2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Adams Fast 12 LS driver, wow! How did I miss this driver?

trp3319

I've been playing a 910 D2 and really have no complaints. I find lots of fairways with good distance. In the typical golf fashion I purchased an R1 looking for more distance. The R1 is longer on occasion, but regardless of how I tune it I'm much less consistent with it.

So today I went to the PGA Superstore today to try a few new drivers. Specifically I was interested in the 913 D2 and the SLDR. After hitting both for over 30 minutes I came to the conclusion that neither is significantly longer than my 910. I'd hit a few bombs with each, but overall the R1 was the longest, but the 910 gave me the best combo of distance and accuracy. One of the sales guys I know asks what drivers I've tested and comments that he and several employees play the now discontinued Adams Fast 12 LS driver and swear it's the longest driver and they test against everything in the store. He brings me back a 9.5 and holy crap, it's easily 10 yards by the R1 and even more than my 910. Did I somehow miss this driver when it was out? Anyone still playing one? If so, your thoughts? And and the most unreal part? It's on close out for $149!!!!

Thanks!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picked one up on the cheap here from the BST. EASILY the longest AND EASIEST driver I've ever hit. I have a Matrix Black Tie X Flex in it and it is incredible. The ball just gets up and goes. SUPER low spin and knuckles through the air, carrying about 275 or 280 probably even in windy conditions.

Played a couple weeks ago in REALLY windy conditions, and was actually playing the white tees as my playing partners weren't long hitters and the wind made the already tough course 3x as long....anyways had a 294 yd 'Drivable' Par 4, but it was into the teeth of the wind.....I'd been hittin 3wood all day to keep the flight down, but I thought WTH, why not?.....smooth, easy swing and BANG, off like a freakin lightning bolt. CARRIED it to the very edge of the front upslope of the green, probably 280-285. With elevation change and distance it looked like I was on in 1, but ended up just at the base. Chipped up and 2 putted for par, but that is a drive I will remember a long, long time.

Ping G425 LST 7.5* | Aldila Rogue White 70TX // TM 300 Mini 13.5 | Aldila Rogue White 80TX // Callaway Apex UW 19* | HZRDUS Smoke RDX 80 6.5 // Srixon ZX U 20* | Recoil Proto 110 F5 // Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo 5-PW // CTaper  Lite 115X | Cleveland CBX2 50/56* | DG 115 Wedge // 37" Odyssey 5K Tri-Hot Triple Wide

I took mine out the other day and hit some nice drives with it, but honestly for me I still think my R5TP is longer. I am still gonna thoroughly test it once spring comes since I now have some consistency with it.

Cally 9.5 Xhot Fuel TS 60 tipped
RBZ Stage 2 Tour 16.5* HL Attas 7S
909H 17*, 21* &24* V Steel
5-GW Cobra Pro M/B 950g/h
Cleveland 588 Tour Zip Grooves 54*
34" C&L 355g Beached
WITB Link

I'm still gaming this driver, despite trying all of the latest offerings and even after buying the new XTD Ti (without hitting it - I got a really good deal). It even made me sell my 913D2 with AD DI-6. I luckily came upon this driver a few months ago when an older gentleman I was paired with consistently outdrove me by a ton. He told me it was the driver and that it made him replace his 913D2 with AD DI-6 as well. Suffice it to say the next day I snatched one up in the used bin at a local golf store.
I am still on the fence about the XTD TI though. I feel that the new Adams is hotter across the face but the shaft isn't as good as the stock Fubuki Alpha in the LS. I'm considering trying the XTD Ti with the Fubuki shaft before deciding which one I'll be putting in the bag.

Titleist 8.5* TS3 Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff
Titleist 15* TS2 3W Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff
Titleist 19* TS2 Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 Stiff 
Callaway Apex 19 4-AW TT Elevate 95 Stiff
Cobra King Pur Wedge 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Cleveland CBX Wedge 60* TT 115g
 Odyssey V Line Arm Lock Putter

It is a really great driver, but certainly isn't a low spin head. I had one with the Fubuki Alpha and the dispersion with that shaft was not great for me. Probably needed a different shaft, but I found it plenty long. Kind of performed like a Rapture V2 - nothing about the combo screamed "long," but it did produce a ton of ball speed.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

[quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1388729130' post='8389373']
It is a really great driver, but certainly isn't a low spin head.
[/quote]

Of course it's a low spin head. Obviously the Fubuki was too loose for you so you're hardly going to get a proper spin reading.

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

I have one on a ProLaunch Red playing at 47", I took the weight out of the back and painted the crown, LOVE THAT THING.Driver is the one club I never bother to look at when at a golf store or online.

Darkspeed X 9* w/Diamana D+

Cobra King LTD 17* w/Diamana S+

PXG 0311T Gen3 GW-4 w/Modus 105

TM MG3  52* , Wilson HT 56*, Reg 588 Zip 61*
PhantomX 5.5

[quote name='GeorgeL' timestamp='1388728266' post='8389327']
I'm still gaming this driver, despite trying all of the latest offerings and even after buying the new XTD Ti (without hitting it - I got a really good deal). It even made me sell my 913D2 with AD DI-6. I luckily came upon this driver a few months ago when an older gentleman I was paired with consistently outdrove me by a ton. He told me it was the driver and that it made him replace his 913D2 with AD DI-6 as well. Suffice it to say the next day I snatched one up in the used bin at a local golf store.
I am still on the fence about the XTD TI though. I feel that the new Adams is hotter across the face but the shaft isn't as good as the stock Fubuki Alpha in the LS. I'm considering trying the XTD Ti with the Fubuki shaft before deciding which one I'll be putting in the bag.
[/quote]

Same, exact scenario. I bought the XTD and really like it aesthetically, but I still feel like I hit my F12 LS with a little more control. The F12 sound is a lot better too, sound is a big deal with me. I'm going to give the XTD about another month and decide from there. I had the Red Tie pulled before I ever hit the driver, and my extra Fubuki installed.

[quote name='alessio' timestamp='1388734455' post='8389513']
Is it longer than most recent Super LS??
[/quote]For me, Super LS was longer, but not by much. Many are saying that F12LS sounds/feels better. I gave my Super LS the cotton ball treatment and it feels/sounds fantastic to me. The stock Kuro Kage shaft in the Super LS also works really well for me, although I'm trying out an OG Blueboard at 44" at the moment. Either way, both are great sticks, and I'm sure the new XTD is as well.

DRIVER........Ping G430 Max 10K 9*
FAIRWAY........Ping G430 Max 5W
HYBRID........Ping G410 3H 
IRONS........Ping i210 4-U
WEDGES........Ping Glide 3.0 54* SS, 58* Eye2
PUTTER........Odyssey White Hot Versa Twelve-S
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/955611-hawk3y3s-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='Qegurezi' timestamp='1388737098' post='8389559']
[/quote]

Of course it's a low spin head. Obviously the Fubuki was too loose for you so you're hardly going to get a proper spin reading.
[/quote]

Flattery will get you everywhere, Qeg. :)

Titleist ProV1x

[quote name='Ness' timestamp='1388755754' post='8389961']
[quote name='GeorgeL' timestamp='1388728266' post='8389327']
[/quote]

Same, exact scenario. I bought the XTD and really like it aesthetically, but I still feel like I hit my F12 LS with a little more control. The F12 sound is a lot better too, sound is a big deal with me. I'm going to give the XTD about another month and decide from there. I had the Red Tie pulled before I ever hit the driver, and my extra Fubuki installed.
[/quote]

only driver i may consider looking at is the new xtd from adams. currently have the fast12 ls as well. keep me posted on what comes out on top. usually my miss is low on the face, so not sure if the new one would have any more forgiveness up and down, rather than across the face?

[quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1388802129' post='8394369']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well you did say so yourself, basically ;)

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

[quote name='Qegurezi' timestamp='1388820683' post='8395731']
[quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1388802129' post='8394369']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well you did say so yourself, basically ;)
[/quote]

I almost hurt someone with that club when I flew it on a short par 4 and missed the guy's head by a couple feet. Just couldn't look at it anymore. True story.

Titleist ProV1x

I hit the Fast 12 LS again yesterday and it's a flat out bomber. Both swing speed and ball speed jump up when I hit it vs my 910 and spin numbers go down. For the price I'm going to get one and test it on the course vs my 910. I've never been a big believer in "I picked up 10 to15 yards when I switched drivers", but if course results equal simulator results(yes I know that sometimes they don't) I will be able to say I'm in that club. I doubt it will drastically change my game, but there are a few long par 4s that I wouldn't mind hitting one less club, or even two, in to the green.

Thanks for all the feedback

I have a friend that hits this driver so I decided to try it on the range a couple weeks ago. Man I loved it. Seems longer than my 910 and definately like the trajectory and the feel. Will be searching eBay to see what kind of deal I can find. I hit the ball pretty high and my shaft seems to spin a lot on my 910.... Can anyone tell me their experience with the fubuki alpha and if it seems to be a lower spin shaft?? Thanks

I went to the LS 12 from a 910 D2. I get less backspin from the Adams, maybe a little more carry but quite a bit more roll out. Fantastic club. Both were 9.5°, S flex, love the Fubuki. I've tried the half inch spacer and just didn't like the results.

910 was a little easier to hit off the deck, but I rarely do that anyway.

[quote name='enduro' timestamp='1388729934' post='8389403']
Nice enough driver, but the F12LS can be found much cheaper than $149 on Ebay,
[/quote]
I just picked one up five minutes ago brand new for $53 shipped. Can't wait to try it.

Rogue ST MAX 10.5 Kbs TD 50

Ping 425 fwy 17* Alta 

Ping 425 hyb 22* Alta

Srixon ZX5/7 KBS Tour 110

Vega vw-06 52 58

SC X6

[/quote]

[/quote]
How does the Fubuki play as far as stated flex?

Cobra LTDx 10.5* 

Cobra Tec 19* 
Titleist 818 H1   21*
Cobra Forged Tec 2022 Kbs $ taper stiff

Titleist SM8 54*- 58* TT AMT Black s300

Odyssey White Hot OG 7s
Maxfli Tour 2023

Damnit trp! Now I have one on the way! Got it with an Alpha stiff but I already have both a 60X and a 70X. BTW the Fubuki Alpha plays true to flex for me and is a great lower spin shaft. Launched low in a Super LS 8.5. I got rid of the LS because I couldnt get mine to look open enough for me at address. Hopefully the F12 looks more open.

[quote name='wayne18' timestamp='1388882905' post='8399289']
[/quote]

[/quote]
How does the Fubuki play as far as stated flex?
[/quote]

I had the 60x Alpha, and thought it played soft I must admit. I am a hitter, and that shaft seemed best suited for a swinger, if that makes sense?

Titleist ProV1x

[quote name='Duffner's Waggle' timestamp='1388723656' post='8389053']
Just picked one up on the cheap here from the BST. EASILY the longest AND EASIEST driver I've ever hit. I have a Matrix Black Tie X Flex in it and it is incredible. The ball just gets up and goes. SUPER low spin and knuckles through the air, carrying about 275 or 280 probably even in windy conditions.

Played a couple weeks ago in REALLY windy conditions, and was actually playing the white tees as my playing partners weren't long hitters and the wind made the already tough course 3x as long....anyways had a 294 yd 'Drivable' Par 4, but it was into the teeth of the wind.....I'd been hittin 3wood all day to keep the flight down, but I thought WTH, why not?.....smooth, easy swing and BANG, off like a freakin lightning bolt. CARRIED it to the very edge of the front upslope of the green, probably 280-285. With elevation change and distance it looked like I was on in 1, but ended up just at the base. Chipped up and 2 putted for par, but that is a drive I will remember a long, long time.
[/quote]
I also play the black tie! awesome driver!

Looong Mitten winter!
under construction!