judging players by their bags

MtlJeff

This is a fun thread to read. Lets give this a shot.

Driver: Callaway GBB EPIC 10.5* w/ Project X HZRDUS T800 Stiff

3 Wood: Ping G30 14.5* w/ TFC 419F Stiff

5 Wood: Ping G30 18* w/ TFC 419F Stiff

3-PW: Nike Vapor Pro w/ X-100 AMT

Wedges: 54/58* Callaway Mack Daddy Forged w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S-200

Putter: Ping Cadence Anser 2 Counterbalance

Driver: Callaway GBB EPIC 10.5* w/ [color=#545454][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=1]Project X [/size][/font][/color][color=#6A6A6A][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][size=1][b]HZRDUS T800 [/b][/size][/font][/color]
3 Wood: Ping G30 14.5* w/ TFC 419F Stiff
5 Wood: Ping G30 18* w/ TFC 419F Stiff
3-PW: Nike Vapor Pro w/ X-100 AMT
Wedges: 54/58* Callaway Mack Daddy Forged w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S-200
Putter: Ping Cadence Anser 2 Counterbalance
Bag: 2017 Ping Hoofer

• 2 weeks later...

I always absolutely love reading this thread. Fun way to shamelessly judge people based on their gear for the lolz. Completely different setup since last posting in here so figure I'll give it another go.

Driver - Ping G 9* with a Handcrafted HZRDUS Black 75 6.0 Tipped 1" - Blacked out the blue lines on the sole of the club and this club looks absolutely lethal.

3 wood - Taylormade Aeroburner TP with some lead tape and an 8m3 black tie x flex(may be swapping to an 80m4 Stiff tipped 1-1.5") added the alternating alignment lines on the face like the Anser hybrid has, and colored all the red/silver design on the sole black as well as the alignment aid.

Hybrid - Ping Anser 17* with some lead tape and a Matrix HM3 Black Tie 95x

Driving iron - Ping Rapture DI bent to 20* with a Matrix HM3 Black Tie 105x

Irons - Ping S55's 4-PW with C-Taper Lite 115x and a crap load of lead tape on the back of each club.

Wedges - Callaway MD2 52* & 58* with Dynamic Gold tour issue X100's. Paintfill has been removed except the Callaway symbol, my stamped name, the loft/bounce, and the word "forged" on the hosel which were filled with a flat white paint. Also followed suit with the Ping irons and added white paint to the bottom groove for an alignment aid. Slate finish has been stripped and the wedges have a gorgeous raw finish.

Putter - A SeeMore Giant with custom paintfill, a UST frequency filtered shaft, and a white SuperStroke Flatso 3.0. Used heat shrink tubing to make the end of the shaft black like a typical SeeMore. Putter head is all black except for the alignment aids and 2 silver weights on bottom.

Quite uptight about my gear so its almost always spotlessly clean haha.

All gripped with black Pure Pro Midsize Ribbed grips.

Titleist TS2 9.5* w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 60x
Taylormade M2 Tour 15* w/Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 8x
Ping Anser 17* w/Fuji Motore Speeder TS 9.8x
Ping Anser 20* w/Fuji Motore Speeder TS 9.8x
Mizuno MP-18 SC 4-PW w/PX LZ 6.0
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52* and 58* w/Dynamic Gold TI X100
SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange Stealth w/SuperStroke Flatso 3.0 CC
Winn DriTac w/4 extra wraps under bottom hand
ProV1

This seems like a fun thread

Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (hosel set to -2*) Aldila Rogue Silver 70X/Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution TS X

TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW DGX100

Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[color=#0000cd][b]Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400[/b][/color]
[b]Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0[/b]

Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (hosel set to -2*) Aldila Rogue Silver 70X/Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution TS X

Pretty good player, probably around a 4-6 HC. Your irons are the best part of your game followed by your wedges. You struggle with your driver because you carry a 13* TEE Exotics, or you play super tight long courses. I'm gonna go with you struggle with driving. You are a decent putter but struggle with lag or putts outside 10 feet. You struggle with spin or negative AOA which cost you distance. Probably drive it 270 carry.

Pretty good player, probably around a 4-6 HC. Your irons are the best part of your game followed by your wedges. You struggle with your driver because you carry a 13* TEE Exotics, or you play super tight long courses. I'm gonna go with you struggle with driving. You are a decent putter but struggle with lag or putts outside 10 feet. You struggle with spin or negative AOA which cost you distance. Probably drive it 270 carry.

Haha. Handicap figure is close and same goes for irons being the best part of the game but it's closely followed by the long sticks then the wedges. I carry a 13* 3 wood to bring the height down as much as i can so that i don't lose them in windy conditions (eventhough i rarely hit them)

You are spot on for putting. Not getting out enough or practicing usually takes me a few holes to get used to the green and get closer and closer from outside of 10' as the game progresses further. I think the grip definitely is helping

As for the carry distance, i can carry it little further than 270 with CHS clocked in at around 122 with driver shaft and 118~119 with 3 wood shaft during TM fitting on flightscope. :)

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[color=#0000cd][b]Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400[/b][/color]
[b]Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0[/b]

915 9.5* D2 with Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65-05

910F 15* with stock whiteboard, but just picked up a 917 16.5* F2 with AD BB 7X

913 19* with Rip Phenom

850 Forged 4-PW X100

50,54,58 SM5 with TI X100 in 50,54 and 58 with TI S400

Scotty X5R with a SS 2.0 Counter Balanced weight. It plays at 37 or 38

Nice set of sticks. Would wager you're a tall guy - 6'3"-6'6" range who gets a lot of power into the swing. Driver SS in the 108-112mph range carrying 265 yards on a high draw and 6 iron SS right around 85mph. Probably a mid to high single digit handicap who favored the Mizunos over other Titliest offerings for the sake of not having the pressure of needing to pure it every single time. Iron play is solid, short game is dependable, but you get the most fun out of letting the big-dog eat and pulling driver just because of how good that 915 & Oban Kiyo Purple combo feels (awesome club). Putting can be streaky whether they drop or not; some days you cant miss and others you have a frustrating number of tap-ins from within a foot. Practice greens are probably where you spend most of your time warming up before a round. Definitely a ProV1x guy. And you like parkland more than links courses.

-Am I close?

Here's my standard, go play anywhere, bag if someone wants a crack at it:

Callaway XR16 SubZero set at 8.5* on an Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited 60g 05 flex + 16g Tour Lock Pro, plays at 44"

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 set at 16.0* on an Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited 70g 05 flex + 16g Tour Lock Pro, plays at 42.5"

Callaway Apex 18.0* Hybrid with an Oban Kiyoshi White 95g 05 flex

Edel CB Irons 4-Pw (Lofts from 24* to 47*) with KBS C-Taper S120 Shafts,

Edel wedges 51, 55, 59 Degrees with KBS HiRev 2.0 Shafts

Edel E-3 Torque Balanced Putter 33" + 80g Tour Lock Opti-vibe, BestGrips Rancher Leather Pistol Grip

Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

913 19* with Rip Phenom

850 Forged 4-PW X100

Nice set of sticks. Would wager you're a tall guy - 6'3"-6'6" range who gets a lot of power into the swing. Driver SS in the 108-112mph range carrying 265 yards on a high draw and 6 iron SS right around 85mph. Probably a mid to high single digit handicap who favored the Mizunos over other Titliest offerings for the sake of not having the pressure of needing to pure it every single time. Iron play is solid, short game is dependable, but you get the most fun out of letting the big-dog eat and pulling driver just because of how good that 915 & Oban Kiyo Purple combo feels (awesome club). Putting can be streaky whether they drop or not; some days you cant miss and others you have a frustrating number of tap-ins from within a foot. Practice greens are probably where you spend most of your time warming up before a round. Definitely a ProV1x guy. And you like parkland more than links courses.

-Am I close?

Here's my standard, go play anywhere, bag if someone wants a crack at it:

Callaway XR16 SubZero set at 8.5* on an Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited 60g 05 flex + 16g Tour Lock Pro, plays at 44"

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 set at 16.0* on an Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited 70g 05 flex + 16g Tour Lock Pro, plays at 42.5"

Callaway Apex 18.0* Hybrid with an Oban Kiyoshi White 95g 05 flex

Edel CB Irons 4-Pw (Lofts from 24* to 47*) with KBS C-Taper S120 Shafts,

Edel wedges 51, 55, 59 Degrees with KBS HiRev 2.0 Shafts

Edel E-3 Torque Balanced Putter 33" + 80g Tour Lock Opti-vibe, BestGrips Rancher Leather Pistol Grip

Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

You are probably around a 3-5 handicap that has a fairly high swing speed(115mph). You used to hit it wayward often but the lock has given you stability. You have a high ball flight, hence the C-Tapers. You stuck with what you like in the Callaway woods. Your iron play is good, but sometimes inconsistent. You are a great wedge player because you hit it around 275 yards consistently. Attacking pins whenever you have a wedge in your hand, your scrambling is what you fall back on if you need to. You putting is not your strong suit, as it is the speed that is your weakness. Overall a good player that hits it a long way. MY turn!

Driver: Taylormade SLDR 12* Stock REG shaft

3 Wood: Titleist 917 f2 Kuro Kage 60gram stiff flex5 wood: Adams Golf Speedline Super S Black 18* Lite Stiff Shaft

Irons: Taylormade Speedblade HL 4-GW stock regular plus shaftWedges: Cleveland RTX 3. 54*(11), 58*

Putter: Taylormade Monte Carlo Tour Ghost Black

913 19* with Rip Phenom

850 Forged 4-PW X100

-Am I close?

Actually only 5'10", and driver SS is pretty close. I usually play a slight fade with the driver but in irons I play a slight draw. HC is pretty close, dropped from a 12.6 to 10.5 in the last two months. Been playing the best golf of my short 3 year career. Last 3 rounds are 85,83,76 so trending to a single hopefully. My irons are definitely solid, and inside 100 is what keeps me from going low. The big dog loves to eat, I absolutely smoke it. One of my favorite clubs in my bag. You are spot on with my putting. Ball wise actually play the Z Star XV, it seems to get along with my game. I used to play V1X, but switched and haven't looked back since. There isn't but one links course that I know of in Alabama, so you are right most of my golf is played on the RTJ Trail.

You are probably around a 3-5 handicap that has a fairly high swing speed(115mph). You used to hit it wayward often but the lock has given you stability. You have a high ball flight, hence the C-Tapers. You stuck with what you like in the Callaway woods. Your iron play is good, but sometimes inconsistent. You are a great wedge player because you hit it around 275 yards consistently. Attacking pins whenever you have a wedge in your hand, your scrambling is what you fall back on if you need to. You putting is not your strong suit, as it is the speed that is your weakness. Overall a good player that hits it a long way. MY turn!

Driver: Taylormade SLDR 12* Stock REG shaft

3 Wood: Titleist 917 f2 Kuro Kage 60gram stiff flex5 wood: Adams Golf Speedline Super S Black 18* Lite Stiff Shaft

Irons: Taylormade Speedblade HL 4-GW stock regular plus shaftWedges: Cleveland RTX 3. 54*(11), 58*

Putter: Taylormade Monte Carlo Tour Ghost Black

Not bad! I carry a high single digit index and feel I just need to play more to cut strokes at this point. I'm a little over a year into the game and driving was an issue when I started - wayward often and the decent ones weren't that deep. But having a friend who's a master fitter for Edel (thus their strong presence in my bag) has helped get the game dialed: drives favor accuracy over outright distance on most courses I play and I have a mid-trajectory draw that carries around 250-255 yards consistently, then rolls out to the 270-275 yards you mentioned - 115mph head speed is trying to swing out of my shoes, normal going for it is right around 110mph; iron play is decent, I just get caught up overthinking my shot at times and trying to do to much with shape - still got to hit the damn ball at the end of the day; scrambling and the short game is my strong-suit and favorite thing to practice, I get excited about anything within 100 yards; putting is solid, but streaky and seems to just depend on the day until I can get out and practice on greens some more.

This looks interesting!

Driver - Callaway 816 Alpha DBD (set to 10* Neutral) | Graphite Design black AD-DI 6x 44.75"

3wood - Callaway 816 Alpha 14* | Matrix Ozik XCON 5s

Hybrid - Ping G 19* | Ping Tour 90 S

Irons 3-pw - Mizuno MP-64 | KBS Tour-V S

Wedges - Callaway black MD3 54* (bent to 52*) and 58* | s300

Putter - Taylor Made Spider Tour Red 34" SS slim 3.0 countercore

My Bag for this season, love to read the overview of this

Driver - Callaway Epic Sub Zero (set to 9.5* Neutral) | Fujikora Shaft X Stiff Shaft Cut to 43"

3wood - Cobra F7 3-4 (set to 14.5* Neutral) | Fujikora Shaft X Stiff Shaft Cut to 1/2" short

Hybrid 2 - Cobra F7 2-3 (set to 17.5* Neutral) | Fujikora Shaft X Stiff Shaft Cut to 1/2" short

Hybrid 3 - Cobra F7 3-4 (set to 21.5* Neutral) | Fujikora Shaft X Stiff Shaft Cut to 1/2" short

Irons 5-pw - Cobra Amp Forged 1 deg flat, 1/2 short | Project X 6.5 Shaft

Wedges - Callaway Forged 50/54/58 | 1 deg flat | Project X 6.5 Shaft

Putter - Taylor Made Daddy Longleg 31-35 counterbalance.

Ball - Titleist DT Truesoft

Personally I couldnt give two craps what people think of me or my clubs. But here is what i own

Nike Vapor Fly Driver

Exotics 16 degree wood with an upgraded shaft (received for free from my old boss)

Ping G30 5-PW

52 degree SM6

56 degree Callaway X wedge

60 degree Callaway MD 3

Ping Anser Milled Putter

I usually shoot between 90-95. I dont have a loyalty to any brand, the 52 was bought because I found it online for $50 and it was basically brand new. The 60 degree, I found someone selling a brand new RTX3 in the packaging for $55, bought it and took it to dicks to get store credit and bought the Callaway MD3. The putter was also basically brand new and the guy was selling it for $90

The driver i bought when nike reduced everything and got that for about $150

Even though I have nice stuff, it's not like i pay full price for this stuff. So ya maybe I should be hitting a Top Flite wedge with how I shoot, but hell if I can get a almost new SM6 for $50, I'm taking it!

Personally I couldnt give two craps what people think of me or my clubs. But here is what i own

Nike Vapor Fly Driver

Exotics 16 degree wood with an upgraded shaft (received for free from my old boss)

Ping G30 5-PW

52 degree SM6

60 degree Callaway MD 3

Ping Anser Milled Putter

I usually shoot between 90-95. I dont have a loyalty to any brand, the 52 was bought because I found it online for $50 and it was basically brand new. The 60 degree, I found someone selling a brand new RTX3 in the packaging for $55, bought it and took it to dicks to get store credit and bought the Callaway MD3. The putter was also basically brand new and the guy was selling it for $90

Even though I have nice stuff, it's not like i pay full price for this stuff. So ya maybe I should be hitting a Top Flite wedge with how I shoot, but hell if I can get a almost new SM6 for $50, I'm taking it!

Then why did you post your setup?

Driver: Ping G25

4w & 7w: Ping G25

23° Hybrid: Ping G25

5i - pw: Mizuno MP64

54° & 58°: Cleveland RTX 4 raw

Putter: The Wilson 8802 (vintage model)

Ball:  Titleist Pro V1x
Bag: Original Jones Golf Bag (green)

Nike Vapor Fly Driver

Ping G30 5-PW

52 degree SM6

60 degree Callaway MD 3

Ping Anser Milled Putter

cuz I wanted to, did I ask anyone what they thought of it or to provide me with opinions? I dont believe I did.

And also to make the point that for the people who like to judge, just because someone has nice clubs doesn't mean they spent $2000 on the set and some 'spoiled rich kid'.

Case in point my driver, two wedges, and putter probably at one point retailed for $900 for those four clubs, I' spent around $350 on all of them.

Driver - Callaway Epic Sub Zero (set to 9.5* Neutral) | Fujikora Shaft X Stiff Shaft Cut to 43"

3wood - Cobra F7 3-4 (set to 14.5* Neutral) | Fujikora Shaft X Stiff Shaft Cut to 1/2" short

Hybrid 2 - Cobra F7 2-3 (set to 17.5* Neutral) | Fujikora Shaft X Stiff Shaft Cut to 1/2" short

Hybrid 3 - Cobra F7 3-4 (set to 21.5* Neutral) | Fujikora Shaft X Stiff Shaft Cut to 1/2" short

A strong golf swing, indicated by the shafts, and 2 hybrid. A single digit hc, but perhaps a high single digit, indicated by the ball you use. Methodical player, not so much a feel player, indicated by the 4 wedges at 4* separation, and the DLL putter.

How'd I do?

Nike Vapor Fly Driver

Ping G30 5-PW

52 degree SM6

60 degree Callaway MD 3

Ping Anser Milled Putter

cuz I wanted to, did I ask anyone what they thought of it or to provide me with opinions? I dont believe I did.

And also to make the point that for the people who like to judge, just because someone has nice clubs doesn't mean they spent $2000 on the set and some 'spoiled rich kid'.

Case in point my driver, two wedges, and putter probably at one point retailed for $900 for those four clubs, I' spent around $350 on all of them.

ok

I'm In

Ping Hoofer bag

Callaway Epic Sub Zero rogue max 65s

Callaway Epic 5 wood, plays at 17 deg. Project X 6.0 T800

Callaway Steelhead XR 3 hybrid stiff

Callaway Steelhead XR 4-PW. Dynamic Gold XP 105 s300

Callaway MD3 50/54/58

Odyssey O Works 1

Taylormade M6
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
SC Phantom X 5.5

Nike Vapor Fly Driver

Ping G30 5-PW

52 degree SM6

60 degree Callaway MD 3

Ping Anser Milled Putter

Nothing wrong with your clubs. Although, your set up is a clear give away that you are not a good golfer, which is validated by your scores in the 90's, yikes. Going from 16* to 5 iron usually indicates a lack of skill, or lack of awareness that there is a major portion of the bag missing. Also, you probably shouldn't use a 60* wedge at your ability level. A 56* would probably suit you well, so you can just practice and get familiar with that one club.

Nike Vapor Fly Driver

Ping G30 5-PW

52 degree SM6

60 degree Callaway MD 3

Ping Anser Milled Putter

Nothing wrong with your clubs. Although, your set up is a clear give away that you are not a good golfer, which is validated by your scores in the 90's, yikes. Going from 16* to 5 iron usually indicates a lack of skill, or lack of awareness that there is a major portion of the bag missing. Also, you probably shouldn't use a 60* wedge at your ability level. A 56* would probably suit you well, so you can just practice and get familiar with that one club.

See here is why judging is wrong

1. There is no real gap that is killing me in my clubs, I don't play incredibly long courses, most par 4's I have a chance at reaching the green. I can hit my 5 iron around 200.

2. The 60 works just fine for me...again judgement without even seeing me swing a club. My issue around the greens is either short arming my chip and it only going 5 feet due to the 'yips' as i call it or the occasional blade but those have lessened as of late I feel since I've learned more about bounce and gotten wedges with a bounce I feel suits me better..

The main issue why i'm in the 90's is my play around the green and iron accuracy. I played yesterday, a handful of times, if the ball was straight I would have been 5 feet from the hole but I wasn't, I was directly right or left of the hole and about 10 feet off the green.

Distance has never been my issue, accuracy is. I can reach almost any hole on any course I play in regulation if I hit good shots. I'm not playing 7000 yard courses, typically range in the 6100-6300 range I would say.

And ya maybe the 90's suck but I dont feel its terrible given that I had to quit the game for 10 years (moved to Chicago and didn't have a car) until last late July when I finally got a car and was able to drive to suburbs to play the courses.

This will really get your panties in a bunch...I dont even use the 16 degree wood on the fairway :D its 5 iron or less

Nike Vapor Fly Driver

Ping G30 5-PW

52 degree SM6

60 degree Callaway MD 3

Ping Anser Milled Putter

See here is why judging is wrong

1. There is no real gap that is killing me in my clubs, I don't play incredibly long courses, most par 4's I have a chance at reaching the green. I can hit my 5 iron around 200.

2. The 60 works just fine for me...again judgement without even seeing me swing a club. My issue around the greens is either short arming my chip and it only going 5 feet due to the 'yips' as i call it or the occasional blade but those have lessened as of late I feel since I've learned more about bounce and gotten wedges with a bounce I feel suits me better..

The main issue why i'm in the 90's is my play around the green and iron accuracy. I played yesterday, a handful of times, if the ball was straight I would have been 5 feet from the hole but I wasn't, I was directly right or left of the hole and about 10 feet off the green.

Distance has never been my issue, accuracy is. I can reach almost any hole on any course I play in regulation if I hit good shots. I'm not playing 7000 yard courses, typically range in the 6100-6300 range I would say.

And ya maybe the 90's suck but I dont feel its terrible given that I had to quit the game for 10 years (moved to Chicago and didn't have a car) until last late July when I finally got a car and was able to drive to suburbs to play the courses.

This will really get your panties in a bunch...I dont even use the 16 degree wood on the fairway :D its 5 iron or less

Gotcha! :derisive: I knew you cared what others thought, or else you wouldn't have responded to correct my assessment of your bag. I'm just playing around, my friend. We all enjoy this great game of golf! :taunt:

Hit em good

p.s. how did you know I wear panties?!?! I thought that was a secret!!! :lol:

I'm In

Ping Hoofer bag

Callaway MD3 50/54/58

Odyssey O Works 1

I'll take on this bag. Of course, I only take on bags that I like. I'm guessing you're just hitting your 5th decade of life and your nephew just got a new job at a golf course who is Callaway only pro-shop. So sweet, that for your 50th he used his PUD to totally set you up. For life. Well, we always like to think that don't we? You're currently a 7 HCP golfing a the local muni course. At just over 6000 yards, who needs a 3-wood on this track? Not when a 17 degree 5 wood is in the world! You play great when there are several divisions and you get in division 2. But boy does it suck when turn out is short and you're going against the 3 HCP guys scratch. The clubs were supposed to help, but dang it, they're just clubs.

Here is where the fun begins: The Ping Hoofer Bag. This doesn't fit this set of clubs at all, but it is a throwback to your old self. For the past 25 years prior to this gift of clubs you played that same set of Ping Eye 2 irons. For woods you used to play the Callaway Steelheads, so the all Callaway feels just fine. Unfortunately you do read WRX more than you should, or you would have never ended up with this 54/58 combo. You've contemplated putting the Ping Eye 2 SW back in the bag to replace both those clubs, but dang it, that club is not in your possession anymore, instead it is in the bag of your pro-shop working nephew who digs the spin he thinks he can create.

Now if only Phil could hit some magic and win another major you could stop hearing your nephew praise Jordan for a day or two!

Edit: of course I could be totally wrong and you are in fact the nephew. Mid 20s and this is your first complete set of clubs. You're currently a 14 HCP and you hope this new job will allow you to get the HCP down to a 5 or so, so you can finally give your uncle a real run for his money. The Ping Hoofer is your uncle's old carry bag that you like way more than you thought, but after next month's paycheck, it will be a Callaway bag on your shoulders...

I'm In

Ping Hoofer bag

Callaway MD3 50/54/58

Odyssey O Works 1

I'll take on this bag. Of course, I only take on bags that I like. I'm guessing you're just hitting your 5th decade of life and your nephew just got a new job at a golf course who is Callaway only pro-shop. So sweet, that for your 50th he used his PUD to totally set you up. For life. Well, we always like to think that don't we? You're currently a 7 HCP golfing a the local muni course. At just over 6000 yards, who needs a 3-wood on this track? Not when a 17 degree 5 wood is in the world! You play great when there are several divisions and you get in division 2. But boy does it suck when turn out is short and you're going against the 3 HCP guys scratch. The clubs were supposed to help, but dang it, they're just clubs.

Here is where the fun begins: The Ping Hoofer Bag. This doesn't fit this set of clubs at all, but it is a throwback to your old self. For the past 25 years prior to this gift of clubs you played that same set of Ping Eye 2 irons. For woods you used to play the Callaway Steelheads, so the all Callaway feels just fine. Unfortunately you do read WRX more than you should, or you would have never ended up with this 54/58 combo. You've contemplated putting the Ping Eye 2 SW back in the bag to replace both those clubs, but dang it, that club is not in your possession anymore, instead it is in the bag of your pro-shop working nephew who digs the spin he thinks he can create.

Now if only Phil could hit some magic and win another major you could stop hearing your nephew praise Jordan for a day or two!

Edit: of course I could be totally wrong and you are in fact the nephew. Mid 20s and this is your first complete set of clubs. You're currently a 14 HCP and you hope this new job will allow you to get the HCP down to a 5 or so, so you can finally give your uncle a real run for his money. The Ping Hoofer is your uncle's old carry bag that you like way more than you thought, but after next month's paycheck, it will be a Callaway bag on your shoulders...

Hahha entertaining! 11 hdcp. I'm 35. But you did nail Ping Eye 2s. Played them various sets of them from 15 until 30. Had Steelhead woods! Hoofer bag because I like to walk and it's the lightest bag I've found. Toying with going back to Forged irons but Steelheads are just so damn easy to hit.

Only safe things in the bag are Epic 4 wood, wedges and putter. Trying out a new Epic Sub Zero. Who knows tomorrow I might buy another set of Hogan Alex Plus and throw them in my bag. Just never know haha

Taylormade M6
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
SC Phantom X 5.5

Taylormade M2 ('16) Driver - 10.5* - Kuro Kage Red

Ping Anser 3w - 15* - Ping Tour 80

Srixon U45 2i - 18* - stock stiff

Mizuno MP-H5 3i - C-Taper Lite stiff

Mizuno JPX800 Pro 4-Pw - Project X 6.5 High Launch

Nike Engage 52*, 58*

Nike Origin B2-01

Probably high single digits, good iron player wanting the feel of forged but a little forgiveness. M2 is a bomber for you, but for some reason you hit the anser better. Heavy shafts, likely somewhat younger-mid 30's, high swing speed but looks like slowing a bit, as your newer clubs seem to be lower on stiffness.

Maybe not the best short game, or maybe you are a minimalist for short game work, just two wedges, had them a while and are used to them.

Here's my setup:

PING G LS Fujikura XLR8 51

Callaway XR16 Pro Fujikura XLR8 61

Callaway 19* Hybrid Fujikura Pro Series 73

PING S55 3 iron Recoil 110 F4

PING S55 4-PW KBS C-Taper Lite 110g

Titliest Vokey 54/58 S Grind

PING Vault Anser2

PING G430 LST 10* Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50S

PING G430 LST 3Wd 16.0* Fujikura XLR8 61

PING iCrossover Ventus Blue HB 7R

PING i525 4-PW Mitsubishi OTi 105 Stiff

Edel 47* TRP/54* DVR/58* DVR KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

PING PLD DZB Proto

Seems like a lot of fun

Cheers

GBB Epic Sub Zero 10.5* - Tour AD DI 6X

917 F2 15* - Oban Kiyoshi Gold O5

TM TP UDI 18* - Fujikura 869 Speeder Evo TS X

Ping iBlade 4-9 - Project X 6.5

Vokey SM6 46.08F, 52.12F, 58.08M

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2 (SS Flatso 1.0)

ProV1x

TaylorMade Qi10 (10.5*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7 X

TaylorMade Stealth Plus+ (15*) - GD Tour-AD GP 7 X

TaylorMade SIM DHY (3) - MRC MMT 105 TX

Callaway Apex MB (18) (4-P) - KBS Tour V 120

TaylorMade MG4 (50,56,60) - TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

Taylormade M2 ('16) Driver - 10.5* - Kuro Kage Red

Ping Anser 3w - 15* - Ping Tour 80

Srixon U45 2i - 18* - stock stiff

Mizuno MP-H5 3i - C-Taper Lite stiff

Mizuno JPX800 Pro 4-Pw - Project X 6.5 High Launch

Nike Engage 52*, 58*

Nike Origin B2-01

Probably high single digits, good iron player wanting the feel of forged but a little forgiveness. M2 is a bomber for you, but for some reason you hit the anser better. Heavy shafts, likely somewhat younger-mid 30's, high swing speed but looks like slowing a bit, as your newer clubs seem to be lower on stiffness.

Maybe not the best short game, or maybe you are a minimalist for short game work, just two wedges, had them a while and are used to them.

Here's my setup:

PING G LS Fujikura XLR8 51

Callaway XR16 Pro Fujikura XLR8 61

Callaway 19* Hybrid Fujikura Pro Series 73

PING S55 3 iron Recoil 110 F4

PING S55 4-PW KBS C-Taper Lite 110g

Titliest Vokey 54/58 S Grind

PING Vault Anser2

More than likely a low single digit HC, as indicated by your choice of s55's as well as carrying the 3. The recoil in the 3 iron is also a skilled player move that I'm sure allows you to get the balll tossed up in there just that extra little bit so you can hit whatever trajectory window that you prefer to see. Also it would appear as though you either place a premium on speed, have been or are dealing with injuries (likely back), or are older than 35 or so, as all of the shafts you game would fall in to the "Lightweight" category. Probably a Ping loyalist who just happened to have found something that works a little better for you with the XR fairway and the cally hybrid. Overall nice set up that would appeal to a large large group of players and wrx'ers.

TaylorMade Qi10 (10.5*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7 X

TaylorMade Stealth Plus+ (15*) - GD Tour-AD GP 7 X

TaylorMade SIM DHY (3) - MRC MMT 105 TX

Callaway Apex MB (18) (4-P) - KBS Tour V 120

TaylorMade MG4 (50,56,60) - TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

A strong golf swing, indicated by the shafts, and 2 hybrid. A single digit hc, but perhaps a high single digit, indicated by the ball you use. Methodical player, not so much a feel player, indicated by the 4 wedges at 4* separation, and the DLL putter.

How'd I do?

Close... Very close.

Im a 11 HC that can play to singles, yet i cannot chip to save my life.

my Driver SS is 111 on a good day, generally 106

6 iron is 93 ss

I like full shots, and struggle under 100 yrds :(

The ball is actually quite good, i switched to it as i was sick of paying Pro V1 prices, and from testing the DT TruSoft is a fantastic underrated ball.

Great guess

Have to agree with others, a pleasure to read!

Callaway Carrybag with team logo (about 2009)

Callaway 815 GBB Alpha 9,0* - Speeder 661 TS - S

Callaway 815 GBB Alpha Fw 3 15* - Speeder 661 TS - S

Callaway Apex Utility 21* - Recoil - S

Callaway Apex MB (2014, not latest) 4-Pw - Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour130 - Stiff

Callaway MD2 Tour Grind - 52,56,60 - S400

Odyssey Protype Tour Issue 4HT

Callaway Chrome Soft X/ Pro V1X

These are great!

Driver - Taylormade 10.5 M2 2017 Hzrdus Red 75g 6.5

3 Wood - Taylormade M2 2017 Hzrdus Red 75g 6.0

3 Hybrid - Taylormade 2017 M2 Fuji Speeder 869 Evo 82h

-- 2 Iron -- TMB

-- 3 Iron -- P770

4 - PW - P770

50*, 56*, 60* - Taylormade Milled Grind

Putter - Spider Platinum

Ball - ProV1 2017

-- The 2I and 3I are interchangeable with the 3H.

Go on, becuase I'm feeling brave:

Nike Covert Tour - Kuro Kage 60g X-Stiff

Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2-iron - KBS C-Taper 120S

Nike Blades 2i-9i - DG S400

Nike Engage Wedges - 50, 54 and 58

Yonex Super A.D.X Tour Forged Putter

Ball: Nike RZN Black/Platinum

Bag: Sun Mountain Four 5

The Dee Three - Titleist TS4 9.5 deg, EvenFlow White 6.5 65g, A1 Setting

Henrik - Titleist 917 F3 15 deg, Rogue Max 75x, B2 Setting

The Walking Stick - Titleist 818 H2 19 deg, Rogue Max 85x, B2 Setting

The Interloper - TaylorMade P770 3 iron, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5inch +1 deg loft

The Blades - Nike VR Pro 4 - AW, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5 inch

The Sand Iron - TaylorMade MG2 TW-12 Grind, 56 degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Flopper - TaylorMade MG2 TW-11 Grind, 60 Degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Putter - Nike Method 003 from The Oven

"Golf is only called golf as all the other four letter words have been taken"     - Leslie Nielsen