go.Also...Thanks to EvanScottKing pointing it out, I'm now craving a burrito

Titleist 910 D2 8.5* - Aldila RIP 60S

Titleist 907 F2 13* - Proforce V2 85S

Mizuno MP68 3-PW

Mizuno MP-T11 50/06

Mizuno MP-T11 54/09

Mizuno MP-T11 58/10

Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Preferred (#5)

Titleist TSR3 Ventus TR Blue 6X
Titleist TSi3 HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Mizuno MP20 HMB 18* HZRDUS Smoke 6.0
Kyoei KK Black MB 4-PW KBS Tour 125 S+
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 50/9
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 54/11
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 58/11
TaylorMade Tour Preferred Bandon 3
TaylorMade 2021 TP5X

Seems interesting...lets give it a go.Also...Thanks to EvanScottKing pointing it out, I'm now craving a burrito

Mizuno MP68 3-PW

Mizuno MP-T11 50/06

Mizuno MP-T11 54/09

Mizuno MP-T11 58/10

You're welcome :)

Now for your bag, Golf_Addict73:

I haven't been playing long, so maybe I'm not the best judge when it comes to calling a "Purist's" bag but that's what I think when I see your set-up. I get the vibe of a guy who can play and the most recent change he's made was swapping out for a new ball - long time ProV1 guy who tried out the V1x along with the Tour Preferred and well, we can see who won out. 5 is a solid number choice.

You've probably got one of those classic, effortless swings. Driver would indicate as much with that low-launch shaft and an 8.5* head you've got a 3-4* positive AoA. I get the feeling you're a player with 20+ years of experience, if you're a native of NC as well it may be closer to 30. I mean look, you've been a member here for over a decade. Probably in your mid forties (sorry if I'm over-estimating) and can sling the ball out there with whatever shape you want on a tidy line.

Fairway indicates the same thing, but that Proforce V2 helps get a little bit more height on that low-lofted spoon. That's gotta be a fun club and one that let's you attack par 5's or play to a strong position as needed on those tighter holes. With how some of the courses in coastal NC are designed I bet the fairway gets about as much action as your driver from the tee, and especially on par 4's below 400 yards where it's actually the preferred club.

Mizzy bladed irons and wedges were the real standout purist clubs in my opinion. The full set of MP68 would raise a few eyebrows on the first tee box when you see the sculpted muscle on the back and get's your partners wondering "Can this guy play?" Well, that though promptly changes to "Keep wallet in pocket." when a tidy, little wear-mark the size of a quarter in the center of the bat becomes visible as you pull a mid-iron on your approach. While you don't pure everything, but the good ones are worth talking about and that classic Mizuno buttery feel and feedback makes you keep the swing honest. None of that sloppy, lazy stuff need apply when you hit the links. The wedges are classic, but probably due for an update as the grooves are getting a bit smooth and worn down in spots. I'm going to guess you probably have them all shafted up with DG S400's maybe the AMT version? Possibly something different in the wedges, but probably the same family. It's the kind of stuff you started out growing up playing and there's been no need to change what works.

The Scotty putter is one of their best in my opinion - the flowneck with sight-dot, right? That shape is a classic and they didn't go over the top with colors, inserts, lines, etc. Just classy. This flat-stick is probably one of your favorite clubs in the bag and the thought of changing it out for one of the alien-looking, mallets that are all the rage seems blasphemous. What's MOI good for anyway when you have feel off the face of a blade like that?

I'm thinking you're a guy who picks apart the course and goes low by avoiding big blowups and giving yourself birdie looks by shooting for position. May have played off scratch at one point, but probably floating a few strokes above now as family life with a couple high school aged kids takes priority. Living in Hampstead, maybe you're a member at Belvedere CC or Olde Point and get out to play a full round a few times a month?

I'm hoping that I got close with this one. One thing for certain though, a burrito is definitely on the menu for lunch.

I gave you my expectations, Aaron...

Kidding. Glad I was close on the rest of it and hope you're doing well despite the storm down there

I managed to evacuate and live on the east coast . Power is slowly coming back & gasoline hopefully soon. But all in all we managed pretty well

I tend to gravitate towards bags with unusual or older clubs in them. I don't find much appeal to the new equipment. I don't think I'm old enough to be stodgy, but the old stuff is just prettier (Japanese forgings are exempt considering their design changes styles about as often as Rolex changes theirs. How would I judge the guy I am grouped with today who has a Callaway staff bag full of Callaway equipment when every 5th guy I see has roughly the same setup? "Oh, is that the newest new TM driver that looks a lot like the one you replaced it with that was in your bag for 6 months"? I usually don't bother to look.

Now maybe its because the newest club in my bag is around 10 years old so obviously I'm not one to change equipment frequently, but it does peek my interest to see an old taylormade burner 3 wood in someones bag, a heel shafted putter, or one of the ping laminate 5 woods. And I'll say something to just about anybody when I see they have eye 2's in the bag.

As for my bag far and away the thing that gets the most attention is my graphite shafted irons (stiff as telephone poles). Those are rare birds in the under 60 crowd. Until something breaks I don't think I will change a thing.

Mizuno MP68 3-PW

Mizuno MP-T11 50/06

Mizuno MP-T11 54/09

Mizuno MP-T11 58/10

I haven't been playing long, so maybe I'm not the best judge when it comes to calling a "Purist's" bag but that's what I think when I see your set-up. I get the vibe of a guy who can play and the most recent change he's made was swapping out for a new ball - long time ProV1 guy who tried out the V1x along with the Tour Preferred and well, we can see who won out. 5 is a solid number choice.

You've probably got one of those classic, effortless swings. Driver would indicate as much with that low-launch shaft and an 8.5* head you've got a 3-4* positive AoA. I get the feeling you're a player with 20+ years of experience, if you're a native of NC as well it may be closer to 30. I mean look, you've been a member here for over a decade. Probably in your mid forties (sorry if I'm over-estimating) and can sling the ball out there with whatever shape you want on a tidy line.

Fairway indicates the same thing, but that Proforce V2 helps get a little bit more height on that low-lofted spoon. That's gotta be a fun club and one that let's you attack par 5's or play to a strong position as needed on those tighter holes. With how some of the courses in coastal NC are designed I bet the fairway gets about as much action as your driver from the tee, and especially on par 4's below 400 yards where it's actually the preferred club.

Mizzy bladed irons and wedges were the real standout purist clubs in my opinion. The full set of MP68 would raise a few eyebrows on the first tee box when you see the sculpted muscle on the back and get's your partners wondering "Can this guy play?" Well, that though promptly changes to "Keep wallet in pocket." when a tidy, little wear-mark the size of a quarter in the center of the bat becomes visible as you pull a mid-iron on your approach. While you don't pure everything, but the good ones are worth talking about and that classic Mizuno buttery feel and feedback makes you keep the swing honest. None of that sloppy, lazy stuff need apply when you hit the links. The wedges are classic, but probably due for an update as the grooves are getting a bit smooth and worn down in spots. I'm going to guess you probably have them all shafted up with DG S400's maybe the AMT version? Possibly something different in the wedges, but probably the same family. It's the kind of stuff you started out growing up playing and there's been no need to change what works.

The Scotty putter is one of their best in my opinion - the flowneck with sight-dot, right? That shape is a classic and they didn't go over the top with colors, inserts, lines, etc. Just classy. This flat-stick is probably one of your favorite clubs in the bag and the thought of changing it out for one of the alien-looking, mallets that are all the rage seems blasphemous. What's MOI good for anyway when you have feel off the face of a blade like that?

I'm thinking you're a guy who picks apart the course and goes low by avoiding big blowups and giving yourself birdie looks by shooting for position. May have played off scratch at one point, but probably floating a few strokes above now as family life with a couple high school aged kids takes priority. Living in Hampstead, maybe you're a member at Belvedere CC or Olde Point and get out to play a full round a few times a month?

I'm hoping that I got close with this one. One thing for certain though, a burrito is definitely on the menu for lunch.

Mizuno MP68 3-PW

Mizuno MP-T11 50/06

Mizuno MP-T11 54/09

Mizuno MP-T11 58/10

A

Wow...talk about an in depth analysis. Lets see if I can break down everything.

Definitely dead on about the ball change (I'm sure that was easily surmised by my posts around here).

I'm not sure I'd consider my swing effortless, but its absolutely all natural and I haven't gone through a swing change since I started playing.

20+ years of experience is probably close if you take it back to the days of my dad and grandfather taking me to the putting green and par 3 course. I've been a member here for over a decade, but I'm actually only 27 (soon to be 28). Grew up in DE but have been in NC for the last 12 years. I do pride myself on being able to shape the ball if I need to, but I try to play to my strengths, which is a nice smooth draw.

If we're being honest, the 3 wood should come out on the tee way more often than it does. I tend to hit driver on most every hole I can...which sometimes hurts me by putting me too close to a green with a tight pin.

In regards to the gambling joke, I actually used to play almost ever saturday in a group that eventually wouldn't bet me unless I was taking 2 on 1 best ball bets. lol.

Thanks for a few years off due to buying a house and getting married, the T11 grooves are still in great shape, the 50* was a recent addition thats in as good condition as the rest, so they can all be replaced as a set when I need to.

Irons are shafted with DG X100s that are soft stepped. Got fitted for them at a Mizzy demo day but the wedges have DG Spinner shafts in them. Apart fro stiffness, I've played DG shafts all my life, so while KB Tours and Project X have interested me, I haven't found a reason to change.

You hit the putter dead on. Out of every club in my bag, its the one that causes me to cringe any time I think of taking it out of the bag. I haven't found anything remotely close that would cause me to even desire dropping it.

I definitely pride my low scores on staying away from blow ups...but I'm probably more aggressive than I should be when it comes to playing for position. I tend to throw caution to the wind hitting into most greens.

I still technically play to a scratch although I haven't broken par since coming back from my break (73,75,75,78). I was playing to a +2 back in my high school and college days when I was able to play 3-4 times a week or more.

My home course is Castle Bay (it's by far the best conditioned course in Hampstead....plus I worked there for 5 years), although for High school golf we alternated home courses between Olde Point and Belvedere depending on the year. My goal moving forward is to start playing a couple times a month...and by spring next year be up to 3-4 times a month.

I still want a Burrito.

Titleist TSR3 Ventus TR Blue 6X
Titleist TSi3 HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Mizuno MP20 HMB 18* HZRDUS Smoke 6.0
Kyoei KK Black MB 4-PW KBS Tour 125 S+
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 50/9
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 54/11
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 58/11
TaylorMade Tour Preferred Bandon 3
TaylorMade 2021 TP5X

Gah, sorry for aging you a bit! If it makes you feel better, people guess I'm around 7 years older than I actually am after meeting me... not sure if that's more of an reflection on my personality or appearance. Ball was a guess, but glad to hear I got that right. Soft stepped X100 = basically, close enough, almost S400... I'll give myself that one. Those MP68's are sweet sticks and so are the T11's! I'm a sucker for the classic look and would be hesitant to gamble with anyone playing them - a real players club. Aggressive lines are often the more fun ones, so no knocking you for opting that route. Putters more than others seem to be those clubs that once you find something that works you just can't seem to shelf them or opt for something new. I've only been playing a little over a year now, but can't imagine mine ever leaving the bag either. It just works. Solid shooting and good luck with the hunt for another sub-par round! In other news, my carnitas burrito was delicious.

For those of you posting your bags in the thread, please take the time to review someone else's too. Keeps the thread fun and alive.

TM R15 9.5*

Chrome Soft

Here's my bag

50-54-58 Md forged

Srixon Xv ball

Im guessing he said that bc there have been mentions of the CS jumping on some iron shots. Its pretty absurd to guess somebody has distance control issues bc they play the CS soft though.

For reference, im 30 years old.

Taylormade M2 10.5 (set to 11.25)

Taylormade M1 17* (set to 16.25)

Cobra Baffler 18.5*

Taylormade UDI 3 Iron

Mizuno MPH5 4 Iron

Mizuno MP33 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 Black Satin 52 & 60

Odyssey Works Versa 9

Bridgestone B330S

Judging by the range of brands in the bag and the quality of clubs, I'm guessing that you know a good amount about the game. Your profile is showing a 0 handicap, so that makes sense.

Public course player who is not afraid to make some bets on the course. You absolutely crush the M2, which is the reason you haven't matched the driver to the wood yet. The Odyssey works versa 9 shows that you don't mind being different and the black satin wedges show that you wanted to get clubs that showed your consistency and the dime size sweet spot you want to mark on the club faces.

11.25 seems a bit high on the driver for you, but you knew exactly what you were doing to have it set there.

Overall, love the set. Think you got a great selection and wish you the best of luck out there!

You're spot on about playing public courses and not being afraid to bet haha. Luckily for me the DC area has no shortage of fantastic public tracks. After my r580 finally gave in last year I had to pony up and get the '16 M2, which was eye opening. I have never had my driver and 3 wood match eachother...is that a thing for people other than pros? As for the black satin wedges - I just love the look of the shiny black (it doesnt hurt to have a nice silver wear spot on the face though). The driver loft seemed high for me too, but with the crazy low spin the M2 gives me, its a necessity that works. The Odyssey 9 has won me a lot of money. Oh and MP33's are my favorite golf club of all time, so giving those up will be tough, though ive been eyeing the JPX900 Tour's pretty hard. Cheers!

Seems like a fun thread.....here's my bag below

2017 M2 9* (set to 8.25) PX Handcrafted Black 6.5

917 F2 15* Speeder 7.2s TS

913H Speeder 8.8s TS

Callaway Apex U 21*

MP-64 4-pw S300

SM5 54M (raw)

SM5 60k (raw)

2008 Callaway white hot rossie mallet 33" (whole roll of lead tape on the bottom lol)

10.5* (@ 9*) Stealth+ w/ Diamana ZF 60s - 44.75"
16* (@ 15.6*) Tour Issue SLDR Mini w/ Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7s - 42.5" 
18* Tour Issue Stealth w/ Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s - 41.75"
ZX7 4-pw w/ Modus 120s
SM9 50 08F w/ Modus 120s

SM9 55 13D w/ Modus 120s
33" Piretti Cottonwood 2

TP5x