Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Discussion Thread: GolfWRX Radio (leave comments about all podcasts here)

Comments

• dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game MinnesotaMembers Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    MtlJeff
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Cobra KING F7 fairway w/ Fujikura Pro 65
    Cobra KING F7 hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro 75H
    PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    PXG 0211 5-PW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    Cleveland CBX 52* w/ Rotex Graphite
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe Bigfoot 58* w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Bettinardi BB1F
  • BottleCapBottleCap Members Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Johnny Wunder has now stooped to Chris Solomon's level of brown nosing with his latest podcast.

The guy gets more unlikable weekly.
    Titleist TS2 GD TourAD DI 7S
    Titleist 917 F3 GD TourAD IZ 8S
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3-4 DG AMT S300
    Mizuno MP-18 5-PW DG S400
    Vokey SM7 54M and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • gentlesgentles Members Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved the first few episodes of the gear dive with the Artisan Guys, Jeff Sheets, CH3 etc, especially hearing stories about preferences or quirks that different players have. I loved hearing how Ryan Moore stockpiles his XP shafts.

Seems like the last few are just promo pieces...I had to switch the latest one with Rickie off after 5 minutes because it was just the same question over and over again. Of course there were no challenges or issues with switching the ball, of course it is better in every way the guy just got paid 7 figures to switch!

I'll still always listen because i'm a gear head, but i'm not quite as excited to see new episodes as I was at the start. Just my $0.02
    Taylormade 2016 M2 10.5 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
    Taylormade 2016 M2 DF 3hl Aldila Tour Blue 85x
    Callaway Apex 20* Aldila Tour Blue 85x
    Taylormade RSI UDI 4i DG AMT x100
    Taylormade P770 5-P DG AMT x100
    Ping Glide 51,55, 59 DG S400
    Ping Anser Milled 5

On the bench/testing: G400 LST, Callaway 3deep, Cobra LTD 3-4, Callaway Apex 23*, UDI 2 and 3 irons, Ping Glide 53, PM Grind 64
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    gentles wrote:

I loved the first few episodes of the gear dive with the Artisan Guys, Jeff Sheets, CH3 etc, especially hearing stories about preferences or quirks that different players have. I loved hearing how Ryan Moore stockpiles his XP shafts.

Seems like the last few are just promo pieces...I had to switch the latest one with Rickie off after 5 minutes because it was just the same question over and over again. Of course there were no challenges or issues with switching the ball, of course it is better in every way the guy just got paid 7 figures to switch!

I'll still always listen because i'm a gear head, but i'm not quite as excited to see new episodes as I was at the start. Just my $0.02

Now that Ryan is officially with WRX, why not add him to the Gear Dive Podcast to help flesh out more content. We don't need the Gear Dive to turn into the 19th Hole.
    Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)
    Johnny Wunder continues to lower the bar.

I don't think you could have had a more inarticulate guest than Bill Price. With his 3rd grade vocabulary Bill tried to push how "premium" his putter is.

If anyone played a drinking game off of "premium" theyd be dead from alcohol poisoning before the end of the podcast.
    Vokey SM7 54M and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
    Johnny Wunder..what was the point of the PXG and Ho Sung Choi on a gear podcast?

The PXG guy just washed his hands of their products by saying he just started.
    Vokey SM7 54M and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
    How about starting a Geoff Shackelford podcast about golf courses?
    Vokey SM7 54M and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • flogpro2252flogpro2252 Members Posts: 339 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a big fan of the pods, but I sure wish Johnny would let his guests talk more. His long winded rambling "questions" just take up space. I don't tune in to listen to hear his voice, I listen to hear his guests. The one with Joel Kribel was particularly bad, I was really excited to hear his story and how he got to PXG and after 20 minutes of listening to Johnny try to get out a question, I turned it off. I understand that none of these guys are professional interviewers but abiding by the "less is more" approach might make things a little easier to listen to...
  • Bob CatBob Cat Golfopath Members Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened to the 19th hole?

Maybe I was the only one that liked it?

"I challenge, transform, and instill confidence in young men through the life lessons learned from the game of golf."

Taylormade M1
    TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist AVX
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETXClubWRX Posts: 4,777 ClubWRX
    Bob Cat wrote:

I'm showing a couple of them from last week - might have just taken the week off.

That one has always seemed a bit strange to me. It is almost like they are recording an on-air radio show and posting it as a podcast. There are rock music lead-in/lead-outs to a non-existent commercial break. And some "when we get back, we'll have _____ with _____ golf company." But what are you getting back from? The 5 second music break? It has just always seemed a little too overly produced for me.
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura Speeder 857 TR-X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
    cvhookem63 wrote:

Bob Cat wrote:

I'm showing a couple of them from last week - might have just taken the week off.

That one has always seemed a bit strange to me. It is almost like they are recording an on-air radio show and posting it as a podcast. There are rock music lead-in/lead-outs to a non-existent commercial break. And some "when we get back, we'll have _____ with _____ golf company." But what are you getting back from? The 5 second music break? It has just always seemed a little too overly produced for me.

I used to think the same, but after listening to Johnny Wunder, I really appreciate Michael William's professionalism.

Johnny should spend some time with Michael learning how it's done.
    Vokey SM7 54M and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

I'm a big fan of the pods, but I sure wish Johnny would let his guests talk more. His long winded rambling "questions" just take up space. I don't tune in to listen to hear his voice, I listen to hear his guests. The one with Joel Kribel was particularly bad, I was really excited to hear his story and how he got to PXG and after 20 minutes of listening to Johnny try to get out a question, I turned it off. I understand that none of these guys are professional interviewers but abiding by the "less is more" approach might make things a little easier to listen to...

Joel Kribel was the one that killed the episode. Johnny started his line of questions about the PXG equipment, and Joel replied saying he had nothing to do with any of the old stuff. Johnny had no where to go after that.

Maybe Johnny asked the wrong question
    Vokey SM7 54M and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers Posts: 893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new on spec podcast is pretty fun. Anyone know how to reach out and ask a question?
    GolfWRX podcasts are my favorite golf podcast by far during my commute. I rate them as below(1 being the best):

1) Monday's off - super real and funny, solid team.

2) on spec- really interesting, wish they had a way to ask questions, solid dude.

3) TG2 - it's good.

4) gear dive- depends on guest to be on 4 or 5 spot

5) 19th hole - depends on guest to be on 4 or 5 spot

how do you rate the podcasts?

and what are you feelings about them?

curious to hear the members thoughts..

thank you.
    Here's my list

1a. TG2 - I miss Tursky, but this is my favorite, it's like regular guys talking golf.

1b. Mondays Off - I like Knudsen better than the original host, too much wasted time with Tursky, I really enjoy hearing about what happens behind the scenes and the thought that goes into things at golf facilities.

3. 19th hole - best radio quality podcast out there

4. Gear Dive - I think Ian Fraser should be added as a co-host

Still getting a feel for On Spec, i really like Ryan's YouTube stuff.

I wish a Geoff Shackelford podcast can be added since he's no longer on a podcast

I'm really grateful for the GolfWRX podcasts due to all the bad podcasts out there (Fairway Rollin, No Laying Up, Shane Bacon, GolfDigest)

Other good podcasts out there are Fried Egg, Shotgun Start, Erik Anders Lang, Golf.com
    Vokey SM7 54M and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    BottleCap wrote:

Here's my list

1a. TG2 - I miss Tursky, but this is my favorite, it's like regular guys talking golf.

1b. Mondays Off - I like Knudsen better than the original host, too much wasted time with Tursky, I really enjoy hearing about what happens behind the scenes and the thought that goes into things at golf facilities.

3. 19th hole - best radio quality podcast out there

4. Gear Dive - I think Ian Fraser should be added as a co-host

Still getting a feel for On Spec, i really like Ryan's YouTube stuff.

I wish a Geoff Shackelford podcast can be added since he's no longer on a podcast

I'm really grateful for the GolfWRX podcasts due to all the bad podcasts out there (Fairway Rollin, No Laying Up, Shane Bacon, GolfDigest)

Other good podcasts out there are Fried Egg, Shotgun Start, Erik Anders Lang, Golf.com

Geoff is on “State of the Game”
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping G400 Crossover 19* (PXi 6.0)
    Ping i20 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • toctoc Members Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    There has to be someone else who can host Gear Dive. Johnny spends more time explaining his own history or tell players or club makers about their own business than the guests do answering the “questions.” It’s by far the most interesting premise for a podcast relating to this forum it just has to have a better host.
    Glove: ML
    Tees: 2 3/4
    Towel: white
    Repair tool: metal
    Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
    Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying
  • TG2 PodcastTG2 Podcast Media Staffer Posts: 5
    As usual we really appreciate the feedback and anyone who takes the time to listen! Keep the ideas and constructive criticism coming!
    Make sure to follow Two Guys Talking Golf!

Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
  • Bob CatBob Cat Golfopath Members Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I listen to a lot of golf but if it's a "recap" of anything, I'm out.

The best convos are usually with caddies. Great insight.

New equipment tech is usually interesting as well.

"I challenge, transform, and instill confidence in young men through the life lessons learned from the game of golf."

Taylormade M1
    TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist AVX
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    toc wrote:

There has to be someone else who can host Gear Dive. Johnny spends more time explaining his own history or tell players or club makers about their own business than the guests do answering the "questions." It's by far the most interesting premise for a podcast relating to this forum it just has to have a better host.

Again, add Ryan to the Gear Dive as well. Hopefully have 2 hosts versus 1 limits the amount that Wunder can walk over the guest.
    Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TG2 Podcast. Another great episode from Brian and Rob!

If y’all haven’t listen to their most recent episode with Dean Snell you’re really missing out! I feel like a got a crash course in Titleist and TaylorMade Golf ball engineering and design.

WITB

TM R9 460 TP 9.5* - Fujikura Motore F1 65X
    TM R9 TP 3W 15* - Fujikura Motore F1 85S
    TM P790 3 & 4 - Nippon Modus3 T 105X
    TM P790 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM MG 50* - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM Z TP 54* & 58* - Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@BottleCap said:
    Johnny Wunder has now stooped to Chris Solomon's level of brown nosing with his latest podcast.

The guy gets more unlikable weekly.

I guess if being genuinely happy and positive isn't your thing I could see that. Johnny is awesome. I have not meet many people who get after life the way he does.

Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • RyanBarathWRXRyanBarathWRX Media Staffer Posts: 36 ✭✭

@Timbo929 said:
    The new on spec podcast is pretty fun. Anyone know how to reach out and ask a question?

Hi Timbo - thanks for reaching out, if you have a question you can use this thread here for now, but i will be starting a new thread to allow for questions on the pod.

Thanks to everyone who's been listening to On Spec so far and if you want to reach out you can use the instagram page https://instagram.com/onspecwrx/

Always appreciate feedback - the entire goal of the show is to answer questions and talk about cool gear.

@RyanBarathWRX said:

@Timbo929 said:

Hi Timbo - thanks for reaching out, if you have a question you can use this thread here for now, but i will be starting a new thread to allow for questions on the pod.

Thanks to everyone who's been listening to On Spec so far and if you want to reach out you can use the instagram page https://instagram.com/onspecwrx/

Always appreciate feedback - the entire goal of the show is to answer questions and talk about cool gear.

Thank you for reaching out with this info and started following you on IG.. I really look forward to your Podcast weekly bro, please keep it up sir.

edited Apr 22, 2019 2:26pm #206

@TG2 Podcast said:
    As usual we really appreciate the feedback and anyone who takes the time to listen! Keep the ideas and constructive criticism coming!

Can Mondays off (preferably due to the past relationship with Steve and Knudson) or TG2 interview Tursky? Bet it would be fun and you will probably receive some constructive criticism there.

• knudson81knudson81 My WITB is $100 but my swing is $.50 Marshals, Media Staffer Posts: 3,157 mod

@Timbo929 said:

@TG2 Podcast said:

Can Mondays off (preferably due to the past relationship with Steve and Knudson) or TG2 interview Tursky? Bet it would be fun and you will probably receive some constructive criticism there.

I wish we could, but conflict of interest! Steve talks to him all the time and I talk with him like every other week, he is doing great!

tg2_badgeV2_125.jpg

@knudson81 said:

@Timbo929 said:

@TG2 Podcast said:

I wish we could, but conflict of interest! Steve talks to him all the time and I talk with him like every other week, he is doing great!

aww, I see. well, good to hear he's doing well. Really enjoy and appreciate the Podcast sir, please keep them coming and thank you.

@Timbo929 said:

@knudson81 said:

@Timbo929 said:

@TG2 Podcast said:

aww, I see. well, good to hear he's doing well. Really enjoy and appreciate the Podcast sir, please keep them coming and thank you.

+1. Although not having a Monday’s off episode last week was a bummer since you were out in Cali for the Fuji trip 😜

WITB

• knudson81knudson81 My WITB is $100 but my swing is $.50 Marshals, Media Staffer Posts: 3,157 mod

Back at it with a new episode today though!

tg2_badgeV2_125.jpg

@knudson81 said:
    Back at it with a new episode today though!

Yup it made my day haha 😜

WITB

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji