judging players by their bags

MtlJeff

I’ll play!

COL_B:

You’re a decent stick, but you’re realistic and don’t let your ego get in the way. You have the ball striking ability to launch an 18* driving iron on a tight hole, and usually don’t end up too far behind your playing partners’ drivers. But you also have no problem bagging a high lofted hybrid if the course calls for it. You obviously care about your clubs, and stick with what works.

Now for a mixed bag:

Adams 9064LS 9.5* — Graffaloy Prolaunch Red 65 X

TM r7 TP 15* — V2 75S

TM vsteel 18* — V2 75S

TEE CB Proh 21* driving iron — Stock Fuji Fuel (recent pickup/experiment)

PING i25 4-PW — CFS Stiff

PING Glide 52*

PING Glide 58*

Black Lab Custom BL1

Black PING carry bag with some well loved UGA headcovers

Ok, I'll play...

Murray...

The top of you're bag screams connoisseur, those are some of the best woods ever made, letting go of my 9064ls is one of my only regrets.

Which leads to a surprising iron/wedge set... The 25's are a bit bigger with a fair amount of offset, I'm going to guess that you learned on or gamed something like the Ping Eye 2's or something similar and like the classic ping look. As these irons aren't really conducive to moving the ball around I would guess you play a pretty straight ball and don't take a lot of risks on course. Fairways, greens, you make a lot of pars and the occasional bird but you're not one for going low or stringing birds together, however you almost never double or worse... You beat opponents with diesel engine like consistency and avoiding silly mistakes. You give thought to where you leave you're ball in regards to you're next shot and avoid being out of position leaving difficult followup shots.

The putter tells me you have good touch, and enjoy, and practice putting a lot, I bet you could 2 putt from the parking lot.

My Bag:

D1: Taylormade M3 9.5 1 click open. 44.5" Aldila Phene'd 70TX tipped .75"

3W: '17 Taylormade M2 15. 42.5" Aldila Green Mamba 80tx tipped .5"

DI: Dynacraft 18 deg. Driving iron Bent to 16 degrees and open. 40" Oban Prototype hybrid shaft (it's got no markings whatsoever but it has Stiff AF written on butte :).

4i: Mizuno MMC

5,6i: Mizuno SC

7-Pw: Mizuno MP-18 MB

Iron Shafts: Nippon Modus 120TX

GW: Vokey SM6 50.12.F

SW: Vokey SM6 54.14.F

LW: Vokey 58.6.K

Wedge shafts Nippon 125 Wedge

Putter: 34" Red Spider. Garsen Edge Pro 4 wraps.

Ball: Taylormade TP5X

Red, White, and Blue Sun Mountain 4.5 stand bag, and I have a Black leather Driver headcover with a giant white stitched Punisher Skull on it.

My Bag:

DI: Dynacraft 18 deg. Driving iron Bent to 16 degrees and open. 40" Oban Prototype hybrid shaft (it's got no markings whatsoever but it has Stiff AF written on butte :).

Red, White, and Blue Sun Mountain 4.5 stand bag, and I have a Black leather Driver headcover with a giant white stitched Punisher Skull on it.

Okay I would put together that you are a 10 or less Handicap, with super great taste in clubs. Would probably take my skins. Likes to tinker quite a bit with his own clubs. IF married, wife does not know how much tinkering is done. Punisher skull might mean you shoot or want to shoot 3gun. (I shoot 3 gun. Punisher skulls are plentiful). Like the technology that Tmag puts out, which also leads me to believe you are a tinker-er.

Flame suit on:

Driver: Titleist 917 D3

3w: Titleist 917 F2

2i: 718 TMB KBS tour stiff

4-6i Titleist 712 AP2 KBS Tour Stiff

7-Pw: Titleist 712 MB KBS Tour Stiff

52/56/60: SM5 Vokeys

Putter: 2016 Newport / Bradley Putter luna Wooden putter / Origional Ping Dalehead Anser

Bag: Titleist Sunday Carry Bag

what about judging players by there swings , every bit as bad

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

Flame suit on:

Putter: 2016 Newport / Bradley Putter luna Wooden putter / Origional Ping Dalehead Anser

8 HDCP, you love the way a titleist club looks and feels and you have some serious brand loyalty. You also have some pretty ripped calves because you walk all the time and despise lazy people with there carts.

Driver: 915D2

3W: Nike Sasquatch 15*

HY: Adams Speedline Super LS 21*

4-P: Srixon 945

50/54/58: SM5 Vokeys

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Blade putter

Bag: Ping Hoofer Team

My Bag:

Okay I would put together that you are a 10 or less Handicap, with super great taste in clubs. Would probably take my skins. Likes to tinker quite a bit with his own clubs. IF married, wife does not know how much tinkering is done. Punisher skull might mean you shoot or want to shoot 3gun. (I shoot 3 gun. Punisher skulls are plentiful). Like the technology that Tmag puts out, which also leads me to believe you are a tinker-er.

Flame suit on:

"IF married, wife does not know how much tinkering is done." Well Played...

"Punisher skull might mean you shoot or want to shoot 3gun. (I shoot 3 gun. Punisher skulls are plentiful)." I don't know what it's called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life....

Ok, I'll play...

Murray...

The top of you're bag screams connoisseur, those are some of the best woods ever made, letting go of my 9064ls is one of my only regrets.

Which leads to a surprising iron/wedge set... The 25's are a bit bigger with a fair amount of offset, I'm going to guess that you learned on or gamed something like the Ping Eye 2's or something similar and like the classic ping look. As these irons aren't really conducive to moving the ball around I would guess you play a pretty straight ball and don't take a lot of risks on course. Fairways, greens, you make a lot of pars and the occasional bird but you're not one for going low or stringing birds together, however you almost never double or worse... You beat opponents with diesel engine like consistency and avoiding silly mistakes. You give thought to where you leave you're ball in regards to you're next shot and avoid being out of position leaving difficult followup shots.

The putter tells me you have good touch, and enjoy, and practice putting a lot, I bet you could 2 putt from the parking lot.

My Bag:

You seem like someone who I would want to play against but it could be a huge mistake. Very new clubs so you might not have the feel down however based off your shaft selection they might have just been custom fit and are striping it all day.

Seeing how you have the SM6 and a WW low bounce K scares me. I’m guessing you have those clubs down and the low bounce K is your get out of jail free card.

The punisher skull wouldn’t intimidate me at first but after you stripe one down the first fairway my feelings will probably change.

Callaway Epic 9.0 Fubuki J 70 xx

Tour Edge CB4 15 Fubuki J 80 x

TaylorMade TP UDI 2 iRod 105F5

Mizuno MP-25 4-9 KBS Tour V 125

Titleist SM6 46, 52.12, 56.10, WW 60.10 V

Bettinardi BB01

TP5x

Black ping 4

Wisconsin badgers headcovers

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

Ok, I'll play...

Murray...

My Bag:

You seem like someone who I would want to play against but it could be a huge mistake. Very new clubs so you might not have the feel down however based off your shaft selection they might have just been custom fit and are striping it all day.

Seeing how you have the SM6 and a WW low bounce K scares me. I'm guessing you have those clubs down and the low bounce K is your get out of jail free card.

The punisher skull wouldn't intimidate me at first but after you stripe one down the first fairway my feelings will probably change.

Callaway Epic 9.0 Fubuki J 70 xx

Tour Edge CB4 15 Fubuki J 80 x

TaylorMade TP UDI 2 iRod 105F5

Mizuno MP-25 4-9 KBS Tour V 125

Titleist SM6 46, 52.12, 56.10, WW 60.10 V

Bettinardi BB01

TP5x

Black ping 4

Wisconsin badgers headcovers

First of all, as you leave your house on the way to the course you say something like "I've got this!" to the Brett Favre poster you still have on your basement wall where you keep your clubs.

You're not afraid to swing out of your shoes with the driver because when you catch one, it's birdie time.

You like to stick with what works when it comes to your 3 wood. You pull it out when your driver is misbehaving and you can still shoot as good of scores if you used it off the tee for every hole.

The UDI is strictly for intimidation, because who carries a 2 iron? Either that or there is one dog-leg hole at your home course where, no matter how hard you try, you can never turn the 3 wood over and end up through the fairway...so 2 iron it is off of that tee.

Irons are solid. You went to a demo day and did all your research. The Mizuno rep worked with you for almost 35 minutes to dial it in and you are very happy even though you shelled out some bones for those.

Your wedge game is on point because of options. You've got wedges for days and any scenarios you find yourself in, you think to yourself 'I've got a wedge for that.'

You are so glad that TM finally came out with a ball that has all the layers you need for the many aspects of your single digit HC game.

You don't need MOI with your smooth putting stroke. You can just straight up roll the rock and the feedback that the Betti gives you is soothing and it helps you sleep at night.

Your toughest time of the year is late November when no matter what the Badgers do, they cannot get out from behind that damn Urban Meyer shadow. You send a bunch of Rodney Dangerfield *no respect* memes to all your tailgating buddies because it helps you get through. Deep down, though, you know that if "we" (and you use the term we when referring to your Badgers) get to the CFP, Alabama will roll you and it won't even be close.

My current bag:

driver - TEE EX10, Grafalloy Prolaunch Red S

FW - TEE EX10 Beta 16.5, Grafalloy Epic S

hybrid - Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 22, C-Taper Lite S

irons - Mizuno JPX-850 forged 5-GW, C-Taper S

wedge - Cleveland CBX 58/10, Hi-Rev 2.0

putter - SeeMore Giant M1t

ball - Bridgestone B330RX

bag - Bag Boy Chiller Cart

/ What's in my bag is more than meets the eye /

Let’s see what you make of this:

D: Cobra F7+ 9,5* Aldila Tour Green 65 S (44,5)

3W: Cobra 8+ 15* HZRDUS Yellow 75 S

5W: Callaway Big Bertha 2004 19* Aldila NV 75 S

4H: Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Aldila RIP Phenom 85 S

5-GW: Cobra F6 Stock Steel S

SW/LW: Cleveland 588 RTG 54/60

Odyssey Jailbreak {2014?)

Callaway SuperSoft

Golf Pride Tour Velvet all around

Sun Mountain 3,5/Titleist Sunday Carry Bag

Have fun ....

Titleist 915 D3 9* Kuro Kage X-stiff 70G

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 14* UST Mamiya Elements Earth8F5 x-stiff

Mizuno MP-H5 3 Iron Project X 6.5 LZ

Mizuno JPX Tour 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ

Cleveland 900 - 50, 54, 58

Edel E-2 Torque Balanced Putter

Titleist Pro V1x

Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cords

Red, White and Blue - PING Hoofer Bag

Taylormade M2 11.25 ('17) KK Black 60

Ping G400 15.5* Aldila Tour Blue 65

Cobra F7 18.5*/TM UDI 20* Fuji Pro 65/RIP 105

Mizuno MPH5 4i KBS Tour 120

Mizuno MP33 5-9i KBS Tour 120

Mizuno T7 48* KBS Tour 120

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 52*

TItleist SM5 56*

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 60*

Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3

Taylormade TPx

That's how you do a mixed bag.

TItleist SM5 56*

Taylormade TPx

Definitely a good player but not as good as you used to be, hence the MPH5 4iron and higher lofted woods (no offense).

Definitely appreciate feel over distance, and have the ability to shape some shots if you want to, but likely prefer a straighter ball. Good short game.

Anywhere close?

I did one of these a long time ago but the bag has changed.

‘17 M2 9.5* with Oban Devotion 6

Cobra F7 13* with Hzrdus yellow

Titleist 915H 19* with a red tie

Mizuno MPH4 2 iron at 21*

4-PW Callaway X Forged with PX 5.5 flighted

52* and 58* Vokey SM6

Tad Moore TM30 putter

B’stone B330S ball

TItleist SM5 56*

Taylormade TPx

Definitely a good player but not as good as you used to be, hence the MPH5 4iron and higher lofted woods (no offense).

Definitely appreciate feel over distance, and have the ability to shape some shots if you want to, but likely prefer a straighter ball. Good short game.

Anywhere close?

52* and 58* Vokey SM6

Tad Moore TM30 putter

B’stone B330S ball

If I was about to play against you.........

Hmmm seems a player, who owns a 13* 3 wood? He must be a good striker of the ball.

Happy to mix and match set......always a good sign of someone who plays what they like. Also a mix of age of clubs another sign that you like what works and replace when the time comes.

Stuck with a putter..........oh god he is going to be dynamite inside 10ft.

Let’s hope the fact he has 5.5 shafts in the irons shows a slight weakness (no offence)

How did I do?

TItleist SM5 56*

Taylormade TPx

Anywhere close?

52* and 58* Vokey SM6

Tad Moore TM30 putter

B’stone B330S ball

Ok.....have at it;

TM 17 M2 12* UST VTS Silver

Apex 18* hybrid GD Tour AD Di

Titleist 816 h1 22* Rogue Black

P790 4-PW modus 130

X3 SM6 - 50 - 54 - 58 (wedge works)

Scotty Newport Beach SS

Pro V1’s - TP5 - Z Star (any of the 3 lol)

Titleist Green and Black Cart Bag on a Motocaddy S3

The higher lofted woods tell me that your a guy who likes the short grass. Often. But the P790s tell me you're looking for a few extra yards wherever you can get them. If I were to guess you are steady with the wedges and you two putt (most of the time).

Steady dependable player with the temper mental flat stick. But being a beached scotty she's too darn pretty to get rid of so it stays no matter what.

If me and you were playing I would get frustrated with your silky bunker shots when you need em. One big thing you need to focus on is the calves, being a cart goer and all hahaha. I think I'm atleast close with this one

My Bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5 Diamana D+ 72x knocked down a bit

Titleist 913f Aldila Tour Green 70x a lil upright and knocked down (Who knows the settings on these things)

Mizuno MP18 3-P TT DG X100 1in long, 2 up

Titleist SM5 52 and 58

Ping TR 1966

ProV1

4 series bag

black quilted Leather oakmont driver cover

Lahinch (Ireland) Billy Goat green putter cover

Titleist TSi3 - TPO 70TX

Titleist 917 F2 16.5 - Diamana W 80X

Titleist 718 TMB 2 - MMT 105TX / TSi3 20 - TPW 100TX

Mizuno MP18 4-P - TTDG X100

Vokey SM9 50.12F, 56.12D - TTDG S400

Vokey SM8 60.08 M - TTDG S400

TaylorMade Tour Spider

TItleist SM5 56*

Taylormade TPx

Anywhere close?

'17 M2 9.5* with Oban Devotion 6

52* and 58* Vokey SM6

Tad Moore TM30 putter

B'stone B330S ball

Ok.....have at it;

P790 4-PW modus 130

Scotty Newport Beach SS

Pro V1⤙s - TP5 - Z Star (any of the 3 lol)

The higher lofted woods tell me that your a guy who likes the short grass. Often. But the P790s tell me you're looking for a few extra yards wherever you can get them. If I were to guess you are steady with the wedges and you two putt (most of the time).

Steady dependable player with the temper mental flat stick. But being a beached scotty she's too darn pretty to get rid of so it stays no matter what.

If me and you were playing I would get frustrated with your silky bunker shots when you need em. One big thing you need to focus on is the calves, being a cart goer and all hahaha. I think I'm atleast close with this one

My Bag:

Titleist 913f Aldila Tour Green 70x a lil upright and knocked down (Who knows the settings on these things)

Titleist SM5 52 and 58

Ping TR 1966

ProV1

4 series bag

Your driver and 3 wood tell me "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Your wedges are sm5 which means you have been comfortable with them for some time. The lofts of your wedges say with that gapping that you have used better players irons for some time. Since you do not change for the sake of change I would say you wore an old set of blades out and bought your MP's out of "necessity". Maybe 6 or 7 years on your previous set. You bought your putter because it reminds you of an old putter that was trusty and reliable and you wanted to replicate previous success after possibly struggling with a Scotty Cameron flat stick in the time between.

If anyone wants a crack at my bag

Callaway Rogue driver w/ Oban Tour Limited 4 60

Taylormade R15 3 wood w/ Kurocage 60 tini s

Nike Sasquatch Sumo #2 & #4 hybrids w/ H Diamana s

Callaway Steelhead XR 5-aw irons w/ xp95 st15

Callaway Mack Daddy pm grind 56 /KBS Tour V

Callaway Mack Daddy 3 60 c-grind 8° bounce/KBS Tour V

Scotty Cameron Select Fastback

Team Effort Collegiate TCU bag

Z Star XV

TItleist SM5 56*

Taylormade TPx

Anywhere close?

'17 M2 9.5* with Oban Devotion 6

52* and 58* Vokey SM6

Tad Moore TM30 putter

B'stone B330S ball

Ok.....have at it;

P790 4-PW modus 130

Scotty Newport Beach SS

Pro V1⤙s - TP5 - Z Star (any of the 3 lol)

My Bag:

Titleist SM5 52 and 58

Ping TR 1966

ProV1

4 series bag

Your driver and 3 wood tell me "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Your wedges are sm5 which means you have been comfortable with them for some time. The lofts of your wedges say with that gapping that you have used better players irons for some time. Since you do not change for the sake of change I would say you wore an old set of blades out and bought your MP's out of "necessity". Maybe 6 or 7 years on your previous set. You bought your putter because it reminds you of an old putter that was trusty and reliable and you wanted to replicate previous success after possibly struggling with a Scotty Cameron flat stick in the time between.

If anyone wants a crack at my bag

Z Star XV

You got the woods and were pretty darn close with the irons. I had my last set for 7 years (not blades) and did buy the new MPs because I did need them lol. But I can say I have never gotten a chance to game the original anser as I am still in my 20s and that club is well beyond my years.

Titleist TSi3 - TPO 70TX

Titleist 917 F2 16.5 - Diamana W 80X

Titleist 718 TMB 2 - MMT 105TX / TSi3 20 - TPW 100TX

Mizuno MP18 4-P - TTDG X100

Vokey SM9 50.12F, 56.12D - TTDG S400

Vokey SM8 60.08 M - TTDG S400

TaylorMade Tour Spider

Z Star XV

I'd wager you play a pretty mean draw with all S flexes and offsets. Good putter and you use the heck out of your 56 from everywhere. You rely on talent and feel more than practice.

Here's mine - mix and match set to where i'm playing or if it's a gamble scramble, then it's all in play bay bay!!!!!! maybe add a chipper:

8.5 XR subzero rombax S

14 and 18* gbb 816s rogue 110s

20 adams mini tour green s

s56 3 iron dg s300

5-pw (4 degree splits to cover up no 4 iron) kbs tour x

51 588 tg raw s300

54 and 58 raw vokey sm4s s300

64 588 tg raw wedge flex

Napa or a bettinardi that belonged to Daly

Bridgestone Tour B XS b/c Tiger

8.5 g400 lst atmos black 6s (set at 9.2)
16 cally 816 rombax 7w06s (set at 15n)
19 adams xtd atmos blue 8s

4 tm790 modus3 130s

6-8 tm760 modus3 130s

9-p mp20 modus3 130s
50, 54 cobra mim modus3 130s
58 14K sm9 modus 125s

61 scratch sti lbe dg spinner + 
hex t bb0 or spider x chalk

I'll play:

Driver: Titleist 917d2 w/ Aldila Tour Blue Stiff (Sunfish Monkey Headcover)

FW: TM Aerobuner TP HL 16.5 (Rocket Tour Pom Smiley Face Headcover)

Hybrids: Adams A12 Pro 20* & 23* RIP Proto Shafts (Callaway pom covers)

Irons: Mizuno JPX 850 Pro 5-GW KBS Tour Stiff

Wedges: Vokey SM5 Jet Black 54* M grind (KBS 610) 58* M grind (KBS Hi-Rev)

Putter: Scotty Cameron DelMar California (knock off cherry bomb head cover)

Ball: Titleist Prov1x

What say ye?

This is a great post haha.

TM '17 M1 Tour Issue 440 9.5 Kuro Kage Dual Core 70TX

TM '17 M1 15 Kuro Kage Dual Core 80TX

Callaway 2014 Big Bertha Pro 18 Rombax P-95X

Adams 9031 Pro Black DF 20 Diamana Thump X

Callaway RAZR X Forged 5-6, MB 7-PW KBS C-Taper 130 X

SM5 Chrome 52F, TVD 56K, SM6 Jet Black 60K

Murdered out Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5 Cameron Matador Midsize

TM '17 M1 440 9.5° Diamana Tensei White 70TX
TM '17 M1 15° Rombax P95x
TM '17 M1 18° Accra Tour Zx 4100
Callaway Apex '19 20° Hybrid HZRDUS Black 105x
Callaway RAZR X Forged 5-6, MB 7-PW KBS C-Taper 130 X
SM7 Jet Black 52F, TVD 56K, SM6 Jet Black 60K DG Black Onyx S400
Odyssey O-Works Black Jailbird Mini S Flat Cat Tak Svelte

Z Star XV

I'd wager you play a pretty mean draw with all S flexes and offsets. Good putter and you use the heck out of your 56 from everywhere. You rely on talent and feel more than practice.

Here's mine - mix and match set to where i'm playing or if it's a gamble scramble, then it's all in play bay bay!!!!!! maybe add a chipper:

8.5 XR subzero rombax S

14 and 18* gbb 816s rogue 110s

20 adams mini tour green s

s56 3 iron dg s300

5-pw (4 degree splits to cover up no 4 iron) kbs tour x

51 588 tg raw s300

54 and 58 raw vokey sm4s s300

64 588 tg raw wedge flex

Napa or a bettinardi that belonged to Daly

Bridgestone Tour B XS b/c Tiger

You played by the rules so Ill grab yours.

The first thing in sharp relief is that you live in AK and have Dalys putter. Put that in with the low loft driver and a 14 degree fairway and I see a brother with some speed. I guessing you sleep with that 64 for fear of it going missing. No brand loyalty either. You are not a dude I would start pressing too early that's for sure. Probably got a nice tan and drink domestic beer. I'm also guessing that there is a set of plus 4s in the closet for special occasions. You play a semi low screaming cut that works really well in the wind but hit 3 wood on anything but a dead straight fairway and the S56 is for doglegs, either direction, doesn't matter.

36 holes on a single ball happens allot.

My new bag:

F7+ at 9* Kuro stiff

Adams Speedline 15* Wasabi stiff

XXIO pro 5 stiff

Wilson Staff 2 iron

Adams Pro Forged Steelfiber I95 3-46* PW

Vanilla wedges 53 and 58

Betti -1

Baitkiller - since you also played by the rules, here goes:

F7+ at 9* Kuro stiff

Adams Speedline 15* Wasabi stiff

XXIO pro 5 stiff

Wilson Staff 2 iron

Adams Pro Forged Steelfiber I95 3-46* PW

Vanilla wedges 53 and 58

Betti -1

You have a very eclectic mix of clubs, so it is evident that you know your game well, have a definite point of view about what works for you, and believe in using specialist tools for very specific tasks. I would bet you have a good strategy for the course you regularly play at, and hence not one that I would wager easily against. Think you listed 15 clubs, so that would indicate that you pick the tools based on what you expect to encounter on the course that day.

The Wilson 2 iron probably goes dead straight and rolls forever. Always a trusty faraway finder, or there are a couple of holes at your course which are not that long, but have trouble on either side, and this comes in very handy. Bet you enjoy striping it past the drives of your playing buddies from time to time. Might not be going as long every time, but you love it too much to let it go.

The mix of XXIO and Wilson Staff, Adams and Vanilla Wedges, tells me that you have the means or inclination to pick shiny new toys when you like it, but only if they serve a purpose. If a trusty old club works well then you will happily continue to game it rather than upgrade for the sake of upgrading. The Betti-1 confirms this. Have a solid game and know what you like. Not interested in a match-matchy bag, and not swayed by what you see on TV or Tour.

The steelfibers indicate a chance of some loss of speed (sorry!), but the clubs indicate a solid swing and good ball striking.

How did I do?

Here is my main bag:

Ping G, SF, 10 deg, Fubuki J-60, S

XR 16 3W, 15 deg, Tensei, S

Ping G, 19 deg Hybrid, Aldila NV 2KXV Green, S

G25, 23 deg Hybrid, Stock Ping, S

MP18 MMC 5 and 6 iron, Oban CT-115, S

MP5, 7-P, Oban CT-115, S

T7 50, 56 and 60

BM 612

You did well. You were spot on really. The 5 wood and Wilson are game time decisions. The steelfiber shafts have saved my game. I just couldn't move those x100s for 18 holes anymore at 52. I picked up hight and carry with them and the Adams heads were a barn find. Old new stock. Can't tell them from the mizzies at adress or feel. Super fast irons. Fast enough to love my 3i again. Been awhile.

Thanks.

John

See what you guys would think of my bag.

2016 M2 stock stiff shaft cut 1’’ short

TEE EX9 15* red tie stiff

Ping G 19* hybrid stock shaft

JPX900 hot metal 4i c taper lite stiff

JPX900 Forged 5-GW c taper lite stiff

Cleveland RTX3 54 & 60 both VMG

2018 Newport

Tour B XS or Z-Star

Taylor made stand bag

OMG I can't believe this thread is still going! I have been gone for a few years, but wow! :)

I was post #36 in this thread and kinda started the 'judging players by their bag' thing.

Heck, I can't even remember what I was playing 7 years ago... :D

Primary bag:
Titleist 913 D3 8.5
Titleist 915Fd 13.5
Titleist 913h 17
Mizuno MP-18 4-PW
Scratch wedges 50, 55, and 60
Bettinardi mid-shank putter

Backup bag:
Ping G400 9
Ping G30 fw 13
Ping G30 hybrid 19
Ping iBlade 4-PW power spec
Macgregor VIP wedges 51, 56, and 60
Bettinardi mid-shank putter

I clicked into here thinking this thread was about something else but I'll join in as well.

Ping G400 Max 10.5*, Tensei CK Blue stiff

Ping G400 14.5* 3w, Tour 75 stiff

Ping G400 19* hybrid, Alta CB stiff

Mizuno MP-25 4-5i, C Taper Lite stiff

Mizuno MP-5 6-PW, C Taper Lite stiff

Mizuno T-7 52*, 56* wedges

O-Works Black #1 putter

Bridgestone B330RXS ball

Datrek Go Lite Hybrid bag