Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GIVE ME A BREAK on all this whining about lofts:

Someone want to explain to me how TM irons are stronger than the rest?

PITCHING WEDGES:

Mizuno JPX825 - 45°
Mizuno JPX 825 Pro - 45°
Mizuno MPH4 - 46°
Mizuno MP64, 59, 69, 53, 63 - 46°
Titleist 712 AP1 - 45°
Callaway RazrX Tour - 45°
Callaway RazrX - 44°
Cobra Amp Forged - 45°
Cobra Amp - 44°
Cobra S3 Pro - 46°
Adams CMB - 46°
Adams CB3 - 45°
Adams V4 - 44°
Cleveland CG16 - 44°
Cleveland CG16 Tour - 46°
Wilson Ci11 - 44°
Wilson Ci9 - 44°
Ping i20 - 46°
Ping G20 - 45°
Tour Edge Exotics CU - 45°
Epon AF302 - 46°
Epon AF502 - 45°
Nike VRS Forged - 45°
Ping Anser v2 - 46°

[quote name='pegleg' timestamp='1351068628' post='5837875']

PITCHING WEDGES:

Mizuno JPX825 - 45°
Mizuno JPX 825 Pro - 45°
Mizuno MPH4 - 46°
Titleist 712 AP1 - 45°
Callaway RazrX - 44°
Cobra Amp Forged - 45°
Cobra Amp - 44°
Cobra S3 Pro - 46°
Adams CMB - 46°
Adams CB3 - 45°
Adams V4 - 44°
Cleveland CG16 - 44°
Wilson Ci11 - 44°
Wilson Ci9 - 44°
Ping i20 - 46°
Ping G20 - 45°
Epon AF302 - 46°
Epon AF502 - 45°
Nike VRS Forged - 45°
Ping Anser v2 - 46°
[/quote]

Yeah tell me about it, every bloody thread on WRX lately about new irons turns into a "how jacked the lofts are" who gives a s**t

I know how far I hit my PW weather it is 45/46/47 and I could not care less if "my buddy" hits his PW 145 when I hit it 115 as long as I hit the green :)

G - 10.5° (@ 11.5) - Ping Tour 80 (44.5") - Regular
 G - 22 - Ping Tour 90 - Regular
 I200 5-UW - White Dot +1/4" - PX 5.5
 Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
 Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

[quote name='Ash1974' timestamp='1351073504' post='5837937']

PITCHING WEDGES:

Mizuno JPX825 - 45°
Mizuno JPX 825 Pro - 45°
Mizuno MPH4 - 46°
Titleist 712 AP1 - 45°
Callaway RazrX - 44°
Cobra Amp Forged - 45°
Cobra Amp - 44°
Cobra S3 Pro - 46°
Adams CMB - 46°
Adams CB3 - 45°
Adams V4 - 44°
Cleveland CG16 - 44°
Wilson Ci11 - 44°
Wilson Ci9 - 44°
Ping i20 - 46°
Ping G20 - 45°
Epon AF302 - 46°
Epon AF502 - 45°
Nike VRS Forged - 45°
Ping Anser v2 - 46°
[/quote]

Yeah tell me about it, every bloody thread on WRX lately about new irons turns into a "how jacked the lofts are" who gives a s**t

I know how far I hit my PW weather it is 45/46/47 and I could not care less if "my buddy" hits his PW 145 when I hit it 115 as long as I hit the green :)
[/quote]

You mean to tell me that you don't have the "Hey, what loft are you picking?" as you stand on the par 3 tee box. I think the jacked loft discussion is ridiculous. It's obvious as to why the manufacturers choose to do this. They now sell 4 or 5-PW as the standard set, sell a couple hybrids to fill the gap of their 3 and 4 irons and now have to sell 3 to 4 wedges. Iron set prices are about the same price as when the typical or standard set included 8 clubs (3-P), but now the consumer has to pay for hybrids @ $200 each and wedges @ $100+ each. In the end, jacking lofts make consumers buy more clubs and make them feel like King Kong.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/52967-thug-hunters-bag/page__hl__thug+hunter"]WITB Link[/url]

Titleist 915 8.5º D3 Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 915F 16.5º Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 816 H2 21º Diamana 70S
Titleist 712 AP2 3-PW S300
Titleist SM6 52º & 58º Jet Black
Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2 or #8
Under Armour Storm Match Play stand bag (Blue Marker)

Thanks for sharing this - very interesting read!

I was curious about the offset vs. my current Ping i15's. According to the specs on the Ping site, there is a pretty consistent .02" difference between the two, with the TM being slightly more offset.

However, what really made an impression on me was the length and loft progressions. The TM 5i is the same length, and 1* [u][i][b]stronger[/b][/i][/u] than the ping 4i.

Perhaps there is serious Voodoo in the Rocketbladez slot, face thickness, etc. However, I suspect the length and loft of each iron is - at the very least - equally responsible for the "results" that TM is touting.

TaylorMade M4 on Tour AD IZ
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3W on GD YS Reloaded
Titleist 816H 19*, 22*, 26* on Blue Board
Mizuno JPX 919 Pro (6i-pw) on Recoil
TM MG on Aldila VS Proto 100 (50*, 54*, 58*)
Bettinardi Studio Stock 28 Slotback
2020 Srixon Z Star

PITCHING WEDGES:

Mizuno JPX825 - 45°
Mizuno JPX 825 Pro - 45°
Mizuno MPH4 - 46°
Titleist 712 AP1 - 45°
Callaway RazrX - 44°
Cobra Amp Forged - 45°
Cobra Amp - 44°
Cobra S3 Pro - 46°
Adams CMB - 46°
Adams CB3 - 45°
Adams V4 - 44°
Cleveland CG16 - 44°
Wilson Ci11 - 44°
Wilson Ci9 - 44°
Ping i20 - 46°
Ping G20 - 45°
Epon AF302 - 46°
Epon AF502 - 45°
Nike VRS Forged - 45°
Ping Anser v2 - 46°
[/quote]

Very clever of you to chose the PW to make your loft argument. Go back to the 5 or 6 irons and compare the lofts and lengths. There is a clear difference in lofts higher up in the set.

Now that I had a chance to think about this for a day, I really don't buy into the slot tech in these irons, I think they're trying to capitalize on the overwhelming success of the RBZ fairways and hybrids. I don't see how it could possibly flex where it's positioned to create any kind of meaningful spring effect. What I think they were capable of doing here is moving the CG much lower than it was in the past by taking the weight out of the hosel, making a more shallow clubhead and taking weight from the top of the iron. Look at the photos of the irons that are cut in half and you can visually see the bits that were eliminated from the top part of the head and how much more weight there appears to be down low on the RocketBladez. Moving the CG lower enabled them to decrease lofts and make the shafts longer/lighter while still having the same or higher launch window for a club. At the end of the day, I think it was purely an exercise in moving the CG around and taking advantage of an already successful RBZ line.

Titleist TSi3 9* - Tensei Blue 60 TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei White 80X

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S, SM8 58M
Spider Tour

Let me pose a few questions for everyone to explain the thinking behind the irons. And I want you to keep in mind of all golfers, not just the "player" that you are.

Approach shots into the green. Do you want to hit them accurate and have them stop where the land or do you prefer a shot to hit and release 40 feet? Personally, I want the ball to hit and stop closer to my intended spot.

When faced with a shot into the green, would you rather have a 4 iron or a 3 hybrid? Irons, for me are easier to work and control.

When faced with a shot into the green, would you rather have a 5 iron or an 8 iron? Duh, short irons. Shorter the club, more control. But Im sure someone will say 5 iron is my favorite club

Regardless of some of the guys in this forum that hit 325 yard drives and 190 yard 7 irons, people want a number that they can rely on. Doesnt matter if its a 172 yard carry 7 iron, or a 133 yard carry 8 iron. Consistent numbers is all that matters. As a person that has hit the irons would say, consistent ball flight is there. A little distance is there. And it has a higher launch and steeper angle of decent. Does the speed pocket make the face faster? Yes. In fact, it was too fast, so TM went in added material to slow down the face. This provides more consistency.

The other factor is a bigger sweet spot. Who doesnt want that when playing? "Oh, me....I only want forged blades, that have a sweet spot the size of a pea. Because I am that good..." No one is cracking on Titleist for increasing the speed of the face on mishits, but some of you guys are that good that it doesnt matter. Im sure you flamed Titleist on that one didnt you? No? See where I'm going here? I was fortunate enough to make a living playing golf for a few years. Did I play forged blades? Yes. Do I play them now? Yes/no. Forged MC/MB combo. Am I good enough to hit the sweet spot every time now? NO. As a father of 2 little girls, I havent hit a range ball in almost a year and a half. My scores ranged from 65-77 this year, and I know Im not good enough to flush them every shot. I know my limitations, but most wanna think they are better than they actually are. So why make a difficult game harder? You should truly want to have clubs in your bag that help you enjoy the game, and give you the best opportunity to hit solid consistent shots and put you in position to score.

The elitist idea of TM is junk drives me crazy. As a person who promotes the game of sportsmanship, honor, integrity and FUN, I truly want everyone to play better golf. (unless we have money on it) If these clubs help the best players in the world, and the worst players in the world, why hate on that? Because some people are jerks.

If you are excited about the club, you should be. If you dont like the looks, thats fine as well. If you have not hit them, you have ZERO room to talk about the performance. Hit them and you will see what Im talking about.

Taylormade M5 Tour 9* AD-VR 6
Callaway Steelhead XR 16* Ahina 60X
Tour Edge EXS220 18* Ventus
Adams MB2 RAW 5-PW Smoke KBS Tour 120
MD4 Raw 50/58/62 
Piretti Cortino 2

[quote name='xerpro' timestamp='1351084095' post='5838257']
Let me pose a few questions for everyone to explain the thinking behind the irons. And I want you to keep in mind of all golfers, not just the "player" that you are.

Approach shots into the green. Do you want to hit them accurate and have them stop where the land or do you prefer a shot to hit and release 40 feet? Personally, I want the ball to hit and stop closer to my intended spot.

When faced with a shot into the green, would you rather have a 4 iron or a 3 hybrid? Irons, for me are easier to work and control.

When faced with a shot into the green, would you rather have a 5 iron or an 8 iron? Duh, short irons. Shorter the club, more control. But Im sure someone will say 5 iron is my favorite club

Regardless of some of the guys in this forum that hit 325 yard drives and 190 yard 7 irons, people want a number that they can rely on. Doesnt matter if its a 172 yard carry 7 iron, or a 133 yard carry 8 iron. Consistent numbers is all that matters. As a person that has hit the irons would say, consistent ball flight is there. A little distance is there. And it has a higher launch and steeper angle of decent. Does the speed pocket make the face faster? Yes. In fact, it was too fast, so TM went in added material to slow down the face. This provides more consistency.

The other factor is a bigger sweet spot. Who doesnt want that when playing? "Oh, me....I only want forged blades, that have a sweet spot the size of a pea. Because I am that good..." No one is cracking on Titleist for increasing the speed of the face on mishits, but some of you guys are that good that it doesnt matter. Im sure you flamed Titleist on that one didnt you? No? See where I'm going here? I was fortunate enough to make a living playing golf for a few years. Did I play forged blades? Yes. Do I play them now? Yes/no. Forged MC/MB combo. Am I good enough to hit the sweet spot every time now? NO. As a father of 2 little girls, I havent hit a range ball in almost a year and a half. My scores ranged from 65-77 this year, and I no Im not good enough to flush them every shot. I know my limitations, but most wanna think they are better than they actually are. So why make a difficult game harder? You should truly want to have clubs in your bag that help you enjoy the game, and give you the best opportunity to hit solid consistent shots and put you in position to score.

The elitist idea of TM is junk drives me crazy. As a person who promotes the game of sportsmanship, honor, integrity and FUN, I truly want everyone to play better golf. (unless we have money on it) If these clubs help the best players in the world, and the worst players in the world, why hate on that? Because some people are jerks.

If you are excited about the club, you should be. If you dont like the looks, thats fine as well. If you have not hit them, you have ZERO room to talk about the performance. Hit them and you will see what Im talking about.
[/quote]

Great post!

I'm excited about these. I currently play the R11 irons and love them. A little more help on the 5,6 & 7 irons would be very welcome. Whether that comes with a stronger loft or a larger sweet spot I don't really care. When I look at the loft progression I also get what they are doing. Right now my distances are as follows:

AW - 105
PW - 120
9 - 135
8 - 150
7 - 160
6 - 170
5 - 180
4 hyrbid = 200

The stronger than normal lofts should get me an extra 5 yards on the 5,6,& 7 irons, while keeping the same distance on the shorter irons, which will even up my gaps and allow me to use my 5 iron instead of the 4 hybrid for those 190 yard shots. I'm also pretty sure that I hit the shorter clubs in the sweet spot 75% of the time while only really hitting the sweet spot on the 5,6,& 7 irons 25-50% or the time. Any help on the mis-hits would be welcome. Definitely going to test these out with my instructor and see what happens.

The other factor is a bigger sweet spot. Who doesnt want that when playing? "Oh, me....I only want forged blades, that have a sweet spot the size of a pea. Because I am that good..." No one is cracking on Titleist for increasing the speed of the face on mishits, but some of you guys are that good that it doesnt matter. Im sure you flamed Titleist on that one didnt you? No? See where I'm going here? I was fortunate enough to make a living playing golf for a few years. Did I play forged blades? Yes. Do I play them now? Yes/no. Forged MC/MB combo. Am I good enough to hit the sweet spot every time now? NO. As a father of 2 little girls, I havent hit a range ball in almost a year and a half. My scores ranged from 65-77 this year, and I know Im not good enough to flush them every shot. I know my limitations, but most wanna think they are better than they actually are. So why make a difficult game harder? You should truly want to have clubs in your bag that help you enjoy the game, and give you the best opportunity to hit solid consistent shots and put you in position to score.

[/quote]

Great read, like he said if you not hit them, you have ZERO room to talk about.,

I will definitely try it and compare to my long and accurate JPX 800 non tour.

TI M2 (2016) 8.5° AD-GP 6x (backup Adams Fast 12 LS 7.5°)
TI M2 (2016) 13° TS AD-GP 7x
TI P790 #1 UDI 14° KBS Tour Hybrid Graphite Prototype 95X (backup TI RSi TP UDI #1 16° MRC Kuro Kage Silver 90HY TX)
TI TM P790 3-PW NS Pro Prototype 2F15 X-Stiff
TI TM Milled GRIND 52° & 59° KBS Tour Nickel Black X-Stiff
TI Bullseye Tour Putter
KSIG/PROv1x

[/quote]

Cheers to you! SO tired of all the brand hating in here... great read.

85 gram shaft for a tour iron way too light...too much offset...stripe on back like Atv wedge looks cheap....cmon Tmag

CALLAWAY GBB EPIC SUBZERO 9* OBAN KIYOSHI PURPLE

07 BURNER TP 17.5* MATRIX CODE 8
ADAMS PRO GOLD 3H TOUR ISSUE NV 85
COBRA KING FORGED 5-GW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 56* RAW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 60* RAW KBS TOUR V
TOULON MILLED COLUMBUS CAMERON BLACK MATADOR MID
TAYLORMADE TP5X
CALLAWAY APEX UT 21* RECOIL 110 DEPENDING ON CONDITIONS

So after following this thread for a day, I have finally decided to chime in on this whole love/hate going on.

The guys on here calling everyone haters are correct, [i][b]BUT[/b][/i]....it's not so much the equipment that is hated on. I truly believe that the "hate" is generated by Taylormades marketing. In my eyes, it's no different than when we joke about the HAMMER. Think about it for a second, what do we joke about the most when it comes to it...POW! BOOM! BAM! images of rockets launching and hitting balls over mountains! TaylorMade is not much different, ok settle down for a second before you lose your mind that I just compared Taylormade to the Hammer...

All of TaylorMades marketing is geared towards distance and why not, distance sells.

Rocketballz l17 More Yards
That's Rocketballz
My R11s is Longer than my R11
Freakishly Longer

All of the commercials are not that far off of being the same as the Hammer...How?.. By ridiculous claims. Now I am not saying that their new clubs are not better than their past clubs, what I am saying is...it's a slap in the face when your driver from last year that was pushed very hard is being pitched as obsolete because we added a couple more adjustments. If you don't believe for a second that they had the R11s design and held back on some of the adjustments when they launched the R11 knowing that in a year they are going to release the R11s with the "new added adjustments" then your missing the big picture here. This is why there is so much hate for them. Not that they think the clubs are trash but because they prey on naiveness of some players who fall for that kind of marketing.

Today's GI equipment has made so many advancements in making it as easy as possible to launch a golf ball that if your still struggling to play with GI equipment, trust me...this slot is not going to be the game changer for you. But that's what Taylormade wants you to believe. Maybe they are more forgiving, but that's not how they are marketing them, they are "Freakishly Longer" not "Freakishly Forgiving" that's where the hate comes to play.

If you don't have GI equipment and are in the market for some, there is nothing wrong with wanting to play these. But if your thinking "Oh man I gotta have these because they are going to enable me to hit a 7 iron the same distance as a tour pro" or "This new slot is going to be so much better than my current GI irons" save your money.

And before you call me a hater my all time favorite driver is a TaylorMade R7 TP that is still in the bag and I have owned two sets of TaylorMade Irons Burners and R7's. But I bought them because they felt good and performed for me not because they were "Freakishly Longer".

Bottom line if your going to scream LONGER [size=5]LONGER[/size] [size=6]LONGER[/size] you might as well be screaming BOOM BAM POW! And don't be surpised when a few "haters" give you some ribbing.

Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin

POW, try it, hit it, demo it, if it work and you like it great if not move on. :)

TI M2 (2016) 8.5° AD-GP 6x (backup Adams Fast 12 LS 7.5°)
TI M2 (2016) 13° TS AD-GP 7x
TI P790 #1 UDI 14° KBS Tour Hybrid Graphite Prototype 95X (backup TI RSi TP UDI #1 16° MRC Kuro Kage Silver 90HY TX)
TI TM P790 3-PW NS Pro Prototype 2F15 X-Stiff
TI TM Milled GRIND 52° & 59° KBS Tour Nickel Black X-Stiff
TI Bullseye Tour Putter
KSIG/PROv1x

Jacking the lofts is a valid and necessary tweak by TMAG. They have engineered in some other aspects that make the ball get up fast such as the slot and the SUPER low CG. By jacking the lofts they keep the ball from spinning (mainly) silly high and being unplayable. The stronger lofts enable the specific club to fly at a proper trajectory. I don't think these lofts are any stronger than the Burner 2.0's, actually.

I see this argument a lot and it's simply not a distance thing. It's not cheating. Nobody that would play SGI clubs wants a 5 iron they can't get off the ground due to super strong lofts. But that's not the case here.

Callaway 816 DBD 9° Speeder TS
Titleist 915f 15° Diamana Blue
Callaway Apex Pro hybrid 3/20°
Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-A, Modus 120-TS
Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

[quote name='Kadin 25' timestamp='1351088210' post='5838533']
So after following this thread for a day, I have finally decided to chime in on this whole love/hate going on.

The guys on here calling everyone haters are correct, [i][b]BUT[/b][/i]....it's not so much the equipment that is hated on. I truly believe that the "hate" is generated by Taylormades marketing......
Bottom line if your going to scream LONGER [size=5]LONGER[/size] [size=6]LONGER[/size] you might as well be sreaming BOOM BAM POW! And don't be surpised when a few "haters" give you some ribbing.
[/quote]

Exactly -
And the commercials co-funded by Dick's/TaylorMade don't help. "These are irons with Driver DNA" (said in a Jim Rome voice). And "That's RocketBallz!" (grunted by Camilo as he holds his pose in a Dicks retail simulator). Your right. The marketing is what drives me away personally.

Now remember I just stuck up for TMAG in a post above this one, but as a customer and player (I owned TP B irons as recently as last summer and loved them) I just feel like they try too hard to BE cheesy, and that they're selling clubs with cheese

But it's working for them, so I'm not their target consumer and that's fine. One day I will come back...maybe. Shock me with classic looks and quality design. Bespoke me.

Callaway 816 DBD 9° Speeder TS
Titleist 915f 15° Diamana Blue
Callaway Apex Pro hybrid 3/20°
Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-A, Modus 120-TS
Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

[quote name='creecool' timestamp='1351088122' post='5838513']
85 gram shaft for a tour iron way too light...too much offset...stripe on back like Atv wedge looks cheap....cmon Tmag
[/quote]

85 gram is in the standard.
130 gram KBS Tour are in the Tour irons

Taylormade M5 Tour 9* AD-VR 6
Callaway Steelhead XR 16* Ahina 60X
Tour Edge EXS220 18* Ventus
Adams MB2 RAW 5-PW Smoke KBS Tour 120
MD4 Raw 50/58/62 
Piretti Cortino 2

[quote name='xerpro' timestamp='1351084095' post='5838257']The elitist idea of TM is junk drives me crazy. As a person who promotes the game of sportsmanship, honor, integrity and FUN, I truly want everyone to play better golf. (unless we have money on it) If these clubs help the best players in the world, and the worst players in the world, why hate on that? Because some people are jerks.
[/quote]

Likewise, the reverse elitism of a comment like that is just as redundant. People are fully entitled to question a company like taylormade, a company who seem to thrive of disingenuous marketing statements such as "freakishly longer", "guaranteed 17 yards further" etc etc.

I knew I'd seen this tech before, and my first thought was the Nike CCI cast... but then Wilson took a bold stance on their Facebook page this morning reminding everyone they did this decades ago. I like Wilson, I like TM. I have both in my bag, and I personally love the TM marketing... but this was awesome. Bravo Wilson.

[url="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151125009477675&set=a.80492297674.80818.55676157674&type=1&theater"]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151125009477675&set=a.80492297674.80818.55676157674&type=1&theater[/url]

[quote name='Kadin 25' timestamp='1351088210' post='5838533'] So after following this thread for a day, I have finally decided to chime in on this whole love/hate going on. The guys on here calling everyone haters are correct, [i][b]BUT[/b][/i]....it's not so much the equipment that is hated on. I truly believe that the "hate" is generated by Taylormades marketing. In my eyes, it's no different than when we joke about the HAMMER. Think about it for a second, what do we joke about the most when it comes to it...POW! BOOM! BAM! images of rockets launching and hitting balls over mountains! TaylorMade is not much different, ok settle down for a second before you lose your mind that I just compared Taylormade to the Hammer... All of TaylorMades marketing is geared towards distance and why not, distance sells. Rocketballz l17 More Yards That's Rocketballz My R11s is Longer than my R11 Freakishly Longer All of the commercials are not that far off of being the same as the Hammer...How?.. By ridiculous claims. Now I am not saying that their new clubs are not better than their past clubs, what I am saying is...it's a slap in the face when your driver from last year that was pushed very hard is being pitched as obsolete because we added a couple more adjustments. If you don't believe for a second that they had the R11s design and held back on some of the adjustments when they launched the R11 knowing that in a year they are going to release the R11s with the "new added adjustments" then your missing the big picture here. This is why there is so much hate for them. Not that they think the clubs are trash but because they prey on naiveness of some players who fall for that kind of marketing. Today's GI equipment has made so many advancements in making it as easy as possible to launch a golf ball that if your still struggling to play with GI equipment, trust me...this slot is not going to be the game changer for you. But that's what Taylormade wants you to believe. Maybe they are more forgiving, but that's not how they are marketing them, they are "Freakishly Longer" not "Freakishly Forgiving" that's where the hate comes to play. If you don't have GI equipment and are in the market for some, there is nothing wrong with wanting to play these. But if your thinking "Oh man I gotta have these because they are going to enable me to hit a 7 iron the same distance as a tour pro" or "This new slot is going to be so much better than my current GI irons" save your money. And before you call me a hater my all time favorite driver is a TaylorMade R7 TP that is still in the bag and I have owned two sets of TaylorMade Irons Burners and R7's. But I bought them because they felt good and performed for me not because they were "Freakishly Longer". Bottom line if your going to scream LONGER [size=5]LONGER[/size] [size=6]LONGER[/size] you might as well be screaming BOOM BAM POW! And don't be surpised when a few "haters" give you some ribbing. [/quote]

:clapping: Fantastic Post

My first reaction to the intro of these irons was big deal. I like my present irons.

Then I studied the specs. The Rocketbladez irons from 6-iron to PW cover the same lofts with 5* spacing as my current set of AP1's 5-iron to PW. As I prefer walking with about 10 clubs in my bag, with these I can go Driver, fw, 3-hybrid, Rocketbladez 6-iron to PW, Vokey 56*, putter - 10 clubs. Perfect. Less clubs, more enjoyment.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

I can certainly see the lower COG on them making sense. I don't know if I buy the slot. I have a real hard time believing that small slot with that much metal around it with such a small period of contact time with the ball does much. A yard? maybe?

Kadin 25 is pretty much dead-on with why TMAG gets so much hate.

I'm always trying to understand the launch window better, and I get that despite the stronger lofts, they launch the same if not higher, but that is on a good hit no? I was always under the impression that less loft = more sidespin on poorly struck shots. If you have an OTT move doesn't this just kill you even earlier in the set? Does that make any sense?

This may have already been posted. But I will post it anyways. Someone else had the idea back in the day with the slot.

A59MANqCYAAhS2i.jpg

548677_10151125009477675_757071134_n.jpg

What in the Bag
Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero Driver HZRDUS X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3w HZRDUS X
Callaway Rogue 5w HZRDUS X
Callaway X Forged 4-7 KBS Tour C-Taper X shafts
Callaway Apex MB 8-PW KBS Tour C-Taper X shafts
Engage 52, 56 and 60 Wedge KBS Tour C Taper X
Nike Method 001

Check out the TM-Japan website to see all three RBladez irons...

[url="http://japan.taylormadegolf.com/category-8.html"]http://japan.taylormadegolf.com/category-8.html[/url]

TM RBZ Tour 9.5 Fujikura TS Speeder 6.2
TM R11 13 Fujikura TS Speeder 7.2
TM TP MB 2-PW Rifle 6.5
TM ATV 54 & 60 KBS Tour XS
Scotty Cameron Select 2.6