2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

GolfWRX TaylorMade SLDR Driver Fitting Sessions Review and Recaps

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very quick with ordering the R1 (head only) and tried a number of shafts until the Taylormade Bus came to town and I was fitted with their stock shaft in Regular. Before i had tried the Matrix White Tie and,
a Proforce VTS - but I could hardly get the ball airborne until I got the stock shaft The ball still falls out of the sky a little early though. Have now also tried it with the Graphite Design Quattrotech and despite noticing an increase in club head speed from 93 to 97 p/h, I don't get anything out of that shaft either really. The club is set at 12* with the bottom "compass" at 2* open. 10 gram weight in the heel. My spin rate rarely goes above 2100 - rather around mid 1900...

Now, being a TM Ho, I'm drooling over the new SLDR but read it's supposed to spin even less than the R1 - so I'm thinking about getting it in 12 degrees loft to promote a little higher launch and spin and also giving me the opportunity to increase the loft a little further. Is this the way to go you think? Or should I stay away from the SLDR altogether?

[quote name='Llortamaisey' timestamp='1375745272' post='7611582']
[quote name='J13' timestamp='1375744713' post='7611514']
That makes sense. The weight being so far forward negatively effects MOI. If your a consistent ball striker not a huge deal but for the majority of the public that could be a problem. I think a lot of people will buy it only to sell it as mis hits will be punished ALA superdeep. I will admit I bought a superdeep and was thrilled until my swing wasn't perfect and I lost 50yds lol.
[/quote]
It's also been proven by Trackman science that a cog farther from the face = more gearing = more curve. Who knows what to believe anymore. I think you just have to go outside and hit it.
[/quote]

:beruo: Ouch, my head hurts. Just hit the ball! All I know this driver is longer & more consistence than my previous driver, and I'm not even a good driver! I could careless about the mumbo-jumbo science behind it. Never good at science to begin with, lol. Just give the engineer that was eating a slider & invented the SLDR a lifetime supply of sliders and a big raise!

[quote name='PrO_D_BoMbEr' timestamp='1375734822' post='7610378']

Not sure the results were enough to sway me off my R1 for now. Numbers are comparable, driver does look good. The swing weight scares me how heavy it is. Not having any MWT or sole screw is discouraging for swing weighting purposes.
[/quote]

For reference my SLDR head w/o the tip weighs 203g. The TM engineer says they'll weigh around 210g with the tip. Swingweight is greatly affected by overall length, shaft weight, grip weight along with the number of wraps of tape, etc. So feeling heavy is certainly a very personal thing that others may and may not feel the same way about.

[quote name='golfnut5438' timestamp='1375759311' post='7613414']
[quote name='PrO_D_BoMbEr' timestamp='1375734822' post='7610378']

Not sure the results were enough to sway me off my R1 for now. Numbers are comparable, driver does look good. The swing weight scares me how heavy it is. Not having any MWT or sole screw is discouraging for swing weighting purposes.
[/quote]

For reference my SLDR head w/o the tip weighs 203g. The TM engineer says they'll weigh around 210g with the tip. Swingweight is greatly affected by overall length, shaft weight, grip weight along with the number of wraps of tape, etc. So feeling heavy is certainly a very personal thing that others may and may not feel the same way about.
[/quote]

TM quoted 205 grams on their web chat on FB last week....way to much for me! Still, 203 is better then 205. I will give it a go and if I need a lighter SLDR weight, I will make a call.

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1375750950' post='7612290']
[quote name='webber' timestamp='1375748320' post='7611924']
[quote name='J13' timestamp='1375738317' post='7610802']
ANyone know the MOI on this driver? Moving the weight up means MOI goes down. Just concerned with forgiveness so whats everyone seeing in that regard?
[/quote]

....but I believe the weight up close keeps spin down on misshits like low face hits. Also I recall the R&D team saying it has more bulge and roll to add forgiveness on off center hits.
[/quote]

Gotcha.

ON another note are the normal .335 adaptors all metal EXCEPT for the small round ferrule at the very top or is the piece like the R11 adators where the piece that says higher, lower ,ect... plastic ???
[/quote]

I also asked this question....seems that all the fitters installed either a R1 or Stage 2 sleeves. Pics on TM site show a sleeve that looks like the Stage 2 sleeve to me which is the all metal version with the small ferrule on top...my fav by the way. The Tour R1 sleeve is also the same as the Stage 2 with slightly different fonts and details, but both are 1.5 degrees.

[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1375764538' post='7613914']
ANyone know the MOI on this driver? Moving the weight up means MOI goes down. Just concerned with forgiveness so whats everyone seeing in that regard?
[/quote]

....but I believe the weight up close keeps spin down on misshits like low face hits. Also I recall the R&D team saying it has more bulge and roll to add forgiveness on off center hits.
[/quote]

Gotcha.

ON another note are the normal .335 adaptors all metal EXCEPT for the small round ferrule at the very top or is the piece like the R11 adators where the piece that says higher, lower ,ect... plastic ???
[/quote]

I also asked this question....seems that all the fitters installed either a R1 or Stage 2 sleeves. Pics on TM site show a sleeve that looks like the Stage 2 sleeve to me which is the all metal version with the small ferrule on top...my fav by the way. The Tour R1 sleeve is also the same as the Stage 2 with slightly different fonts and details, but both are 1.5 degrees.
[/quote]

Okay that's what I was thinking. I really hated the plastic collar they put on the adaptors. Just a dumb thing to do when tips have to be pulled.

Also when anyone weighs a head the proper way to do it is WITH the adaptor. Weighing a head without it's hosel is useless.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1375788377' post='7614536']
[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1375764538' post='7613914']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Gotcha.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay that's what I was thinking. I really hated the plastic collar they put on the adaptors. Just a dumb thing to do when tips have to be pulled.

Also when anyone weighs a head the proper way to do it is WITH the adaptor. Weighing a head without it's hosel is useless.
[/quote]

I don't think it's useless at all unless your attempting to build your club based on a chart that was made for heads with hosels. If your using the same sleeve on all your reshafts, then it's the same.

TM quoted 205 and someone else quoted 203 on here....add 7 for the sleeve and you have 212 or 210...I prefer lighter myself based on my past TM heads and what head weight worked the best for me and the type of shafts that I use.

[quote name='Walkerdb7' timestamp='1374265406' post='7493796']
Mine will be a work in progress. I am hoping to update this with some launch monitor stats once I receive them...

Unfortunately, no one in our group was as trigger happy with their phones as the boys from NJ. We missed a really great opportunity to show you all a very impressive and well kept secret, the Taylormade Performance Lab.

First Impressions: I am not sure about anyone else, but visiting Olympia Fields was cool enough to make my day! The gated entrances and multiple buildings made our entrance the TMPL less than direct. When we finally arrived, we were greeted with Microbrews, Miller Lites, and a nice presentation talking about the development of the SLDR, not be confused with the "Slider" which is trademarked already in sports. During the presentation, Mizgoodie and I were asking Tom lots of questions about the R&D process, It turns out we both work in manufacturing. Seeing the cross section of a SLDR was particularly interesting. I had no idea how much development went into the inside of a head and how intricate the features were.

I am not sure that I am a Fanboy of one company, but I generally hadn't considered many TM products in the past. I have been golfing since 1997 and the only TM product I gamed was the R7 Quad. I had one for about 24 months when they were brand new. I was particularly interested in this experience to see how their products had changed over the last decade, if their new products would convert me to being a TM guy, and if one of their pros could fit me into a product that would deliver some more accuracy with the big dog. I am comfortable with my distance off the tee, about 280+ with my current Cleveland Ultralight, but I struggle with accuracy at times. I would even be comfortable sacrificing 10 yards in distance to have something that gave me confidence and help controlled the miss hits.

Fitting: Having the same guys that have worked with Sergio, Rosey, DJ, and the rest of the TM Staff work on me, an average joe 15 handicaper, was particularly exiting. I've been fit a couple times before at big box stores, but never left confident the fitter was that knowledgeable. After we warmed up, they began to pass out the SLDRs. It looks 100% better in person than in the pictures. The color is a nice charcoal grey and the alignment aids are there, but not overpowering. If the driver was logoless, I never would have guessed it was a Taylormade. We all were after 10.5 heads, so there was a bit of log jam. Due to the limited availability of this Prototype model, there were only two 10.5 heads. When my un-diagnosed ADD kicked in, I picked up a 9.5 set to neutral and started swinging away. Weird... my ball flight was just fine. Fortunately, hitting in front of industry professionals and board members had my nervs at a 10 and my typical mishit kicked in quickly. I began pushing / push fading / slicing balls toward the house on the right of the range. When Brad saw this, he immediately moved me to full draw bias and corrected the problem. I was thoroughly impressed with what moving 18 grams a couple inches could fix. I was hitting the ball mostly straight with a couple hooks mixed in. I was second up on the launch monitor and Brad changed my shaft right away. He installed a Oban Devotion and was very pleased with the results. He called the next 2-3 shots "Fillets". They were all around 260 carry with 2200 RPM back spin ( I will add more data if I get it) and Brad declared that setup the winner. I took a few more swings and discovered the most gratifying part about the driver... Mishits go far. I hit one completely thin and expected it to be a warm burner of around 100 yards. It carried 235 and went dead straight. I was amazed. I can't wait to get this driver onto the course for the real test. Hopefully it'll minimize the human error for me and give me confidence on the tee box.

Other Thoughts: The Q & A at the end was really fun. I got to ask all of the golf industry questions I've ever wondered and get credible answers. It also put a very human touch on TMAG. Hearing everyone speak, you got a sense of how devoted TMAG is to making the best products possible and how concerned they are with the perception that they "are just a marketing machine". Like Tom said, "If weren't aren't developing a great new product every year, someone else will and we lose our edge". Think about it... What's so bad about a company developing something every 12 months that could improve my scoring ability?
[/quote]

So... I've had my driver for a few weeks now. I have used it a couple times in my weekly league and in a couple weekend rounds with friends.

Once I got the driver, I went to my local PGA SS practice bays with the goal of comparing the driver for an extended period of time to my current gamer. I would imagine that I was making one of the biggest changes, if not the biggest, of anyone else testing the SLDR. I was switching from an 2010 10.5 deg ultra light driver with a 46" high launch shaft to a 2014 9.5 deg low spin standard weight driver with 45" low launch shaft.

I took 5 swings with each for my warm up and ran into some technical difficulty...

I was not able to do the extensive testing I wanted, but here is what I found from my warm up.

Launcher DST - 10.5 - 5 Swing Comparison
Diamana Red Board Ultra Light 46"
Spin - 1683
Carry - 232.2
Total - 250.5
Launch - 10.5
Ball Speed - 152.6
Swing Speed -109.7

SLDR 9.5 - 5 Swing Comparison
Oban Devotion 6, 4 Flex 45"
Spin - 2076
Carry - 240.7
Total - 260.3
Launch - 10.2
Ball Speed - 150.1
Swing Speed - 111.6

As you can see, even fresh out of the car with no warm up, the SLDR performed better. I gained about 10 yards of distance. Once I warmed up, the stats improved. I was disappointed I couldn't see if I still got that 10 extra yards compared to my Cleveland.

SLDR - Overall Average
Spin - 2294
Cary - 254.2
Total - 268.8
Launch - 9.8 Deg
Ball Speed - 154.4
Swing Speed - 110.8

On the course.

As I mentioned above, I am content with my distance. Although extra yardage is great, I am not craving it. I want something that can help control the mishits and install some confidence in the tee box. Driver accuracy is the bar none Achilles heel of my game. This is where the SLDR has shinned for me. A couple shots that felt really thin, like nearly topped, still carried. A couple of swings that were super quick and sliced horribly stayed in play. The difference is substantial in that it saved me at least a couple shots a round compared to my existing driver. I am still 100% confident yet, but it's better than it was.

The toughest thing to get used to has been the visual of my ball flight. My trajectory has probably been way to high for a long time. When I crush the SLDR and look up, I get worried it didn't carry anywhere. I am amazed to walk up to my ball and realize how wrong I am. More than anything, my eyes are still adjusting to a proper ball flight.

I am also getting used to a drastically different feel. I am guessing it's a characteristic of the low spin driver, but I can't always tell where I hit the ball just by feel. With my Launcher, I could close my eyes, swing, and call out straight, push, draw, slice, hook, etc. With the SLDR, I know left or right. I can't feel a ball pushed right vs a ball I sliced right. I will update this again over time to see if my feel grows with use or it's a characteristic of the driver.

Epic Max LS - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10

Epic Max 7W  - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10
4- P  T100S LA Golf A Series - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall
Raw Vokey SM9 50F, 54D, 58M S400 - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall

Vokey 64 Jimmy Walker S400 - BB and F Ferrule

Cameron Futura X11.5 - BGT Shaft - Super Stroke Flatso 1.0

good numbers walker, but man we gotta get your smash factor up. your leaving a lot on the table. imagine the numbers youd get if you added just 5mph of ball speed. (hope that didnt come across rude)

glad its working for you!

Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
Taylormade Spider Ghost

Ok, After reading all these reviews from those lucky few I was intrigued. I've bounced between driver heads, B-stone, Ping, Titliest, Cally, and currently play a R11S.

My current bag: Ping i20 irons zz65, Ping Hybrids 15* & 18*, RBZ Stage2 3w 13*, R11S 9.5* Pro Platinum, all with Stiff flex shafts.

Enough users have posted about the much improved sound and look of the club, and I agree completely. I thought the silver/gray rear of the club would distract me, but I hardly noticed it.
Now on to the fitting.

I exchanged a few emails with Ryan at the TMPL in Plano, TX asking when they would be allowed to officially fit the general public for the SLDR. He invited me up for their Aug 3rd launch event, so I got the kitchen pass and made the drive from Austin.

Ryan was gracious enough to show me around the TMPL fitting center and had me hit the MAT-T club so he could get some basics stats about my swing, and a baseline with their MAT-T driver with the sensors installed. I hit my R11S next, and was averaging

~9.5* launch
~3100RPM of backspin,
105MPH swing,
~155MPH ballspeed (IIRC).

Now to the SLDR, looked great, sounded great, felt a little heavy, but could really feel the club head position during the swing. The first shaft Ryan gave me had me about ~2500RPM (dispersion was horrible though), 2nd shaft dropped it all the way to ~1700-1800RPM (way too low for my ball speed and launch he said), then he put in a Motore Speeder VC 6.0 S and I started hitting shots with about

13*launch,
~2200RPM
+3-5MPH in ballspeed on the indoor LM.

Now we went outside. My first impression was how high this launched and how flat the flight was. A couple tweaks to the club and I was sold on this driver. The ball flight was about right, flat, and the ball looked like it was bounding forward when it hit the ground. An another interesting observation was that even my bad swings didn't result in a horrendously bad shot due to reduced overall spin.

Fitting had me up a degree into a 10.5* SLDR (slider at neutral), Motore VC6.0 (S)

I can't say enough good things about Ryan and I was very impressed with the TMPL facility at Glen Eagles CC. He was great to talk with, very knowledgeable and very helpful during their launch event taking extra time with my fitting. I will definitely be back for a proper MAT-T session when they announce/release their new FW and Hybrid lines.

hope this helps those looking for info about SLDR.
-lars

From talking with the manager at GG, it looks like the official release date has been pushed up to August 7. All GG and DSG stores will have these out on the floor if they haven't already.

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 10K, 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus Velocore TR Red 5R

TaylorMade Qi10 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Fujikura Ventus TR Blue FW 65 R

TaylorMade 2023 P790 Irons, 4-PW, TT DG 105 R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

Saw one today at dicks and it does look great. I have one coming to me that I will put through it's paces

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

I talked to European Tour player Joel Sjoholm today and he was obviously the first ET player to put it in the bag. He said it's a monster and beats everything he ever put in a bag. We talked about my ball flight and spin rates and he sadly concluded it's not for me... :( (I have a hard time spinning above 2000 rpm with my R1 at max 97 mph ss at 12* loft setting).

From a shop in the UK they told me the following: -quote- [color=#0000FF][size=1]the club is not a low spinning club, it is designed for a mid/high ball flight that travels further.-[/size][/color][size=1]unquote[/size][color=#0000FF][size=1].[/size][/color]

So - i was thinking perhaps the HL (12*) would be delivering the spin numbers I need more easily. Option of course to get the loft up a little further - or down for that matter should it be required.

Here in Sweden we probably won't see this driver in the stores until the season is over and TMAg come out with a new SLDR version - this time in white... At least i got to hold it today and it looked beautiful. If Joel is out practicing tomorrow, I'll se If I can borrow it for a quick shaft swap and put either the stock R1 shaft in it or a Graphite Design Tour AD quattrotech.

I would appreciate any thoughts from the panel based on ss abt 93-98 depending on shaft with the R1, Carry and roll 273 yds at 97 mph and about ten yards less with the stock shaft. Max spin rate was abt. 2100 and then my R1 performs OK (Carry about 230 yards). Any other shaft in the R1, the ball just falls out of the sky. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Banker' timestamp='1375715685' post='7607950']
I can't stop hooking mine!!! Moved the weight to fade, put my Oban v430 in it.....still have an awful left miss..... I don't feel like I'm swinging it bad, just can't help the face shutting down...... Could the swing weight be too light?
[/quote]

I had the same issue today but don't think its due to SW as mine has measured D 5.5 on two different scales and I've always liked it around D2.5-D3.... The fitter had me set @ 11.5 which also shut the head down a bit and had my SLDR weight @ near full fade....on the back 9 today I set the head to standard loft and moved the SLDR nearly back to center and the quick left was gone...just teed the ball a bit higher and it turned a low hook to a mid launch fade....gonna stick with this setting for a bit...

Cobra King f9/Fujikura Atmos Red TS 60S
TEE 15* XCG/DVS 70S
Adams Idea Pro 20*/Aldila Blue Bayou 80S
Srixon 565 4-PW / Nippon tour modus 105S
TM TP 52*
TM TP ATV 56*
TM TP ATV 60*
Giannini Legacy 3

[quote name='Ti-Cip ' timestamp='1375719417' post='7608400']
what is the consesus?? go up in loft vs the r1 or same?
i am on the fence about a 9.5 vs 10.5, don't really want to open of close the face to get my desired loft and promoting a draw or fade by doing so..
btw,, does anyone know what loft luke donald is using for his?
[/quote]

Fit all Thursday and Friday and we ran out of 12 degree heads to sell first. The head launches with so little spin that we could crank up the loft and get some great numbers. Smallest increase in distance was 8 yards, largest was 48.

TM M6 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S Velocore 
TM GAPR Hi 3 KBS C-Taper Lite
TM 2011 Tour Issue MC 4-PW KBS Tour 120
TM MG2 Nickel 50 and 54 KBS Tour 120

TM MG2 Raw 58 KBS Tour 120
TM Black Copper Soto TP Collection 34in
TM TP5X balls Yellow/Pix

[quote name='Hairpie' timestamp='1375838742' post='7620082']
[quote name='Banker' timestamp='1375715685' post='7607950']
I can't stop hooking mine!!! Moved the weight to fade, put my Oban v430 in it.....still have an awful left miss..... I don't feel like I'm swinging it bad, just can't help the face shutting down...... Could the swing weight be too light?
[/quote]

I had the same issue today but don't think its due to SW as mine has measured D 5.5 on two different scales and I've always liked it around D2.5-D3.... The fitter had me set @ 11.5 which also shut the head down a bit and had my SLDR weight @ near full fade....on the back 9 today I set the head to standard loft and moved the SLDR nearly back to center and the quick left was gone...just teed the ball a bit higher and it turned a low hook to a mid launch fade....gonna stick with this setting for a bit...
[/quote]

The heads are a little heavy and we changed out some of the weights to help with the swing weight for some players.

TM TP5X balls Yellow/Pix

[quote name='Hairpie' timestamp='1375840194' post='7620282']
So there are different SLDR weights?
[/quote]
Not for the general public.

TM TP5X balls Yellow/Pix

[quote name='bvmagic' timestamp='1375841132' post='7620450']
[quote name='Hairpie' timestamp='1375840194' post='7620282'] So there are different SLDR weights? [/quote]

Not sure but mine has an 11 stamped on it, maybe someone with more knowledge can confirm if this means 11 grams or not.
[/quote]

Where did you get it?

TM TP5X balls Yellow/Pix

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1375841321' post='7620486']
[quote name='9ccat9' timestamp='1375840685' post='7620360']
[/quote]
[/quote]

I heard they may release extra weights for the smaller TP model whenever it is released.
[/quote]
Will not work without having replacement gates or a redesign of the bottom.

TM TP5X balls Yellow/Pix

[quote name='9ccat9' timestamp='1375841266' post='7620474']
[quote name='Hairpie' timestamp='1375840194' post='7620282'] So there are different SLDR weights? [/quote]

Not sure but mine has an 11 stamped on it, maybe someone with more knowledge can confirm if this means 11 grams or not.
[/quote]

Where did you get it?
[/quote]

Mine just came like that from Carlsbad. Avery at TPC Sawgrass fit me at 44.5" and D3 swingweight.

[quote name='9ccat9' timestamp='1375841476' post='7620498']
[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1375841321' post='7620486']
[quote name='9ccat9' timestamp='1375840685' post='7620360']
[/quote]
[/quote]

I heard they may release extra weights for the smaller TP model whenever it is released.
[/quote]
Will not work without having replacement gates or a redesign of the bottom.
[/quote]

I'm sure the smaller TP model will be a redesign that could incorporate the replacement gates.

[/quote]

Where did you get it?
[/quote]

This is not for the general public to do, but the cap on the bottom track can be popped out at the 'fade' end. The existing weight can then be replaced.

Since bvmagic's was built in the tour dept, they probably put an 11 g weight on to swingweight it properly based on his requested length.

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

[quote name='bvmagic' timestamp='1375842045' post='7620586']

[/quote]

Where did you get it?
[/quote]

Mine just came like that from Carlsbad. Avery at TPC Sawgrass fit me at 44.5" and D3 swingweight.
[/quote]
Avery is great, he might of sent it in with a specific swing weight. I will look at my heads and see if a weight is stamped on them.

TM TP5X balls Yellow/Pix

[quote name='HipCheck' timestamp='1375842300' post='7620618']

[/quote]

Where did you get it?
[/quote]

This is not for the general public to do, but the cap on the bottom track can be popped out at the 'fade' end. The existing weight can then be replaced.

Since bvmagic's was built in the tour dept, they probably put an 11 g weight on to swingweight it properly based on his requested length.
[/quote]

That is what I figured but did not check if he was one of the winners. That is almost certainly what they did to get that swing weight.

TM TP5X balls Yellow/Pix

[quote name='9ccat9' timestamp='1375842421' post='7620632']
[quote name='bvmagic' timestamp='1375842045' post='7620586']

[/quote]

Where did you get it?
[/quote]

[/quote]
Avery is great, he might of sent it in with a specific swing weight. I will look at my heads and see if a weight is stamped on them.
[/quote]

Yea Avery was very helpful in my fitting and encouraged me to use a shorter length driver to fit my swing better. I have since gripped down on all my clubs and never felt more consistent with contact before. He took his time with us and really made us feel welcome at the performance lab. Even invited us to join the taylormade group for drinks at a local restaurant afterwards. If I didn't have the 3 hour drive back home I would have joined. Great group of guys and I hope to see them in person again sometime so I can just thank them again for all they did.