2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Stiffed on Driver head

williaza

Was told to make a thread here. I purchased a Callaway XR16 Pro driver head from user 2Maybe3Putt in february. Never got the driver head and then stopped hearing from him all together.

Even though he was posting in other forums on this board. I tried to reach out in the forums he was posting in it and he called me a liar in the board.

I paid family and friends in PayPal so i cant make a claim against him. Buyer beware on this guy. No good.

the same guy was banned from a FB WRX group in the Burlington/Ross nike shoe deals (since we can't buy/sell them on here) for multiple unfulfilled deals a little under a year ago. many paid and never received anything. so despite the OP paypal F&F, the user in question is also a person I would not do business with.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

I recognize that screen name, he seems to post here pretty actively (or has in the past). I’m very interested to hear his response to these allegations, because it sure doesn’t paint him in a very good light. Without a wildly different story from him, sounds like a no-brainer ban.

And I just checked his profile, which shows him as banned now. Doesn’t sound good for the OP.

I’m always curious why someone would send friends and family, but I feel a lot of the time it’s someone with a little experience using their small amount of experience to bully an inexperienced member into it, or convincing someone it’s standard here. It’s not. If someone asks for payment friends and family, red flags need to go up immediately for a buyer. Protect yourself above all else.

I wish the sellers profile were still active so we could see his usage here and BST feedback. It isn’t normal that a thread like this comes up after someone has been banned. Did I miss another dispute with him?

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

Was told to make a thread here. I purchased a Callaway XR16 Pro driver head from user 2Maybe3Putt in february. Never got the driver head and then stopped hearing from him all together.

Even though he was posting in other forums on this board. I tried to reach out in the forums he was posting in it and he called me a liar in the board.

I paid family and friends in PayPal so i cant make a claim against him. Buyer beware on this guy. No good.

Guess you forgot to mention in all this that the driver head was delivered. should I post the tracking number since the user has been banned and is not able to himself?

Guess you forgot to mention in all this that the driver head was delivered. should I post the tracking number since the user has been banned and is not able to himself?

9987.png

still doesn't fix his reputation IMO. what's his other side of the story?

915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S

9987.png

this is just what I know, I don't know first hand, but the person who is being accused laid it out for me.

-buyer contacted seller and agreed to buy head, paid friends and family.

-as you know friends and family does not give shipping details as there is not goods and service exchange, so seller reached out to ask for address.

-2 weeks go by and buyer doesn't respond.

-buyer then starts to post in the original thread that he paid for the driver head and nothing shipped.

-I reached out to seller to let him know what is going on, because I this point I was told driver head was sent out. seller explains everything to me, and here we are.

so ya it's funny the OP makes it seem like he got scammed, but HE paid friends and family and then didn't respond for 2 weeks with any shipping info. I get the seller had some issues way back with the Ross/Burlington shoes thing, but he wasn't openly trying to scam anyone. oh well, I have no direct part of this issue whatsoever, I'm just helping the seller out since he was banned without being allowed to explain himself to the MODS they just kicked him no questions asked.

9987.png

this is just what I know, I don't know first hand, but the person who is being accused laid it out for me.

-as you know friends and family does not give shipping details as there is not goods and service exchange, so seller reached out to ask for address.

-buyer then starts to post in the original thread that he paid for the driver head and nothing shipped.

-I reached out to seller to let him know what is going on, because I this point I was told driver head was sent out. seller explains everything to me, and here we are.

so ya it's funny the OP makes it seem like he got scammed, but HE paid friends and family and then didn't respond for 2 weeks with any shipping info. I get the seller had some issues way back with the Ross/Burlington shoes thing, but he wasn't openly trying to scam anyone. oh well, I have no direct part of this issue whatsoever, I'm just helping the seller out since he was banned without being allowed to explain himself to the MODS they just kicked him no questions asked.

...So much knowledge on this matter when you're not involved + identical profile pic... putting my tinfoil hat on :dntknw:

So where did he ship it if op didn't give him an address?

well he did eventually get the info.

9987.png

...So much knowledge on this matter when you're not involved + identical profile pic... putting my tinfoil hat on :dntknw:

lol, just another Oregon duck fan and it's not the same pic, as you can see mine is "combat duck" not just puddles.

9987.png

He was contacted by a MOD last night to respond in this topic and to provide a tracking number. He declined to do either, flippantly responding that he didn't need to "explain anything...thanks for the special treatment.... ban me or do whatever".

Your "friend" is lying to you or are you lying to yourself?

look the only point im trying to make is there are 2 sides here. and everyone wants to come out with their pitch forks and go after the one guy who isn't even here to defend himself and now everyone thinks he's scamming people and its not the case at all. I'm not going to keep replying to everything on here cause again I don't have anything to do with this issue directly just take my words as you wish and move on. as you can see my feedback is impeccable from sales/purchases/swaps I've always been straight up and followed thru on my end.

look the only point im trying to make is there are 2 sides here. and everyone wants to come out with their pitch forks and go after the one guy who isn't even here to defend himself and now everyone thinks he's scamming people and its not the case at all. I'm not going to keep replying to everything on here cause again I don't have anything to do with this issue directly just take my words as you wish and move on. as you can see my feedback is impeccable from sales/purchases/swaps I've always been straight up and followed thru on my end.

Sounds like he had his chance to defend himself.

there's a reason why he's not here to defend himself. I know of his history - you may be unaware of it.

915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S

What's your skin in this game? That you're both Oregon Ducks fans? Sure doesn't seem like enough for me to stick my neck out for someone else who seems to have a questionable/ sketchy history, and I'm pretty passionate about my sports teams as well.

You're offering a voice to someone without one? Sounds like he had an opportunity and chose not to. So why do you take up for him if he didn't want to defend himself? His own words could have cleared his name, if his name were in fact clear.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

And, predictably, from the above screen grab, another problem seller who purchased his way on to the BST (just to get that on the record).