National Custom Works Official Thread

In honor of THE MAN'S birthday, here is a link to the article from SI in 1996 that completely changed my life.

https://www.si.com/vault/1996/11/04/218451/king-of-clubs-when-the-games-best-players-are-in-the-market-for-a-perfect-set-of-irons-they-call-on-don-white

I read this article and went on a frantic search for how to get a Don White made set of clubs. I went down to Albany and Don made me a couple sets. I got to see how a set of golf clubs was actually made. That was my inspiration for starting Scratch Golf in 2003. 7 years later Don joined the Scratch team. Now we work together at National Custom Works. Proof dreams do come true with some luck and alot of hard work and perseverance.

.....and we still have the paperwork. 0215cecf89ba7469b3c9a7cab40ca108.jpg
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here they are in the bag.    

Got my wedges in and did a quick preliminary build. Didn’t take many pics but here’s a few quickies until I can get some more

I kinda like mine

Posted Images

I'm assuming the ferrules are custom, where were they purchased from? The irons and wedges are amazing!

Most people don't know this but Patrick's middle name is actually Ferrule. They are all his designs. We actually have a Webstore where he sells them now.

https://squareup.com/store/bbanfco

Thank you!

Callaway Mavrik Rogue 130 white 60x
Callaway Mini 1.5 Rogue 130 white 70s 
Callaway Mavrik 5w Fujikura Pro 2.0 
Callaway Apex cf19 4-PW Project X LZ
Callaway Jaws MD5 Raw 50S, 54X Vokey WW 58V
Compass Golf Custom Flow neck

Here are a couple pics (taken today) of my combo set of DW MacGregors.

Ha, AR1's I see!! ;)

That is actually how the AR1s got their name!

Before Scratch I was with one of my eventual partners in FL playing golf at World Woods. We get paired with this older guy who keeps talking about my irons and how he can't wait for those new AR1 MacGregors to come out so he can get a set. It was an inside joke after that and when we went to introduce those iron the name was a natural fit lol.

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
ari@nationalcustomworks.com
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

Those ferules!!!

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b][color=#696969]Titleist TS3 8.5 - Fujikura TR7[/color]
[color=#696969]Titleist 917F2 15 - Fujikura Speeder 857 Evo2 Proto[/color]
[color=#696969]Mizuno 919T - KBS CTL[/color]
[color=#696969]Mizuno S18 46/50[/color][/b][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b][color=#696969]Vokey 54V/60V[/color]
[color=#696969]Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box [/color][/b]

[b][b][color=#40e0d0]Instagram: @pure745 [/color][url="https://www.instagram.com/pure745/"][color=#40e0d0]https://www.instagram.com/pure745/[/color][/url][/b][/b][/font][/size]

In honor of THE MAN'S birthday, here is a link to the article from SI in 1996 that completely changed my life.

https://www.si.com/vault/1996/11/04/218451/king-of-clubs-when-the-games-best-players-are-in-the-market-for-a-perfect-set-of-irons-they-call-on-don-white

I read this article and went on a frantic search for how to get a Don White made set of clubs. I went down to Albany and Don made me a couple sets. I got to see how a set of golf clubs was actually made. That was my inspiration for starting Scratch Golf in 2003. 7 years later Don joined the Scratch team. Now we work together at National Custom Works. Proof dreams do come true with some luck and alot of hard work and perseverance.

.....and we still have the paperwork. 0215cecf89ba7469b3c9a7cab40ca108.jpg

I remember reading that AR1 story years back lol.

It's cool to see you or DW still had the original order form. I spoke with Patrick awhile back about possibly ordering replicas of my current DW wedges. I suggested maybe sending my wedges to use them to make them as close as possible but he said no need because we still the order form and details from when I ordered a few years back. I won't get that type of personal touch/hands from Ping, TM, Cally, etc.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

how have i missed this thread ? Glad to see you back at it Ari.... fantastic shapes going on there... hard to understand how anyone plays an off the rack set of blades after seeing works of art like these

TM SIM max 10.8 Fuji Ventus red 6x 
Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
Ping Blueprint  3- PW   Modus 130X 
Artisan   53 59 s400
Cameron GSS 1.5 009. Sound slot,  tungsten weights. 

Those ferules!!!

Indeed!!

They're yours! All you have to do is find a set of MacGregor TP63 V.I.P.'s

macgregor-vip-tp63-centennial-0109-of-1000.JPG

HOLY SHEITE

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

Those ferules!!!

Indeed!!

They're yours! All you have to do is find a set of MacGregor TP63 V.I.P.'s

macgregor-vip-tp63-centennial-0109-of-1000.JPG

HOLY SHEITE

My favorite ferrules of all time. Saw a box of them outside the door of Don's office in the MacGregor factory and fell in love. We managed to get a few years back. There's probably 20 Scratch clubs out there with them also.

Ari Techner
(still a huge club HO)

I’m very happy to report that I scored my first ever “hole in one” yesterday and it was with my BB&FC DW 7 iron, which made it even sweeter! I had Patrick turn my signature into a stamp and placed out by the toe and the colours of my Grandfather’s Royal Air Force WWII medals transferred into ferrules.

A cool twist to this story is that the HIO occurred at my home course, The Earth Course in Dubai, which hosts the European Tour final event of the year (think Fed Ex Cup if from the USA) which was designed by Greg Norman. My irons are, in fact, unused Greg Norman’s personally selected blank Mac heads that Patrick very kindly offered me as an option (after being found by Don hidden away in storage).

Thanks again Patrick and Don. Making wonders that never cease!

Here is the club and I loving life.

I’m very happy to report that I scored my first ever “hole in one” yesterday and it was with my BB&FC DW 7 iron, which made it even sweeter! I had Patrick turn my signature into a stamp and placed out by the toe and the colours of my Grandfather’s Royal Air Force WWII medals transferred into ferrules.

A cool twist to this story is that the HIO occurred at my home course, The Earth Course in Dubai, which hosts the European Tour final event of the year (think Fed Ex Cup if from the USA) which was designed by Greg Norman. My irons are, in fact, unused Greg Norman’s personally selected blank Mac heads that Patrick very kindly offered me as an option (after being found by Don hidden away in storage).

Love me a story like that ! Good play and even better set of irons. Take my advice. Play them until you wear a hole in the back !

TM SIM max 10.8 Fuji Ventus red 6x 
Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
Ping Blueprint  3- PW   Modus 130X 
Artisan   53 59 s400
Cameron GSS 1.5 009. Sound slot,  tungsten weights. 

Congrats on the great shot and the great story behind the club! I'm having them make me a set later in the year and I've been admiring yours as a top contender throughout the decision making process. The beauty combined with the playability of the PMB is hard to pass up. The only other contender is the 53 fatty but I'm pretty well sold on the PMB at this point. Thanks for having them made :)

CONGRATS!!!!!

Ari Techner
(still a huge club HO)

I'm very happy to report that I scored my first ever "hole in one" yesterday and it was with my BB&FC DW 7 iron, which made it even sweeter! I had Patrick turn my signature into a stamp and placed out by the toe and the colours of my Grandfather's Royal Air Force WWII medals transferred into ferrules.

A cool twist to this story is that the HIO occurred at my home course, The Earth Course in Dubai, which hosts the European Tour final event of the year (think Fed Ex Cup if from the USA) which was designed by Greg Norman. My irons are, in fact, unused Greg Norman's personally selected blank Mac heads that Patrick very kindly offered me as an option (after being found by Don hidden away in storage).

One of the coolest posts I have read on here, congrats!!! :drinks:

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b][color=#696969]Titleist TS3 8.5 - Fujikura TR7[/color]
[color=#696969]Titleist 917F2 15 - Fujikura Speeder 857 Evo2 Proto[/color]
[color=#696969]Mizuno 919T - KBS CTL[/color]
[color=#696969]Mizuno S18 46/50[/color][/b][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b][color=#696969]Vokey 54V/60V[/color]
[color=#696969]Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box [/color][/b]

[b][b][color=#40e0d0]Instagram: @pure745 [/color][url="https://www.instagram.com/pure745/"][color=#40e0d0]https://www.instagram.com/pure745/[/color][/url][/b][/b][/font][/size]

I'm very happy to report that I scored my first ever "hole in one" yesterday and it was with my BB&FC DW 7 iron, which made it even sweeter! I had Patrick turn my signature into a stamp and placed out by the toe and the colours of my Grandfather's Royal Air Force WWII medals transferred into ferrules.

A cool twist to this story is that the HIO occurred at my home course, The Earth Course in Dubai, which hosts the European Tour final event of the year (think Fed Ex Cup if from the USA) which was designed by Greg Norman. My irons are, in fact, unused Greg Norman's personally selected blank Mac heads that Patrick very kindly offered me as an option (after being found by Don hidden away in storage).

Awesome! Maybe those were the heads Greg needed to seal the deal in a few tournaments. ;-).

All you had to do was install those ferrules......: )

Congrats!!

And still the coolest single stamp I've seen.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Im very happy to report that I scored my first ever hole in one yesterday and it was with my BB&FC DW 7 iron, which made it even sweeter! I had Patrick turn my signature into a stamp and placed out by the toe and the colours of my Grandfathers Royal Air Force WWII medals transferred into ferrules.

A cool twist to this story is that the HIO occurred at my home course, The Earth Course in Dubai, which hosts the European Tour final event of the year (think Fed Ex Cup if from the USA) which was designed by Greg Norman. My irons are, in fact, unused Greg Normans personally selected blank Mac heads that Patrick very kindly offered me as an option (after being found by Don hidden away in storage).

Congrats man! Send some Dubai brews my way!

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic interview with Patrick Boyd and WRX here about NCW, Sweetens Cove and Patrick's early golfing life.....

http://www.golfwrx.com/503932/national-custom-works-brings-don-whites-craftsmanship-back/

Ari Techner
(still a huge club HO)