Any reviews for Royal Grips?

gentlesgentles Members Posts: 1,849 ✭✭
Looking for some new grips - stumbled on Royal Grips which seem to be sold through GolfWorks these days. I remember years ago these were popular, does anyone have any more recent reviews? They can typically be had for a few dollars a grip.

https://www.golfworks.com/royal-linktech-golf-grips/p/RG0015/
Taylormade 2016 M2 10.5 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Taylormade 2016 M2 DF 3hl Aldila Tour Blue 85x
Callaway Apex 20* Aldila Tour Blue 85x
Taylormade RSI UDI 4i DG AMT x100
Taylormade P770 5-P DG AMT x100
Ping Glide 51,55, 59 DG S400
Ping Anser Milled 5

On the bench/testing: G400 LST, Callaway 3deep, Cobra LTD 3-4, Callaway Apex 23*, UDI 2 and 3 irons, Ping Glide 53, PM Grind 64

Comments

• naj959naj959 Members Posts: 994 ✭✭
    I put one on my 3 wood to try out. Typically play without a glove so tackiness and grip are very important to me. So far they have performed very nicely. They have a nice soft silky feel to them but are better than GP tour velvets in my opinion. The old gen. Lamkins used to be my favorite grip but I may put the RG XV's on all of my clubs. Very good grip for the price.
  • raggal62raggal62 Members Posts: 447 ✭✭
    Hard to find a better grip for the price.

I like the old school V-Sand Wrap. And it's available with a rib which I prefer on my irons.
  • NessismNessism To measure is to know... Members Posts: 18,211 ✭✭
    A while back I bought some Royal Interlocking grips and when they arrived I was taken back by how small they were. They would require extra tape wraps to get them up to standard size so I just threw them in the spares box. I have good memories of the Sand Wrap Royal grips so this experience was sort of a bummer. The grips weighed 50 grams so it's not like there was a mixup with some undersize grips or anything. At any rate, I like Royal but the devils in the details.
    Ping G400 driver w/Adila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
    Cobra F7 5 wood w/Aldila Black 70S
    TEE Pro 21* hybrid (hook machine)
    Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S (i200 backups)
    Ping Glide 50/55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
    Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"
  • dingusflingersdingusflingers Members Posts: 173 ✭✭
    I put their Perf Wraps on everything and haven't had any issues. Some were a pain to install but most went on easily. I was looking for something that reminded me of the old Golf Pride Tour Wraps. This did the trick...better tack than the Tacki-Mac Itomic Wraps I tried last year.

Feel is good, quality seems right up there. I believe they're still made by Lamkin. Don't hesitate to give them a shot.
    Titleist 915D 8.5
    Titleist 913F 15
    Wilson Staff V4 3i Utility
    Wilson Staff V4 4-GW
    Wilson Staff PMP 56/60
    Scotty Cameron Studio Design 5
    Volvik S3
  • RogerinNewZealandRogerinNewZealand Members Posts: 2,319 ✭✭
    As above the Perf Wrap, i bought a dozen a month ago on special.

Maybe the best feel of anything i have tried.

My all time favourites are Mizuno M21 and GP TV.

I took a punt on the wrap and feel/texture are really way better than i expected,

better feel than GP Tour Wrap .

Put them on my MP33 Irons.
    2019 April

Ping G5 @ 10.5
    Callaway bb mini 12
    Callaway xr16 @ 15
    Tm V Steel @ 18

Mizuno MP 63 DGR300 at D4

Vokey SM5 50 08 F Old SM at 54 and SM6 58S 10

Titleist Scotty Mid Slant Pro Platinum at 34 and a Half!

• TNGolfer8TNGolfer8 Members Posts: 246 ✭✭
    gentles wrote:

Looking for some new grips - stumbled on Royal Grips which seem to be sold through GolfWorks these days. I remember years ago these were popular, does anyone have any more recent reviews? They can typically be had for a few dollars a grip.

https://www.golfwork...grips/p/RG0015/

I'm using the Royal Sand Wrap and love it! Not for everyone, though.
    Driver-PIng G400 Max
    3W- Ping G400
    5W-Wishon 949mc
    25* Maltby Tour Hybrid
    5-GW- Maltby TE Forged
    SW- Ping Glide 2.0 56*
    LW- Ping Glide 2.0 60*
    Maltby Pure Track Tour Milled Blade Putter
    Ball- Snell MTB Black

Also frequently used-
    Wishon 919 thi
    Maltby UFW 7W
  • BMCBMC Members Posts: 3,525 ✭✭
    Phil M used the Sand Wraps for years. I like Royal grips.
    PING OG Rapture 9*
    Cobra Baffler Pro 18* hybrid
    Cleveland CG2 irons 3-p
    Bridgestone Wedges 52/56
    Odyssey #1WS
  • drbonesvtdrbonesvt ClubWRX Posts: 8,076 ClubWRX
    I just bought their mid pistol grip, much like the the CLEVELAND blue lamkin , excellent
    8.5 (9.2*) G400 LST Tensi Pro White 70TX (tipped 1")@44.75" +5gr Hot Melt Toe<br />M1 16' Tour Issue 15.0* (14.2*) Diamana D+ Limited 90tx (Tipped 2.5”) @ 43" |<br />Titleist 2i 18.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”) | Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)<br />Titleist MB 716 3-PW (47* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1) <br />54* Wedge Works V grind & 60* Wedge Works M grind - Tour Issue S400 <br />Bettinardi BB8 Trisole or Toulon San Diego <br />All Zcord All the Time <br />all woods & 2i hot melted <br /><br />WITB Link
  • what's.a.birdie?what's.a.birdie? Danger Zone Members Posts: 120 ✭✭
    The Royal LinkTech Cord is an amazing grip for the price. I also agree with dr bones, the pistol grip is excellent.
    Titleist 910 D3 (10.5*) Fubuki Alpha 60
    Ping i15 (18.5*) Fubuki Tour 73
    Titleist 712U (4) Nippon Modus 120
    Ping S58 (6|8|PW) Nippon Modus 120
    Vokey SM6 (54*|60*) Dynamic Gold R300 
    Scotty Cameron Monterey
  • scomac2002scomac2002 Inside the Starters' Hut Members Posts: 5,426 ✭✭
    I purchased a set of Royal XV mid size grips in the winter and have used them on various clubs that I have acquired this year. I quite like them as they remind me of the old Lamkin Stingfree grips from about 10 years ago, in fact I would say they are pretty much and exact copy. I paid less than $2 a piece and at that price they are excellent value. They are only .580" core and can be a bit of a challenge to install even on steel shafted clubs. I ended up blowing them on as a result and found that worked much better than using the traditional tape and solvent method. I wouldn't even attempt to put these on an club with >.600" butt diameter.
    Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!

Titleist 913 D2 12°
    Cobra Baffler Rail F 15.5°/20°
    TM '09 Rescue 25°
    TM Burner Plus 6-AW
    TM Z Spin 56°
    Rossa Tourismo 3 counterbalanced 37"