National Custom Works Official Thread

Comments

• rtraudtrtraudt Members Posts: 1,774 ✭✭
    FirePro wrote:
    FirePro wrote:

Patrick was kind enough to send a photo album. A sneak peak of a few heads. Exactly what I had dreamed of while we were discussing the project. The heads are going to be tumbled and paintfill is yet to be added, but you will get the idea. I'll wait to post the shots of all of the heads until the heads are finished or will wait until I complete the build.

I was eyeballing those ferrules when I was trying to decide what to order, they are going to look awesome
    Mine came in[attachment

=4895318:DSC_0034.JPG]

Good looking ferrules! I recently installed some of the Maple colorway on my raw MB2s, but am planning on putting in an order for a set of NCWs and am going to have to find another one to go with. The inner Star Wars nerd in me is really digging the Boba Phat (or the Hyrule Dreamin’ given my childhood love of Ocarina of Time).
    Callaway Epic SZ 11* ACCRA TZ6 
    Callaway Epic Flash 17* Atmos Red Tour Spec 7
    TM TP UDI 21* Nunchuk Xi
    Adams MB2 Raw 4-P PX LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 52, 58 Nippon Modus 115
    Byron Morgan 612
    Sun Mountain 3.5/CaddyTek
    Snell MTB Red
  • LionGolferLionGolfer Members Posts: 1,306 ✭✭
    Really nice peanut. The blades really look awesome. Not a fan of the cb though. You going to keep them raw?
    Drivers : Crazy435COAAngel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriCrazy9Dia-ProceedIXCOABurningAngel
    UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
    Irons : GrindStudioProto-ModartCBC-PXG311T-RoddioMeisterM
    Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
    Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Kitada-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-Xenon
  • PeanutsDaddyPeanutsDaddy Members Posts: 8,658 ✭✭
    Firepro,

the ferrules are going to look stellar on the new build. Really looking forward to your finished product. My son is in love with the colour orange. He gives his seal of approval.
    Cobra King F7 9*<br />Wishon 919FD 13* (1* open)<br />Wishon 950HC 18* (1* open)<br />Wishon 775hs 21*, 24*, 27<br />NCW 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*<br />Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)<br />Betti, Machine, Mannkrafted, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon
    It takes a village. Thank you to all those who discussed this project with me behind the scenes through personal messages (you know who you are), to Patrick for his guidance throughout the project, to those whose images I've ogled over the past few years, to Don White for his obvious gifts, and to my wife who fully supported and understood this build. I enjoyed the process of this project more than any other I've had in the golf world and that is saying a great deal as there have been many.

Patrick sent me an updated photo album tonight. There are a ton of images. Paintfill is complete. Blue and Gold are the colours of my Alma Mater (grade school, high school, and post secondary education) and the red maple leaf is an homage to my homeland.

The set blends every element that I have liked in various sets over the years. A combo set that had the same appearance at address from iron to iron, raw heads (I'll be leaving them to age naturally LionGolfer), thinner topline, a sole with some relief, a toe that was somewhat square, and minimal stamping. The biggest challenge was deciding where to split the set and what lofts to choose. I like the symmetry of having 2 of each head shape. My wife thought the small cavity was **** so I've got that going for me.

Here are a small selection of images that will tell a clearer picture. I'll be sure to post a few finished images when the build is complete. Not sure if I want to install black Best Grip Microperfs or navy blue Best Grip Classics with red stitching. Huge struggle obviously ; )

TLDR - Here are the bad **** pictures:

Cobra King F7 9*<br />Wishon 919FD 13* (1* open)<br />Wishon 950HC 18* (1* open)<br />Wishon 775hs 21*, 24*, 27<br />NCW 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*<br />Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)<br />Betti, Machine, Mannkrafted, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon
  • NDGolfer13NDGolfer13 Members Posts: 1,217 ✭✭
    Fantastic stuff guys. Glad you’re back.
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ Tensei Pro Orange
    Cobra LTD 4/5 Lowest Setting Tour AD BB 70X
    Srixon F65 5 Wood
    Rogue 2H Proforce V2 (new one)
    Ping G410 Steel Fiber i95 stiff 5-SW/Callaway XForged 19 PX 6.0 3-P
    James Patrick 54/58 or Ping Glide 2.0 50/56/60
    Cameron Newport Flowneck Rebar

FOR NOW...........
    All Clubs subject to change relative to my last bad round of golf......
  • okie21okie21 Members Posts: 124 ✭✭
    Just read this entire thread. Incredible stuff.
    Titleist [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]917 D2 9.5 deg (Diamana White 70 S)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping G400 17 deg (Oban Kiyoshi White 04)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 718 AP1s 4-GW (DG AMT White S300), 1 1/4" over with 1/4" intervals 8-9i and shorter[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vokey SM7 52 deg Jet Black (DG Onyx S400) [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vokey SM '09 56 deg tour chrome (DG Wedge flex)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vokey SM7 60 deg Jet Black (KBS C Taper Lite S) all wedges same length as GW[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Scotty 2018 Newport 3, fresh from Custom Shop, std length and lie[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vice Pro Plus [/font]
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CAMembers Posts: 5,527 ✭✭

It takes a village. Thank you to all those who discussed this project with me behind the scenes through personal messages (you know who you are), to Patrick for his guidance throughout the project, to those whose images I've ogled over the past few years, to Don White for his obvious gifts, and to my wife who fully supported and understood this build. I enjoyed the process of this project more than any other I've had in the golf world and that is saying a great deal as there have been many.

Patrick sent me an updated photo album tonight. There are a ton of images. Paintfill is complete. Blue and Gold are the colours of my Alma Mater (grade school, high school, and post secondary education) and the red maple leaf is an homage to my homeland.

The set blends every element that I have liked in various sets over the years. A combo set that had the same appearance at address from iron to iron, raw heads (I'll be leaving them to age naturally LionGolfer), thinner topline, a sole with some relief, a toe that was somewhat square, and minimal stamping. The biggest challenge was deciding where to split the set and what lofts to choose. I like the symmetry of having 2 of each head shape. My wife thought the small cavity was **** so I've got that going for me.

Here are a small selection of images that will tell a clearer picture. I'll be sure to post a few finished images when the build is complete. Not sure if I want to install black Best Grip Microperfs or navy blue Best Grip Classics with red stitching. Huge struggle obviously ; )

sweet jesus
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • wmblake2000wmblake2000 Members Posts: 5,744 ✭✭

Totally excited for you! Oh man are those sweet. Here’s hoping for an early spring and low scores!
    Ping GMax 400 10.5
    Callawy Epic 5W
    Callaway X-hot 3,4 h
    Mizuno FliHi 5 iron
    Mizuno MP4 6-W
    Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
    Cameron Futura 5W

• 3 Jack Par3 Jack Par I only answer to "Ace" now Members, ClubWRX Posts: 6,108 ClubWRX
    Beautiful stuff, PD! I love that blade shape, and the maple leaf is a nice touch.
    Ping G410 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), Aldila Rogue 125 70TX
    Tour issue TaylorMade M2 Tour, 14.9*, Aldila Rogue 125 80TX
    Srixon Z u45 18* Nippon Modus3 120x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) HZRDUS Black 85X or Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x
    Scratch SB-1 3-PW, Nippon Modus3 120x
    Titleist Vokey Forged 52F & 58K, DG S400,  Titleist Vokey SM6 62* M-Grind DG S200 (sometimes)
    Byron Morgan B-17, 35", Blue Oil
    WITB Link
  • FairwayFredFairwayFred Sponsors Posts: 4,038 ✭✭
    edited Jan 30, 2019 11:54am #371
    He's baaaaaacccckkkkk.......

First National Custom Works Jeff McCoy wedges off the grinding wheel.......
    FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
    Ari Techner
    National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
    [email protected]
    IG: @nationalcustom
    Twitter: @WorksNational
    (still a huge club HO)
  • rtraudtrtraudt Members Posts: 1,774 ✭✭

They look fantastic. Is he going to be doing some musclebacks soon as well?
    Callaway Epic SZ 11* ACCRA TZ6 
    Callaway Epic Flash 17* Atmos Red Tour Spec 7
    TM TP UDI 21* Nunchuk Xi
    Adams MB2 Raw 4-P PX LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 52, 58 Nippon Modus 115
    Byron Morgan 612
    Sun Mountain 3.5/CaddyTek
    Snell MTB Red
  • IvyguyIvyguy Members Posts: 1,465 ✭✭
  • FairwayFredFairwayFred Sponsors Posts: 4,038 ✭✭
    rtraudt wrote:

They look fantastic. Is he going to be doing some musclebacks soon as well?

Yes Jeff will be crafting both irons and wedge projects.
    FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
    Ari Techner
    National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
    [email protected]ationalcustomworks.com
    IG: @nationalcustom
    Twitter: @WorksNational
    (still a huge club HO)
  • KeithM38KeithM38 Members Posts: 561 ✭✭
    Just came across this nice video from 2012 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTX03sUyAlE

You guys make some amazing looking clubs and hope to one day own a set myself.

Are you guys still up in Michigan or where are you guys working out of now?
    Titleist 915 D3 8.5* W/ Fujikura Speeder Pro74, set at A1
    Titleist 915 FD 15* W/ Diamana 70 Whiteboard, set A1
    Mizuno MP4 3-P W/ Nippon Modus3 130X
    Mizuno T5 50*, 54*, 58* 50 & 54 with Modus 130x and 58 with Modus wedge 125x
    Byron Morgan 006 GSS
  • tphilptphilp Members Posts: 100 ✭✭
    Wow those wedges and irons are amazing
  • nandersennandersen Boston, MAClubWRX Posts: 158 ClubWRX
    Ugh. Really want a set. How extensive of a fitting with my coach should I complete before working on an order? Bonus is coming in soon image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    1W: Callaway BB 816 (9.0)- HZRDUS Yellow 6.5
    3W: Taylormade M2 Tour (15) - Fujikura Pro 73x
    HW: Callaway GBB Heavenwood- HZRDUS Yellow 6.0
    1-PW: Miura Baby Blades - TT Prototype Monaco X100 +0.75"
    51-9: Miura 1957 Y-Wedge
    54-10, 60-08: SM5 Vokey M-Grind
    Odyssey O-Works 7
  • Pwood28Pwood28 Members Posts: 374 ✭✭
    nandersen wrote:

Ugh. Really want a set. How extensive of a fitting with my coach should I complete before working on an order? Bonus is coming in soon image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

The fitting is in questionnaire form. It definitely asks for detailed information, but if you know your game (and are honest about it), it doesn’t take too long. Shoot them an email and I’m sure the send your the form.
    WITB (short set edition)
    8 club bag (play most of my rounds with this setup):
    TM M3 440 Driver - 10.5 degree - Evenflow Black 75s
    TM M4 Hybrid - 18 degree 
    NCW Large Cavity - 24 degree 
    NCW Small Cavity - 32 & 40 degree 
    NCW MB - 48 degree 
    NCW Wedge - 56 degree 
    Putter (Still way too many to list!)

IG: Filmooregolf
    Canada Customs and an ice storm conspired against me, but after a few weeks of waiting the heads arrived on Friday and were put into service yesterday morning during my weekly sim round.

Aesthetically they are even more impressive in-hand. Absolutely love the shape of the toe and seamless transition between iron heads. The perfect blended set.

Feel dense on well struck balls. Yardages were on par with others that I own of comparable loft.

Digging the ferrules and custom Best Grip stitch backs.

The real test will come when I can take a divot. These soles are made to cleave the earth.

Thank you to the team. I suspect this won’t be the end.

Look forward to the experiences of others.

• LionGolferLionGolfer Members Posts: 1,306 ✭✭
    Very nice again peanut. A lot of similarity to the scratch cavity irons... can't recall the model.
    Drivers : Crazy435COAAngel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriCrazy9Dia-ProceedIXCOABurningAngel
    UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
    Irons : GrindStudioProto-ModartCBC-PXG311T-RoddioMeisterM
    Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
    Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Kitada-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-Xenon
  • wmblake2000wmblake2000 Members Posts: 5,744 ✭✭
    Canada Customs and an ice storm conspired against me, but after a few weeks of waiting the heads arrived on Friday and were put into service yesterday morning during my weekly sim round.

Aesthetically they are even more impressive in-hand. Absolutely love the shape of the toe and seamless transition between iron heads. The perfect blended set.

Feel dense on well struck balls. Yardages were on par with others that I own of comparable loft.

Digging the ferrules and custom Best Grip stitch backs.

The real test will come when I can take a divot. These soles are made to cleave the earth.

Thank you to the team. I suspect this won&#146;t be the end.

Look forward to the experiences of others.

There’s a rumor that spring is around the corner....Just in time. Congrats
    Ping GMax 400 10.5
    Callawy Epic 5W
    Callaway X-hot 3,4 h
    Mizuno FliHi 5 iron
    Mizuno MP4 6-W
    Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
    Cameron Futura 5W

LionGolfer wrote:

Very nice again peanut. A lot of similarity to the scratch cavity irons... can't recall the model.

I think the heads have their roots in the EZ-1, AR-1, and SB-1 family tree. I would assume they come from the same blanks, but can’t confirm.

Would have ordered the same from the Scratch tour department, so I’m happy that the crew signed on for a reunion tour.
  • ragweed10ragweed10 Members Posts: 294 ✭✭
    edited Apr 2, 2019 9:26pm #383

Got a few picks from Patrick over the weekend of my project & thought I’d share. But new format is not letting me. Hope to post pictures soon

• mogc60mogc60 Members Posts: 444 ✭✭
    edited Apr 2, 2019 11:29pm #384

You guys are awesome. So glad you’re back and at it again. Some of the pics of what Don has stamped out...pure Art in the finest form. I have always loved the way anything he makes looks. It just looks pure...and it always is. Congrats gentlemen...best wishes and hope to purchase soon. My scratch wedges are about smooth
    Mmmmm...diamond back square toed blades....

@ragweed10 said:

Hot **** right there...square that toe a little and I’ll lose it. Those are the best looking heads I’ve seen. Thanks for rubbing it in

**** those are good looking!!!!

• GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members Posts: 3,117 ✭✭

Diamondbacks are always sick! Congrats :)

Cobra F9 Tour Length
    2016 TM M1 T3 12.5°
    TEE CBX 119 16° hybrid
    Cobra F9 4 Iron Ricke Special
    Miura CB57 5-PW
    Vokey SM4 52°/ Cleveland RTX 2.0 Raw 56°/ Vokey Proto 60°
    Odyssey Armlock
  • buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 5,666 ✭✭