Where is the tell tale sign of getting aged. ( in golf ).

124»

Comments

• BIG STUBIG STU Members  12742WRX Points: 3,524Handicap: 5.0Posts: 12,742 Titanium Tees
    scomac2002 wrote:

BIG STU wrote:

scomac2002 wrote:

cwglum wrote:

When your 1st thought is what you used to hit, so you can translate into what you need to hit ... "I used to hit 7-iron from here, so it's a 5-iron"

Or a 9W... image/dntknw.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' />
    What is really really bad is when you say I was 75 yards further off the tee on this hole---- with persimmon and balata! image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />

You know what, STU? I don't give a sh*t anymore. I'm just happy to get out there and knock it around a bit. It's not like it's important, it's just a game. Give me enough strokes and I might even take a fiver off ya! image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tongue:' />
    I am actually like you I said that tongue in cheek
    I can give you strokes and if you take a fiver off of me well that is the price of good entertainment--- Yeah I do not take golf seriously anymore. Part of my fun now is seeing if I can half **** play with that rusty set I found on the scrap pile this week or seeing if I can play any better with that same set after I have tweaked it some
    Posted:

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana R
    Hybrid Adams Boxer 19* Matrix Ozik R
    Hybrid Adams A-10 OS 22* Pro Launch red R
    Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex 2 shafts
    SW Macgregor LRA 56* S-400 DJ Special
    LW Wilson Harmonized 60 Stock TT shaft
    Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace MK5 Tour Issue
    Bag(s) Old School Burton plain mini staff or Jones Classic

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • kcowgolfkcowgolf kcowgolf Members  351WRX Points: 74Handicap: 6Posts: 351 Greens
    When you have to go to the range before you play and figure out how to swing around whatever body ailment today has brought with it.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 LST 8.5 Oban Black X
    Ping G410 3 wood Project X Hzdrus Black
    Ping G410 17 Hybrid Accra Dynamatch X
    ]Ping S55 KBS C Tapers
    Vokey SM6 48F-50F-58L
    Scotty Cameron M1
  • farmerfarmer Members  8592WRX Points: 1,034Posts: 8,592 Titanium Tees
    Needing to hire a youngster with good eyes to see where the ball went.
    Posted:
  • Chris122Chris122 Banned  611WRX Points: 8Posts: 611 Golden Tee
    farmer wrote:

Needing to hire a youngster with good eyes to see where the ball went.

I no longer hit it far enough to lose it.
    Posted:
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members  4370WRX Points: 385Posts: 4,370 Titanium Tees
    Bigarch said:
    I think it's all in the eyes. Played yesterday and lost sight of the ball several times. Was hard to follow it all the way to the ground because of the low sky and my eyesight. I thought it was a sign of getting old but I'm still in denial. Instead, I've decided I'll know I'm old when I start hitting them so short, that I CAN see the ball all the way to the ground! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    I used to be the "spotter" of golf balls off the tee and golf balls not staying in the fairway for everyone.
    Recently, I was told by my optometrist that I might need cataract surgery in the near future, no wonder things looked blurred .   BTW, anyone noticed this new WRX screen is too bright ?  It hurts my eyes.
    Posted:
  • gsea33gsea33 Members  740WRX Points: 186Handicap: 9Posts: 740 Golden Tee
    When the waitress/server gives u a bill less then the board price and u think she's hitting on u but when u inquire/thank you with the hope of a phone number she tells u no it was the senior discount and ur not even eligible for one. Happened to a guy I know. He still hasn't lived it down.
    Posted:

Titleist 975D 10.5
    Titleist 975F 14.5
    Titleist 975F 20.5
    Ping Eye 2 2, 4-SW BECU
    Titleist Acushnet Bullseye

Advertisement
  • dabuddabud John Members  37WRX Points: 28Handicap: 5Posts: 37 Bunkers
    sdandrea said:
    Tell tale signs of aging:
    Golf hurts more.
    I was playing last week and on the 5th hole took a practice swing my back went out and now I'm on prednisone.  That's a telltale sign of aging.

Plus, I need to take a cart when I play now even when my back is half-decent
    Posted:
  • TommixTommix Members  57WRX Points: 70Handicap: 14Posts: 57 Bunkers

When you play comps for the company ,stop practicing to keep your single figure handicap or hit the ball 300+ .

Posted:
  • TommixTommix Members  57WRX Points: 70Handicap: 14Posts: 57 Bunkers

On -, @dabud said:

sdandrea said:

Tell tale signs of aging:

Golf hurts more.
    I was playing last week and on the 5th hole took a practice swing my back went out and now I'm on prednisone.  That's a telltale sign of aging.

Plus, I need to take a cart when I play now even when my back is half-decent

Ahh the magic drug prednisone. I now freak every time I hear the word.
    In July 2017 after months of misdiagnoses I was rushed to hospital and put on 120mg of prednisone daily.
    It has taken me until January this year to wean off it.
    Side effects of prednisone I experienced .
    Initially up at 3am every day eating ,wide awake ,climbing up the walls so to speak.
    I looked at the world through rose coloured glasses . Even bought a boat !!!
    Put on 8 kilos all on gut.
    Moon face and buffalo neck
    Loss of muscle everywhere . Currently go to rehab gym twice per week and walk every day
    Bone density loss.
    Skin became tissue thin and had skin tears just by brushing up against anything. Even bandaids took skin off.
    Heart artery blockage (stent) cardiologist says probable prednisone caused as extensive heart check up 2016 gave all clear.
    Nil immunity , wore face mask when travelling ,ended up with shingles.
    Shortness of breath (still) probability muscle loss wher eit matter matters as CT ,MRI etc all showed lungs ok.
    To offset further side effects or lessen the above I was on seven other drugs.
    Nearly back to normal .
    BUT
    the prednisone worked and saved my sight ,probably my life.

Posted:

One of a friend's friend just passed away. He was just 70. An athlete, plays tennis and golf ( he was a walker ). Watched for his diet and traveled a lot. Takes his MEds and vitamins as instructed.
    Everything was fine at his annual health check up. One night, he just gone.
    Calcification of artery they said. I guess he did not suffer much.
    Medication seemed to be an indication of aging for my own case. Prior to turning 63 I had never taken any medication but a few times. After the age of 60, there were add one of daily medication for a bunch of condition and preventative measures.
    I had stopped the Allopurino ( for gouty arthritis ) owing to kidney stone build up. So my kidney is healthier now and the pain in the joint returned.
    Modern medicine, they'll cure one and cause other to flare up.

Posted:
  • Nomad GolferNomad Golfer Members  862WRX Points: 127Handicap: yesPosts: 862 Golden Tee

I used to run around 18 holes and have 2 beers in the clubhouse. These days I drive a cart around 9 holes and have 4 beers in the clubhouse.

Posted:

Flexible TM bag: 10 clubs
    TM r7- 425 driver 11.5*
    Brosnan Regent #5 wood
    BB HeavenWood #7 wood
    Titleist DCI black 5 7 9 wedges 48 56 60*
    Proline CopperHead putter
    Titleist NXT Tour S balls
    Titleist Tour Soft

Vintage MacGregor bag: 10 clubs
    vintage #1 5 7 woods
    MacGregor Classics 6 - 9 wedges 48 56*
    Proline Original Series V putter
    W/S Duo balls

Also have a Proline bag with excess
    clubs, W/S wood and irons, Mac and
    Titleist long irons, Adams hybrid Ping
    Pal2 putter

Advertisement

On -, @Nomad Golfer said:

I used to run around 18 holes and have 2 beers in the clubhouse. These days I drive a cart around 9 holes and have 4 beers in the clubhouse.

LOL, how true. Priority in life changes with time.

I remembered I used to walked the 18 ( carrying the full set of golf clubs , wearing the heavy leather soled steel piked golf shoes ) and not feeling getting enough , wanted to get out for an other 18. These days I could be satisfied with a nice golf related book and a cup of tea.

Posted:
  • morganmonroemorganmonroe At my desk.Members  383WRX Points: 114Posts: 383 Greens

Where is the telltale sign of getting aged in golf?
    It's when you don't care (so much) about your score. Sure, I hate a double like anybody. But a bogey doesn't bother me NEARLY as much as it used to.

Posted:
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members  3418WRX Points: 343Posts: 3,418 Titanium Tees

When one ache goes away and a new one takes its place. Thank goodness I found a great physiotherapist.

Posted:

On -, @elwhippy said:

When one ache goes away and a new one takes its place. Thank goodness I found a great physiotherapist.

Ha. Just wait, the list of other stuff will pop up soon.
    A little pain is actually not that bad. Can't stay young forever !

Posted:
  • Nomad GolferNomad Golfer Members  862WRX Points: 127Handicap: yesPosts: 862 Golden Tee

On -, @morganmonroe said:

Where is the telltale sign of getting aged in golf?
    It's when you don't care (so much) about your score. Sure, I hate a double like anybody. But a bogey doesn't bother me NEARLY as much as it used to.

I pray for a bogey !

Posted:

Flexible TM bag: 10 clubs
    TM r7- 425 driver 11.5*
    Brosnan Regent #5 wood
    BB HeavenWood #7 wood
    Titleist DCI black 5 7 9 wedges 48 56 60*
    Proline CopperHead putter
    Titleist NXT Tour S balls
    Titleist Tour Soft

Vintage MacGregor bag: 10 clubs
    vintage #1 5 7 woods
    MacGregor Classics 6 - 9 wedges 48 56*
    Proline Original Series V putter
    W/S Duo balls

Also have a Proline bag with excess
    clubs, W/S wood and irons, Mac and
    Titleist long irons, Adams hybrid Ping
    Pal2 putter

Advertisement
  • rwc356rwc356 Chicago, IllinoisMembers  411WRX Points: 141Handicap: 12Posts: 411 Greens

9 holes - Senior League and a push cart. Trying to break 40 and praying to stay below 50!

Posted:
    Just an older guy with 7 or 8 clubs and a MacKenzie Sunday Walker bag
  • Fellaheen51Fellaheen51 MichiganMembers  4708WRX Points: 2,324Posts: 4,708 Titanium Tees

Does this apply to any of you "oldsters" out there? Maybe, maybe not. On reading greens:

"If I'm breathing heavily while walking on a green, I'm going uphill. If I trip, I'm going downhill." - Spec Goldman.

Posted:
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs
  • rwc356rwc356 Chicago, IllinoisMembers  411WRX Points: 141Handicap: 12Posts: 411 Greens

On -, @Fellaheen51 said:

Does this apply to any of you "oldsters" out there? Maybe, maybe not. On reading greens:

"If I'm breathing heavily while walking on a green, I'm going uphill. If I trip, I'm going downhill." - Spec Goldman.

Spec must have been an early adopter of the Aim Point system!

Posted:
    Just an older guy with 7 or 8 clubs and a MacKenzie Sunday Walker bag

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.