Pure745's 2013 Shootout - THE OVEN setup added 6/13

Pure745

Pure great work and glad you found what your looking for. May you hit many fairways my friend!

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it Tai!!!!

One of the most unbiased, honest assessments I've ever read. More trustworthy and informative than the drivel offered by the major publications. Hit 'em well my friend......:drinks:

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

[quote name='JJK947' timestamp='1365824177' post='6826061']
[quote name='Doc420' timestamp='1365823947' post='6826033']
Now I am curious to know if this setup is any better than your 910's. With the same shaft setups, I doubt there would be any real difference, just that the 913's are a little newer.
[/quote]

913's are definitely an improvement for me and a lot of other's I know. At first glance they look almost idenical to the 910's but I got better ball speed, lower spin and just better overall performance with the 913 D3 vs. the 910 D3. 910 was not a driver I would consider playing, 913 is though. It has also been noted how much of an improvident the FD is from the 910 to the 913.
[/quote]

I echo JJK's response. The 910D3 for me spun like crazy with any shaft I put in it. I was a good driver, but I was leaving so many yards on the table with that club, and I feel the 913 is a great improvement over it. The 910FD was really good, but the 913 is an improvement on anything I would have changed. After my experience with the 910's I was very skeptical about the 913's and really had to make sure they were as good as they seemed.

[quote name='TLUBulldogGolf' timestamp='1365831572' post='6826731']
Thanks for the feedback. Still can't make up my mind between it and the Titleist, I like the adjustability factor with the Titleist but I can get a XHP for a lot better deal.
[/quote]

Tough one, they are both really good. I would give it to the FD though, but you would have to have a really low spin shaft in it to even the playing field with the XHP. The FD off the tee is just so nice, off the ground is a okay if you have a really good lie but in reality I'm usually not hitting 3 wood out of the rough. I would try the RFE out as well, sneaky long, and one of the best looking 3 woods I have seen and has adjustability. The FD's strength over the RFE and XHP is it's accuracy overall and it's a little easier to hit which was key for me.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1365855701' post='6828405']
Pure great work and glad you found what your looking for. May you hit many fairways my friend!
[/quote]

Thanks J! :drinks:

[quote name='Diesel_z06' timestamp='1365855791' post='6828413']
Didn't read every post but any reason you strayed away from ping products? Just curious
[/quote]

To be honest, I just have never had any motivation to get any of their offerings in the bag. Their first adjustable head was the Anser and I feel they have always been a little behind the times compared to other OEM's offerings. I picked up the G25 after reading all of the reviews on here, and then put it right back down after seeing what it looked like at address. Maybe one day I will try them out, but for my money, there are too many other good options out there that I don't have to convince myself to to want to try.

[quote name='nitram' timestamp='1365859563' post='6828905']
Love it Tai!!!!

One of the most unbiased, honest assessments I've ever read. More trustworthy and informative than the drivel offered by the major publications. Hit 'em well my friend...... :drinks:
[/quote]

Thanks Todd, I appreciate the comments! Testing the Titleist was more for a formality at the beginning of this, I never expected to end up picking them in the end.. but glad I did :)

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Pure

Great write up. I bought both RFE and 913 Setups early this year as well. Both in 8.5 and 7.5 in the 913.

I'm wondering if you could expand on something. You seemed to feel the 7.5 head on the 913 made a big difference. What were those differences. I assume less spin...but were you able to get those ballspeeds up with that to be more in the same range as the RFE.

[quote name='greenadam21' timestamp='1365958578' post='6839141']
Pure

Great write up. I bought both RFE and 913 Setups early this year as well. Both in 8.5 and 7.5 in the 913.

I'm wondering if you could expand on something. You seemed to feel the 7.5 head on the 913 made a big difference. What were those differences. I assume less spin...but were you able to get those ballspeeds up with that to be more in the same range as the RFE.
[/quote]

Switching to the 7.5 made a night and day difference, I wish I had an explanation as to why 1 degree would make such a big change, but I don't :) Needless to say, for me, the 7.5 was money. Misses better, distance better, and spin was way better. The 8.5 D3 was solid, but misses would lose more distance than the RFE and the 7.5 and was definitely spinning more across the board. JW was kind enough to send me a 7.5 head to try and I couldn't believe the difference it made for me. I hit the 7.5 higher than the 8.5 RFE but the 7.5 knocked down spin across the board that the 8.5 had - basically making it a higher launching, similarly spinning, more forgiving version of the RFE. Distance was also surprisingly long and right there with the RFE good for good. I haven't got the 7.5 out on the Trackman to verify ball speed, but just what I am seeing on the course it is longer for me than the 8.5.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Tai...Great job of testing the clubs so extensively!! I would be lying if I said I wasn't pulling for the RFE..but the results that matter most..YOURS...are all that matters and the best club for you came to the top of the crop tested!! Well done!!
Hope you have a great year on the links!!

dscvrr

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1365969067' post='6840583']
Pure

[/quote]

Switching to the 7.5 made a night and day difference, I wish I had an explanation as to why 1 degree would make such a big change, but I don't :) Needless to say, for me, the 7.5 was money. Misses better, distance better, and spin was way better. The 8.5 D3 was solid, but misses would lose more distance than the RFE and the 7.5 and was definitely spinning more across the board. JW was kind enough to send me a 7.5 head to try and I couldn't believe the difference it made for me. I hit the 7.5 higher than the 8.5 RFE but the 7.5 knocked down spin across the board that the 8.5 had - basically making it a higher launching, similarly spinning, more forgiving version of the RFE. Distance was also surprisingly long and right there with the RFE good for good. I haven't got the 7.5 out on the Trackman to verify ball speed, but just what I am seeing on the course it is longer for me than the 8.5.
[/quote]

Nice thread all around Tai. You make a very good point....trackman numbers aren't everything. What's more pertinent is how the clubs perform in "real time" and the confidence they give you. After watching the Masters closely the last four days I realized that when it comes to equipment, performance between one oem and another is going to be verrrry close. Literally almost all of the tee shots I watched between players flew virtually the same distances. Seemed like most drives landed on top of one another. Even Freddie using "old technology" put some driver shots past DJ's R1. We are all very fortunate with so many good options out there nowadays.

PING G20 8.5 Di6-X
PING G25 15* 7.3TS
Adams VTS LSP 20* 8.8TS
Titleist 712U 23*
Bridgestone J40CB
Fourteen RM12 51* 55* 59* S400

Really really awesome review
Like I said before, you didnt leave a thing on the table
U def. have "the one"

Have a great season

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1365969067' post='6840583']
Pure

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for the response Pure...I just got back to my computer. Well it sounds like your experience was very simliar to mine. All trackman tests put the 913 8.5 in the 2-3 mph lower BS and spinnier category (thought always more forgiving and easier to set up with confidence) . 7.5 head came in and it all came together. Spin seems to have come down, though i haven't tested it on trackman either,,,the on course performance was the proof in the pudding. No spinning up even on the worsts hits and it just seems to explode off the face.

My total distance are in the range of your carry distances. But my golfing buddy, who plays the RFE in the same fuel 70x shaft that i play in my 913's ,,,borrowed my club to try on trackman last friday. It beat his rfe by 2mph in ballspeed and he hit the biggest shots (298 carry)he has seen on that unit to date and with better accuracy. He tested the 8.5 previously and found it to be too spinny and high launching.

FWIW......When i was in our local fitters shop he measured the 913 8.5 (stamped) ..to be closer to 9.5. He also measured my 8.5(stamped) RFE to be closer to 8.75. I know there are different ways of measuring but based on this info the RFE is just truer to stated loft. Higher loft= more glancing blow = less BS, higher launch and more spin. So by going to a 7.5 head( probably closer to 8-8.5 its more of an apples to apples comparison. This is just my theory - a big part of what enables these new offerings to be low spinning and low launching was simply to start eaking back the loft to make it closer to the stamped loft. Thinking of clubs that i demoed none were...."high launching low spinning" they were low launch low spin for the loft(ie covert tour) or high launch high spin ping g25 for the stated loft.

Thanks again for posting Pure

Great read! I too just picked up a 913D2 head after briefly flirting with a RFE. I wanted to like the RFE but my buddy's 910D2 just blew it out of the water. Granted the 910 had a Tour AD DJ and the RFE a Matrix 7M3, I just didn't feel as comfortable standing over the RFE as I did the Titleist.

Glad you found one that works for you.

@ Dscvrr St Louis - The RFE is one of the best setups out right now, and definitely and unexpected one for me. Callaway is no joke this year, multiple solid offerins throughout the bag for the first time in a long time. The 913's just barely edged out the RFE's for me in overall playability. With the right shaft, the RFE is definitely one of the longest, best feeling, and best looking clubs out right now.

@ Doc Mcstuffins - During all of this, I realized how easy it is to fall into the numbers game on the Trackman. I think the Trackman is an amazing tool, but needs to be used as one of the factors in the overall big picture by a highly qualified fitter who is not just trying to get you into the longest possible setup on your good shots and disregarding the overall playability of the club for you. I also realized how little difference there was between these setups "good for good" and how important finding the right shaft head combo is for your #'s.

@ greenadam21 - Your experience is almost dead on to mine. I also found the RFE to be lower spinning, launching, and more naturally fade biased than the 913. Right now I have the 913 set at "B1" but could even drop the loft down more if I needed to, but right now the ball flight is perfect. What 3 wood are you using? Have you tried the RFE and 913 FD?

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1366036509' post='6848163']
@ Dscvrr St Louis - The RFE is one of the best setups out right now, and definitely and unexpected one for me. Callaway is no joke this year, multiple solid offerins throughout the bag for the first time in a long time. The 913's just barely edged out the RFE's for me in overall playability. With the right shaft, the RFE is definitely one of the longest, best feeling, and best looking clubs out right now.

@ Doc Mcstuffins - During all of this, I realized how easy it is to fall into the numbers game on the Trackman. I think the Trackman is an amazing tool, but needs to be used as one of the factors in the overall big picture by a highly qualified fitter who is not just trying to get you into the longest possible setup on your good shots and disregarding the overall playability of the club for you. I also realized how little difference there was between these setups "good for good" and how important finding the right shaft head combo is for your #'s.

@ greenadam21 - Your experience is almost dead on to mine. I also found the RFE to be lower spinning, launching, and more naturally fade biased than the 913. Right now I have the 913 set at "B1" but could even drop the loft down more if I needed to, but right now the ball flight is perfect. What 3 wood are you using? Have you tried the RFE and 913 FD?
[/quote]

[b]PURE-[/b]
Fade bias is the one thing i did seem to find with the RFE. I couldn't really tell if it was the club or if i just had the tendency to set up with the face slightly open (black face black crown made it hard to tell) But my miss would be a straight shot or baby fade or cut when i was set up for a draw.

I have the 7.5 head in the neutral or A1 position as of now. I can tee it up and forward and hit it high or down and the flight seems to be right were i need it for the shots i'm trying to hit here in the kansas wind.

[b][u]AS FOR THE FAIRWAY WOOD.[/u][/b]

I did test both the RFE 3 wood and 913fd and 913F (as well as every other option our this year)
It ended up coming down to these two setups which, for me, was unusual. I rarely find the Driver and fairways have matched performance for my swing. As if the fairway or the driver was an afterthought to the whichever they developed first......Anyway
[size=4]913 F was thrown out early too spinny. ( had other longer options...but didn't need a 3 wood that went as far as my driver) It came down to Callaway and titleist again.[/size]

It was a tough call between the RFE and 913fd.

I chose the 913fd.

I need a 3 wood for several par 4s that require a shorter more controlled shot either due to dogleg or landing zones being very very narrow at driver carry distances. Rarely do i need a three wood off the deck ( unless i've really screwed up or its really windy) so i was looking for the following[list]
[*]versatile club shorter than my driver off the tee able to hit it off the deck and cut through turf if need should present itself..*unfortunately it does occasionally
[/list]

[b]RFE[/b] -good ball speed and very easy to hit off the deck however, the misses...were well...misses. No line up marker once again was less than helpfull. I found the feel to be great. Workable enough to suit my needs
[b]913fd[/b]- also great ballspeed and distance, little tougher off the deck but the misses didn't seem nearly so punishing as the RFE. I will tend to hit the 913 a bit thin as a miss because of the taller face i suppose. These misses are ok for me...they get spin to keep them airborne and still go quite a long way. The 913fd head is slightly large for my taste. I think the black face to crown helps with this and it certainly looked smaller than some of the white crowned fairways i tested against. Just as with the driver the lineup aid on top of the crown really suits my eye.

The other factor that definitely swayed my decision was the degree of adjustability. I have made several , some would say many, bad purchases in this game based on mis information and ignorance on my part.... and the larger range of options in the Surefit Adapter leave greater room adjustments to be made in an every evolving golf swing.

[size=4]I put the head in the same fuel 70x as the driver with small [/size]amount[size=4] of added weight to the shaft. I now have 4 rounds and several practice sessions in with it and i have yet to hit a bad shot on course...(.I did find it was going a bit to far with not quite enough spin so I tuned the 15 degree head up a bit for the landing zones on my course so the adjustability is already paying off)). At any rate its been a great addition to my bag.[/size]

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1366036509' post='6848163']

[color=#000080]@ Doc Mcstuffins - During all of this, I realized how easy it is to fall into the numbers game on the Trackman. I think the Trackman is an amazing tool, but needs to be used as one of the factors in the overall big picture by a highly qualified fitter who is not just trying to get you into the longest possible setup on your good shots and disregarding the overall playability of the club for you. I also realized how little difference there was between these setups "good for good" and how important finding the right shaft head combo is for your #'s.[/color]

[/quote]

you nailed it. i have been down the road many times now and trackman is a good tool for me to initially test equipment. the next step is course to find the right head. then back to trackman to dial in the shaft. very important to use it as a tool and not as the end all. i am honestly going to take another look at the 913d3 - as i owned it earlier this year, but did not take it through my normal testing. it has been fun talking with you through the process and seeing what direction it has taken! wonderful write up.

[indent=1]The D3 really is a tremendous club. I got a great deal on one here right before getting hired to do some part time work for a different OEM. While that company's driver is also very strong, it was still a sad day selling a driver that had performed so well so quickly after purchasing it. The D3 is definitely a worthy winner in this contest.[/indent]

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

@Ezgolfer - JJK pretty much summed up your question in his response below and I definitely echo the comments on the 910 being superior in many ways to the 910 which was kicked out of my bag last year by a few different setups.

Now I am curious to know if this setup is any better than your 910's. With the same shaft setups, I doubt there would be any real difference, just that the 913's are a little newer.
[/quote]

913's are definitely an improvement for me and a lot of other's I know. At first glance they look almost idenical to the 910's but I got better ball speed, lower spin and just better overall performance with the 913 D3 vs. the 910 D3. 910 was not a driver I would consider playing, 913 is though. It has also been noted how much of an improvident the FD is from the 910 to the 913.
[/quote]

@ greenadam21 - Your post is almost spot on to why I ended up with the 913, had to give you a plus 1 for that response :drinks: The larger head in the FD is what I really liked, especially off the tee. Like you, I don't have to hit 3wd a lot off the turf and it is a 90% off the tee club for me. I liked the warbird sole plate on the RFE and felt it actually worked really well. I loved the RFE when you hit it dead pure, but a little off, is where the 913 started to beat out the RFE, those marginal hits on the 913 were much better and much more accurate even though good for good the RFE ball flight is just nasty and long!

@ swanry30 - Thanks for all the "consultation" during this process man, I appreciate it!

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1366048006' post='6849923']
@Ezgolfer - JJK pretty much summed up your question in his response below and I definitely echo the comments on the 910 being superior in many ways to the 910 which was kicked out of my bag last year by a few different setups.

[/quote]

[/quote]

@ greenadam21 - Your post is almost spot on to why I ended up with the 913, had to give you a plus 1 for that response :drinks: The larger head in the FD is what I really liked, especially off the tee. Like you, I don't have to hit 3wd a lot off the turf and it is a 90% off the tee club for me. I liked the warbird sole plate on the RFE and felt it actually worked really well. I loved the RFE when you hit it dead pure, but a little off, is where the 913 started to beat out the RFE, those marginal hits on the 913 were much better and much more accurate even though good for good the RFE ball flight is just nasty and long!

@ swanry30 - Thanks for all the "consultation" during this process man, I appreciate it!
[/quote]

Hittem straight buddy...

This has been a lot of fun to read.

Pure, been hitting the covert tour against my F12 LS (I know, ugly but it works and doesn't spin) and finding that it might not be the driver I thought it would be based on the launch monitor. If it can't beat out an ugly 2012 Adams driver next stop will be RFE and/or 913. I'm not really in a position to be able to demo clubs that are built to my specs so I just have to buy them and if they don't work out, just sell them. If I were to go 913 D3, would you suggest the 7.5* head? It seems like the 7.5 D3 is performing similarly to the 8.5 RFE for you and other low spin drivers @ 8.5* in general?

Taylormade Stealth Plus (9) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60

Taylormade Stealth Plus (15) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 70

Taylormade Stealth Plus (19) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80

Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100

Taylormade MG3 54.11 - DG Tour S400

Taylormade MG3 60.08 - DG Tour S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

[quote name='JJK947' timestamp='1366051609' post='6850521']
Pure, been hitting the covert tour against my F12 LS (I know, ugly but it works and doesn't spin) and finding that it might not be the driver I thought it would be based on the launch monitor. If it can't beat out an ugly 2012 Adams driver next stop will be RFE and/or 913. I'm not really in a position to be able to demo clubs that are built to my specs so I just have to buy them and if they don't work out, just sell them. If I were to go 913 D3, would you suggest the 7.5* head? It seems like the 7.5 D3 is performing similarly to the 8.5 RFE for you and other low spin drivers @ 8.5* in general?
[/quote]

If you were to go D3, definitely go 7.5 (I know it's weird playing such a low lofted driver). Have you hit the RFE?

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1366052593' post='6850685']
[/quote]

If you were to go D3, definitely go 7.5 (I know it's weird playing such a low lofted driver). Have you hit the RFE?
[/quote]

it would be great to find out what the 7.5 is measured to digitally... as it plays like a 8.5.

Thanks pure...
My last dilemma. .
Playing RFE with black tie currently long for me better than 910d3.
Do you think speeder will add more to my RFE set up ??
I agree with you on kiyoshi white assesment as far as windy days are concered.Kiyoshi does balloon into wind somewhat and has less roll.Blacktie was better in my RFE than kiyoshi..
Titelist heads seem much easier to align and easier and firendly the way they sit at address, RFE not so..

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1366052593' post='6850685']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Good to know, I hit the D3 with the D+ in 8.5* and got good numbers but they were a little higher than the covert and anser. Ball speed was a mph or two off but theoretically you would make that up with a lower lofted head. I have only hit the RFE in 10.5 stock stiff, felt and looked really good but that's about all I could tell from hitting the 10.5. I'm looking for an 8.5* to hit but that won't be easy where I am. That's why I've been following your thread, I'm going to end up buying either the D3 and/or the RFE just trying to make an educated guess really.

Interested in what you find when you take the 7.5 D3 and the RFE to the monitors. You'll probably just end up confirming what you've seen on the course now that you've had time with each.

Taylormade Stealth Plus (9) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60

Taylormade Stealth Plus (15) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 70

Taylormade Stealth Plus (19) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80

Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100

Taylormade MG3 54.11 - DG Tour S400

Taylormade MG3 60.08 - DG Tour S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

@ Ezgolfer - I'm not sure what type of swing/transition you have, so there are a lot of factors in picking the right shaft. For me, the TS Speeder has been the best performing shaft I have hit, hands down. Definitely worth a try if you're looking to knock your spin down and tighten up your dispersion.

@ JJK947 - The 8.5 RFE with the TS 7.2 is at the very lowest I can handle in terms of ball flight and spin. I coud probably go up to a 9.5 and keep the TS 7.2 if I wanted to kick the flight up, the RFE is a really low/low head and definitely plays true to loft. I think you're safe with either the D3 or RFE, you really can't go wrong since performance by both is so solid. If you need a little extra distance I'd go RFE, if you need more accuracy and a little more forgiveness, I would go D3.. just remember good for good is going to be similar. I probably won't go to the monitors with the 913's since they are already straight in the bag with on course #'s verified, but I might if I have some extra time.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Great Job! Loving my 913 setup as well, very diverse and mixed bag for me this year, but loving the 913 driver and 17/21 hybrid combo, no fairway wood for me, to accurate with the hybrids and the 17 deg is plenty deep, now if I could find something to get the S56 out of the bag but that may be mission impossible........ Great reviews in a non biased setting!

TaylorMade M5 Tour 10.5  w/ Graphite Design MJ 5
TaylorMade M6 14 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Blue 70
PXG 0317X 17 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90
PXG 0311T 3-PW w/ KBS TGI 100
PXG 0311 Milled 54/60 w/ Black Onyx DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron 009
Bridgestone Tour B X 

[quote name='TLfan' timestamp='1366063160' post='6852005']
Great Job! Loving my 913 setup as well, very diverse and mixed bag for me this year, but loving the 913 driver and 17/21 hybrid combo, no fairway wood for me, to accurate with the hybrids and the 17 deg is plenty deep, now if I could find something to get the S56 out of the bag but that may be mission impossible........ Great reviews in a non biased setting!
[/quote]

Thanks TL! Do you have the 913 HD's? Those things are pretty sweet and I play a 2 iron because my misses with hybrids are so inconsistent. How is your 913 setup?

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

I have found what you guys are saying about the 7.5 head interesting. I was fit into the 7.5 and have had a "too low of loft" complex since I bought it lol. I haven''t seen many other guys using it. I have mine set a little higher right now and it is flying high and flat, carrying a long way. Dan set it to B4, which is plus 1.5* and .75 flat. I like it, but I am going to go back down to plus .75* loft and .75 flat, C4 setting and play some and see what it does. I was playing it on D1 before I went to see Dan, now I am on top of it more so I am adding loft instead of reducing it. Just glad to see I am not the only one that likes the 7.5 head.

Tai, great thread, maybe the GOAT thread. The only problem I have is that it is going to cost me money. I have to try the TS 7.2 X now. The 82g D+ is not staying with me anymore. I feel like it is somewhere wrapped around my back when I go at one hard. I hate that feeling.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

[quote name='Hstead' timestamp='1366121780' post='6856213']
I have found what you guys are saying about the 7.5 head interesting. I was fit into the 7.5 and have had a "too low of loft" complex since I bought it lol. I haven''t seen many other guys using it. I have mine set a little higher right now and it is flying high and flat, carrying a long way. Dan set it to B4, which is plus 1.5* and .75 flat. I like it, but I am going to go back down to plus .75* loft and .75 flat, C4 setting and play some and see what it does. I was playing it on D1 before I went to see Dan, now I am on top of it more so I am adding loft instead of reducing it. Just glad to see I am not the only one that likes the 7.5 head.

Tai, great thread, maybe the GOAT thread. The only problem I have is that it is going to cost me money. I have to try the TS 7.2 X now. The 82g D+ is not staying with me anymore. I feel like it is somewhere wrapped around my back when I go at one hard. I hate that feeling.
[/quote]

Thanks for the comments HStead! Yeah, I'm not sure why the 7.5 is so much better, but it is. I'm thinking the loft optimizes the spin/launch #'s to get it more in line with the 8.5 RFE which plays very true to loft and might even go lower than the 7.5 but a hair. The 7.2x should blow the D+ out of the water for you, I haven't hit a shaft yet that has been so forgiving on bad swings in terms of keeping the ball straight and knocking down spin. This has been consistent throughout all of the different heads I have used it in.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ